Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) (80364 Views)

Gunmen Hijack Two Buses On Kogi Road, Kidnap Scores Of Passengers / See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by ShenTeh(m): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
You leave your house by 4.30am. You go still jam traffic for iyanaoworo and MUSON centre. You leave your office by 9pm you go still jam for Iyana Oworo and Ojota.

Same people same days same roads same routes same suffering. Nothing changing, just the dates on the calendars

10 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by heartradeo: 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
NAIJA which way

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by mirabell98: 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
lagos lagos

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by HarbySloy(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2019
Thank God it wasn't the BRT bus i entered this morning you use that your yeye phone to snap because i was actually sleeping comfortably with fresh breeze through the window.

Exactly the spot i sat this morning in the BRT bus. Una wicked Ooo, i will have to watch out for people like from now on so i won't find my picture on top of the world.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by chuks34(m): 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Lexusgs430: 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
dfrost:

Haba Lexus... You and black man mentality cheesy grin. Which powder again?

Lol.... Dat kin powder when den wan perform operation..... grin
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by captainking(m): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
this is so true... sleeping in the bus on the way to work is the only way to regain sanity in lagos,.it is a normal thing to sleep in the bus on the way to work in the morning.. thank God for leaving lagos,,but i still miss lagos shaa
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
incogni2o:
If you are guilty of this, Raise your Hand

Uncle, uncle... *hands raised* grin cheesy
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by nairalandbuzz(m): 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2019
allsaint2000:
Interesting.

I hope this does not include the drivers?

I have seen drivers sleeping... one in a bus I was in and another a fellow driver on 3rd mainland bridge
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2019
ShenTeh:
You leave your house by 4.30am. You go still jam traffic for iyanaoworo and MUSON centre. You leave your office by 9pm you go still jam for Iyana Oworo and Ojota.

Same people same days same roads same routes same suffering. Nothing changing, just the dates on the calendars

Word brother! Same 'ol same. cheesy grin

Ajah to Mainland - Mainland to Ajah. Slept one day, woke up suddenly and stopped before getting to Ajah bus stop (I thought I had passed my spot). I had to trek to the Ajah bus stop. cry embarassed

4 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Lol.... Dat kin powder when den wan perform operation..... grin

Lol... cheesy grin
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by seanery: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
Una don give Kenyeans something to talk about.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
dfrost:

Word brother! Same 'ol same. cheesy grin

Ajah to Mainland - Mainland to Ajah. Slept one day, woke up suddenly and stopped before getting to Ajah bus stop (I thought I had passed my spot). I had to trek to the Ajah bus stop. cry embarassed

Lol..
Same thing happened to me last week
and the sun was very harsh ehn
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by freemi(m): 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
Tallesty1:
You can't blame them my brother. They usually get home late and leave early the next morning. Sometimes I feel like Nigeria is the purgatory for sinners from another planet.
hehe
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Badonasty(m): 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
Someone once said that with the hustle and bustle in Lagos, you don't need to visit a gym, because life in Lagos is a physical exercise.

In order to earn a living, millions of Lagosians depart their homes before the break of dawn and return late at night.

This unhealthy routine makes it hard for millions of Lagosians to meet up with the recommended sleep duration.

See the National Sleep Foundation’s Recommended Sleep Duration HERE

Indeed, this sleepless lifestyle can have an adverse effect on one's health. Perhaps, this is the reason why life expectancy keeps dropping in this part of the world.

According to recent WHO data, the life expectancy in Nigeria is, unfortunately, the lowest in all of West Africa. According to the data, the average life expectancy is around 54.5 years of age, with men living an average of 53.7 years and women living an average of 55.4 years.

The easiest way to notice the sleeplessness of Lagosians is during their commute in commercial vehicles in the mornings.

Majority of them would be founding sleeping.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-how-lagosians-sleep-in-buses-on-their-way-to-work-in-the-morning-photos/

I'm very guilty of this
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by shizzydonald(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
The hustle is real..check my signature

Welcome to ShizzyXCHANGE!! We buy all kind of Gift card (iTunes, Amazon,steam,Apple store etc). fast pay always.

We will appreciate your feedback for better deals.

CONTACT US
https:///2348119287829

Facebook:https://m.me/shizzy.donald.334
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by PotatoSalad(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
This isn't funny.
This is a result of accumulated stress. Most of these people are hypertensive and they don't know and they keep dying everyday.
It's a pity

4 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by wilyfalcone(m): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2019
tradepunter:

Wow you just gave a description that fits Nigeria. I have been trying to look for a definition of this country... Nice one grin grin grin grin
@tallesty1 walahi he gave the perfect description....... Nice grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Treasure17(m): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2019
ShenTeh:

True talk. I knew this when I was trying to meet up for a particular screening. So I had to wake up very early in the morning however I was stunned when I saw bunch of people trying to catch up with Danfo that ply their route around pass five in the morning. Shout out to Lagosians. It's not easy mehn. My sleep duration Is six hours every blessed day self. It's well.

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2019
tillaman:
The hustle is real!!! I swear the Grave is the only resting place for mankind Nigerians!

Fixed
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by nicshanz: 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2019
Who sleep help?
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by jcdera(m): 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
Tallesty1:
You can't blame them my brother. They usually get home late and leave early the next morning. Sometimes I feel like Nigeria is the purgatory for sinners from another planet.
This is deep
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
Adanairaland:

Lol..
Same thing happened to me last week
and the sun was very harsh ehn

That day ehn... I was so pissed with myself. angry grin
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by DelphiOracle(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2019
How will they know when they get to their destination
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by tellwisdom: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
You see them rushing to work every morning, but when u ask them for money, Dem go begin scratch head..#Ndi ara angry
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Geesaintagape: 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lagosians shout Lagos this Lagos that but after I visited my cousin in 2010 I confirmed Lagos is a scam when see my cousin left home as early as 4am to return 10;30pm

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by otamiri2: 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2019
You dont want to make it in life abi?
abbaapple:
angry

Answering the call of Nature is must! lipsrsealed work is a mordan day slavery! Nothing good like working up by 9am or 11am in the morning and go to work! Only entrepreneurs will know what I am saying undecided
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2019
Tallesty1:

I feel so too
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by oochi123(f): 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
Hmmmm. This is Eko. Slept like this until I left Lagos.. Still love Lagos
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
That's quite shameful.
Why can't we have other commercial centres in other parts of the country?
Greed and foolishness.

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2019
ShenTeh:

It's madness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria / My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State / 2 people Die As Helicopter Crashes Into Building in Opebi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.