Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,497 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State (80433 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 6:11am On Aug 09, 2021
Declaimer: This is a personal account of my own experiences in Oron Akwa Ibom State.

For previous post on my journeys across Nigeria visit our instagram page :

https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

After my interview with Nigeria info on Tuesday 2nd of August this year, I got on the next available flight ✈️ on Wednesday 3rd to Akwa Ibom from Lagos, which was an approximate journey of 50mins and it was successful.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 6:17am On Aug 09, 2021
After my arrival I moved to Uyo town where I spent the next few days visiting our farm project their and other related info including exploring the town, meh! Their hospitality was top notch from their foods accommodation wom*n life pattern, their markets, and including writes fruits , had a lot of coconut fruits water, Rambutan, musk melon seafood

Here is a full video of the market

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buP4jj_5YHo

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 6:20am On Aug 09, 2021
More from Uyo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Skyfornia(m): 6:21am On Aug 09, 2021
Is that Joyce with you there on Nigerian info?

And the second person was busy watching BBN..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 6:24am On Aug 09, 2021
On Saturday 8 of August I received my clearance that I could move towards Oron in AkwaIbom, being the reason I came to the state, ( the clearance means an Approval from the relevant persons or in some cases security details and the necessary the i and t that need to be dotted and crossed).

12 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 6:27am On Aug 09, 2021
Now it is important to note that Oron cray fish market is a Sunday and Wednesday market, (with Sunday being the major market day). It is also import to note that the market is in the early morning for crayfish, noon for fish and afternoon for snails.

56 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 6:31am On Aug 09, 2021
On Sunday the 8th of August we began to move towards Oron Akwa Ibom state. Located an appr of 55 km from Uyo toward the Atlantic Ocean and 30mins to Calabar by cassava (sorry I meant bush)

Watch videos here Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 6:38am On Aug 09, 2021
On our way this is Uyo town, with a fairly good network of roads, (I was told that their past government was headed by an architect)

In one of the pictures it show how a big mans car smashed another persons car but because the other has soldiers with him they began to intimidate him.

10 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by 22o62021: 6:47am On Aug 09, 2021
Who be that soft chick by your side?

15 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Payperboii(m): 6:50am On Aug 09, 2021
�������

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Nuelito: 7:05am On Aug 09, 2021
Nice thread

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by StephenBB(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2021
Them dey interview you and person still get mind dey watch BBN inside station.
Nigerian Info presenters get mind o!

6 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2021
Payperboii:
All this one no concern me
My Shanghai client say na today oh.
Make una help me pray abeg
May God save that person from being your victim, and in return save your soul in Jesus name, Amen!!!

178 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by aieromon(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2021
StephenBB:
Them dey interview you and person still get mind dey watch BBN inside station.
Nigerian Info presenters get mind o!

I guess OP has taken down the picture cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by EmmaJnr1: 9:53am On Aug 09, 2021
I love Akwa Ibom.
Best place to live
Enugu, Akwaibom, PH, Asaba
Biafrans

21 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by yemmywesey(m): 10:55am On Aug 09, 2021
Oya show us the crayfish nah.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Meteng: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2021
22o62021:
Who be that soft chick by your side?
I think say na only me see am o. She make sense die!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Meteng: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2021
Payperboii:
All this one no concern me
My Shanghai client say na today oh.
Make una help me pray abeg
cheesy
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Inspiration007: 11:19am On Aug 09, 2021
Op. Why you con pack rubber bands full for wrist?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Zenithh: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2021
Inspiration007:
Op. Why you con pack rubber bands full for wrist?

Op is a small boy na. Under 23 tops

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Payperboii(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

May God save that person from being your victim, and in return save your soul in Jesus name, Amen!!!
Shey na everything una de take serious

8 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by gamaliel9: 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
OP report yourself here ..ngwa kwontinu.........
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
Where the crayfish na
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Finally we got to the junction that leads to the oro nation, if you continue on this road, it will lead you to the airport, while a turn to the right on this road will lead to Oro nation, here our journey begins .

Here is the entrance to Oro nation.

The Oro people are made of five different sub communities or groups (caution needed), amongst them are the Oron people, Okobo amongst others. And is lead by a chief.

See videos here: https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

8 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Onlinefarmstore: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
Before getting to Oron town from Uyo it’s is important to note that you will pass through Okobo (which is also part of the Oron nation), and this is a brief history of the Oron nation.

Though much isn’t available about the town online, all I can say is that the town is a reach trading spot for seafood and other commodities from Cameroon, and is rich in serval mineral, including the availability of Govt hospital, Maritime College amongst other, and a museum.

9 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by NisforNicky: 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
Booked

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by ITbomb(m): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
I've still not seen the crayfish in the morning, fish at noon and snails at dusk cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by ichommy(m): 7:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
Zenithh:

Op is a small boy na. Under 23 tops

Haha
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by TheWolfen(m): 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nice one. Stay safe out there

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by wiseone28: 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:
On our way this is Uyo town, with a fairly good network of roads, (I was told that their past government was headed by an architect)

In one of the pictures it show how a big mans car smashed another persons car but because the other has soldiers with him they began to intimidate him.
What do you mean by fairly good roads?

Were you expecting New york style roads in Nigeria?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by DuduParaPara: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
Okay

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sad Truths About Living Abroad / PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City / Life in Beijing As an International Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.