Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) (80363 Views)

Gunmen Hijack Two Buses On Kogi Road, Kidnap Scores Of Passengers / See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
koyyes:
That's quite shameful.
Why can't we have other commercial centres in other parts of the country?
Greed and foolishness.
we have other commercial centres
But Lagos is the way it is due to lack of planning
Lagos was planned the very wrong way.
that is Lagos problem
if onitsha, or Kano was designed like Lagos
it would have been the same palava
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
Ugosample:

that is Lagos problem

Yes, I agree that Lagos was not planned well. But I don't agree that there are other equally notable commercial centres because almost all home and foreign establishments seem to have their location is Lagos first before and other state(s).

The plan from the beginning would have been not to make Lagos the main commercial centre.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2019
koyyes:

Yes, I agree that Lagos was not planned well. But I don't agree that there are other equally notable commercial centres because almost all home and foreign establishments seem to have their location is Lagos first before and other state(s).

The plan from the beginning would have been not to make Lagos the main commercial centre.

every country has it's Lagos

It's new York for America

Toronto for Canada

London for England

Paris for France

Tokyo for Japan

Beijing and Shanghai for China

that is just the way it is

Warri and PH had potential , but the fools there allowed their greed and foolish short sightedness destroy their place
now businesses have fled, or are fleeing such places to Lagos that they consider safe and free.

That is just the problem

5 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2019
koyyes:
That's quite shameful.

Why can't we have other commercial centres in other parts of the country?

Greed and foolishness.

Greed was mistakenly encoded into the blackman's genes.

2 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by semyman: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
Invasion of privacy.
This is utterly wrong
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Greed was mistakenly encoded into the blackman's genes.

we could have other commercial centres in Nigeria

BUT

The nature of many Nigerians in diffrent parts of Nigeria will work against that
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2019
Ugosample:

Toronto for Canada

London for England

Paris for France

Tokyo for Japan

Warri and PH had potential , but the fools there allowed their greed and foolish short sightedness destroy their place
now businesses have fled, or are fleeing such places to Lagos that they consider safe and free.

That is just the problem

Yes, warri and pH had huge potential but they messed things up.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
koyyes:

Yes, warri and pH had huge potential but they messed things up.
if those in Lagos make the same mistakes as say those in warri and ph made
there willl be a mass exodus as well.
to maybe Abuja or ogun state.

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by GuntersChain(m): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
traffic jam is the cause of this kind of lifestyle, in europe you can criss cross among countries to get to your work station. Bad leadership.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Phyde: 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2019
Not easy jareh....after a long stressful day and a short night sleep just to avoid traffic and minimize transport cost.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Martartins(m): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2019
After I saw where one slay queen was buried recently, I thought to myself that life is vanity.

If she was told this is where she would be buried, I am very sure she would have disagreed.

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by ernieboy(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2019
dfrost:
It's 8 hours averagely for adults. We don't need to click and be transferred to your site. cheesy grin
u no wan make the guy chop?

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by ernieboy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2019
nicshanz:
Who sleep help?
everyone. make u no sleep, ur body go phone u.

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by sweetilicious(f): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2019
Tallesty1:
You can't blame them my brother. They usually get home late and leave early the next morning. Sometimes I feel like Nigeria is the purgatory for sinners from another planet.
I don't know if i can live there.The stress over there can reduce your life expectancy.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by ernieboy(m): 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2019
Ugosample:

that is Lagos problem

which plan, Lagos get plan? Lagos grew out several pre colonial settlements, there was never any conscious effort to plan a city and the subsequent population explosion is overstretching the poor facilities to its limits.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by shugabasbn: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2019
When u are in Lagos u will think life starts and ends in Lagos but when God want to remove u from bondage and let u live in other states that is when u will realised how bad Lagos is. Lagos is not for everyone, u works from dusk to dawn everyday from Monday till Saturday, from January to December and u asked yourself by December 30 what your achievement is all about u will hardly point to something tangible

3 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Gerrard59(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2019
brightalo17:
That is how it is in most capital cities here in Africa. our own is worst because heat and mosquitoes didn't allow most of them to sleep at nights since there is no light. I still don't know why Nigeria can't have 24hr light from least in major cities.

Looter PDP And lazy APC parties are all failures.

That is the question I have tried to find answers to, but unfortunately, none so far. When one complains about it, some cretinous fvcktards blame colonial powers even after 60 years!

3 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

So you enter bus, go snap people wey dey Slee abi. make dem catch u lool
Azin! dem go beat shege, dem go even seize his memory card join.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Reference(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
This is the real test of governance, the welfare of the people, that no government at any kevel over any period of our chequered history has been able to better since the British handed over our destiny.

This is not living. This is merely existing. Even animals sleep at their leisure. I have never seen a lion asleep on the trail of an antelope or a cow asleep at the behest of a herdsman. This is tragic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
ernieboy:
u no wan make the guy chop?

Why? E go chop but no be on top matter we men know already na. 8 hours sleep? Who no know that one? cheesy grin
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by ernieboy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
dfrost:

Why? E go chop but no be on top matter we men know already na. 8 hours sleep? Who no know that one? cheesy grin
u fit jus pretend like say u nor know to help the guy career small.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2019
ernieboy:
u fit jus pretend like say u nor know to help the guy career small.

You sef wicked pass me cheesy grin.
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by hermesprogidy(m): 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2019
Ugosample:

Toronto for Canada

London for England

Paris for France

Tokyo for Japan

That is just the problem
Spot on!!! Wall Street is no different from Eko Idumota. grin
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by iboboyswag(m): 5:23pm On Apr 09, 2019
tillaman:
The hustle is real!!! I swear the Grave is the only resting place for mankind!

Not for mankind... for people in Lagos
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by tillaman(m): 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
iboboyswag:

Not for mankind... for people in Lagos
mankind bro!! Look at it generally forget the fact that they are sleeping or it’s Lagos!! Work from Monday to Friday!! Saturday Laundry and Sunday Na church for Christians, work resumes again on Monday! Sleep wake cycle na same! Except if things are done differently in your state then I stand corrected bro!
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by jeff1607(m): 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
abbaapple:
angry

Answering the call of Nature is must! lipsrsealed work is a mordan day slavery! Nothing good like working up by 9am or 11am in the morning and go to work! Only entrepreneurs will know what I am saying undecided

you ain't an entrepreneur

entrepreneurs work extra, they stay back after everyone is gone , even go home with work because of fear of their businesses falling

Even during holidays most entrepreneurs would work because they believe an or potential client might come and the Hope of making extra money.

entrepreneurs work and are always thinking of how to make businesses grow and stay afloat, they fear falling sick,they believe they are the only one who can handle it.

even when an entrepreneur got capable hands he checks or wants to be involved , unless the business was inherited.

,, During vacations they are usually scared.

Being an entrepreneur is extra hard work, a level higher is never enough ,we want to get extra higher, the sky is just the starting point

2 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by bigtt76(f): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
Baffles me how the danfo drivers manage. Up as early as 4am and we all know they don't sleep early cheesy cheesy cheesy In the morning, they are also high up after gboming tight grin

AutoJoshNIG:
Someone once said that with the hustle and bustle in Lagos, you don't need to visit a gym, because life in Lagos is a physical exercise.

In order to earn a living, millions of Lagosians depart their homes before the break of dawn and return late at night.

This unhealthy routine makes it hard for millions of Lagosians to meet up with the recommended sleep duration.

See the National Sleep Foundation’s Recommended Sleep Duration HERE

Indeed, this sleepless lifestyle can have an adverse effect on one's health. Perhaps, this is the reason why life expectancy keeps dropping in this part of the world.

According to recent WHO data, the life expectancy in Nigeria is, unfortunately, the lowest in all of West Africa. According to the data, the average life expectancy is around 54.5 years of age, with men living an average of 53.7 years and women living an average of 55.4 years.

The easiest way to notice the sleeplessness of Lagosians is during their commute in commercial vehicles in the mornings.

Majority of them would be founding sleeping.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-how-lagosians-sleep-in-buses-on-their-way-to-work-in-the-morning-photos/

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by 8stargeneral: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
D kin suffer wey dey dis country nobi here. cry
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Robert129(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2019
LMAO.

Lagos life no be here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
ernieboy:
which plan, Lagos get plan? Lagos grew out several pre colonial settlements, there was never any conscious effort to plan a city and the subsequent population explosion is overstretching the poor facilities to its limits.
precisely my point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria / My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State / Sad Truths About Living Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.