Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola (36576 Views)

Atiku Beats Buhari In Wrestling. Dele Momodu Shares Edited Video. See Reactions / See How Atiku Was Mobbed When He Returned From US. Dele Momodu Shares Video / Atiku In Suit, Dances With His Wife, Jennifer Jamilah. Dele Momodu Shares Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by fredoooooo: 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
Bo lowo bi Abiola, o le na owo bi Abiola...

Orun ire Oko Kudira
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Oritsewhandey(m): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2019
Late Alhaja Simbiat Abiola, sighted.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Oritsewhandey(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
There is something about his look, that have re-boosted my confidence, about life.
I can't place that thing but solace radiated around his aura.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by mrZENographer: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
WowSweetGuy:
undecided Abeg Afonjas should move on after so many donkey years about this MKO Abiola abeg

Why did the bible say "A good name is better than riches."-proverbs

Be wise

Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
YUNGCONCEPT11:

Well done ...keep deceiving your self
I can see young in your moniker. No more comments. This event took place over 20 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by McTobe(m): 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
Unfounded personal opinions should not be bandied as a fact. MKO Abiola was a very dogged politician and a capitalist and the last time I checked Capitalists are not best examples as Moral icon. As a person of Influence and Affluence he had his ways with the top military brass. People are divided on the kind of president he would have been. Some believed that he would have connived with the retired Generals to milk the country dry while others think that as a philanthropist that he would have made the country a better place. However, those that have closer association with him said that he is a highly detribalized Nigerian(But most Capitalists can’t afford to be tribalistic because of their investments and their business associates who might stretch from one end of the country to the other) My personal opinion is that he was a dogged Politician, a detribalized Nigerian and a philanthropist par excellence.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by AdemolaA2: 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
id911:

Don't mind the guy jare. Yes, Abiola did some bad stuffs but he was the greatest philanthropist of his generation. In fact, no Nigerian rich man was as generous as MKO even till today.

Chief M.K.O Abiola was the first Nigerian politician I personally admired and followed closely. I can never forget the day I saw him on the campaign ground. Nigeria would have moved forward faster with him as President. May God bless his soul

My late mom was a beneficiary of his benevolence back then .her bakery business was nosediving and she got some cash from MKO to revive the business.it was really a long queue as I was with my mom during this period .
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by D1zion: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2019
Shibaraba:
Mko.
Head boy.
Looters association of Nigeria....first set.
Awon eyan ITT
Won't forget he once sunk a shipload of bibles.
But no they won't say that in history books.
We sabi am.
No matter the amount of perfume wey you spray mess wey na beans or egg form am must messyes he did sank a whole ship load of Bibles & history books.with KK Dagaya,Ahmed Didat & a host of other's,during Abacha's era.

I know say I go receive bashing so in advance na una papa una dey talk to
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by formular2002(m): 10:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
Shibaraba:
Mko.
Head boy.
Looters association of Nigeria....first set.
Awon eyan ITT
Won't forget he once sunk a shipload of bibles.
But no they won't say that in history books.
We sabi am.
No matter the amount of perfume wey you spray mess wey na beans or egg form am must mess

I know say I go receive bashing so in advance na una papa una dey talk to

U dont need bashing. What u need is to know.
MKO Abiola never threw bible into the ocean. It was all propaganda. ITT was not his personal company, he was a staff that rose through the ranks and with a stroke of luck (helping the ITT corporation recover some huge debt from the FG) His personal company, RCN is still operating. The only issue he had was his political alignment with forces against the Late Awo towards the 1983 election. They both reconciled in 1989 where Aw christened him OMOBOWALE. That was what ushered him into SDP for the HOPE 93 Campaign.
MKO ABIOLA could not rule Nigeria partly because of his campaign for "Reparation" which did not go down well with world powers most especially, the USA and other well documented issues.

Had he been allowed to actualize his mandate, I believe our story in Nigeria may have been different
RIP ABIOLA

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Btruth: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2019
jayson87:
MKO how come this guy is so celebrated despite the source of his wealth questionable
aiye akamara. ....tell us the source of his wealth ooo.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

Let someone mark my words.

Very Soon in Nigeria, we will breed men/women greater than Chief MKO Abiola across the 36 States.

my brother, it will be very few in our generation that we have slay mamas, yahooplus guys and so on.... those mko, dangote otedola, OTUNBA SUBOMI, ELEGANZA, ADEBUTU KESHINGTON , OKE OWO AND CO were very optimistic about THEIR future..and didnt start thinking about success negatively. though they may later acquire more wealth illegally but they had positive mind towards success unlike our generation that believes only criminal activities can make them successful .. PLS MARK MY WORDS, " OUR GENERATION WILL BE THE MOST RICHEST AND AT THE SAME TIME POOREST...
MAY ALMIGHTY GOD ENRICHES US WITH BLESSINGS OF THIS WORLD AND THEREAFTER (AFTER DEATH)

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by SirBunky85(m): 11:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
fairfora:
Nobody is pure...I wont attack you because I'm not pure myself. He was awarded a telecoms contract under ITT, yes and he delivered. That gave birth to the nitel we had in those days nationwide. The PHCN's Disco bought by Tinubu, abdulsalaam Abubakar, madam peace and co, how market? Shey iwo ri ina ninu ile re lati bi ose kan? Abiola never bought any government asset. He never ushered into his house any bullion van to harass people on election day with it through thugs. He was never a selfish man. He grew his business, invested and employed thousands of Nigerians in his business. In his dying days, he asked God for forgiveness for all his misdeeds, including the bibles you said he threw into the ocean. He was caught reading one shortly before he died. People like you who judge would be amazed when you see the position of those you judged while on earth in heaven in the end. Only God can say and know who is truly His, not man.
u claim not to judge others yet,u keep maligning the person of tinubu cuz of unnecessary hatred. pls carry ur hypocrisy shift
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by kayzeesoft(m): 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2019
WowSweetGuy:
undecided Abeg Afonjas should move on after so many donkey years about this MKO Abiola abeg
Hatred yí noni ìṣòro ayé wọn.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2019
weavesquad:

my brother, it will be very few in our generation that we have slay mamas, yahooplus guys and so on.... those mko, dangote otedola, OTUNBA SUBOMI, ELEGANZA, ADEBUTU KESHINGTON , OKE OWO AND CO were very optimistic about THEIR future..and didnt start thinking about success negatively. though they may later acquire more wealth illegally but they had positive mind towards success unlike our generation that believes only criminal activities can make them successful .. PLS MARK MY WORDS, " OUR GENERATION WILL BE THE MOST RICHEST AND AT THE SAME TIME POOREST...
MAY ALMIGHTY GOD ENRICHES US WITH BLESSINGS OF THIS WORLD AND THEREAFTER (AFTER DEATH)

You are right Sir! The Nigerian youths are carried away with Fraud and sophisticated Prostitution.

I think we are basically involved in this negative acts due to ignorance, the Nigerian youths are basically into the dark acts due to the fact that we are unfamiliar with a different and positive method of making things happen.

We have majority of the youths in churches and mosques, we've done the things we were told to do by the so-called Religious Leaders, nothing seems to change, instead we were told to cling on hope while we donate the peanuts gathered through hardwork to the so-called Religious Leaders. The so-called Leaders are fending off our donations after using the Fear factor to pierce through our Psychology.

One thing I believe is that Change is Inevitable, once the people find a new Lightful way, they'll be ready to ply it.

Majority People have been calling for Revolution, I asked a few what kinda Revolution they are asking for, majority were emphasizing on Political Revolution. I think different though, our Political challenges is just a product of our poor foundation as a people. If we truly want to behold true Revolution in Nigeria and Africa, it must be Fundamental.

We have a great job standing before us to work.

May Heaven help Us. Amen.

Shalom.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Stillthebest: 12:04am On Apr 10, 2019
Sanchez01:

Abiola's source was never questionable. He was a business tycoon with chains of businesses.

He set up Abiola Farms, Abiola Bookshops, Radio Communications Nigeria, Wonder Bakeries, Concord Press, Concord Airlines, Summit Oil International Ltd, Africa Ocean Lines, Habib Bank, Decca W.A. Ltd, and Abiola football club.

He was also Chairman of the G15 business council, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Patron of the Kwame Nkrumah Foundation, Patron of the WEB Du Bois foundation, trustee of the Martin Luther King Foundation, and director of the International Press Institute.

In 83, he teamed up with Shehu Musa Yar'Adua, Bamanga Tukur and Raymond Dokpesi to establish Africa Ocean Lines.

Not forgetting ITT... He was the model politician for me.

He was a great soul. Honoured with over 500 chieftaincy tittles across Nigeria with a large number from the North. Was later crowned Are Ona kakanfo. Almost all musicians sang about him ranging from King sunny Ade( the song, Mko Abiola Apata nla nie ti enikan kole ridi re) still remains evergreen in my memory. Ebenezer Obey, kwam1, Sir shina Peters all sang to his glory. He was the talk of the town and a household name.

Hope '93 remains the best campaign slogan till date until emergence of 'o to ge' which was 20% less popular.

He is the only African then and now that has a golden key to enter white house. Presidents of the Nation's including Clinton were his personal friends (he banked on them to have declared himself the president in 94)

His success till date is unmatchable. When he died, Ghana lowered their flags for 1 week but Nigeria for 3 days.

He personally rejected a job offered him from Scotland to come and head in Nig just because if it was a white man that was to head it, the offer would come with an apartment and a car but he was given only a car. The man is a rare gem. He's the founder of orchestra of today. A band he created in secondary school from the proceed from his firewood sales and the band became so successful that he bought a truck from it to transport his band members and instruments for occasions.

A great chartered accountant.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Burgerlomo: 1:28am On Apr 10, 2019
RIP Bashorun Ologundudu cool
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by ogbonti: 2:15am On Apr 10, 2019
Evercurious:

PLS STOP THIS CHILDISH PLAY

No vex, I was just joking, God bless u bro
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by ogbonti: 2:15am On Apr 10, 2019
Evercurious:

PLS STOP THIS CHILDISH PLAY

No vex, I was just joking, God bless u bro......

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:18am On Apr 10, 2019
YUNGCONCEPT11:

Well done ...keep deceiving your self

Baba Na so stories dey fly those days,no internet to confirm it.
I don’t believe that story 1% if anyone is here with proof,please share. Because nairaland Na google of Naija.
Finally FYI,baba repent of those misdeeds b4 death....
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:55am On Apr 10, 2019
Born2Breed:
What is great about MKO?

That he used ITT is siphon billions or that he scammed IBB and Samuel Doe or because he sponsored the coup against Shagari and also sponsored the one against Buhari or that he used concord newspaper to vilify and rubbish awolowo political career?

Those who knew him very well knew why they vowed never to let him smell Aso Rock.

All the same he was a good politician but no ion of greatness.
is there really any man without faults or shades?? all the Hero's of d past mention them one ll have one or two things to say...bottom line is abiola was a great man...d issue would Nigeria have been different if 1993 was allowed to run full circle and mature....??
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Born2Breed(f): 4:00am On Apr 10, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
is there really any man without faults or shades?? all the Hero's of d past mention them one ll have one or two things to say...bottom line is abiola was a great man...d issue would Nigeria have been different if 1993 was allowed to run full circle and mature....??

Nothing would have really changed. He would have been the president like every other president.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by femi4: 6:05am On Apr 10, 2019
jayson87:
MKO how come this guy is so celebrated despite the source of his wealth questionable
That guy touches every sector with him money. From sports to entertainment, religion, transport, media etc
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Hedonisst: 6:35am On Apr 10, 2019
Oritsewhandey:
There is something about his look, that have re-boosted my confidence, about life.
I can't place that thing but solace radiated around his aura.
You get it. He was not an ordinary man.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by DrTee1(m): 7:09am On Apr 10, 2019
johnie:

That's Pa. Adekunle Ajasin.

Yes. I was indeed mistaken. Thank you.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by johnie: 7:19am On Apr 10, 2019
DrTee1:

Yes. I was indeed mistaken. Thank you.
You are welcome.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by DrTee1(m): 7:26am On Apr 10, 2019
formular2002:

MKO Abiola never threw bible into the ocean. It was all propaganda. ITT was not his personal company, he was a staff that rose through the ranks and with a stroke of luck (helping the ITT corporation recover some huge debt from the FG) His personal company, RCN is still operating. The only issue he had was his political alignment with forces against the Late Awo towards the 1983 election. They both reconciled in 1989 where Aw christened him OMOBOWALE. That was what ushered him into SDP for the HOPE 93 Campaign.
MKO ABIOLA could not rule Nigeria partly because of his campaign for "Reparation" which did not go down well with world powers most especially, the USA and other well documented issues.

Had he been allowed to actualize his mandate, I believe our story in Nigeria may have been different
RIP ABIOLA

You are an elder, and a wise man.

Can we speak, please? I'll love to learn from you.
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by Awanja(m): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2019
The day u saw Abiola did he dash u moni ?
id911:

Don't mind the guy jare. Yes, Abiola did some bad stuffs but he was the greatest philanthropist of his generation. In fact, no Nigerian rich man was as generous as MKO even till today.

Chief M.K.O Abiola was the first Nigerian politician I personally admired and followed closely. I can never forget the day I saw him on the campaign ground. Nigeria would have moved forward faster with him as President. May God bless his soul
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by ishadfurnitures: 7:31am On Apr 10, 2019
You are right, but Awolowo died 1987 note.
formular2002:

RIP ABIOLA
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by DrTee1(m): 8:07am On Apr 10, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

You are right Sir! The Nigerian youths are carried away with Fraud and sophisticated Prostitution.

I think we are basically involved in this negative acts due to ignorance, the Nigerian youths are basically into the dark acts due to the fact that we are unfamiliar with a different and positive method of making things happen.

We have majority of the youths in churches and mosques, we've done the things we were told to do by the so-called Religious Leaders, nothing seems to change, instead we were told to cling on hope while we donate the peanuts gathered through hardwork to the so-called Religious Leaders. The so-called Leaders are fending off our donations after using the Fear factor to pierce through our Psychology.

One thing I believe is that Change is Inevitable, once the people find a new Lightful way, they'll be ready to ply it.

Majority People have been calling for Revolution, I asked a few what kinda Revolution they are asking for, majority were emphasizing on Political Revolution. I think different though, our Political challenges is just a product of our poor foundation as a people. If we truly want to behold true Revolution in Nigeria and Africa, it must be Fundamental.

We have a great job standing before us to work.

May Heaven help Us. Amen.

Shalom.

You are a brilliant guy @Stillthebest. I just read every single comment you've ever with on NL - and putting that by your NL signature, I really think we agree on very many fronts.

I'll like us to talk more and get to relate more, especially on social development as it affects Nigeria. Do you use Twitter?

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by DrTee1(m): 8:08am On Apr 10, 2019
nevilbot:

Guy you get eyes. That's truly oba Adesanoye, my late king. Didn't even see him until you mentioned him

He was mine too. smiley
Re: Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola by nick50(m): 8:10am On Apr 10, 2019
He was on the verge of becoming Nigerian president until he said 'I can do without igbos' then the rest is history... Lesson :never fight the Lord's anointed(Igbo's) u will loose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Police Repel Attack At Zone 13 Regional Police Headquarters (Pics& Video / Pictures From Labour Party And CPO Conference In Abuja. Happening Now. / Infograph: FAAC Allocation Distribution To 36 States From January - March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.