Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) (32420 Views)

Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Maket: 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
Story story story ye
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by sokera: 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
WetinUGain:
My knowledge about South West might be poor but I need education....A train coming from Lagos to Ibadan,why passing through Abeokuta...why not Lagos-Berger-Mowe- Redemption camp-Ibadan...

Passing through d main city of Abeokuta,is dt not waste of money..#just asking.
I think it’s because those route you mentioned are congested, it will cost Government more money and also the train is needed to pass through Villages that the people deals with farming ... that route it pass through is the best base on the benefit for transportating farms products...

1 Like

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Toosure70: 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2019
inter state commercial bus for Lagos - ibadan go suffer for 3 months.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by awa(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2019
What do APC benefit from deceit? I am just asking before their eRats will start calling names.....

2 Likes

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Babalegba(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2019
olaric:
Amaechi and his gang knew it wasn't going to be possible, yet they lied to Nigerians just to get cheap votes.
At least they got the project going which could not be said of the other thieving lot

3 Likes

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Sconty09(m): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2019
MyGeneration:

Its not as you think though, trains don't stop like taxis. A whole lot of lands along the tracks might not be viable for investment like that any time soon. But those at the stations is where you should be targeting at. Most businesses would want there warehouses around there. Do the math

You're wrong. Businesses dont have to be at the train stations alone, though they are to be given first priority. All you need to do is to create business around the towns along the corridors and visitors will stop over to patronize you. Few minutes away from the stations with a thriving and cheap okada or taxi business. Create amusement park people will come from Lagos and Ogun state to enjoy as long there is fast and comfortable metro train to and fro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Sconty09(m): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
Sconty09:

You're wrong. Businesses dont have to be at the train stations alone, though they are to be given first priority. All you need to do is to create business around the towns along the corridors and visitors will stop over to patronize you. Few minutes away from the stations with a thriving and cheap okada or taxi business. Create amusement park people will come from Lagos and Ogun state to enjoy as long there is fast and comfortable metro train to and fro.

The train stations are timed for arrival and departure so visitors can plan themselves or stay overnight if there are services that could give them reasons to stay.

1 Like

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2019
Sconty09:

That's what am trying to say most of the towns around the corridor are normally the place the train stations are located. If a train station is not there and you buy your land there, if you intend to benefit directly from the train station it will be a waste. Visitors cannot stop over unless the train stops. Trains don't stop half way once a train starts unless it develops technical fault, it does not stop until it reaches the station.
If you create an amusement park in between Lagos and Ogun state In am undeveloped area that's far from the city and any station but a corridor for the train, even if its a town attendance won't be much from the train except people who would drive on there own to it with normal vehicles like cars.

1 Like

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
Sconty09:

The train stations are timed for arrival and departure so visitors can plan themselves or stay overnight if there are services that could give them reasons to stay.
They can stay over night yes. Where?

In a hotel close to the station.

Not at the rail corridor.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
awa:
What do APC benefit from deceit? I am just asking before their eRats will start calling names.....
You are playing in a field above your level of understanding.

If what Apc is doing here is called deceit I wish it upon my state, my LGA even my village. Let them come and do it there please grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Sconty09(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
MyGeneration:

They can stay over night yes. Where?

In a hotel close to the station.

Not at the rail corridor.

I dont have to explain that to you bruh. Of course where would you expect them to stay? When I said corridors, I'm talking about all the opportunities each corridor provides. Not just train stations, even near the stations. I wouldn't like to build a relaxation center close the train stations because of the noise and activities. But, I will not be far away, may be 5-7mins away from the noise to provide my customers enriching experience.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
Sconty09:

I dont have to explain that to you bruh. Of course where would you expect them to stay? When I said corridors, I'm talking about all the opportunities each corridor provides. Not just train stations, even near the stations. I wouldn't like to build a relaxation center close the train stations because of the noise and activities. But, I will not be far away, may be 5-7mins away from the noise to provide my customers enriching experience.
Me I would like to o. If noise is the criteria to judge citing a hotel.

Naturally the noise of the train coming into the town from a distance is enough to wake all traveler's lodged around the hotels in the area so they won't miss there train. Imagine paying 50naira to your hotel far from the station and you get info that the train has arrived, you run out just to gate to the hotel gate and can't find a bike and then have to trek. Do the math on your train ride...

1 Like

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2019
Wow.

Our bullet train.

Failed nation. Why waste money on these trains from 'recycle bin'.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Sconty09(m): 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2019
MyGeneration:

Me I would like to o. If noise is the criteria to judge citing a hotel.

Naturally the noise of the train coming into the town from a distance is enough to wake all traveler's lodged around the hotels in the area so they won't miss there train. Imagine paying 50naira to your hotel far from the station and you get info that the train has arrived, you run out just to gate to the hotel gate and can't find a bike and then have to trek. Do the math on your train ride...

That actually depends on your business model and the kind of customer segment you want to attract.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
Sconty09:

That actually depends on your business model and the kind of customer segment you want to attract.
bro u have no argument here coz that's the fact. Or are you expecting the train passengers to also travel with vehicles? Site your hotel far from the station and transportation to the station might be a hindrance
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by aremuforlife(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
I can see people already tapping from the business opportunities in the station and far environ.
And some people are already condemning the project.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by WetinUGain: 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2019
sokera:
I think it’s because those route you mentioned are congested, it will cost Government more money and also the train is needed to pass through Villages that the people deals with farming ... that route it pass through is the best base on the benefit for transportating farms products...

Thanks.

Just kind of curious.Never passed through Abeokuta while going to Ibadan,d report got me surprised... Personally,I think it is politics.If they actually want it to be straight down from Berger to Ibadan,they can...Houses, villages and homes will still be demolished and compensation made,if it passes through Abeokuta...
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2019
WetinUGain:

Thanks.

Just kind of curious.Never passed through Abeokuta while going to Ibadan,d report got me surprised... Personally,I think it is politics.If they actually want it to be straight down from Berger to Ibadan,they can...Houses, villages and homes will still be demolished and compensation made,if it passes through Abeokuta...
They are following the original master plan. Google about It and observe

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Sconty09(m): 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
MyGeneration:
nigga u have no argument here coz that's the fact. Or are you expecting the train passengers to also travel with vehicles? Site your hotel far from the station and transportation to the station might be a hindrance

I'm not your Nigga bruh and I know what I'm talking about. 5-7mins is not far away. There's going to be hotel support service like shuttle ( okada or cab) depends on your business model. The problem with Nigerians is that were not used to being served right. Learn not to use the word NIGGA for everyone you meet because not everyone wants to be tagged Nigga.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2019
Auto josh , you are not doing badly in this niche. You will soon be announced every where .

AutoJoshNG:
See also:

30 Things To Know About Recent Railway Construction In Nigeria (1999-2019)

Read about it HERE
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
Sconty09:

I'm not your Nigga bruh and I know what I'm talking about. 5-7mins is not far away. There's going to be hotel support service like shuttle ( okada or cab) depends on your business model. The problem with Nigerians is that were not used to being served right. Learn not to use the word NIGGA for everyone you meet because not everyone wants to be tagged Nigga.
If you were an investor trying to convince a venture capitalist and get funding, telling them this is your solution to the transport problem would really get you a thumbs down. Goodluck though sorry for the nigha tag. Just trying to bring the discussion down to social level.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2019
5 to 7minute's away is enough to get you robbed, make you loose something while in a hurry or even make you loose your life. undecided.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 09, 2019
WetinUGain:
My knowledge about South West might be poor but I need education....A train coming from Lagos to Ibadan,why passing through Abeokuta...why not Lagos-Berger-Mowe- Redemption camp-Ibadan...

Passing through d main city of Abeokuta,is dt not waste of money..#just asking.

I think the reason is for the train to serve more locations along the territory its supposed to serve. Also, laying train tracks is not a simple matter of drawing a straight line across the map: if for instance the train would pass through redeem camp / mowe, a lot of things would be factored in such as paying compensation, relocating power lines, pipelines, water system, fibre-optic cables (if they exist) etc, and all of these would raise the cost of delivering the project.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by gbeseun(m): 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2019
Oluwakaysblog55:
Honda Accord Baby Boy For Sale In Bodija Ibadan

The car is clean and the engine works perfectly well.
Authomatic
Ac is perfectly okay.
No fault
Price 430

Contact 08051366784

Pics and we know the condition na.
08152057911 WhatsApp
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by jude33084(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2019
YORUBA! cheesy
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by shizzydonald(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
Welcome to ShizzyXCHANGE!! We buy all kind of Gift card (iTunes, Amazon,steam,Apple store etc). fast pay always.

We will appreciate your feedback for better deals.

CONTACT US
https:///2348119287829

Facebook:https://m.me/shizzy.donald.334
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Sconty09(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2019
MyGeneration:

If you were an investor trying to convince a venture capitalist and get funding, telling them this is your solution to the transport problem would really get you a thumbs down. Goodluck though sorry for the nigha tag. Just trying to bring the discussion down to social level.

I understood your trying to get the full picture but business doenst work that way. First, identify the potentials and opportunities. Secondly,do your business research to identify your value proposition and define yourlr business model based on market research and market segment chosen. I can target holiday goers or families who just want to get away with reasonable price from the busy life of Lagos without the driving their cars. My market offerings will provide their needs and derive value from them. Do think about profitability in the first two years but after the brand becomes known and talk of the town, you will be swimming in money. Create Avenue for to take pictures, monuments of past Nigeria heroes like Okorocha in Imo. See, I can go on and on to tell you how I can make money from the business. Curently, I dont reside in Nigeria but I know there're risks like crimes but I'm assuring you that area will be fully developed in 5yrs.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by johnie: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2019
HospitalityDiva:

Because it is people that the trains are meant to transport.

Running the train route through those sparsely populated areas that you mentioned will defeat the purpose of the railway transport..

Unless it is a high speed train linking major cities
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Pentasoft1978: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2019
It will soon become malams and aboki refugee camp.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Sconty09(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
Sconty09:

I understood your trying to get the full picture but business doenst work that way. First, identify the potentials and opportunities. Secondly,do your business research to identify your value proposition and define yourlr business model based on market research and market segment chosen. I can target holiday goers or families who just want to get away with reasonable price from the busy life of Lagos without the driving their cars. My market offerings will provide their needs and derive value from them. Do think about profitability in the first two years but after the brand becomes known and talk of the town, you will be swimming in money. Create Avenue for to take pictures, monuments of past Nigeria heroes like Okorocha in Imo. See, I can go on and on to tell you how I can make money from the business. Curently, I dont reside in Nigeria but I know there're risks like crimes but I'm assuring you that area will be fully developed in 5yrs.

Nigerians are frustrated with traffic and the effects on their lives. Soon, you will see apartment springing up around there to commute from where they work in Lagos or Abeokuta to Ibadan. The frustration of Lagos/Ibadan expressway will drives people to reside their and the more people relocates there ,the more business opportunities that will reduce risks or threats to business success. Take for instance, how high cost of rent drives people to mowe and ibafo. You see the level of investment in that axis as a result of trying to avoid high cost of living and traffic.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Sconty09(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
Sconty09:

Nigerians are frustrated with traffic and the effects on their lives. Soon, you will see apartment springing up around there to commute from where they work in Lagos or Abeokuta to Ibadan. The frustration of Lagos/Ibadan expressway will drives people to reside their and the more people relocates there ,the more business opportunities that will reduce risks or threat to business success.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport / Two Ghanaians Arrested In Amsterdam For Pounding Fufu In Their Flat On 7th Floor / Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.