Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) (32418 Views)

Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Pentasoft1978: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
Photoshop projects, always good in pictures... Very soon wahala will start, Amechi who chop the rail way money....oh I gave part to tinubu as royalty...I gave part to obanikoro for PRO.....oga at the top took part for commissioning breakfast. Where is NIgerianAir
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by sokera: 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2019
WetinUGain:

Thanks.

Just kind of curious.Never passed through Abeokuta while going to Ibadan,d report got me surprised... Personally,I think it is politics.If they actually want it to be straight down from Berger to Ibadan,they can...Houses, villages and homes will still be demolished and compensation made,if it passes through Abeokuta...
well you are right and maybe because you have not really travel this route, people in those area don’t have any other occupation than farming , it will really help the cost of transporting farm products for farmers ...
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
Pentasoft1978:
Photoshop projects, always good in pictures... Very soon wahala will start, Amechi who chop the rail way money....oh I gave part to tinubu as royalty...I gave part to obanikoro for PRO.....oga at the top took part for commissioning breakfast. Where is NIgerianAir
E go do us like film for eye when the southwest gets rail lines to boost there economy and we in the east are busy shouting photo shop
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by cosse(m): 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
WetinUGain:
My knowledge about South West might be poor but I need education....A train coming from Lagos to Ibadan,why passing through Abeokuta...why not Lagos-Berger-Mowe- Redemption camp-Ibadan...

Passing through d main city of Abeokuta,is dt not waste of money..#just asking.
on the contrtary its actually cost efficient.....if dey were to go by ur theory, dey wld first link rtail tracks to abeokuta....stop....then link new ones in a entirely opposite direction to ibadan........waste of taxpayers money....
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Pentasoft1978: 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
MyGeneration:

E go do us like film for eye when the southwest gets rail lines to boost there economy and we in the east are busy shouting photo shop
Calabar-Itu road is lying in ruin , every week people are dying on that road, common road network is taking eternity, na rail network to calabar dem go complete..na so..media propaganda government
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2019
Pentasoft1978:

Calabar-Itu road is lying in ruin , every week people are dying on that road, common road network is taking eternity, na rail network to calabar dem go complete..na so..media propaganda government
And u think say na by insulting Apc and Buhari go make them fix the road sharp sharp?

Say calabar for south south no get better thing no mean say others no go get. Make we wish them luck then plan how we go use strategize get our own.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by WetinUGain: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2019
HospitalityDiva:

Because it is people that the trains are meant to transport.

Running the train route through those sparsely populated areas that you mentioned will defeat the purpose of the railway transport..

U mean Berger-Mowe-Redemption up to Guru Maraji is sparsely populated?.I don't think so...Berger to Redemption camp is thickly populated.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by WetinUGain: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2019
Bagehot:

I think the reason is for the train to serve more locations along the territory its supposed to serve. Also, laying train tracks is not a simple matter of drawing a straight line across the map: if for instance the train would pass through redeem camp / mowe, a lot of things would be factored in such as paying compensation, relocating power lines, pipelines, water system, fibre-optic cables (if they exist) etc, and all of these would raise the cost of delivering the project.

Okay...
I think they will still compensate if it passes through Abeokuta, unless Abeokuta is not as developed d way I assumed it to be....

Just like I said,passing through Abeokuta just got me surprised,I know from Berger to Sat Guru Maraji is like 45 mins(before now)...My understanding is,a train supposed to make it lesser,why merry go round...

I hope it is because of d reasons u stated and not politics and inflating d contract
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by WetinUGain: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
MyGeneration:

They are following the original master plan. Google about It and observe

Great...

Hope d trains are indeed "high speed". grin cool
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Myde4naija(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2019
Adedeji9:
angry

Come and see how this poeple are busy hyping this so called rail way during election

Nigeria issa scam ah swear angry
did you mean there is no railway at all?
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by Frezhkid10(m): 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
WetinUGain:
My knowledge about South West might be poor but I need education....A train coming from Lagos to Ibadan,why passing through Abeokuta...why not Lagos-Berger-Mowe- Redemption camp-Ibadan...

Passing through d main city of Abeokuta,is dt not waste of money..#just asking.
.. Economic reasons...the train is going to Lagos island..Aw will it continuing from Berger will lead to serious modification of Lagos roads thereby increasing cost..
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by MrMcJay(m): 12:38am On Apr 10, 2019
I have an acre of land not too far from that area.

When the time comes, I'll grade it and make it a garage for park and ride. Going to Lagos? Drive your car and park it in on my property. It's secured and we wash it.

I have a larger one one that would be used for agriculture. Buy small goats and rams, fatten them there and transport them to Lagos during celebrations.

There are tons of opportunities this rail line brings.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by RichBoy247: 6:20am On Apr 10, 2019
olaric:
Amaechi and his gang knew it wasn't going to be possible, yet they lied to Nigerians just to get cheap votes.

Show us what your evil party did for 16 years apart from looting and stealing.
Re: Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) by ppogba: 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
The FG has burnt it's fingers with this princing.

Just to balance the regional/tribal sentiment equation, they fixed the price to be at par with that of ABJ-KAD.. WHAT AN ERROR. The people who fixed it failed to take into cognizance the following:

1. The kad-ABJ route is driven by insurgency and kidnapping cases at that axis. Nothing like that on the LAG-ibd axis.

2. A simple research would have shown that IBD is the most price sensitive city in the whole of SW. It took sachet of pure water years to get to N10 while same has been selling for N10 at ADO EKITI and Akure.

3. A trip to lagos from IBD toll gate will cost you not more than N800. Same from Beger bridge will cost same.

4. The terminal in IBD are far from people's preffered point of Challenge , Molete etc in IBD. This will discourage people.

At the end of this, Naija will not be able to pay back, las las Chinco will auction the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport / Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site / Japa Confusion: Where Can One Study Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.