Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! (10941 Views)

Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? / Any Issues With Honda City 2010??? / Problem With Honda Pilot 2004 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by driving: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
Sharmeenator:
I created a thread in December 2017 seeking for advice in choosing between a Honda and a Mazda car, link here: https://www.nairaland.com/4238985/need-choosing-between-honda-baby. After all said and done, I went for the Honda Accord (baby boy) based on my budget and the advice given. My mechanic certified it OK after advising against the Mazda 626. We paid for the car, serviced it and did some body works where we discovered the underneath of the car to be badly rusted due to being parked for too long. The car turned out to be a nightmare. cry

Since I bought it, I have been a very regular customer at different mechanic workshops. I have changed nozzles (can't count), pumps like 4 times, injectors, power steering pump, steering rack, rusted fuel lines (took us months to fully solve this issue), shafts, ball joints, thyroids, back and front lower arms (welded) and many other minor things which can consume a lot when you calculate how many times you have to change them. There's no month I use the car I don't visit the repair shop. If I should mention everything I have faced in the space of 1 year, 4 months, this post will be too long. My car has broken down on the road; in the middle of the road several times during the day, late at night, sometimes causing traffic (can be so embarrassing eh!). I have spent so much on the car; even my wife is jealous. My experience has been awful that I'm so scared taking the car out especially with my family in it.

Despite all these, I don't regret buying it, as I have learnt so many from these experiences being a first car. To prevent a repeat, I'm here seeking expert help and advise to guide me in buying another car (the Honda is up for sale). I have seen many cars online within the range of 400k to 600k (my small budget wink). I'm lost for choice. Mechanics advised I go for Toyota like it's the only brand in the world. I really don't like the Toyotas my budget can afford to buy. I have some cool models and brands in mind but I don't know which to go for and which not to go for. Kindly offer advice considering fuel economy, ease of maintenance, availability of and inexpensive spare parts, availability of mechanics (both pros and kazeems), ruggedity, common faults and solutions and proness to faults.

Cars in consideration includes but not limited to the following:

Nissan Maxima
Nissan Altima
Nissan Sunny
Nissan Primera
Nissan Almera
Nissan Sentra

Volkswagen Jetta
Volkswagen Bora

Ford focus
Ford Taurus
Ford Escape

Chevrolet Aveo

Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Elantra

Skoda (I'm nor sure about this brand)

Audi A4 and A6

Honda civic (is it true it's leg doesn't pull like other Honda brands?).

All within 2000 to 2006/2007

I will appreciate your kind help.

CC:
Gazzuzz
Captainking
Automotive1
diportivo
Ikenna351
Larrixauto2017
Autojosh
Nurey
Mynd44

Update:

Thank you all for your advice so far. I really appreciate all your efforts. I really wish I can increase my budget, but man got other important things to do with money. Here is my updated bucket list:

Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Elantra
Kia Rio

I learnt that Hyundai and Kia spare parts are too expensive and not common to get compared to Toyota, Honda and Nissan and the bodies are too fragile and fail easily. Pls confirm!

Honda civic - I like civic but I'm worried about the Honda leg issues. Can someone confirm to me if Civics legs are without issues.

W202 C class - I'm really worried about the cost of maintenance and parts cost

Please help add to this list.

Buy a BMW e36 if you want your peace.
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by ejodachi: 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
nosiebaba:
The best advice I can give you is to go for a direct tokumbo brand save yourself the stress. Most Nigerians only sell their cars when it has started giving them barrage of faults.

Not always the case

I am putting my car 4 sale but no issue

Some people just want upgrade

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by nosiebaba(m): 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
ejodachi:

Not always the case

I am putting my car 4 sale but no issue

Some people just want upgrade
You are part of the very few minority then. But most people will use the car till they can't use it any more

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buy Innoson Vehicles. 100% Made In Nigeria / Stickers On Car, How Many Is Too Much / Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Can Now Park Itself Without A Driver Behind The Wheel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.