Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing (10818 Views)

Court Jails Fake EFCC Staff, Two Others In Kaduna / Two Illegal Gold Dealers Forfeit N39m, Property To FG (PICS) / Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by NaijaCelebrity: 9:16am On Apr 10, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal office, on April 9, 2019, arraigned eight suspected members of a syndicate of illegal gold dealers before Justice A.O. Faji of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos on a three-count charge bordering on dealing in gold mine without lawful authorisation, conspiracy and being in possession of raw gold without lawful authorization.

The suspects are: Babagana Zannah, who claimed to be the owner of the raw gold bars; Ahmed Hamza Mannir; Manasseh Auta; Dahiru Habib Bali; Isa Umaru Ammani; Ajakaye Oladipo; Bamanja Jonah Samuel and Lasisi Aisha.

The second suspect, Mannir, who was arrested onboard an Emirates flight to Dubai on March 1, 2019 at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, was allegedly helped by the third to eight defendants, who are employees of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, FAAN.

The suspected FAAN staff allegedly carried the raw gold bars through various doors, while carefully avoiding going through the scanners provided at the airport and handed them to the second defendant at the point of boarding.

One of the counts reads: “That you, Babagana Zannah, Ahmed Hamza Mannir, Manasseh Auta, Dahiru Habib Bali, Isa Umaru Ammani , Ajakaye Oladipo, Bamanja Jonah Samuel and Lasisi Aisha, on or about 1st March, 2019 in Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, conspired amongst yourselves to defraud the Federal Government of Nigeria of the revenue accruing from the export of gold mineral and without the permission of the appropriate authority and committed an offence contrary to Section 1(cool(a) of the Miscellaneous Offence Act punishable under the same Act.”

The defendants pleaded "not guilty" to the charge preferred against them.

In view of their pleas, the prosecuting counsel, Ayanfe Ogunsina, asked the court for a trial date and prayed that the defendants be remanded in prison.

Source: http://www.ngg.ng/2019/04/10/efcc-arraigns-six-faan-staff-two-others-for-illegal-gold-dealing/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by GavelSlam: 9:18am On Apr 10, 2019
Zamfara blood gold.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by GOFRONT(m): 9:23am On Apr 10, 2019
cheesy

Nigerians and illegality!!!!

Well, this is Nigeria!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by majamajic(m): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2019
NCAN,

how far

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by delugajackson: 9:36am On Apr 10, 2019
Is it just me, or do these guys really look like Boko Haram terrorists?

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Blackchampion(m): 9:46am On Apr 10, 2019
They'll soon be set free

15 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by pennywys(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2019
so someone can't just hustle again in this nation?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by lilfreezy: 9:47am On Apr 10, 2019
I'm a little pissedsad

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Amuocha: 9:48am On Apr 10, 2019
What about those that illegally collect tolls in Lagos angry

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Heyzee5: 9:48am On Apr 10, 2019
Everybody trying to take their portion by force!!! undecided
Check my signature to make legit income online.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by iaamxavier(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2019
Afonja!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by 15ssDRIVE(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2019
Government see weed in your house,it’s yours. They see Gold in your house,it’s for the government.

Smuggle Gold = trouble,but better than smuggling Drugs.

Wetin poor man go do,wey den no go talk.

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by CirocBoi(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2019
Smh..........
Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by tstx(m): 9:50am On Apr 10, 2019
Unpatriotic Nigerians

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by tstx(m): 9:50am On Apr 10, 2019
cheesy
Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Maxcollins042(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2019
When will they arraign Rotimi Amechi?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by abbaapple: 9:51am On Apr 10, 2019
angry

I know this Zanna! The guy don enter 1 chance be dat! Taaaaaa lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Dammysmart: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2019

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by lomprico(m): 9:53am On Apr 10, 2019
Gold is for the northerners only but oil is for everyone.

South Africa is what it is today because of their gold, we have gold in commercial quantity but that is for the hausa/fulani big men alone.

Error of a country undecided

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by kaen1317: 9:54am On Apr 10, 2019
We need u guys to give us the big fish, not these fingerlings, if u are serious in fighting corruption
Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 10, 2019
Northerners and gold trade.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Softcash(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2019
The second suspect, Mannir, who was arrested onboard an Emirates flight to Dubai on March 1, 2019 at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, was allegedly helped by the third to eight defendants, who are employees of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, FAAN.

The suspected FAAN staff allegedly carried the raw gold bars through various doors, while carefully avoiding going through the scanners provided at the airport and handed them to the second defendant at the point of boarding.

After the plan don do, Dubai straight.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by kaen1317: 9:57am On Apr 10, 2019
When a hardworking youth sweats and mine gold that the government is too lazy to mine, finds a way to get it sold outside the country and brings the money back to Nigeria for investment you say he has committed crime. Which crime please?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Pentasoft1978: 10:02am On Apr 10, 2019
A country where the poor will remain poorer and the rich richer. EFCC , I want to ask you guys some questions,

1. how can a young man who has access to gold dust in his farm land sell the product.

Expected answers:
1. Go and register a limited liability company with CAC.....cost N150,000 ( the poor man does not have)
2. Fill tax clearance and get the certificate from FIRS.......cost N600,000 ( the poor man does not have)
3. Get mining license from from fed. Ministry of mines and solid mineral ....back door bribe N1,000,000 ( the poor man does not have)

Frustrated with all these embargo, joblessness and hardship, will make airport authorities to aid their suffering by providing easy access to buyer overseas.

We need ministry of small scale industries in this country otherwise it's only this top government official who have access to funds that will do business in this country. Nigerians are good people, who don't want to get into trouble, but the system will always prepare trouble for them.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 10, 2019
See better crime.

Not shop lifting or pick pocketing.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by Englishgold: 10:07am On Apr 10, 2019
When will this humiliation stop in this country

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing by AgroSeeds: 10:08am On Apr 10, 2019
Why is Nigeria always in the news for corruption? Why are always so desperate? Nawa.

Meanwhile;

I have some hacked Nintendo DS for sale. Its already unlocked and has over 50 games inside like FIFA, Grand Theft Auto, WWE Wrestling, Call of duty, Brothers in Arms, FIFA Street, Need For speed, Batman Origins, Super Mario, Spiderman 1 and 2 etc.

No Need to buy cartridges again!!!

You can buy it to play by yourself or gift a loved Son, Daughter, brother, Cousin or Nephew.

Price is 13k.

Contact or Chat me up on 08135880923 or 09090907136.

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olamide Robbed At Gunpoint / School Mass Abduction: Kaduna Hires Private Negotiator To Free 287 Pupils / UniversityOfNigeria.com (NOT University of Nigeria, Nsukka)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.