Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings (9547 Views)

Two Illegal Gold Dealers Forfeit N39m, Property To FG (PICS) / EFCC Arraigns Six FAAN Staff, Two Others For Illegal Gold Dealing / Adetokunbo Ajibola Jailed In UK For Drug Dealings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2019
Newsbroadcastnaija:

EFCC, Lagos Zonal office, on April 9, 2019, arraigned eight suspected members of a syndicate of illegal gold dealers before Justice A.O. Faji of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos.
They were arraigned on a three-count charge bordering on dealing in gold mine without lawful authorization, conspiracy and being in possession of raw gold without lawful authorization. .
The suspects are: Babagana Zannah, who claimed to be the owner of the raw gold bars; Ahmed Hamza Mannir; Manasseh Auta; Dahiru Habib Bali; Isa Umaru Ammani; Ajakaye Oladipo; Bamanja Jonah Samuel and Lasisi Aisha.
The second suspect, Mannir, who was arrested onboard an Emirates flight to Dubai on March 1, 2019 at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, was allegedly helped by the third to eight defendants, who are employees of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, FAAN.
The suspected FAAN staff allegedly carried the raw gold bars through various doors, while carefully avoiding going through the scanners provided at the airport and handed them to the second defendant at the point of boarding.
The defendants pleaded "not guilty" to the charge preferred against them. Justice Faji adjourned the case to April 16, 2019 for ruling on the bail applications and ordered the defendants to be remanded in prison custody.

See more: http://www.newsbroadcast.com.ng/2019/04/airport-staff-arraigned-over-illegal.html

Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2019
Wow cool
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by guuudy87(m): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2019
See dia faces � �
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by jantofubu(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2019
Doubled hustle gone wrong cheesy
That sixth guy's face tho'cheesy
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by silverbirdng(f): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2019
U
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Factgist: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2019
jwow
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by kmani: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2019
alright
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2019
Hello

Need a freelancer Web developer?
A WordPress freaky!
Give taste to your company site

View my profile
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by BlackfireX: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2019
Afonja. And abo..ki doing collabo.

2 Likes

Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by re5f4q: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2019
dsds

Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Alejoas(m): 11:53am On Apr 13, 2019
angry

shocked
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by SaintM90(m): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2019
So we have such deposit of gold in this country and these terrorists have been mining and keeping the proceeds to themselves without bringing a dime to the federation account!! Buhari is a goat � angry

6 Likes

Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by lapazi(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2019
Blood Gold
The reason for all the innocent killings in Zamfara!
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Auntygrace: 11:55am On Apr 13, 2019
Zanfara gold

Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by SoNature(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2019
Crime and Nigeria are two inseparable entities
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by eliok(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
OK. Thanks BUt Wait

I write quality articles @ 1naira per word
Email. Metaboltjobs@gmail.com
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by agbonkamen(f): 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2019
SaintM90:
So we have such deposit of gold in this country and these terrorists have been mining and keeping the proceeds to themselves without bringing a dime to the federation account!! Buhari is a goat � angry
that's someone's father you are calling a goat even if I don't like buhari but that does not mean insulting a father...... Becareful

1 Like

Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by lilfreezy: 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2019
They will tell you gold in the North is for the Northerners while Niger delta oil is for everyone grin

6 Likes

Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Topmaike007(m): 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2019
Okay
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Chinashopping84: 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2019
ok
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by RZArecta2(m): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
Their gold, our oil... let that sink in
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by RZArecta2(m): 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2019
agbonkamen:
that's someone's father you are calling a goat even if I don't like buhari but that does not mean insulting a father...... Becareful
i like Buhari even though he’s a goat

2 Likes

Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Mayor08: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
Good evening, please I'm in need..I'm going through issues beyond me...i am presently going through some life threatening issues(emergency), i haven't been paid at work and wont be paid till early next month but the isssue on ground is so urgent...I hereby plead to people to kindly help with what they can...I haven't gotten something tangible to eat for some days..I really need help from well meaning people... I am hard working also..you can quote me or send me a dm to verify or clarify my claims.

And if there is anyone that is willing to borrow, I am willing to go any length to assure you I will pay back..I will show you my means of I.d, I can video chat, you will have my pic and if I fail to pay you back, you can call me out on social media( no one wants that)...please..its life and death
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Patrioticman007(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
RZArecta2:
Yes ooo. PMB is the Greatest Of All Times. The true goat
Not a pig like Atiku,N.KANU,FFK etc.
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by agbonkamen(f): 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
RZArecta2:
enemy of progress grin grin
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by ashjay001(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
MhannyEra:
Newsbroadcastnaija:

EFCC, Lagos Zonal office, on April 9, 2019, arraigned eight suspected members of a syndicate of illegal gold dealers before Justice A.O. Faji of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos.
They were arraigned on a three-count charge bordering on dealing in gold mine without lawful authorization, conspiracy and being in possession of raw gold without lawful authorization. .
The suspects are: Babagana Zannah, who claimed to be the owner of the raw gold bars; Ahmed Hamza Mannir; Manasseh Auta; Dahiru Habib Bali; Isa Umaru Ammani; Ajakaye Oladipo; Bamanja Jonah Samuel and Lasisi Aisha.
The second suspect, Mannir, who was arrested onboard an Emirates flight to Dubai on March 1, 2019 at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, was allegedly helped by the third to eight defendants, who are employees of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, FAAN.
The suspected FAAN staff allegedly carried the raw gold bars through various doors, while carefully avoiding going through the scanners provided at the airport and handed them to the second defendant at the point of boarding.
The defendants pleaded "not guilty" to the charge preferred against them. Justice Faji adjourned the case to April 16, 2019 for ruling on the bail applications and ordered the defendants to be remanded in prison custody.

See more: http://www.newsbroadcast.com.ng/2019/04/airport-staff-arraigned-over-illegal.html

This is fantastic news! Normally, such arrests will just die a natural death. I remember reading abt d arrest n thinking d arrest was d last thing we will read abt it.

Consequence, to every action
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by RZArecta2(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
Patrioticman007:
Yes ooo. PMB is the Greatest Of All Times. The true goat
Not a pig like Atiku,N.KANU,FFK etc.
your cup of garri
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by Gift84(f): 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
WAZOBIA
Re: Airport Staff Arraigned Over Illegal Gold Dealings by LZAA: 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
MhannyEra:
Newsbroadcastnaija:

Fulani master and slave combo grin grin
Olawalesmarter and deomelo wee avoid this thread
Cc immhotep sarrki Adaibeku

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Nabbed For Stealing IBEDC Transformer Parts / FAAN Suspends Officer Who Stole From A Pilgrim At Yola Airport / Bandits Kidnap 13 Passengers In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.