Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,852 members, 7,956,192 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari (3146 Views)

My Story Wih Fulani Herdsmen By Okafor Stan (Pictures) / 'I Left PDP Because Of Injustice’ –Umahi Finally Confirms Defection To APC / I Left PDP Because I Was Expelled - Akpabio Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that one of the reasons Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom left the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) was because he could not stomach what he (Buhari) explained to him on the farmers/herders clashes in his state.

Buhari said that he explained to Ortom that the cattle rearers and settlers problem in Nigeria was older than himself (Buhari) not to talk of him (Ortom).
Buhari said “But those of you who are neighbours to cattle rearers, Nigerians cattle rearers use to carry only sticks and their machetes to cut foliage for the cattles. But these are cattle rearers with weapons like AK47.
“But the problem is that you can hardly identify the difference between cattle rearers from Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria Chad, Cameroon and other cattle herders. They look the same but I was accused of not doing anything about those operating locally but I took the governor on this and this is one of the reasons he left our party for another party.
“Because I told him the cattle rearers and settlers problem in Nigeria is older than myself not to talk of him and at first republic, there were cattle routes, they put infrastructures and even veterinary.

“But the so-called politicians because they are so much in a hurry to make money they acquire some of these lands and turned them into their private farms.

“So, if you are a cattle rearer or you know about cattle like myself, the herders now pass through anybody land to find water for their cattles to drink. I told Audu Ogbeh, the minister of agriculture to look at the Gazette of the first republic to get the cattle routes and get the grazing routes and re-establish them so that we can reduce this incidence. Some of you here know the efforts we are making.” he added

http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/ortom-defected-to-pdp-because-i-told-him-the-truth-about-herdsmen-by-buhari
Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by 2metrelaurie(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
bubu never makes any sense

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Baawaa(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
n
Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by SarkinYarki: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
Just Imagine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by DjCandyMusic(m): 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
Yeye talk

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by IbyOneGod: 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
How can a well meaning nigerian associate himself with a terrorist?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Harrymig1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
May God deliver us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by mabea: 5:50pm On Apr 10, 2019
In other words you admitted that it is not politically motivated but since they are fulanis you decided to do nothing as long as benue people refused to surrender their lands as grazing routes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Abfinest007(m): 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
buhari brain is older than him too
Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by princechurchill(m): 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
So as cattle rearers they have license to carry AK47 in Nigeria ?

I spit on ur name

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Racoon(m): 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
What a stupid reckless statement from a president. Guess It's the same Buhari's Gaddaffi-trained marauding & killer herdsmen brothers that Nigerian security forces can't arrest or prosecute? angry

3 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by BuhariAdvocate: 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ortom is a killer.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by BuhariAdvocate: 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
shocked its really hard for me to pick sense in your submission.
Racoon:
What a stupid reckless statement from a president. Guess It's the same Buhari's Gaddaffi-trained marauding & killer herdsmen brothers that Nigerian security forces can't arrest or prosecute? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Turantula(m): 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
My fellow country men hope you have heard, any problem older than you don't try to solve it. Said our chief terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Pusyiter(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2019
When a Leader lacks wit, witchcraft is next

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by orisa37: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
2metrelaurie:

Nigeria is burning Tinubu is drinking Gulder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by orisa37: 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Baawaa:
n

Ortom is a Nigerian and a Patriot of the Rank of Awo, J.S. Tarka and Wike.
Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by City001: 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
All Nigeria's leaders are intellectually bankrupt, but buhari's Case irredeemable, nothing is presidential about this Grandpa.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by orisa37: 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Just Imagine

Some are thrust into Government without really knowing the authorities and responsibilities of Governance. Ortom is real, astute and responsible. He could not sell the Tiv's Culture to the Fulanis' corruption and bribery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by DrTee1(m): 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
Buckubuck:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that one of the reasons Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom left the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) was because he could not stomach what he (Buhari) explained to him on the farmers/herders clashes in his state.

Buhari said that he explained to Ortom that the cattle rearers and settlers problem in Nigeria was older than himself (Buhari) not to talk of him (Ortom).
Buhari said “But those of you who are neighbours to cattle rearers, Nigerians cattle rearers use to carry only sticks and their machetes to cut foliage for the cattles. But these are cattle rearers with weapons like AK47.
“But the problem is that you can hardly identify the difference between cattle rearers from Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria Chad, Cameroon and other cattle herders. They look the same but I was accused of not doing anything about those operating locally but I took the governor on this and this is one of the reasons he left our party for another party.
“Because I told him the cattle rearers and settlers problem in Nigeria is older than myself not to talk of him and at first republic, there were cattle routes, they put infrastructures and even veterinary.

“But the so-called politicians because they are so much in a hurry to make money they acquire some of these lands and turned them into their private farms.

“So, if you are a cattle rearer or you know about cattle like myself, the herders now pass through anybody land to find water for their cattles to drink. I told Audu Ogbeh, the minister of agriculture to look at the Gazette of the first republic to get the cattle routes and get the grazing routes and re-establish them so that we can reduce this incidence. Some of you here know the efforts we are making.” he added

http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/ortom-defected-to-pdp-because-i-told-him-the-truth-about-herdsmen-by-buhari

On this, I completely DISAGREE with Bubu (Buhari)

This is analogue mentality. Rather than look for first republic cattle nonsense routes, for cattle to harass people on their own lands, why not provide mordern alternatives to cattle rearing than normadic activity?

He himself has at least 150 cattle. Do they move around plundering other people's farmlands? All land belongs to State Governors. How can the President accuse a governor of 'desire to be rich' for people establishing farms in their communities?

If it was road, school or hospitals, would the President blame the government for establishing same along 'first republic' cattle routes 'with veterinary?

How many veterinary doctors per capita of cattle did we have IN THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA in the first republic? Even today, how many? How does Bubu say these things? I empathise with Prof Yemi. He evidently takes a lot of things he ordinarily night not have taken. That's apparently the height of loyalty.

This is low, very low, and suggests indeed that when the President speaks spontaneously about things that are his original or indigenous ideas, he sometimes comes about as shockingly low.

When the greatest countries in the world today do cattle ranching and the cattle don't move around at all? Our own president is talking 1965 - and before he was born Should we all in Nigeria go back to caves as or was before anyone was born? How does the President justify anything with this comments?

On this, I am with Governor Ortom and the PDP voting majority of Benue State. Now, I understand why that kept APC out of the government house there. How can the President of the country say this? Did he personally visit Benue to spread with the people in that period, like he is doing currently in UAE? A President should be proactive and be mordern. He should resonate with the reality of the immediate period and feel the pulse of the people.

If voting was done online in Nigeria, like Estonia which is almost entirely digitalised, people like Bubu wouldn't win a second term. Not at all.

I think Bubu was possibly the best Presidential candidate option from the last election, but this isn't good.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Arda1000(m): 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2019
Jesus! And all those fulani migrants including u having being terrorizing this country... Nigeria is a definition of 419

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Racoon(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
shocked its really hard for me to pick sense in your submission.

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday publicly blamed former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi who was killed seven years ago for the ongoing killings across central Nigeria.

The killings have long been linked to herdsmen, and some herders of the Fulani ethnic stock have claimed responsibility for some attacks.

But the president said Mr Gaddafi, a dictator swept away by an uprising in 2011, was to blame for the alarming dimension the attacks have taken in recent years.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/264764-buhari-blames-gaddafi-for-killings-across-nigeria.html?amp_markup=1

Do you read me now BuhariAdvocate?
Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by nwanwaoge(m): 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
2metrelaurie:
....it’s a sublimal message...He is going ahead with re-establishing cattle route as against grazing reserves we all yearn for...May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by desmond2pk: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
Some of the people that voted for this man, i have helped them in their lives.
I honestly regret helping this evil people.
Abybody that voted and supported buhari doesn't deserve anything good

1 Like

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by buhariguy(m): 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
DrTee1:

On this, I completely DISAGREE with Bubu (Buhari)

This is analogue mentality. Rather than look for first republic cattle nonsense routes, for cattle to harass people on their own lands, why not provide mordern alternatives to cattle rearing than normadic activity?

He himself has at least 150 cattle. Do they move around plundering other people's farmlands? All land belongs to State Governors. How can the President accuse a governor of 'desire to be rich' for people establishing farms in their communities?

If it was road, school or hospitals, would the President blame the government for establishing same along 'first republic' cattle routes 'with veterinary?

How many veterinary doctors per capita of cattle did we have IN THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA in the first republic? Even today, how many? How does Bubu say these things? I empathise with Prof Yemi. He evidently takes a lot of things he ordinarily night not have taken. That's apparently the height of loyalty.

This is low, very low, and suggests indeed that when the President speaks spontaneously about things that are his original or indigenous ideas, he sometimes comes about as shockingly low.

When the greatest countries in the world today do cattle ranching and the cattle don't move around at all? Our own president is talking 1965 - and before he was born Should we all in Nigeria go back to caves as or was before anyone was born? How does the President justify anything with this comments?

On this, I am with Governor Ortom and the PDP voting majority of Benue State. Now, I understand why that kept APC out of the government house there. How can the President of the country say this? Did he personally visit Benue to spread with the people in that period, like he is doing currently in UAE? A President should be proactive and be mordern. He should resonate with the reality of the immediate period and feel the pulse of the people.

If voting was done online in Nigeria, like Estonia which is almost entirely digitalised, people like Bubu wouldn't win a second term. Not at all.

I think Bubu was possibly the best Presidential candidate option from the last election, but this isn't good.
and if pdp convert federal roads to their personal property, it will be OK to idiotic pigs because we are in modern life.

i don't have much to say because idiotic pigs are happy over this continue crisis,

if the govt provide solution the idiotic pigs Will still kick against it just because of their hatred,
as if the past government provide solution to the crisis.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by buhariguy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
desmond2pk:
Some of the people that voted for this man, i have helped them in their lives.
I honestly regret helping this evil people.
Abybody that voted and supported buhari doesn't deserve anything good
and the idiotic pigs that voted for pdp, what was their plans towards this continuous crisis.
pdp fold their hands for the past 16yrs and allowed the killings to persist.
i just pity idiotic pigs.
Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by BuhariAdvocate: 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by BUHARItesticles: 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
buhariguy:
and if pdp convert federal roads to their personal property, it will be OK to idiotic pigs because we are in modern life.

i don't have much to say because idiotic pigs are happy over this continue crisis,

if the govt provide solution the idiotic pigs Will still kick against it just because of their hatred,
as if the past government provide solution to the crisis.
You're so intelligent. I have realised the class of personalities that supported and voted for Buhari. I also understand you have interest in pig business. I pray the economic agenda of Buhari favour your vision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Amuocha: 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Failed APC president
Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by nwanyionitsha: 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Ortom is a killer.
You sabi read?
Education is deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2019
Can anyone make sense out of the nonsense this old fool said?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Was Never Cloned But Was Replaced By A Doppelganger..fact Check Lies! / Ogun Seeks Private Investors On Health, Transport, Others / Death Of COAS: ‘A Lot Of Changes Are Coming In Our Country Very Soon’, Says FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.