Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow (1870 Views)

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process / The Construction Of The Abeokuta City Centre Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hi guys

For the next few months I will be taking u guys through details process of construction of the above named project

My details

Name: moses

Qualifications: ND building technology Auchi poly, BTech building FutmMinna, MSc Construction management ABU, Zaria

Project Location: Kaduna

Contract duration: 90days

This thread is open to constructive criticism. Am geographically mobile and ready to avail my services and expertise to those who may need it. Am competent in the following areas

***General building and civil engineering Construction.
(residential, commercial, industrial)
***drainage and culvert and mini damn constructions
***road maintenance, reconstruction and new
constructions
***surveying, valuation of work and prep of estimates
*** design and general consultancy

Pls avoid quoting whole write ups while asking questions or commenting. Once more. Make ur criticism constructive and professionally

Leggo guys

Whatsapp +234-813-110-9592

U can also follow my other project through this link

https://www.nairaland.com/5232258/construction-modern-mami-market#79120446
Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by fendorf(m): 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2019
Contact us for your Granite supply(directly from the quarry)
Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 3:59am On Apr 12, 2019
UPDATE

OK guys. Bellow is the screenshot of the floor plan and Section of the proposed building

Site clearing, leveling and removal of top soil also completed and picture attached.

The site plan is not fitting in to the available land. Design was done without site visit. Setting out will be done as soon as we reconcile that with the project consultant

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
UPDATE

After all back and front trying the best way the building can fit in perfectly, we finally got workable site plan attached and setting out commenced immediately

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2019
UPDATE

We started digging yesterday for the 8 plots and hoping to round up tomorrow God willing

We are using manual diggers to reduce cost of digging, give back to the locals whom we are engaging as well as reduce cost of concrete work as manual digging dig to precision

Picture attached

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2019
UPDATE

We started the work proper with concrete footing, concrete in foundation using 1:2:4 mix. Although we used abridge site mix solid enough for the work.

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
UPDATE

We rounded up the casting of the foundation concrete today. We also begin setting out of the block work in foundation. Am using two masons for the forming and to Jack it up tomorrow God willing

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 4:14am On May 21, 2019
UPDATE

OK guys is long I made an update. Schedules has been really tight and lazy to update.

Blockwork for foundation completed. We proceeded to hollow cast the blockholes with weak concrete mix of 1:8:8. Am actually using half inches granites. These affords me good workability as well as increase my concrete volumes thereby using less cement bags.

Laterite filling also proceeded simultaneously. Then wetting before compaction. Pics attached

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 4:20am On May 21, 2019
UPDATE

Next we proceeded with dpc construction. I often use felt for my blockline and nylon everywhere. I often use non recycled nylon more expensive and hardly tear. I always spread sharp sand on it to hold it in position and make sure the stones are nearly arranged without damaging the felt or nylon.

Pics attached

1 Like

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 4:22am On May 21, 2019
Update

We proceeded with casting of the oversite concrete on a site abridged mix of 1:4:4. We are casting 4 first and then the remainder latter dates after raising the blocks

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by RedMapleConsult(m): 4:28am On May 21, 2019
mozel247:
UPDATE

Next we proceeded with dpc construction. I often use felt for my blockline and nylon everywhere. I often use non recycled nylon more expensive and hardly tear. I always spread sharp sand on it to hold it in position and make sure the stones are nearly arranged without damaging the felt or nylon.

Pics attached
Good job, doing the proper thing by introducing a dpm

1 Like

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 1:46pm On May 22, 2019
Update

The four unit we casted the oversite concrete are almost at the lintel level completely. Don't let the pictures confuse u. This is not a duplex but a but just two bedroom flat bongalow. I love reinforcing my work well. Cutting corners is not always my thing. This is the area I do have issues with some of my clients. For me, professional excellence first before anything. Pictures attached

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 6:40am On May 26, 2019
Update

Four of the structures are at roof lintel level while the oversite concrete for the remaining 4 is on course once we get delivery of the next ruck of cement.

Electrical first fix commenced, woodwork for lintel and the casting of first lintel commenced. AC pipping also.

Digging of soakaway also. Pictures attached

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by RedMapleConsult(m): 8:22am On May 26, 2019
Good one

1 Like

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 10:15pm On May 30, 2019
Update.

Final block and concrete work on block one on course. Everything moving fine and we are on week 6 work actually commenced.

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 2:48am On Jun 08, 2019
The third structure is at roofing beam level while the remaining 5 at lintel level. We will be taking a short break while we expect next trench of fund.

While the wait lingers, am please to announce the starting of another project. Mami market to be handled by urs sincerely. Wish me well guys.

Link to thread will be posted shortly

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 4:38am On Jul 03, 2019
Update

Blockworks completed 100% . The ministry is moving to permanent site God willing.

We will proceed with the plaster immediately as we won't b for roofing cuz of time constraints. We will be checking weather report daily to schedule our work

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 4:41am On Jul 03, 2019
Updates

Coping work commences

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
Roof beam and coping was done successfully

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
Plastering and roofing was done in earnest and complete

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by mozel247: 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
Plastering work picture

Re: A-Z Of The Construction Of 8 Units Of Standard 2 Bedroom Bungalow by djbazz(m): 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
mozel247:
UPDATE

Pics attached

Pls what does the nylon do in the building... I have been seen such but I don't know why it's been used...

(1) (Reply)

A Room And Parlour At Eagle Square, Asaba / BOLA ONABADEJO & CO (SALES BULETTIN) / 3 Bedroom Duplex In Oke-ira, Ogba, Ikeja (2 Let).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.