Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Is POS Business Profitable? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is POS Business Profitable? (67789 Views)

Is POS Business Worth It? My Opinion / How Profitable Is POS Business . / Is Data Reselling Business Profitable? Answered In Detailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Curdlebug(m): 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
leonard002:
I suggest you find out from people already doing the POS business
OK.. Thank you
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by doctuw(m): 9:02am On Mar 23, 2021
lovecares34:
can u tell me more on opay charges and commission
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by atop1(m): 8:01am On May 29, 2021
Here is an interesting article i have found.

How to start POS business in Nigeria (Get POS fast) it also have a FREE online you can take
https://posbusiness.com.ng/how-to-start-pos-business-in-nigeria-get-pos-fast/
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by atop1(m): 5:26am On May 31, 2021
Moniepoint POS is one of the best POS out there and though getting it might be difficult.
I have written an article to help you with your application so you can get it fast
it's a long article but it answers all the questions you might have about moniepoint
Read it here https://posbusiness.com.ng/2021/05/30/moniepoint-pos/
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by atop1(m): 3:13am On Jun 04, 2021
To help you on your journey to getting your Opay POS fast and simple, I have written an entire article plus video to explain all the information you need to get the Opay pos by yourself without having to contact anyone.
check the article and video step by step here https://posbusiness.com.ng/2021/05/30/opay-pos-get-it-fast-and-other-details/
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Champppappi: 7:41am On Sep 06, 2021
shedgoz:
Yes it is. I've been in the business for over 5 years
pls can I have your contact, I need more info, I want to strart
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by BankNaija: 11:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
HERE'S HOW TO APPLY FOR MONIEPOINT POS AND GET IT IN 24-48 HOURS WITHOUT PAYING ANYBODY A DIME, JUST YOUR 20K REGISTRATION FEE. READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2021
shedgoz:
Yes it is. I've been in the business for over 5 years

Please, do you use paycentre?

I noticed they charge convenient fee from the customer's account, and customers are complaining. How does one go about that?

Thanks
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by oazeez1991(m): 8:07am On Oct 17, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, do you use paycentre?

I noticed they charge convenient fee from the customer's account, and customers are complaining. How does one go about that?

Thanks

I use PayCentre, nd been using it 4 over a year now, but my customers never av such complaint, so I disagree with this. What I just notice is dem DEBITING customer below wat dey (customer) actually withdraw, like customer withdrawing 10k, nd dem (PayCentre) debiting, 9k+ which is wat dey remitted 2 ur WALLET as Agent afta removin dia own transaction charge, as against actual 10k, dis sm customer do draw my attention 2 which I normally assure dem it's no cause 4 alarm, as far as d sum dey debitted dem doesn't exceed d actual amount dey withdraw. Sm even do it out of concern dat maybe I made mistake while inputting dia withdrawal amount nd I sure dem it's no problem while I pay dem dia actual withdraw after charges deduction. Though, dia was times dat dey do debit customer twice (i.e. firstly deducting 9k+ for a withdrawal of 10k nd den also deducting anoda (dia transaction charge fee) 2 complete d 10k in total, dat I noticed dey've put 2 check). This is just my own personal observation nd experience.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
oazeez1991:

I use PayCentre, nd been using it 4 over a year now, but my customers never av such complaint, so I disagree with this. What I just notice is dem DEBITING customer below wat dey (customer) actually withdraw, like customer withdrawing 10k, nd dem (PayCentre) debiting, 9k+ which is wat dey remitted 2 ur WALLET as Agent afta removin dia own transaction charge, as against actual 10k, dis sm customer do draw my attention 2 which I normally assure dem it's no cause 4 alarm, as far as d sum dey debitted dem doesn't exceed d actual amount dey withdraw. Sm even do it out of concern dat maybe I made mistake while inputting dia withdrawal amount nd I sure dem it's no problem while I pay dem dia actual withdraw after charges deduction. Though, dia was times dat dey do debit customer twice (i.e. firstly deducting 9k+ for a withdrawal of 10k nd den also deducting anoda (dia transaction charge fee) 2 complete d 10k in total, dat I noticed dey've put 2 check). This is just my own personal observation nd experience.

Thanks for the explanation... Seems it's the same thing here. I've told the worker there it's no cause for alarm, and he has confirmed it's just as you stated.

Thanks again
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by oazeez1991(m): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks for the explanation... Seems it's the same thing here. I've told the worker there it's no cause for alarm, and he has confirmed it's just as you stated.

Thanks again

Okay Sir
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by dayssolalee(m): 8:53am On Dec 21, 2021
Make money via Shoplife. Click on Sign up and Comment to Win Shoplife Credits in your Wallet as you engage on Smen Music Shoplife. Click to Sign up, Learn and Earn

https://www.shoplifecommerce.com/my-account/
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Akinadeakintayo(m): 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
Recent job now In Nigeria is Pos because it’s very lucrative but I see how hard people find it difficult to get their pos device within few hours.
Does your Pos business need expansion or you want to start Pos biz and you don’t know how to get Pos device needed for your job.

Call or whatsapp 07061522602
Price N40000
Android pos device with good network and good rates.

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Mizbilkiz(f): 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2022
POS business is currently one of the quickest and easiest businesses to start in Nigerian with little business experiences. And of cause it is one of the most profitable easy to start businesses in Nigeria. You can start whether or not you have a current business. In this article, I will show you step by step guide on how I make over 200,000 as profit monthly from my POS Business.

POS BUSINESS
POS (point of sale) machine also known as terminals was created to make financial services easy for businesses, merchants and retailers to collect payment for goods or services without the need for cash. But it has since grown beyond that.

POS Business also know as agent banking, began in 2013 after the Central Bank of Nigeria released its guideline on the operations and management of the business.

Since then, it has remained one of the retail channels of several commercial banks to make their banking services reach a large number of people and in the past few years a lots of private own company has also created platforms to make agency banking easy.

How Does POS Business Works
see also: Online Home Business you can start.

The person who collects the POS for business is called a POS agent. What a POS Agent does is serve as a middle man between customers and their bank. He performs transactions withdrawal from their account, Fund Transfer, airtime sales and also bill payments like GOTV, DSTV, PHCN, and utility bills. The POS Agent makes a token (Profit) called commission per every transaction he makes.
https://www.onstartupbusiness.com/how-to-start-a-profitable-pos-business-in-nigeria/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash / Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses / Betonmarkets Alerts: Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.