Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi (28303 Views)

Elizabeth Odunlami: 'Ooni Enitan Ogunwusi Promised Me Marriage, Disappointed Me' / Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi / Tobi Philips Dating Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Arysexy(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2019
Na so them talk say one imaginary oduduwa fall from the sky and sane ppl believed.

Egbo induced talks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2019
So those that invented Google are invented Ifa. Lol

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by israelmao(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2019
gidimafia:
Yes it can..if u need explanation call me i cant type..08088925453

So sorry I am not one of your clients.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:23am On Apr 11, 2019
Lol! grin grin That means ifa stays on your device 24-7
I think the ooni is high on something

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by HisSexcellency(m): 9:23am On Apr 11, 2019
chaw:
Most of you guys are dumb Nigerians sha..Have u taken time to look into ifa and how it works..ifa has 256 odus with yes or nil possible outcome same thing as 2^8 i.e an 8 bit system with 0 and 1 possibility if we had taken our time to work on it we might have developed it more and get more than 256odus move to 64bit system. But you are here spitting trash and what u know nothing about..Do you actually know how the motherboard of your computer operates with the combination of different semi-conductors
All is see here is a fuming coment with no sense. I can school you on the workings of the internet. So, how does upgrading 256odus to 64bit system concern google.
Seems I'm being quoted by a nitwit undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Westsida: 9:27am On Apr 11, 2019
HisSexcellency:
Does this man actually know how google operates. Comparing "ifa" to google is like comparing witches flying at night to the invention of aircrafts
That he wants to promote the practice of "ifa" shouldn't make him dumb because there's no need for that

There’s no need of promoting IFA. It’s well known! White men been coming down the west to learn ifa no be today.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by wasi9ice: 9:29am On Apr 11, 2019
So Mark Zuckerberg came to lfe before building google company Abi?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Vendee: 9:29am On Apr 11, 2019
chaw:
Yes bro I'm a programmer and i see alot of similarities in writing codes and what will call incarnations. LET ME TELL YOU THIS RIGHT NOW COMPUTERS CAN FORESEE WEATHER, TRAFFIC ISNT THAT SOME SORT OF FORESEEING THE FUTURE ..SOON VERY SOON WITH THE INNOVATIONS IN A.I COMPUTER WILL BE ABLE TO FORSEE AND PREDICT WITH HIGH ACCURACY WHAT A PERSON WANTS DO...ARE YOU NOT AMAZED WITH WHAT AMAZON REKOGNITION SYSTEM DOES. STAYWOKE
I can't call myself a programmer but I'm trying to learn.
The day I came across IFA and the use of binary codes, I could not help but got more interested. To me, I see this as the spiritual meeting the physical.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Westsida: 9:32am On Apr 11, 2019
bettercreature:
Yes he is very correct but people dont really understand what he was trying to say.He was just saying that both IFA and GOOGLE works for the same purpose which is actually the truth
Infact IFA is far more powerful than google because it brings solution from nowhere whereas google is a man made
There are hundreds of white men learning IFA at OAU and ONI PALACE

Your very right. IFA really gave them a lot of ideas. There’s this man Eleburu Ibon. White men been coming down to learn IFA from him no be today. He’s usually travelling down there to teach them this same IFA! He’s a dad to a friend of mine that told me they do pay as high as #40M for the learning. Why would they pay such high amount if it’s not so useful!

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 11, 2019
AlexReports:
Google originated from the ‘Ifa’ also known as the oracle, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, has revealed.

NAN reports that the traditional leader said, on Wednesday, that without ‘Ifa’, Google would not have been created.

Ogunwusi said that ‘Ifa’ as a form divination, was all about sourcing for information and knowledge through traditional consultation.

The traditional ruler said that Google could be regarded as the modern way of sourcing for past information and what was likely to happen in the future too.

He said that ‘Ifa’ originated several thousands of years ago and is seen as the voice of the almighty God referred to as ” Orisa Oke” which is supreme to other lesser gods.

”Without ‘Ifa’, there could never have been google, so it is the modern-day version of ‘Ifa’ . ‘Ifa’ is all about information, getting knowledge from the Almighty God.

Whenever you search the google for information or knowledge, you are consulting ‘Ifa’; and without ‘Ifa’, there would not have been google.”

He said that ‘Ifa’ was still relevant in contemporary time, saying that was why people were still consulting the oracle for information and solutions to their problems.

Ogunwusi explained that if the modern day youths and the educated wanted to know the date of any important event, they would search for it from Google.

‘That is part of the functions that Ifa’ does for its believers and followers; that is the truth but it may sound strange,” he said

http://www.alexreports.info/2019/04/do-you-agree-whenever-you-use-google.html?m=1

This man needs to refrain from blazing weed whenever he is scheduled to speak at public events. This is unseemly and entirely contrary to the spirit of Oduduwa angry

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Westsida: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2019
Pentasoft1978:
The end has come to the yoruba story of creation, as the descendant of their gods have lost their sense of coordination. just as the end had come to the scientific story of creation, scientist being confused about the origin of life. the Bibilical story of creation remains the authentic and undesputable documentation on how God created the heavens and the earth. Ooni, please run to Jehovah, while he may be found, you have tried to hold unto what your fore fathers taught you, but please point of correction Google has nothing to do with your ancestral oracle Ifa.

You don’t even know what your saying!
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Westsida: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2019
frozen70:
Google is even more reliable than the ifa

Well, nah as you see am you think am sha.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by chaw: 9:40am On Apr 11, 2019
Vendee:

I can't call myself a programmer but I'm trying to learn.
The day I came across IFA and the use of binary codes, I could not help but got more interested. To me, I see this as the spiritual meeting the physical.
you are deep someone open-minded
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by chaw: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2019
HisSexcellency:

All is see here is a fuming coment with no sense. I can school you on the workings of the internet. So, how does upgrading 256odus to 64bit system concern google.
Seems I'm being quoted by a nitwit undecided
workings of the internet or workings of a computer..let's start with what is the internet basically?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by DigitB: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2019
Dumb Afonja fellow

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by profbayo: 9:46am On Apr 11, 2019
eezeribe:
Didn't know the Ooni was this dumb.... That's why nothing else comes out of Africa except ethnic and religious intolerance
he's dumb and bring ur father that's wise and let's compare. you r a big fool .
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by omojeesu(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2019
It is the same as Elon Musk saying using AI is "summoning the demon".
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Lilbek(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2019
nawa when i thought the ooni has sense. anyway, a man is allowed to be stupid atleast once or twice in his life time[color=#000099]

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Vendee: 9:50am On Apr 11, 2019
chaw:
you are deep someone open-minded
Thank you Chaw.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 9:51am On Apr 11, 2019
win3k:
This primitive m0ron was supposed to have studied abroad but his African mentality stuck with him and now he is misleading, brainwashing and mis-educating millions of stupid Nigerians who follow him.

Now you know why centuries later many Nigerians still struggle with commonsense despite expensive and often lengthy education at home and abroad.

The same fool promotes polygamy, juju and other backward fetishes.

The sad part is while doing untold harm to the image of Nigeria he continues to receive the salary of a 1st class chief.

I know you would be an Igbo guy, using this to Insult the kings do you have to Insult the king before you pass your message. You people are just animals without any culture
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by omojeesu(m): 9:52am On Apr 11, 2019
It is the same as Elon Musk saying using the AI is "summoning the demon".
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Enemyofpeace: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2019
eezeribe:
Didn't know the Ooni was this dumb.... That's why nothing else comes out of Africa except ethnic and religious intolerance
dumb is an understatement

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by bluke(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2019
thesicilian:
Most of what he said is right. Apart from this:

you need to understand how google stores and retrieve information.
when it does its number crunching, its in zeros and ones (0, 1), its the computer language.

that is what he was referring to.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by soothsayer2: 9:55am On Apr 11, 2019
Didn't know the Ooni was this dumb.... That's why nothing else comes out of Africa except ethnic and religious intolerance.

Children of hate.... cant you deliver your comment here without an insult & abuse? Meanwhile, only the well informed would known there is a sense in what the traditional ruler is saying. There was something we usually consulted before the emergence of Google. Google emanated from somewhere....

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2019
ajapz:

Mumu!! u for compare "Aircraft with "witchcraft". Don't just know how shallow we Nigerians can think just because drugs started with herbs.

The white men are always ready to learn new things even if it sound dumb and weird just because we don't understand it doesn't mean he is wrong, that's why the black men will never improve we are always quick to discard Everything without looking into it and understand more
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 9:59am On Apr 11, 2019
Arysexy:
Na so them talk say one imaginary oduduwa fall from the sky and sane ppl believed.

Egbo induced talks

It is not only Yoruba that have founders that descended from the sky, a lot of tribes have similar story so stop Castigating Yoruba for theirs, even the Nri kingdom founder descended from the sky

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by frankopit: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2019
If u know the algorithms and the mathematical computation.ONI of Ife go just keep quite.
Cosin similarity function.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 10:03am On Apr 11, 2019
Afonja007:
so why cant you upgrade your ifa?or you think google is the only search engine, china got their own version too, china own search engine is from ifa too abi?make una stop to dey disgrace us

Do we have the Resources to do anything in Nigeria?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2019
So ifa dey spread fake news and information too.....
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by ajapz(m): 10:05am On Apr 11, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:

The white men are always ready to learn new things even if it sound dumb and weird just because we don't understand it doesn't mean he is wrong, that's why the black men will never improve we are always quick to discard Everything without looking into it and understand more

Does that mean when u use google, u are consulting IFA? If u people don't understand stand the concept behind the "Search Engine", just keep quiet and don't come here to make fool of yourself

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2019
ajapz:

Does that mean when u use google, u are consulting IFA? If u people don't understand stand the concept behind the "Search Engine", just keep quiet and don't come here to make fool of yourself

What he was trying to say is that Google is the mordernize version of IFA not IFA, back in the olden day when there was no technology Yoruba used to consult IFA just like we now consult Google in this modern era, he was just highlighting the similarities

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi by saucelake231(m): 10:10am On Apr 11, 2019
blessedlibra:

There's even a thesis written by a professor comparing computer algorithm with ifa divination system. The PDF is on my phone. it's just that people are so quick to discredit any view they challenge their normal conventional way of thinking.
most of this white men also worship and believe in all this so call African gods....do you know songo festival(god or iron)..is been held in Brazil every year....googel search and conferm..... video is on YouTube self....day but on red garment on the day of the festival

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Miss Somalia Wins African Beauty Pageant In USA 2013 / Igbo Slang / 6 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Marriage Process In Hausa Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.