Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (33873 Views)

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got / 70k Banking Job In Ikorodu Lagos State Or 30k Teaching Job In Ekiti. Please Help / N40,000 Banking Job Or Keke Napep Driver. Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by emynem05(m): 9:00am On Apr 12, 2019
Just in case any of you including the poster
U can earn upto 80k minimum with less stress and peace of mind through agency banking.
I currently have 10 pos outlet and still opening more.
Imagine making 2k from each per day.
Read my post and contact me if interested.

https://www.nairaland.com/4427308/agency-banking-pos-new-wave
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Delejumi(m): 9:01am On Apr 12, 2019
A market research wanting to know if people will like to give cloth for sowing online without physical contact...
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQ-tK_ZFeuRJ6KY1W0nVHK0D3KUgV3p1G45ccfHU2TGKAEfQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by ImaIma1(f): 9:03am On Apr 12, 2019
Welcomme:
I graduated in the year 2015 and did my NYSC in the year 2016 to 2017. Ever since, getting a job has been something else. Well, last year I took up a teaching job in a private school and the salary is around 26 thousand naira. I have been on it for a year now. I hardly have time for my self considering the number of classes and periods.

I recently got a job with Stanbic bank as a Direct sales agent (marketing) with a salary of about 50 thousand.
I am afraid of taking up the offer because of all these bank targets and how to meet up with the target. I am afraid let me not lose the job I have now and take up this offer and can't meet up with the target.

Pls those that have done this DSA job and others can do well to advise me and give me first hand experience and way of meeting target.
Thanks.

Working as a DSA in a bank is like being a 2nd class citizen. You see your peers who are also graduates as full staff earning 4times that amount while doing almost the same job.

The targets and push are usually aggressive and it may come with a lot of bashing.

I once went for an interview for a DSA job. My senior from secondary school happened to be the one conducting the interview and he advised me not to take the job. Later when i got a job in a bank as a full staff and worked with DSAs, i understood his advice more.

The choice is still left to you

9 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Hotguy27: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2019
Take the job for the experience. It will prepare you better for the challenges ahead.
Where there is no challenge there is no potential to grow.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Joystark(f): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2019
enshi:
Remove stanbic IBTC from your post before you loose both jobs....

Lol and e don reach front page grin grin
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by crunchyg: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2019
Welcomme:
I graduated in the year 2015 and did my NYSC in the year 2016 to 2017. Ever since, getting a job has been something else. Well, last year I took up a teaching job in a private school and the salary is around 26 thousand naira. I have been on it for a year now. I hardly have time for my self considering the number of classes and periods.

I recently got a job with Stanbic bank as a Direct sales agent (marketing) with a salary of about 50 thousand.
I am afraid of taking up the offer because of all these bank targets and how to meet up with the target. I am afraid let me not lose the job I have now and take up this offer and can't meet up with the target.

Pls those that have done this DSA job and others can do well to advise me and give me first hand experience and way of meeting target.
Thanks.
Not taking risk in life is a risk itself, take the bank job, try a new thing even if it doesn't work getting another teaching job will not be too hard
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 12, 2019
Welcomme:

Thanks.

Take the job and do if for three to six months, ensure u gather sales experience, from there u can start applying for fmcg jobs and God been by ur side u will excel.
Remember don't waste that 50k,ensure u save at least 35k out of it, be friendly with your boss.
Sales experience will take u to d top,u equally need to learn driving, google fmcg sales strategy and build ur career from there.
Leave the teaching job asap and take this one,all the best

4 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by pawesome(m): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2019
Welcomme:

Thanks.
no risk.. No reward.. You a man.. Take that RISK!
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by HabaHaba: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2019
Welcomme:

Thanks.

My bro. The question is dont you know that DSA is a contract job & has no real value or hope. They are just going to use you kowai! Keep your teaching job & only go for the Professional banking job, that is if you are a University graduate

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by minskat: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2019
take the bank job. u will have experience that my enable u secure permanent bank job. again, u may be converted to a permanent staff. more salary also.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2019
Tolumiide:
Bro, look at yourself earning 50k, like the experienced teachers in that school in the next 11 years and make a decision now.
You're comfortable in that school now because you have no responsibility. I have been in a private school environment for awhile, tough doing some other ICT stuff to boast earnings, I can tell you that teaching in a private school is not a good option for a man. As a graduate, instead of taking up a teaching job with 30 to 40k, go and learn a hand work, with your education you will surely make a difference. Take the risk, do other things too, keep on moving bro. God will surely help you.

which ICT skill would u advice one to go for?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by nasinebifegha(m): 9:11am On Apr 12, 2019
It's a step forward my brother, atleast they will give you 6 months to perform with your salary being payed on time, that means you will have the opportunity to work with a corporate organization with some training and you will learn new things and meet new people every day both the rich and middle class business people. It's a new beginning but you will succeed. Years back I started off as DSA in a bank in Nigeria but today cos of experience and commitment I now work in an Oil firm. The things I have learnt I can work in any part of the World. What you need is experience and some little savings you can move to a greater height with the right decisions in life. I wish you success in your new Job.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by CanadianNaija: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2019
shakaranews:

Well said bro. I was a DSA with Access Bank, pay was 40k. They promised retaining us after appraisal, but we were dumped like garbages, all of us. I surpassed my target, but was still dump.

I hated the job, I hated everything about it because we were treated as trash, other bankers treat you like slaves, oga will always be shouting on you as if meeting target is easy. In fact, I hated the job with passion and have also developed hatred for banking jobs in general. I don't apply got Banking jobs. The bitter truth is, no banker, I repeat, no banker, including the Managers love their jobs. Everyone is jus tired and frustrated in that building.

You know that there is more to banking than sales right? I do not know why people only think branch operations are all there is to banking.
I really hope the OP doesn't listen to people like you with defeatist mentality.

Your outlook and goal when taking on every opportunity you are given determines how you prevail in life.
If you take on a sales job with the intention of learning and moving on to other industries with the skills you've learnt, your apoproach to work will be different.
I do not know about other Banks, but i know for a fact that Stanbic is a multinational and the work culture there is not same with the Nigerian banks that behave as if their employees are slaves.

The exposure you get from working in a professional environment can never be the same as if you sit down in a school somewhere, the truth is we all shape our lives the way we want it to be.
So OP should see this as an opportunity, and use it properly, or do nothing and continue complaining. Life does not just happen to us.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by shevy878: 9:14am On Apr 12, 2019
Phygo:
The highest Risk in life is not taking Risk.
Or
Are U scared of challenges.

I'm a BSc holder,but managing 45k here in Kaduna with one heartless India company.
I work 7to7 including Saturdays. Most times I come on Sunday after church if there is need to run production.

Guy, man must survive. All na experience and ability to explore other opportunities.

One more thing, WORK SCARCE OOO.
Abi U wan carry LAPPY?
Bro 45k is better o! I earn very little of that as a bsc holder here in Lagos as a factory operator. Bros if you can link me up! 08136198186.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Benosky011(m): 9:14am On Apr 12, 2019
Everybody's luck are not the same.
I worked in a Ecobank as same DSA on a salary scale of 72k, later 86k. While I was there, I used my spare time to look for other minor businesses to fetch me income, like land agebt, etc.

I also joined a cooperative monthly contribution. We usually do it 50k for 10months. I'ld use my own to buy keke and give it out on hire purchase. It gave me another source of income. I was living comfortably with 72k salary.
While I was there, apart from various trainings I attended, I also bought my own car. A customer in Italy sent it to me and I paid him gradually within 6months.
In 2012, I was going to get married. It just took less than 4months from when I met her then we wedded. I was 29 then.
2years later, I left the bank.
I had already started a business that was managed by my wife. Though under my supervision.
Today, I am a happy man. Happy family we with 3 beautiful girls and hoping to add the 4th child in the next 6months.

Am telling you this to inspire you. According to mtn advert, big things start small.

Start with the one you see, then grow from there. Bear it in mind that you have not gone there to make a career as a contract staff or junior staff. Just know why you are where, get what you want and I walk away. I'll give you some secrets to success while there:

-make yourself an inevitable staff
-study the bank Policies, follow them
-study the bank products and learn the selling points
-searve both customers and the bank with all your strength (it I will surely pay you in the long run)
-don't compare yourself with other guys in the system, you don't know what they do extra.
-live within your means.
-pray, think, watch out for opportunities
-finally, save! Save!! Save!!!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by LeoFish92(m): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Best advice I've seen on here. Surprisingly, I also learnt from it.

That guy is F'cking correct.

The job I have now, my income after expenses fluctuates between 60 to 80k, but yet I'm currently learning graphic design after which I'll learn python programming. I don't wanna be like my older colleagues who have nothing to fall on in case something goes south.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by nasinebifegha(m): 9:21am On Apr 12, 2019
Jozibrainz99:

which ICT skill would u advice one to go for?

You can learn graphics, web design, video editing, or PC maintenance and Networking. Mobile phone repairs too pays. With app development

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by flexyrule(m): 9:24am On Apr 12, 2019
oldtruth:

Ha!!! Why can't the mod ban this guy for this comment? Haba!!!
A relationship officer working under me earns N80k as salary every month. He takes 1% every investment he books as commission every month. He currently has about N40 million in his CABAL. Please calculate how much the guy makes every month.
Life is easy bro!
Think big and believe!
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Mydazz(m): 9:25am On Apr 12, 2019
flexyrule:
I know a DSA that works with Stanbic that earns over 350k as commsion every month. Management approved that he should be converted to a full staff at Entry level with a lower pay and he refused.
Its not always about where you are, it's about how well you're doing wherever you are.

Two things are involved,..... a great cycle of influential friends and families or some sleeping around to get it done

7 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by olayinkajnr(m): 9:36am On Apr 12, 2019
LeoFish92:

That guy is F'cking correct.

The job I have now, my income after expenses fluctuates between 60 to 80k, but yet I'm currently learning graphic design after which I'll learn python programming. I don't wanna be like my older colleagues who have nothing to fall on in case something goes south.

Better o. Btw, where are you learning your graphic design from?

I'm more interested in that.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 12, 2019
Welcomme:

Thanks.

Take up the bank job but brace up for challenges. Challenges in the banking sector are inevitable, but it will strengthen your professional work ethics and mold you for greater tasks in future.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Boss13: 9:39am On Apr 12, 2019
Welcomme:

Thanks.

N50,000 as a sales agent. What’s wrong with Banks? Why are they paying this meager wages

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by CanadianNaija: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2019
Mydazz:

Two things are involved,..... a great cycle of influential friends and families or some sleeping around to get it done

You need to change your mindset.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Funkybabee(f): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2019
To me ooo some risk involve proper reasoning before taking them. Anything bank marketing job to me is a no no because the way they were just laying them off without any tangible reason will bafle you of what their management is all abt...

There is only one bank that I can work with in a reliable mode which is the first bank because I have alot of elders retiring them with a great experienced. After working in that private school for a year, tell me what have u achieved, what have u learn, what opportunity have u derived from such. What is ur next plan within a year if at all u wanted to continue working there? These are the question that need a sensible answer for because when we say private school ar paying less there are still Some people who are using it to do a great deal that benefits them.

Some were even making more than their salary from private tutors. doing their master for lecturing job let me tell you teaching/lecturing is what people are now opening to now because of the convenience and a well build profession they can achieved from it.

Biko think very well ooo May God bless u
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Mydazz(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2019
CanadianNaija:

You need to change your mindset.

I am actually working on it, thanks.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by zicoraads: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2019
Take the bank job. It may be more risk and time consuming, but itse a step.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by CharleyBright(m): 9:49am On Apr 12, 2019
Frankly, i wont advise you to take a banking job as a Direct Sales Agent. You are not a full recognised staff by that and and your name is just written in pencil as far as the bank is concerned... you will soon be booted out if u dont meet requirement that might make them even consider u for entry level.

And as an ex banker, am gonna tell u confidentially that Banking in Nigeria is not a job can rely on. Many always regret. Ask around if u doubt me.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by ericmor: 9:50am On Apr 12, 2019
Either which way, u most take the job bcs is good for your Cv, experience and getting to meet people that can even help your future.

Now let me say dis, u won’t be able to meet their target which most of them knows and at the end they still gain more but for u if u are focus and intelligent, u get experience and meet more important people.
Try and save at list 40% of your salary bcs of wat could happen next and you should try and watch out for wat to do with your life latter why working for the bank which u will latter use the 40% savings for.
I repeat, try to manage yourself why doing the job and save at list that percentage cus that will help u latter if u really know wat u are doing. My own advice tho

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by kernniejay(m): 9:50am On Apr 12, 2019
Your school work is no stress compared to bank job. Left to me i will continue with the teaching job while still pressing for a better job, bank job is a No-No. If you like to take the bank job for the salary, make sure you don't stay long on it or rely totally on it, keep searching for a better job and save as much as you can from the N50k salary because the job is not reliable.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by CanadianNaija: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2019
CharleyBright:
Frankly, i wont advise you to take a banking job as a Direct Sales Agent. You are not a full recognised staff by that and and your name is just written in pencil as far as the bank is concerned... you will soon be booted out if u dont meet requirement that might make them even consider u for entry level.

And as an ex banker, am gonna tell u confidentially that Banking in Nigeria is not a job can rely on. Many always regret. Ask around if u doubt me.

As an ex banker doing what for the bank? I was a career banker and this is not true.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by sben2308(m): 10:07am On Apr 12, 2019
Welcomme:

Thanks.

I will ask you this

1.Do u make extra from d lesson ?If yes how much more
2.R u a sweet talker ?
3.Compare all expense can u cope with the bank stress?

Lastly believe me keep ur teaching n get more certification on that cuz DSA job isnt getting u any whr. My honest n blunt opinion

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by LeoFish92(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Better o. Btw, where are you learning your graphic design from?

I'm more interested in that.

YouTube bro, there are thousands of videos on YouTube.

I started with adobe illustrator, now I'm learning photoshop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun State Releases First Batch Of Shortlisted Employment Candidates / MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2017 | Application Requirements / Avoid These Four Types Of People At Work Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.