Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got (14365 Views)

Please Advise Me On This New Banking Job / N40,000 Banking Job Or Keke Napep Driver. Which Is Better / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by salvationproject(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24
I am a fresh graduate, left NYSC few months back and recently landed a graduate trainee job at one of our commercial banks here in Nigeria. But I have been afraid recently. This is because I will be under sales/marketing. And I have been hearing of all these 50m, 90m, etc. deposit targets.
Training school will be commencing soon and a part of me is telling me not to report.
Please, who have experience how these things work? Advise me please.

13 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by saintopus(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24
When they gave you a target, you meet it or bow out, not the way that young girl in Lagos bank toilet did.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Jogs1900: 6:53pm On Feb 24
Since you are a fresh graduate, I will advise you take up the job and put in your best.

53 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by samwash(m): 8:15pm On Feb 24
Those successful Bankers that are making waves today in the banking industry, you think they didn't pass through this stage.
Go experience it, if you can't cope, bow out.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by fidelmarshal199: 8:54pm On Feb 24
samwash:
Those successful Bankers that are making waves today in the banking industry, you think they didn't pass through this stage.

They didn't pass through this stage. Check out All the threads of the MPC members that make frontpage yesterday. None of them started as entry staff

ppogba:

So, MPC members are the only successful bankers in Nigeria today?

Wonderful analogy!

Since you know better why don't you mention 1 individual that's making wave in banking sector today that started from entry staff.

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by benzion72(m): 9:05pm On Feb 24
Don't be afraid. If others can do it you can do better

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by flokii: 11:05pm On Feb 24
You've entered corporate ashaw0 world where graduates especially females have to sleep with alhajis or whoever has money for them to deposit their money in the banks.
@OP Just prepare your mind cos your female colleagues will outshine and outdo you

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Gadafii: 11:22pm On Feb 24
Take the job, either you meet your target or not your salary will be paid promptly, however commission comes with meeting target in some banks

Please this is not an advie for you not to meet your target oo, but tke the job first, the salary will go a lon GB way in solving one or two presently, except you for some other source of income that can sustain you for long

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by 042reports(f): 7:57am On Feb 25
Is like you don't know what God has done for u.
Congrats anyway.

Report, resume, save up and jakpa.

U can be lucky to be posted to a commercial area. You don't need to source for deposit.

12 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by abbasajao(m): 9:35am On Feb 25
Pls take it. Is not as crazy as people paint it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Aplaudez(m): 10:33am On Feb 25
salvationproject:
I am a fresh graduate, left NYSC few months back and recently landed a graduate trainee job at one of our commercial banks here in Nigeria. But I have been afraid recently. This is because I will be under sales/marketing. And I have been hearing of all these 50m, 90m, etc. deposit targets.
Training school will be commencing soon and a part of me is telling me not to report.

I'll advise you to look for another opportunity, I'm in your shoes right now and I'm finding all way to stop, marketing isn't a child's play, you'll waka waka tire.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Esthered: 10:59am On Feb 25
Dear OP, resume training school and give it your best.
This is not the best time to be jobless. You can always change unit in the nearest future.
Retail OP isn't as hard as it seems. Ask experienced folks how to be successful as a marketer.

12 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Nairalander248: 11:59am On Feb 25
salvationproject:

Congratulations... If others can do it. You can do it.
Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by galantjoe(m): 2:55pm On Feb 25
Shit doesn't smell when you haven't ejected them. So, take the job and see how it will go. There is free entry and free exit.

1 Like

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by soccerlite: 3:57pm On Feb 25
samwash:

Lolzzzzz 🤣

Name them

1 Like

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Fab21: 10:35am On Feb 26
Thank God that you're even employed as a core staff. What should those contract staff that are into marketing do?

I'll advise you to take the Job. As regards the target, no marketing job without target.

The most important thing is that, put in your best. While you're working over there, start looking for another opportunities.

6 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Customised3(f): 12:59pm On Feb 26
No fear
Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Atarakpa: 1:00pm On Feb 26
Baba go resume if nah one month salary take am hold body.

1 Like

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by DamnnNiggarr: 1:00pm On Feb 26
shocked

Banking Job? 🥵🥵🥵
Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by stano2(m): 1:00pm On Feb 26
Stress
Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by owiko(m): 1:01pm On Feb 26
Take the job, while looking for an alternative.
Ensure you have also saved up to buy a shoe with a steel sole, it will be supportive to your legedes Benz.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by mrrandomguy: 1:01pm On Feb 26
1. I hope you are an extrovert and a womaniser. If not, you MAY not survive.

2. Be ready to get bullied and insulted on a daily basis should you fail to meet your target. Even if you do meet targets, you will still be bullied by superiors. Bankers are the most toxic people on earth.

3. Try to be transferred to Head office units instead of working in a branch.

4. Plan your exit within 1½ -2½ years in case the above is not feasible.

9 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by ecomalchemistt(m): 1:01pm On Feb 26
Enjoy your job
Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Jewessgratitud3: 1:02pm On Feb 26
If you're not engaged at the moment, take it. At least use it to build your CV. The next job might job might just require that experience to give you a better position.

Gather experience with it first.

3 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by ntyce(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26
Don't be scared, those targets could be frightening but very realistic.
Don't defeat yourself before the battle starts.

Resume at the training school, you will be equipped with the needed knowledge on how to scale through.
You can even be fortunate to land in a very good branch where your colleagues will make things easier for you.

Marketing is the best job in the bank after head office functions, it gives you opportunity to grow, meet people and even have some time for yourself.
Even those in operations after a few years beg to switch to marketing.

9 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Nyanabo(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26
Go through the process. If you can't keep up, bow out respectfully. Don't kill yourself.
Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by free2ryhme: 1:05pm On Feb 26
salvationproject:

why are you worried for something that hasn't even started undecided

1 Like

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Peterobi90: 1:06pm On Feb 26
Do away with the negative mindset, look at the positives...

- The fastest way to getting PR without schooling to most countries is having a reasonable internationally accepted job here in Nigeria.

- You would be earning a reasonable income from start.

- Some accounts would be allocated to you to manage and grow.

- Everyone needs a banker, why can't that banker be You?

- If you don't have the connections for high profile accounts, you could start from being a champion of savings accounts, POF accounts on liens etc.

Just look at the positives... not like you have an easier alternative with such salary and pecks. If not, you won't be here asking us.

3 Likes

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by bigdammyj: 1:07pm On Feb 26
Reading...
Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Emma1Oj(m): 1:08pm On Feb 26
My elder Brother started as a marketer then in Oceanic Bank immediately his graduation from NYsc, but today he's one of Eco Bank top official..

Check if you have the passion to start anyhow in yrs before the big deal.

1 Like

Re: Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got by Stargurl20(f): 1:08pm On Feb 26
Wow!

It's the kind of job I'm eying for now. I'm also a fresh graduate who is serving at present. I have plans for applying for banks graduate trainee jobs even during this my service year.

If I were you, I would take the job.

Pls, how much do they pay fresh graduate that has just been employed?

Also, I heard that they pay during the training as well .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Recruitment - Scammers On Rampage / NIMC Apptitude Test Result 2013 / Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.