Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:52 PM

Benin-ore Trap Called Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin-ore Trap Called Road (1789 Views)

The Death Trap Called Ogoja-calabar Road (worst In Africa) Pix / Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin-ore Trap Called Road by AloyEmeka5: 1:43am On Sep 14, 2010
Travellers Trapped On Benin-Ore Road

Travellers were trapped in the rain for several hours last weekend on the failed portions of Benin-Ore road.
Users of the road usually face nightmarish experience following the failure of the Federal Government to fix it. It gets worse during the rainy season.
Motorists and travellers who were heading to their various states in the east got stuck on the highway last Thursday and Friday when desperate interstate bus drivers who drove against traffic to avoid the bad spots blocked one another on both sides of the busy highway.

•Travellers trapped on Benin-Ore highway for several hours at the weekend. Story on pg.6. PHOTOS: David Odey.

A traveller, who gave his name simply as Agbor, regretted travelling by road, adding that he would have travelled by air from Lagos to Calabar, and taken a bus from there to his home town in Ogoja, Cross River State.
Other travellers expressed similar regret and wondered why Nigerians should be subjected to such harrowing experience by their leaders.
Some of those trapped said the latest situation was a child’s play compared to what they experience during the Christmas rush in December whereby they spend 24 hours or more on the spots.
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by blacksta(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2010
Is that a road or sink hole - why why why Nigeria

Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by monkeyleg: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2010
Na wah. This road sef, and NASS members dey share money, I think unsa see trouble. We have roads like this in Nigeria, and those bastards want to continue sharing money
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by invisible2(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2010
They fixed the road but some 'winsh' came and chop the road. Give me money to organize prayers and 6 day fasting for the road to be better; lol.
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by AndreUweh(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2010
What happened to that East-West rail line that was been built some years ago.
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by hackney(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2010
invisible!:

They fixed the road but some 'winsh' came and chop the road. Give me money to organize prayers and 6 day fasting for the road to be better; lol.
grin

Meanwhile here they are resurfacing roads that already look like roads leading to aso rock.
This life no balance at all.

make snake no come out swallow these ppl abeg.
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by Mobinga: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2010
hackney:

grin

Meanwhile here they are resurfacing roads that already look like roads leading to aso rock.
This life no balance at all.

make snake no come out swallow these ppl abeg.
For once you write sense
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by wesley80(m): 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2010
I'll find it hard to believe any Nigerian government has actually done something for its people until this road is fixed. That road represents all that is wrong with Nigeria - Who cares about the people!
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by monkeyleg: 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2010
@wesley80,

I passed tha road in 2006, it was that bad, 2007, eben worse, 2008 unbelievable, but guess what, that is probably the most important road in the whole country and it has been that bad for close to 5yrs.

This is why, nigerians really have a stack choice come this election, they must use thier heads to pick somene who has a clue. this is just a very visual representation of the state of nigeria. The Hospitals are not better, what about the schools
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by wesley80(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2010
^^^ U done come again O. If i talk now u go say I talk and na my mouth u dey find.lol
Re: Benin-ore Trap Called Road by olafolarin(m): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2010
That Same Road has been awarded to different contractors several Times bu nothing has been Done Till Date.
The Money always end up in some politicians pocket.
Maybe Fashola should just go there and fix the road. shocked
that's the only politician that really works in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Remove Strange Arabic/islamic Inscription On Our Naira. / 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? / Amnesty International: State Of Emergency And Civillian Casualties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.