Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal (55408 Views)

President Buhari Tells Tribunal To Strike Out Atiku's Suit / I Am More Qualified Than Atiku - Buhari Tells Tribunal / Presidential Poll: INEC Credited Invalid Votes To Buhari, Atiku Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

The plebiscite made him a Nigerian. The onus is on you guys to prove that he not qualified to be a Nigerian despite the plebiscite that made him one.

Simple case to win without breaking sweat.

Like I said earlier bro, just observe. I didn't say you were wrong but APC knows what they're doing

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2019
jflexy:

By naturalization: 27. (1) Subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, any person who is qualified in accordance with the provisions of this section may apply to the President for the same of a certificate of naturalisation.

(2) No person shall be qualified to apply for the grant of a certificate or naturalisation, unless he satisfies the President that -
* (a) He is a person of full age and capacity;
* (b) He is a person of good character;
* (c) He has shown a clear intention of his desire to be domiciled in Nigeria;
* (d) He is, in the opinion of the Governor of the State where he is or he proposes to be resident, acceptable to the local community in which he is to live permanently, and has been assimilated into the way of life of Nigerians in that part of the Federation;
* (e) He is a person who has made or is capable of making useful contribution to the advancement; progress and well-being of Nigeria;
* (f) He has taken the Oath of Allegiance prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution; and
* (g) He has, immediately preceding the date of his application, either-
(i) Resided in Nigeria for a continuous period of fifteen years; or

(ii) Resided in Nigeria continuously for a period of twelve months, and during the period of twenty years immediately preceding that period of twelve months has resided in Nigeria for periods amounting in the aggregate to not less than fifteen years.

28. (1) Subject to the other provisions of this section, a person shall forfeit forthwith his Nigerian citizenship if, not being a citizen of Nigeria by birth, he acquires or retains the citizenship or nationality of a country, other than Nigeria, of which he is not a citizen by birth.

29. (1) Any citizen of Nigeria of full age who wishes to renounce his Nigerian citizenship shall make a declaration in the prescribed manner for the renunciation.

(2) The President shall cause the declaration made under subsection (1) of this section to be registered and upon such registration, the person who made the declaration shall cease to be a citizen of Nigeria.

(3) The President may withhold the registration of any declaration made under subsection (1) of this section if-

(a) The declaration is made during any war in which Nigeria is physically involved; or

(b) In his opinion, it is otherwise contrary to public policy.

(4) For the purposes of subsection (1) of this section.

(a) "full age" means the age of eighteen years and above;

(b) Any woman who is married shall be deemed to be of full age.
Did atiku at any time apply to the president or governor
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by vineyardfarms: 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2019
WHEN ATIKU WAS IN APC, HE WAS A NIGERIAN THEN. A CAMORONIAN NOW AS PDP. APC IS A SATANIC CLUB.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by ChristianNorth: 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2019
garfield1:

Me ranted? What do you call typing senseless comments right from page one up to page 5 misleading gullible fellows like you? You have even introduced an ethnic dimension to show why atiku lost.so because ikpeazu is igbo apc cant use? If inec are hiring him,what say do apc have in who inec is hiring? Continue embarassing yourself.you are tribalistic and cant even hide it and you expected atiku to win when he's sectionalising his dealings? Chai
Sorry to disappoint you, court look at the weight of the evidence when granting prayers not on tribalism.

Your mistake is filing a counterclaim instead of full response
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by ruffDiamond: 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2019
I'm not here to stguew bullsh1t or the finest line between idiocy and logic,rational or irrational what I know is that NO MATTER WHAT GIVES ,Atheifkwu will NEVER SMELL THAT PRESIDENCY in his lifetime just like ibbo once Nigerian demonize y..ou no miracle can save your hairy smelly asssss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by ChristianNorth: 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
garfield1:
Did atiku at any time apply to the president or governor
Atiku is a Nigerian by plebiscite. I guess you don't even know what that means.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by noblejazz(m): 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
Nigeria is now the biggest joke! Apc has reduced us to rubbles to the extent that we are no more considered as humans.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
Lucid1:

Like I said earlier bro, just observe. I didn't say you were wrong but APC know what they're doing
Thank you.its just a counter claim or plan b to destroy atiku nothing more.it holds more water than the clsim of buhari not having a cert or the schools he claimed to attend not existing.apc got to power through superior intellect,you cant underrate apc

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by buhariguy(m): 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Atiku is a Nigerian by plebiscite, so naturally he is exempted by the requirement of Chapter 5 of Nigerian constitution
can a bakassi indigene think of ruling Cameroon?.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by donvat1(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
yusufmurry:

What of Buhari? A former General...
I am sure you called them craze then.
what is your POINT
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by donvat1(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
yusufmurry:

What of Buhari? A former General...
I am sure you called them craze then.
what are your POINTS
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by SjMbula(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
He's a Adamawarian then since una don reject am for 9ja
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by nurusystem(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
Where is ipob leader ,,he said it before,,, atiku is not a Nigeria by birth,,, see stealing
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

I don't call you illiterate for nothing. I have explained what a counter-claim is, why it is used and when. I won't educate you on that again.

Mumu, you file a petition, the respondent files a response and then evidence are called to prove both claims. It is based on the petition and responses that a court grants prayers.

The case depends on the evidence PDP presents to back their petitions and evidence APC presents to back their responses. Not just on the evidence of PDP.

Mugu,you ended up confirming what i said.you are not just an illiterate but a dumb and a tribalist.
If atiku presents watery evidence and the buhari team during cross examination punctures it or the court refuses to admit the evidence and the defence team presents no evidence who wins? Swerve boy
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by ChristianNorth: 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
Lucid1:

Like I said earlier bro, just observe. I didn't say you were wrong but APC know what they're doing
They don't. If you understand fully what they filed and the implications, then you would understand why I said they don't.

Unless they are trying to use it to beat the deadline. If this is true, then it means they don't have response to PDP's petitions.

Since, they have filed appearance and response, it means the case will proceed fully and if they fail to amend their response, they will lose the case and they have to do it fast. They don't have 30 days again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by rapid101(m): 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
garfield1:

Oga,waec that issued us cert says buhari has a cert plus they have issued him one so case closed.by birth and parentage,was he or is he a nigeria?
Oga which waec d one u bribed in nigeria abi d headquarters from Ghana
And how is his birth or parentage not nigeria
Jeda lga is not nigeria
Honestly u re drunk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

They don't. If you understand fully what they filed and the implications, then you would understand why I said they don't.

Unless they are trying to use it to beat the deadline. If this is true, then it means they don't have response to PDP's petitions.

Since, they have filed appearance and response, it means the case will proceed fully and if they fail to amend their response, they will lose the case and they have to do it fast. They don't have 30 days again

You're a smart homie, just watch and see, I'm in awe after seeing their response but I believe they've got it locked down. Let's just watch and see
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
Kiki77:

You mean to say appointed by Obasanjo? Atiku was never elected

Maybe not directly but he was elected on the ticket, a bad vice on the ticket makes it not viable
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
Even if Atiku is from Cambodia...

He is still better than lifeless man...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by Mirriamvic(f): 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu Said That Buhari Is Jubril From Sudan, Atiku A Cameronian. Northerners Denied All . Now One Truth Has Just Been Confirmed By Them. God Is At Work

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by buhariguy(m): 11:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Sorry to disappoint you, court look at the weight of the evidence when granting prayers not on tribalism.

Your mistake is filing a counterclaim instead of full response
this counter claim is the full response, that thief atiku is not qualify in the first place to contest election in nigeria,
therefore, they urge the court to strike out the entire case because its lacking in merit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by ChristianNorth: 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
garfield1:

Mugu,you ended up confirming what i said.you are not just an illiterate but a dumb and a tribalist.
If atiku presents watery evidence and the buhari team during cross examination punctures it or the court refuses to admit the evidence and the defence team presents no evidence who wins? Swerve boy
Sorry boy. A court cannot grant prayers not sought for.

The court will only grant the prayers of APC and APC filed a counter-claim praying the court to strike out the petition by atiku for not being a Nigerian but they forgot it is a joint petition with PDP.

If you disqualify Atiku, Tambuwal takes over and the case will proceed. All PDP needs to do is to prove just one petition and this will be simple since APC doesn't have a response to that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

If you dont know the meaning,beg me and ill tell you.dont take style and ask for the meaning boy.
There are a lot of loopholes in our laws.does our constitution recognize being a citizen by plebiscite? Did he formally apply for naturalization
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by puremaind: 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
Story for the gods.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by OLUWABIG(m): 11:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
DivideUs:
A former democratically elected vice president? These ones don craze!

Even their matter pass craze sef grin
DivideUs:
A former democratically elected vice president? These ones don craze!

Even their matter pass craze sef
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by ChristianNorth: 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
buhariguy:
this counter claim is the full response, that thief atiku is not qualify in the first place to contest election in nigeria,
therefore, they urge the court to strike out the entire case because its lacking in merit.
A very stupid move by APC. That petition was filed by PDP and Atiku and the counterclaim was on Atiku alone.

So PDP will win and Tambuwal steps in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by bluebay(m): 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
I swear this is so childish of APC. Instead to defend your victory on the election, you talking about If your opposition is fit to contest for the first place or not . If fact brought that he’s not from Nigeria, as long as he posses the Nigerian international passport and have held office before, he’s still Nigerian

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Sorry boy. A court cannot grant prayers not sought for.

The court will only grant the prayers of APC and APC filed a counter-claim praying the court to strike out the petition by atiku for not being a Nigerian but they forgot it is a joint petition with PDP.

If you disqualify Atiku, Tambuwal takes over and the case will proceed. All PDP needs to do is to prove just one petition and this will be simple since APC doesn't have a response to that.
Why contradicting yourself? Seems you are also poor in comprehension.you claimed that apc claims and evidences are hollow.am now asking you what if apc and inec presents no evidence and all of atiku evidences and prayers hold no water,who wins? Indian of answering,you barked uncontrollably
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by ChristianNorth: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
garfield1:

If you dont know the meaning,beg me and ill tell you.dont take style and ask for the meaning boy.
There are a lot of loopholes in our laws.does our constitution recognize being a citizen by plebiscite? Did he formally apply for naturalization
You see why we call you illiterate? Yes that plebiscite was recognised by Nigerian law and you don't need naturalization after a plebiscite.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by DemolaUnbias(m): 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

A very stupid move by APC. That petition was filed by PDP and Atiku and the counterclaim was on Atiku alone.

So PDP will win and Tambuwal steps in.
The prayers of atiku team that bihari has no cert and that the schools he attended,did it also disqualify apc? For every mishap apc does,your useless party does it tripple
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal by enemybulldozer(m): 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
buhariguy:
hahahahahahahahahaha,
you think idiotic pigs will ever rule Cameroon if they decided to Port to Cameroon after their useless lefelendum.
The man you're calling your president, where did he come from??

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

After Meeting With Tinubu, Senators-elect Queue Behind Yari / Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale / Twitter Reacts To Melaye's 'invasion' Of Bourdillon Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.