Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa (11534 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Building Updates.. / Beautiful Masterpiece Wit 24hrs Solar Power 3br Bungalow At Shimawa / Urgent Sale: 1 &Half Plot @ Treasure Park Est8 Ph 2 (CITY OF DAVID), Shimawa #6M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by twinskenny(m): 6:30am On Apr 14, 2019
VickyES300:
Nice one boss, I bought mine from Adron as well (West Park Garden, Ibadan) and by God's grace next month I would be allocated and I want to start my project immediately. Please keep updating about everything most especially the cost and I wouldn't mind if you can also connect me to a good engineer if you can find one.

If it’s ibadan you can connect with kolanshangone he is a good man...
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by VickyES300: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2019
twinskenny:

Yes it's Ibadan and how can I get his contact?
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by twinskenny(m): 10:44am On Apr 14, 2019
VickyES300:

Yes it's Ibadan and how can I get his contact?

0703 893 5532
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by KolaShangOne(m): 11:56am On Apr 14, 2019
Joshcoli:
Ok, I paid someone 20k to evacuate all the dugged sand from the soakaway into the building and also paid about 58,000 to put pillers. These 58k covers 11 piller plus the front 3 pillers, the irons, cement, water, labour and also the carpentry work

I have a question o..

Since sometime last year, Adron doesn't allow direct labour on their sites. They require you to have a qualified engineer before you can start work.

How come they allowed you use direct Labour?

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by KolaShangOne(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2019
twinskenny:

Thanks Oga Kenny. I'm flattered.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
KolaShangOne:

I have a question o..

Since sometime last year, Adron doesn't allow direct labour on their sites. They require you to have a qualified engineer before you can start work.

How come they allowed you use direct Labour?

Adron and there wahala...

It's an agreement I had with the engineer. Got the work order through him, and I told him I will do direct labour

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by don4real18(m): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
Joshcoli:

Ok, many thanks
I forgot to mention bags of cement used
So far I've used 47 bags of cement
Dangote which then was 2,550 per bag. It has gone up to 2,650 per bag now

Another thing I want prospective builders to note is that, engineers makes things very difficult for builders because they know you wont be on ground to monitor their work. My little advice is if you can get someone trustworthy to be on site to monitor the work and pay like 3k, it will be very worth it... But those crazy engineers can even buy them over sef... Lol
We don't make things difficult and you are not a builder, rather, you are the project owner.
I know there are some dishonest professionals in the construction industry out there but the good outweighs the bad.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
don4real18:

We don't make things difficult and you are not a builder, rather, you are the project owner.
I know there are some dishonest professionals in the construction industry out there but the good outweighs the bad.

My elder brother is a deeper life pastor... A damn honest engineer. With NSE & COREN certifications. So believe there are still honest engineers

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by goldcorn(f): 11:37am On Apr 15, 2019
Joshcoli:
Believe me some engineers are devil expecially these my engineers ... Because I decided to be on site the increase the cement mixture ratio just for the sake of wickedness. After these German floor is done I'm changing him ASAP
VickyES300:
Nice one boss, I bought mine from Adron as well (West Park Garden, Ibadan) and by God's grace next month I would be allocated and I want to start my project immediately. Please keep updating about everything most especially the cost and I wouldn't mind if you can also connect me to a good engineer if you can find one.
In need of a reliable engineer call or whatsapp me on 09069193297. Travel anywhere in Nigeria
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by abbeyboy2o15(m): 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2019
VickyES300:
How much are they selling a plot now, am a resident of ibadan, want to look into something like that for future. What is the cost for your own. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by VickyES300: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
abbeyboy2o15:
How much are they selling a plot now, am a resident of ibadan, want to look into something like that for future. What is the cost for your own. Thanks

I paid 1,150,000 for the land and additional fee of 950k which covers the C of O, development fee, documentation and others.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by VickyES300: 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
twinskenny:

0703 893 5532

Thanks so much boss, I will contact him as soon as I get back to Nigeria.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by twinskenny(m): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
VickyES300:

Thanks so much boss, I will contact him as soon as I get back to Nigeria.

You welcome sir
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by abbeyboy2o15(m): 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
VickyES300:

I paid 1,150,000 for the land and additional fee of 950k which covers the C of O, development fee, documentation and others.

ok thanks where is the estate located.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by VickyES300: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbeyboy2o15:
ok thanks where is the estate located.

Ayegun Oleyo, Oluyole Local government.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2019
Here we are today...
9 inches Block @ 155 = 77,500
6 inches block @ 140 = 70,000
10 tons of sharp sand = 28,000
Water = 5,000
20 bags Cement @2,650 = 53,000
Labour = 50,000

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by drkay(m): 12:49am On Jun 16, 2019
Rubbiish:

Before u change him, ensure he didn't make changes to the floor plan, if he did, tell him to effect it on the plan, so another engineer can continue from the German floor
Thank you for this advice. I’m about to take similar decision. I remember he said that he has modified the plan on the first floor but He didn’t send it to me. I don’t know if he’ll release his own updated copy of the plan when I tell him my decision to get a new hand. It’s a 4brm duplex at decking stage and I plan to finish it up when next I visit Nigeria.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by drkay(m): 1:16am On Jun 16, 2019
Joshcoli:
Here we are today...
9 inches Block @ 155 = 77,500
6 inches block @ 140 = 70,000
10 tons of sharp sand = 28,000
Water = 5,000
20 bags Cement @2,650 = 53,000
Labour = 50,000
Well done sir. Is the 50k what you’re paying them to set the 1000 blocks or the amount you spent on site today?
By getting an Engineer and doing direct labor, does it mean that you hired everyone working on that site and paying them individually based on your negotiation, including the engineer? How do pay your engineer/builder? Per number of days on site or phase of the project?
Please keep us posted as you proceed. God will continue to enrich you.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 6:55am On Jun 16, 2019
drkay:

Well done sir. Is the 50k what you’re paying them to set the 1000 blocks or the amount you spent on site today?
By getting an Engineer and doing direct labor, does it mean that you hired everyone working on that site and paying them individually based on your negotiation, including the engineer? How do pay your engineer/builder? Per number of days on site or phase of the project?
Please keep us posted as you proceed. God will continue to enrich you.

Yeah...
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Hum2020: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2019
Op for sometime you stop posting they progress you have made so far with your building project can you please post how far you have gone with this building thanks

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Rubbiish(m): 10:24am On Jun 16, 2019
drkay:

Thank you for this advice. I’m about to take similar decision. I remember he said that he has modified the plan on the first floor but He didn’t send it to me. I don’t know if he’ll release his own updated copy of the plan when I tell him my decision to get a new hand. It’s a 4brm duplex at decking stage and I plan to finish it up when next I visit Nigeria.
@bold is d guy that bad?
If u are not sure if he will release it, it is better u let him take the building above German, tell him to give u quotation to forming stage, which is above German floor or to window level, after which u can fire him. Because any engineer can continue from there. I will suggest u do this

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by drkay(m): 11:31am On Jun 16, 2019
Rubbiish:

@bold is d guy that bad?
If u are not sure if he will release it, it is better u let him take the building above German, tell him to give u quotation to forming stage, which is above German floor or to window level, after which u can fire him. Because any engineer can continue from there. I will suggest u do this
He’s a relative. I’m just thinking of possible issues that can occur when I withdraw his service from the site. I mayn’t have the luxury of time for drama once I’m on ground to complete it.
Thanks for the advice, that’s what I’ll do.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by folmus: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
Following
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 7:54am On Aug 01, 2019
Another 1,000 blocks
9 inches - 600 @ N155
6 inches - 400 @ N140
Total - 149,000
Note these prices includes delivery to site

Cement 13 Bags @ 2,650 = 34,450
Water = 5,000
Mobilization = 25,000 to balance 25,000 if he actually finishes the whole blocks
Total = 64,000

Total Blocks so far i bought for these house is 3,000

I just hope i dont buy again

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by temi4fash(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2019
Joshcoli:
Another 1,000 blocks
9 inches - 600 @ N155
6 inches - 400 @ N140
Total - 149,000
Note these prices includes delivery to site

Cement 13 Bags @ 2,650 = 34,450
Water = 5,000
Mobilization = 25,000 to balance 25,000 if he actually finishes the whole blocks
Total = 64,000

Total Blocks so far i bought for these house is 3,000

I just hope i dont buy again

God continue to provide for you.

How far is this location from Loto Bus stop.

Is it already very developed.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Timtol(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2019
Joshcoli:
This is the floor plan... 3 Bedroom ensuit with a laundry
Maybe I can add in sth here if allowed.
At the master bedroom where we have long wall, try and introduce another window making both to be at both sides Centralizing the wall with at least 1800mm to 2400mm for headboard...very very important for modern homes.
For the bedroom that isn't cross ventilated, introduce another window flushing to the wall at both sides with 900mm each making 1800mm in ratio if 1/2 to the wall length for ventilation sake,daylight and human convenience introducing a headboard wall.
The store will look like a tunnel immediately the door is locked and anything that can get spoilt with heat... Introduce a long window of at least 750mm by 600mm just for daylight in case there is no provision for electrical tools as means of daylight, client's factor in terms of cost should be put into consideration.

Way up bro.
God bless the work of your hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Timtol(m): 9:59am On Aug 08, 2019
Joshcoli:
Believe me some engineers are devil expecially these my engineers ... Because I decided to be on site the increase the cement mixture ratio just for the sake of wickedness. After these German floor is done I'm changing him ASAP
I encourage you to try and top it with sharp sand next time then rammer again, after that lay your DPM (polythene nylon) then for reinforcements sake,get Y3mm rod we call wire mesh been laid. While the concrete deals with comprehensive strength the wire mesh will deal with the tensile strength.

God bless you!
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2019
Timtol:

Maybe I can add in sth here if allowed.
At the master bedroom where we have long wall, try and introduce another window making both to be at both sides Centralizing the wall with at least 1800mm to 2400mm for headboard...very very important for modern homes.
For the bedroom that isn't cross ventilated, introduce another window flushing to the wall at both sides with 900mm each making 1800mm in ratio if 1/2 to the wall length for ventilation sake,daylight and human convenience introducing a headboard wall.
The store will look like a tunnel immediately the door is locked and anything that can get spoilt with heat... Introduce a long window of at least 750mm by 600mm just for daylight in case there is no provision for electrical tools as means of daylight, client's factor in terms of cost should be put into consideration.

Way up bro.
God bless the work of your hand.

You must be an architect for that fantastic observation...
I already asked my engineer to reconstruct that section before finally
working on the lintel

thanks for the input

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2019
Timtol:

I encourage you to try and top it with sharp sand next time then rammer again, after that lay your DPM (polythene nylon) then for reinforcements sake,get Y3mm rod we call wire mesh been laid. While the concrete deals with comprehensive strength the wire mesh will deal with the tensile strength.

God bless you!

I have passed that stage now... I just hope the walls dont crack, so far the building is at lintel level and no crack yet
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2019
Its being a while i posted here
the economy is not helping matters but we cant stop moving

I'm at the lintel stage now, so i asked my engineer to calculate how many iron rod (12m) will be needed
for the construction, he came back and told me 45 pieces. Well... i was very good at technical drawing
in school so i picked up the house plan and did my own calculations using his windows, toilet windows and doors length
to do my own calculations, and i came up with 16 pieces of 12m iron (i cant remember the diameters now but I'm think its y12). Just
imagine how much i would have dashed engineers.... grin grin grin

Please if you know nothing about building or technicality, dont do these calculations yourself. i made alot of consultations to my school friends
who are civil engineers and architect, they always advice me what to do and i also spend alot of time with them during school days so i know a
little about plans and house construction.

Never the less, there are sincere engineers but they are 3 to 100

the price of iron is not stable at all
so i bought 25 pieces of 12mm iron rod @2,450 = 61,250
Binding wire Quarter dosen = 3,000
20 tons of sharp sand = 55,000

total = 124,250

let me go and hustle again
and i cleared the grace for 5K

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Timtol(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
Joshcoli:

You must be an architect for that fantastic observation...
I already asked my engineer to reconstruct that section before finally
working on the lintel

thanks for the input
Yh! Architect.
Founder of Dioritestructures. grin
you can check the signature for more information

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Shimawa by Joshcoli(m): 11:27am On Sep 01, 2019
This week task
Bought extra Iron - 6 Pieces y12 - 14,700
15 boundle of rings - 12,000
3 boundles of angle rings - 1,800
Iron Bender workmanship - 15,000
carpenter - 55,000 (Carpenter Brought in his own woods)

Yesterday i was analyzing the house,
Never new it was so big... The roof will be tough due to the size of the house
I hope and pray for God to help me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) / Hello Isheri North Gra Opic Lovers,here We Are Better+2349030188831 / Price Of Roofing Sheets In Nigeria By GHAPH Roofing And Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.