Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? (12181 Views)

Can A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man? / Zakat Calculation On Money At Your Finger Tips. / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by mrhipup(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2019
abdulazeez1002:

Are you even a Muslim?
That's what I've been waiting for you to ask her cuz I don't think she is

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Amumaigwe: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
It is not permissible. But you can give them regular charity not obligatory charity (i.e zakaah) and to exhange gifts and with them and treat them well to soften their hearts towards Islam

If Islam truly believes that giving charity softens the receiver's heart towards the giver or his religion, how come Muslim Syrian refugees that were facing hunger, starvation and death yet rejected by rich Islamic nation's but were given refuge by European Union on compassionate grounds turned around and started carrying out terrrorism against their loving host country?
Does it mean that only Christians are wired to respond positively to acts of charity and not Islam? Please educate us more. You never can tell who you will win over.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Pidginwhisper: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2019
najib632:
The messenger of Allah S.A.W and Abubakar R.A. used to give Zakat to the non Muslims before he passed away. But Umar R.A. stopped it because during his time there was a larger population of Muslims and they deserved the zakat more than the disbelievers. Why give Zakat to unbelivers in the first place. Bunch of idiots.
Who are the disbelievers? Nazo terrorism dey start. You lots deserve a brain settings slaps for always contradicting Koran!

5 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Sterope(f): 9:25am On Apr 19, 2019
First of all, Syria is where it is thanks to other Arab nations, EU and America.

Why do we selectively when it comes to the real reasons terrorists are out there? Let's give kudos to those who fanned the uprisings, footed the bills, manufactured he weapons and those who are living fat off it.

Amumaigwe:

If Islam truly believes that giving charity softens the receiver's heart towards the giver or his religion, how come Muslim Syrian refugees that were facing hunger, starvation and death yet rejected by rich Islamic nation's but were given refuge by European Union on compassionate grounds turned around and started carrying out terrrorism against their loving host country?
Does it mean that only Christians are wired to respond positively to acts of charity and not Islam? Please educate us more. You never can tell who you will win over.
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Amumaigwe: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
First of all, Syria is where it is thanks to other Arab nations, EU and America.

Why do we selectively when it comes to the real reasons terrorists are out there? Let's give kudos to those who fanned the uprisings, footed the bills, manufactured he weapons and those who are living fat off it.

What are the real reason terrorists are out there?

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2019
It is permissible to give charity to non-Muslims and this action will be rewarded, if they are in need of it, but they should not be given the obligatory charity, i.e. zakaat, unless they are those whose hearts are to be softened (i.e., they are close to embracing Islam). It is a condition for giving charity to non-Muslims that they should not be involvied in fighting the Muslims or driving them from their homes, because charity in such cases would be seen as helping them to wage war against the Muslims.

(Fataawa Mutanawwi’ah by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 521).
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity. It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that Allaah forbids you to befriend them. And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the zaalimoon (wrong-doers – those who disobey Allaah.)” [al-Mumtahimah 60:8-9].

Muslims should seek first and foremost to give their charity to their Muslim brothers who are in need, and there are plenty of them. And Allaah knows best.
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 19, 2019
LOL...... My TEETH OOO

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by maasoap(m): 9:39am On Apr 19, 2019
sarahade:

Lol. Proof that charity is for anyone who needs it. You are a terrorist.

Who are you? You're rude and uncouth
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Afobear: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
It is not permissible. But you can give them regular charity not obligatory charity (i.e zakaah) and to exhange gifts and with them and treat them well to soften their hearts towards Islam
Terrorist ... Religion of peace that can't give peace to the people in need except they are same religion as them ...fvck off

9 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Victorini100(m): 9:53am On Apr 19, 2019
Richy150:
Can I give a non Muslim my Zakat?

Zakat is a form of alms-giving treated in Islam as a religious obligation or tax, which, by Quranic ranking, is next after prayer in importance. As one of the Five Pillars of Islam, zakat is a religious obligation for all Muslims who meet the necessary criteria of wealth. - Wikipedia
Fucking muslims

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by najib632(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
Who are the disbelievers? "Nazo terrorism dey start." You lots deserve a brain settings slaps for always contradicting Koran!
Those who do not believe in these words "La ilaa ha illa Llah Muhammadu RasululLah" are. How am I starting terrorism? How am I contradicting the Qur'an?
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:58am On Apr 19, 2019
wis3:
extremism grin
u be Muslim lol
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by najib632(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2019
Afobear:
Terrorist ... Religion of peace that can't give peace to the people in need except they are same religion as them ...fvck off
You have a serious problem, Zakat is a tax Sadaqa is charity. The messenger of Allah S.A.W and Abubakar R.A used to give both to the Muslims and non Muslims. But Umar R.A. stopped giving the non Muslims during his time because the population of Muslims were far more than that of the non Muslims during his time and hence more poor people from the Muslims and also wealth is required for a stable governance of a large population. Still the non Muslims enjoy charity from the Muslims and Justice... You see this was why almost everyone in Arabia became a Muslim... Until tyrants came into the picture and spread fitnah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Vulcanheph(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2019
So Christians can give alms to Muslims without any strings attached ( mind you these Muslim beggars are everywhere... Markets, restaurants, main roads etc) but a Muslim can only give alms to Christians only if he wants to soften his/her hearts towards Islam, meaning that the only way a Muslim can give to a non muslim is when he wants them to convert...... Na wah oooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Sterope(f): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2019
http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=24231

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_profiteering

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.quora.com/Does-the-US-create-international-conflicts-in-order-to-sell-its-arms-to-make-money&ved=2ahUKEwibsb6a5dvhAhXJalAKHbDZCycQjjgwEXoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw07uOoYZI5dPRB0zMSfhgPB&cshid=1555664715805

Now, I don't go about blaming Christians, white male Christians. Because the people who have greatly contributed to these wars are either practicing Christians or are culturally Christians despite the fact that majority of the victims are also Muslims.

Amumaigwe:

What are the real reason terrorists are out there?
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Sterope(f): 10:11am On Apr 19, 2019
Zakat is not any type of alms. It is obligatory that is it is a religious requirement just like tithe.

A Muslim can give out casual alms to anyone he wishes but not zakat.

Vulcanheph:
So Christians can give alms to Muslims without any strings attached ( mind you these Muslim beggars are everywhere... Markets, restaurants, main roads etc) but a Muslim can only give alms to Christians only if he wants to soften his/her hearts towards Islam, meaning that the only way a Muslim can give to a non muslim is when he wants them to convert...... Na wah oooo

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Afobear: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2019
najib632:
You have a serious problem, Zakat is a tax Sadaqa is charity. The messenger of Allah S.A.W and Abubakar R.A used to give both to the Muslims and non Muslims. But Umar R.A. stopped giving the non Muslims during his time because the population of Muslims were far more than that of the non Muslims during his time and hence more poor people from the Muslims and also wealth is required for a stable governance of a large population. Still the non Muslims enjoy charity from the Muslims and Justice... You see this was why almost everyone in Arabia became a Muslim... Until tyrants came into the picture and spread fitnah.
Shit
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
You clearly don't no what Zakat is. Call me what you like, it's a common practice of the Kafir to Muslim.

The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to Mu`adh [in the authentic hadith, reported by Bukhari 1365, Muslim 26-27, and elsewhere], ‘Tell them that they are obliged to give a charity (i.e. zakat) that is taken from their rich and given to their poor.’

“The Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) specified the Muslims as giving it to their poor, just as he specified that it is only obligatory on their rich.” [Ibn Qudama, al-Mughni, 2.1774]

The hadith commentators mention that their above refers to ‘the Muslims,’ in both cases. This is how Imam Kasani explained it in his Bada’i` al-Sana’i` in Hanafi fiqh.

You are no more than a kafir

Spreading your fake knowledge of the faith

Zakat can be given to all so please shut up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by wis3(m): 10:28am On Apr 19, 2019
LiveByNight:

You are no lore than a kafir

Spreading your fake knowledge of the faith

Zakat can be given to all so please shut up
I don't even know how this is debatable. For crying out loud we are humans first before we are Muslim of Christians. I'm a Muslim and I know Christians who are kind hearted and more compassionate towards Muslims than some people that claim to be Muslims towards their fellow Muslims

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by IMAliyu(m): 10:38am On Apr 19, 2019
Victorini100:
Fucking muslims
Must you comment?
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by IMAliyu(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2019
Vulcanheph:
Charity and zakkat are two different things.
Zakkat is an obligatory religious tax we give to those in worse situations than us.
On the other hand you can give charity to anyone you want at your own free volution.

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
You clearly don't no what Zakat is. Call me what you like, it's a common practice of the Kafir to Muslim.

The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to Mu`adh [in the authentic hadith, reported by Bukhari 1365, Muslim 26-27, and elsewhere], ‘Tell them that they are obliged to give a charity (i.e. zakat) that is taken from their rich and given to their poor.’

“The Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) specified the Muslims as giving it to their poor, just as he specified that it is only obligatory on their rich.” [Ibn Qudama, al-Mughni, 2.1774]

The hadith commentators mention that their above refers to ‘the Muslims,’ in both cases. This is how Imam Kasani explained it in his Bada’i` al-Sana’i` in Hanafi fiqh.

I think somebody is getting something wrong here

During the time of the prophet and the era of the 5 rightly guilded caliphs, zakat was mandatory upon all the rich irrespective of their faith. So the hadith u quoted is correct in saying that the zakat is collected from their rich (this includes both Muslims and nonmuslims) and given to 'their poor' (which also includes Muslims and non Muslims) This is my understanding

So do according to what please you, after all actions shall be judged according to intention

sarahade sister pls take it on abdulazeez1002

You can make effort to educate him

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by danniyal(m): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2019
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by fredoooooo: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2019
Humanity not religion.. humanity first

3 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by udatso: 11:15am On Apr 19, 2019
Vulcanheph:
You only see what your eyes want to see. Are you seriously going to pretend that you didn't see this below
Sterope:
Zakat is not any type of alms. It is obligatory that is it is a religious requirement just like tithe.

A Muslim can give out casual alms to anyone he wishes but not zakat.

papiforreal:
It is permissible to give charity to non-Muslims and this action will be rewarded, if they are in need of it, but they should not be given the obligatory charity, i.e. zakaat, unless they are those whose hearts are to be softened (i.e., they are close to embracing Islam). It is a condition for giving charity to non-Muslims that they should not be involvied in fighting the Muslims or driving them from their homes, because charity in such cases would be seen as helping them to wage war against the Muslims.

(Fataawa Mutanawwi’ah by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 521).
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity. It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that Allaah forbids you to befriend them. And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the zaalimoon (wrong-doers – those who disobey Allaah.)” [al-Mumtahimah 60:8-9].

Muslims should seek first and foremost to give their charity to their Muslim brothers who are in need, and there are plenty of them. And Allaah knows best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by udatso: 11:18am On Apr 19, 2019
wis3:
I don't even know how this is debatable. For crying out loud we are humans first before we are Muslim of Christians. I'm a Muslim and I know Christians who are kind hearted and more compassionate towards Muslims than some people that claim to be Muslims towards their fellow Muslims
And you think sadaqah is not enough
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by lettalktrue(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2019
sarahade:

What is this one saying oga go and sit down.
It is crystal clear that your obsession with Islam is fortified with hatred and ignorance.
you are not even a muslim but rush to make abusive comments on islamic thread every friday.You better stop this nonsense, your hatred will not take you anywhere.
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by lettalktrue(m): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2019
Vulcanheph:
can you also give muslims your tithe?

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by wis3(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2019
udatso:

And you think sadaqah is not enough
you're giving preference to a particular set of people because of their faith. It just negates everything.
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Firebomber: 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
IMAliyu:

Charity and zakkat are two different things.
Zakkat is an obligatory religious tax we give to those in worse situations than us.
On the other hand you can give charity to anyone you want at your own free volution.

So Christian that are in worsen situation than you are entitle to it? What a religion.

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by IMAliyu(m): 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2019
Firebomber:

So Christian that are in worsen situation than you are entitle to it? What a religion.
Worse situation (sick, poor etc.)
Zakkat is usually calculated as 2.5% of your annual wealth
If a Christian is in that situation and you have no one to give it to then, yes.
The money is usually meant to lift the poor in the community out of poverty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday / Soldiers Watch As Eid-Al-Fitr Prayers In Borno Holds. PICS / The Challenge Of Christmas For Many Muslim Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.