Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,101 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? (12182 Views)

Can A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man? / Zakat Calculation On Money At Your Finger Tips. / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by sarahade(f): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
najib632:
You're a mature woman please stop behaving like you're still a child. You accused me of being a terrorist sometime ago, I will still ask you the same question I asked you then, where on Nairaland have you ever seen my quotes promoting terrorism?
To proceed:
Since you won't accept hadith then let's use logic. Let's say you have you want to give your zakat and you have a poor brother who loves you and is not rebellious to you, then you take your Zakat and give it to a poor person who doesn't really like you and is only tolerating you because you're richer than him. What will be considered of you?

So anyone not practicing islam is your enemy. Like our religion defines who we are.
Like i said before you are a terrorist and i will keep calling you all out
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by udatso: 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
najib632:
Let us be civil please. Lemme educate you a little about the Khulafaa'u Rashidun R.A:

The mission of Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him), like that of the earlier messengers of God, was to call people to the worship of and submission to the One True God. In practice, submission to God means to obey His injunctions as given in the Holy Qur'an and as exemplified by Sunnah (the practice of the Prophet). As successor to the Prophet, the Caliph was the head of the Muslim community and his primary responsibility was to continue in the path of the Prophet. Since religion was perfected and the door of Divine revelation was closed at the death of the Prophet, the Caliph was to make all laws in accordance with the Qur'an and the Sunnah. He was a ruler over Muslims but not their sovereign since sovereignty belongs to God alone. He was to be obeyed as long as he obeyed God. He was responsible for creating and maintaining conditions under which it would be easy for Muslims to live according to Islamic principles, and to see that justice was done to all.

From this hadith:
The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) advised the Muslims saying, “I admonish you to fear Allah, to listen and obey even if an Abyssinian slave is appointed as your leader. Because whosoever among you shall live after me, will see much discord. So hold fast to my Sunnah and the examples of the Rightly- Guided Caliphs who will come after me. Adhere to them and hold to it fast” (Abu Dawud & Tirmidhi).

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said, “Abu Bakr will go to Paradise, Umar will go to Paradise, Uthman will go to Paradise, Ali will go to Paradise” (Abu Dawud).

The scholars of the Orthodox creed or Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah have agreed that the Righteous guided Khulafah are Abubakar R.A, Umar R.A, Uthman R.A. and Ali R.A. And why do they agree that they're the rightly guided khulafa? Because they were not only leaders but righteous slaves of Allah who lived simple lives. Almost all the others that came after them behaved like emporers and kings. This was prophesied by the Prophet (pbuh) himself when he said, “The caliphate of Prophecy will last thirty years; then Allah will give the Kingdom to whom He wishes” (Abu Dawud). This calculates perfectly among the four caliphs: Abu Bakr – 2 years; Umar – 10 years; Uthman – 12 years; and Ali – 5 years and 9 months. Ali’s son Hasan was caliph for about 6 months after him before giving it up to Mu’awiyah for the sake of unity and peace, thereby, completing 30 years.

After that:
Defending Umar R.A. from your accusations:
The messenger of Allah S.A.W said this about Umar R.A:
Prophet (pbuh) once said, “If there were to be a Prophet after me, it would have been Umar bin Al-Khattab” (Tirmidhi)

In another hadith, it is reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said, “There had been among the people before you inspired persons and if there were any such among my nation, Umar b. Khattab would be one of them” (Muslim).

He was also a very devout Muslim, hence, he “insisted that his appointed governors live simple lives, keep no guard at their doors and be accessible to the people at all times, and he himself set the example for them”.

During his reign Allah blessed the Muslims with us victory over our enemies the two super powers as at that time the Persian and Byzantine empires. With the fall of the Persians and Weakening of Byzantines the area of governance for the Muslims grew and hence a larger amount of wealth is needed to finance the affairs of the Islamic state. The people of Persia and Byzantine started embracing Islam at a very fast rate because of the Justice they enjoyed from the Muslims, an example is the Christian man who travelled all the way from Egypt to report injustice to Umar R.A. in Medina and How the Christians built Catapults for the Muslims when fighting against the Byzantines and many others. This rapid growth had caused Umar R.A. to be economical about giving out Zakat to the non Muslims when the population of the Muslims were much more than theirs. Although the non Muslims enjoyed sadaqa and Justice from the Muslims. To such an extent that the Jews and Christians used the Shari'ah Law more even though they had their own courts. So do not blame Umar R.A. for preferring Muslims over non Muslims, doing the opposite will be against the book of Allah and the Sunnah of Muhammad S.A.W which will make him a munafiq. Have you ever in authentic history heard that Umar R.A was accused of corruption and injustice? Did the Muslims rebel after questioning him? By Allah Umar al-Farooq R.A. did the right thing, a man of truth and justice.
Assalamu alaykum ya akh. I find your reply very disturbing. Without knowing, you have just told everyone here that even though rasul was the last Messenger of Allah, the khulafa are authorized to change the teachings of the rasul (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam)
In summary, you are saying the khulafau rashidun were so pious that they could make laws (shariah) or even ammend what rasul gave to the ummah?
If that's the case you are contradicting alot without even realising it.
I would like to see the hadith that supports this
The messenger of Allah S.A.W and Abubakar R.A used to give both to the Muslims and non Muslims. But Umar R.A. stopped giving the non Muslims during his time because the population of Muslims were far more than that of the non Muslims during his time and hence more poor people from the Muslims and also wealth is required for a stable governance of a large population.
I believe there has to be be a better explanation than what you have given here. Allah knows best
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by sarahade(f): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Nobody said you can't help Non-muslims but Zakat is given to muslims only. We have millions of poor Muslims, why would you give Zakat to a non Muslim, it's even common sense.

And you are talking about your understanding. While it's even clear. Go and ask any good scholar.

How can she make effort to educate me when she haven't or know any Hadith or Quran.

I follow Quran and Hadith not whims and desires

I follow the quran not some hadith you all create to justify your evil intentions. Quran is the word of allah not hadith.

And common sense is giving to the poor. Stop creating enemies when you have none
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
sarahade:

I follow the quran not some hadith you all create to justify your evil intentions. Quran is the word of allah not hadith.

And common sense is giving to the poor. Stop creating enemies when you have non.
All the Hadith I quote, I always gives reference. And somebody also Quoted Quran.
So you don't follow Hadith?

Nobody is saying you shouldn't help Non-muslims, but Zakat is for Muslims. We have millions of poor Muslims

But Are you even a Muslim?
I doubt, you don't even quote any Quranic verse or Hadith when talking
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by najib632(m): 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
sarahade:

So anyone not practicing islam is your enemy. Like our religion defines who we are.
Like i said before you are a terrorist and i will keep calling you all out
You are refusing to reason realistically, Zakat can be given to anyone as long as the conditions of Muslims are addressed first. I am talking only about Zakat and not charity, let us take a look at history in the 19th century between 1845-1852 one of the last Khalifah of the Muslims sultan Abdul Majid I, helped save the Irish people from perishing by helping them with food, money and supplies worth £10,000 during the great famine. The queen of England gave them only £2,000. This act of charity(Sadaqa) saved over 1,000,000 people from perishing. Now Zakat(tithe) is to be shared amongst the poor of the Muslims but if the conditions of Muslims is ok then Zakat can be given to anyone, but charity can be given to anyone of any faith at anytime. Allah knows best
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by najib632(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
udatso:
Assalamu alaykum ya akh. I find your reply very disturbing. Without knowing, you have just told everyone here that even though rasul was the last Messenger of Allah, the khulafa are authorized to change the teachings of the rasul (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam)
In summary, you are saying the khulafau rashidun were so pious that they could make laws (shariah) or even ammend what rasul gave to the ummah?
If that's the case you are contradicting alot without even realising it.
I would like to see the hadith that supports this
The messenger of Allah S.A.W and Abubakar R.A used to give both to the Muslims and non Muslims. But Umar R.A. stopped giving the non Muslims during his time because the population of Muslims were far more than that of the non Muslims during his time and hence more poor people from the Muslims and also wealth is required for a stable governance of a large population.
I believe there has to be be a better explanation than what you have given here. Allah knows best
No one has the rights to change the decree of Allah. No one! Understanding that Zakat can be given to non Muslims provided that the Muslims have been giving first. So please read on and understand Umar R.A. actions.
Firstly you have to understand this hadith:
The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) advised the Muslims saying, “I admonish you to fear Allah, to listen and obey even if an Abyssinian slave is appointed as your leader. Because whosoever among you shall live after me, will see much discord. So hold fast to my Sunnah and the examples of the Rightly- Guided Caliphs who will come after me. Adhere to them and hold to it fast” (Abu Dawud & Tirmidhi).

Here in this hadith it shows that the messenger of Allah S.A.W is telling the Muslims to follow his righteous successors. Umar R.A is one of the most foresighted Sahaba he is the only person apart from Ali R.A. that was ranked by the prophet Muhammad S.A.W to the status of a prophet although there would be no prophet after him. From these Ahadith:

Prophet (pbuh) once said, “If there were to be a Prophet after me, it would have been Umar bin Al-Khattab” (Tirmidhi)

In another hadith, it is reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said, “There had been among the people before you inspired persons and if there were any such among my nation, Umar b. Khattab would be one of them” (Muslim).

Once you understand the intelligence of Umar R.A. and his virtue then you will not disagree with him. He acted in the interest of Islam and the Muslims. Did you want Allah to have questioned Umar R.A. about how he preferred non Muslims over Muslims? And I want you to note something clearly as I have stated before the poor non Muslims were in a lesser number than the Muslims and he stopped giving them Zakat only and not Sadaqa. Do you expect him to give them when had not giving the Muslims yet? He's the khalifah of the Muslims the Muslims have more right to benefit from Islam than non Muslims, I know you would agree with me on this. From the Qur'an Allah says the Muslims are a family to each other:
Allah said:

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَ أَخَوَيْكُمْ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ

The believers are but brothers, so make reconciliation between your brothers and fear Allah that you may receive mercy.

Surat al-Hujurat 49:10

And Allah said:

وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلَا تَفَرَّقُوا وَاذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنتُمْ أَعْدَاءً فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُم بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَانًا

Hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. Remember the favor of Allah upon you, when you were enemies and he brought your hearts together and you became brothers by his favor.

Surat Ali Imran 3:103

وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتُ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ ۚ يَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَيُطِيعُونَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ سَيَرْحَمُهُمُ اللَّهُ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ

The believing men and believing women are allies of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and establish prayer and give charity and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have mercy upon them, for Allah is Almighty and Wise.

Surat al-Tawba 9:71

and also from the hadith the messenger of Allah S.A.W said the family should be looked after firtst before others:
It was reported that Wahb said:

“A freed slave of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr said to him, ‘I want to go and spend this month there in Jerusalem.’ He said, ‘Have you left enough for your family to live on during this month?’ He said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Then go back to your family and leave them what they need, for I heard the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying: “It is enough sin for a man not to give food to the one whom he is supposed to feed.”’”

(Reported by Ahmad, 2/160; Abu Dawood, 1692).

Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will ask everyone who has been given responsibility about whatever he was responsible for, until He asks a man about his family.” (Reported by Ibn Hibaan).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

“I heard the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying, ‘By Allaah, if one of you were to get up in the morning and carry firewood on his back, and sell it and meet his own needs from the money and give some away in charity, this would be better for him than coming to a man and begging from him, and either being given something or not. The upper hand (the one which gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes), and start with those for whom you are responsible.” (Reported by Muslim, 3/96).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A dinar that you spend in the way of Allaah, a dinar that you spend to free a slave, a dinar that you give to the poor, and a dinar that you spend on your family – the greatest of these is the one that you spend on your family. “ (reported by Muslim, 2/692).

So you see Umar R.A. had a higher knowledge and it would require a scholarly study to know about some of his decisions. In conclusion Umar R.A. acted according to the Quran and Hadith. Umar R.A in his great wisdom regarded himself as a father over the Muslims and friend to the friendly non Muslims. Watch this video for more understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbfNRkIwUtg

Allah knows best.
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by sarahade(f): 12:22am On Apr 21, 2019
najib632:
You are refusing to reason realistically, Zakat can be given to anyone as long as the conditions of Muslims are addressed first. I am talking only about Zakat and not charity, let us take a look at history in the 19th century between 1845-1852 one of the last Khalifah of the Muslims sultan Abdul Majid I, helped save the Irish people from perishing by helping them with food, money and supplies worth £10,000 during the great famine. The queen of England gave them only £2,000. This act of charity(Sadaqa) saved over 1,000,000 people from perishing. Now Zakat(tithe) is to be shared amongst the poor of the Muslims but if the conditions of Muslims is ok then Zakat can be given to anyone, but charity can be given to anyone of any faith at anytime. Allah knows best

Mtcheew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday / Soldiers Watch As Eid-Al-Fitr Prayers In Borno Holds. PICS / The Challenge Of Christmas For Many Muslim Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.