Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,942 members, 7,841,617 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Use Your Tongue To Glorify GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Use Your Tongue To Glorify GOD (230 Views)

He Wants To Glorify You Too! / 8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe / 3 Powerful Things Your Tongue Will Do To Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use Your Tongue To Glorify GOD by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 13, 2019
Good morning Beloved

Use your tongue to glorify GOD

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

Beloved, the tongue is a little part of our whole body but its effect is enormous. Its function is two-faced.

To glorify GOD, to bless others, to preach the world, to give praise and worship to GOD, to pray, to edify, to encourage, to instruct, to rebuke and correct and so on.

Or

It can be used to displease GOD, to curse others, to speak vanities, to judge and critically criticise, to abuse, to sing songs which does glorify GOD and so on.

The tongue is a deadly poison which can kill, it is a little fire that kindle great fires. It is also made of evil. Evil proceeds from it. It defiles man. It destroy much good.

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison

The tongue can also be used unto edification, to bless GOD and our fellow man.

3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

This is how powerful the tongue is. The tongue carries authority and whatever you say comes out, you can not tame it, this is the reason for you to be careful of what you say.

Beloved, I enjoin to show good conversation, glorifying GOD with your tongue. Use your tongue unto edification, use it to encourage others, use it as an instrument of worship and praise to GOD. Let your tongue glorify GOD.

Beloved, abstain and forsake vain conversation, abuse, cursing, gossip. Know you that whatsoever you speak is like an egg falling to the ground, it can not be taken back. Be careful of what you say. If you know what your tongue can do to life and destinies, you will learn to control it. It bringeth forth life and death.

James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

As a child of GOD, it is not supposed to be that you are cursing and blessing with your tongue. Be wise and use your tongue to glorify GOD and edify others.

Beloved, I want you to be wise therefore using your tongue to glorify GOD. Put it under subjection,
(1 Corinthians 9:27a But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection), this is reason for you to renew your mind on a daily basis because from your heart and mind proceeds whatever you say. Whatever you say is what you have conceived within you. Always renew your mind on a daily basis with the Word of GOD.

3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Be wise!!! Use your tongue to glorify GOD and edify others.

The grace of the Lord be with you.

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

(1) (Reply)

Mary Magdalene Was One Of The Women Who Went To Jesus Grave, Was She Prostitute / Draw Near To GOD / Don’t Indulge In Gossip While Plaiting Hair Or Painting Fingernails, Pope Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.