Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? (36854 Views)

Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law / Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 8:45am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:
Engineering undergraduates study old theories from Way past generation, that is of little relevance to modern engineering. The university system teach so many calculation, and almost nothing on how to apply these mathematics to solve real life problems.

Many of theories learned aren't useless jargon, since we arent taught how to praticalise most of those knowledge, 99.99% of all engineering graduate would have forgotten what they learned by the time they graduate.
We only remember what is useful to us, what help us get through, or things we do constantly. Everything else, our brain trashes it.

Its quiet disturbing Most of the engineering student only read to pass. Which makes one question, are we in school only to pass some paper? If so, modern technology would not have existed at all.
Our primary purpose of studying engineering is to apply scientific discoveries to solve practical problems in the society. But unfortunately the system only made us to study only for grade.
Without practicing what we learn our brain will eventually discard everything as useless

An average engineering graduate does not remember 90% of what he learned in five years, I tried to go through some of my jottings from 300l, i was suprised because it all seem strange to me.. i couldn't remember a thing from the calculations l did with my own hand. A friend of my who have have a very much good grade have the same experience.

Apart from the abstractions of studying engineering in nigeria, most of the curriculum is old, we spent so much time studying theories that should be thought as a mere history. No wonder there havent been any groundbreaking engineering achievement from Nigerian universities

Majority of the engineering jobs that involve applying engineering maneuver will be given to foreigners. Innoson motor employs foreigners to do All of its engineering design, our Nigerian graduate work as if they are
mere technician. Engineering graduate will never apply most of the theories they learn at school. lot of our graduate who are lucky to find job in engineering companies work as a maintenance engineer. Whenever they need new designs or innovation, they hire foreigners to do the job, this is quite sad in my opinion. They have made mockery of 5 years of lifes. Quite sad
All these copy and past people, will just start insulting people on line
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:

Olodo, what has ur house got to do with this , re-read again,or did your NOKIA 3210 go off, let me also finish ur data
i already see you have a very low IQ.. and very backward you belong to the 1800 generation... there is no place for you in modern world...

With the way you think and arrive at your conclusion, i am most certainly sure you are a poor man.. poor financially, poor mentally.. its over for you.. this will be my last reply to you. Mentally deranged lowlife

Keep staying there and be talking nonsense.. youths who have no degree in science are making a name for themselves in Nigerian techworld .. some have made it all the way to silicon valley from eg paystack these are people who are self thought. No degree or nothing in computer science yet the system churn out graduates every year who cant even do programming

Last week, i met a worked who had a perfect cgpa of 7.0 at teamapt lekki.... he told me he only likes to do graphic design and not programming.. he isnt the only first class student that have told me they dont like programming .
Apparently they have all been doing old and outdated programming on piece of paper.

Elon musk said it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QbVkyi8yc
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2019
[s]
Dothraki:
i already see you have a very low IQ.. and very backward you belong to the 1800 generation... there is no place for you in modern world...

With the way you think and arrive at your conclusion, i am most certainly sure you are a poor man.. poor financially, poor mentally.. its over for you.. this will be my last reply to you. Mentally deranged lowlife

Keep staying there and be talking nonsense.. youths who have no degree in science are making a name for themselves in Nigerian techworld .. some have made it all the way to silicon valley from eg paystack these are people who are self thought. No degree or nothing in computer science yet the system churn out graduates every year who cant even do programming

Last week, i met a worked who had a perfect cgpa of 7.0 at teamapt lekki.... he told me he only likes to do graphic design and not programming.. he isnt the only first class student that have told me they dont like programming .
Apparently they have all been doing old and outdated programming on piece of paper.

Elon musk said it better [/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QbVkyi8yc
FYI, I ain't poor and uneducated, if you must know I work for a high tech coy in the Uk and we are a world leader in fluid mechanics and what we do, Im not going to bore you with that one plus I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of arguing within wanna B like you.with two clicks I just found out you copied this post from someone else's work on facebook and accredited it to yourself. You could not even comprehend the write up so as to make the right arguments. All you did was copy and paste not even bothering understanding what the initial writer meant.
just so you know here is where you copied it from.

https://www.facebook.com/376307829183969/posts/engineering-undergraduates-study-old-theories-from-way-past-generation-that-is-o/1336786113136131/

STOP STEALING other people's work

1 Like

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:
[s]
FYI, I ain't poor and uneducated, if you must know I work for a high tech coy in the Uk and we are a world leader in fluid mechanics and what we do, Im not going to bore you with that one plus I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of arguing within wanna B like you.with two clicks I just found out you copied this post from someone else's work on facebook and accredited it to yourself. You could not even comprehend the write up so as to make the right arguments. All you did was copy and paste not even bothering understanding what the initial writer meant.
just so you know here is where you copied it from.

https://www.facebook.com/376307829183969/posts/engineering-undergraduates-study-old-theories-from-way-past-generation-that-is-o/1336786113136131/

STOP STEALING other people's work

what the fck are you talking about?... pleaae show the souce.. i wrote all these myself .. you fool..

I have never copied anyone.. nor why will l plagiarize someone else to make a point on a faceless forum

I have no intention of replying you ..but i HATE intellectual dishonesty

Please post the source you jobless man...... i am sure you are frustrated already with your inability to get a good job.

If not for privacy concern.. i would have give you proof about who i am... i am not your lowlife copy paste lying idiot like yourself

I pay ssalaries
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 10:27am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:
what the Bleep are you talking about... pleaae show the souce.. i wrote all these myself .. you fool..

I have never copied anyone.. why will l plagiarize someone else to make a point on a faceless forum

I have no intention of replying but i HATE intellectual dishonesty

Please post the source you jobless man......
Here sir the source as requested
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:

Here sir the source as requested

you idiotic slowpoke

That was submitted on april 14..

I wrote mine on april 13 you idiot.. your source plagiarized me

You idiotic slowpoke

Everyone here can see you are

1.Poor mentality
2 Poor financially
3.poor intellectually

Idiot

1 Like

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:

you idiotic slowpoke

That was submitted on april 14..

I wrote mine on april 13 you idiot.. your source plagiarized me

You idiotic slowpoke

Everyone here can see you are

1.Poor mentality
2 Poor financially
3.poor intellectually

Idiot
that article was written years ago and facebook dates are not fixed plus you think you are clever you are here trying to tell me that guy copied ur work right?
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:

that article was written years ago
does this look like last year to you??

Keep disgracing yourself and keep showing people how incredibly stupid and dumb you are

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:
does this look like last year to you??
[s]

Keep disgracing yourself and keep showing people how incredibly stupid and dumb you are[/s]
Oh you found it , SO YOU ARE SAYING HE COPIED YOUR WORK RIGHT? HE HAS A PHONE NUMBER THERE YOU KNOW
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:

Oh you found it , SO YOU ARE SAYING HE COPIED YOUR WORK RIGHT? HE HAS A PHONE NUMBER THERE YOU KNOW
you are a complete idiot

A the sad representative of a typical Nigerian graduate. You dont even know how to arrive at a logical conclusion

A visit to the said link will reveal the date

Also this is what a post from 2018 or year below will show

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:
you are a complete idiot

[s]A the sad representative of a typical Nigerian graduate. You dont even know how to arrive at a logical conclusion

A visit to the said link will reveal the date

Also this is what a post from 2018 or year below will show[/s]
Well surprise surprise, I have called his number and he says you are a THIEF and if you are brave you should call him, he is there in Nigeria with you
FYI,My education was concluded in the UK unlike you who had non, I went fru you entire post and I can tell,I know you are accessing NL via your cheap china phone and it wont let you do the needful! Only POOR PEOPLE CALL PEOPLE POOR cos of complex.
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:

Well surprise surprise, I have called his number and he says you are a THIEF and if you are brave you should call him, he is there in Nigeria with you
FYI,My education was concluded in the UK unlike you who had non, I went fru you entire post and I can tell,I know you are accessing NL via your cheap china phone and it wont let you do the needful! Only POOR PEOPLE CALL PEOPLE POOR cos of complex.
again keep disgracing yourself, keep showing the world how unreasonable you are .. keep on proving how dumb a Nigerian graduate can be ... keep on displaying ignorance

I posted my article here on 7:18pm On Apr 13,

It made front page the same day

One lowlife posted it the april 14, 2pm which is the next day

You say i plagiarize him... its sad the Nigeria education system can make a low IQ idiot you a graduate ...

All the evidence is right in front of you.. you choose stupidity

Mentally poor
Financially poor
Intellectually poor

So sad people like you can call themselves a graduate

.. its funny how you change quickly from nokia 3310 to cheap china phone.. thanks for your upgrade

Btw.. browsing nairaland from my Samsung s9+
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:
again keep disgracing yourself, keep showing the world how unreasonable you are .. keep on proving how [s]dumb a Nigerian graduate can be ... keep on displaying ignorance

I posted my article here on 7:18pm On Apr 13,

It made front page the same day

One lowlife posted it the april 14, 2pm which is the next day

You say i plagiarize him... its sad the Nigeria education system can make a low IQ idiot you a graduate ...

All the evidence is right in front of you.. you choose stupidity

Mentally poor
Financially poor
Intellectually poor

So sad people like you can call themselves a graduate

.. its funny how you change quickly from nokia 3310 to cheap china phone.. thanks for your upgrade

Btw.. browsing nairaland from my Samsung s9[/s]+
Og SCAm call they guy, his number is on the webpage if you get mind. This was how you bosted you made 50 million from scam and your gf B like winch!
PS I do not brows with my phone, I just do it on my laptop, anyways, I know how to exhaust credits of folks like you 50 million my backside
Samsung S9+ with 2g tech ahahah grin grin

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by suchmuch: 11:19am On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2019
suchmuch:
but why would anyone call the guy when you can see a clear proof here, he guy actually posted it here before the Facebook guy, This is easy for anyone to see nah
Smh for you ooo
So you are seriously telling me you do not know how to alter your facebook post? are you 4 REAL
That guy says he is a THIEF o n his previous post he called himself a fraudster,have you gone fru his post to see whate he wrote in 2017? its Idiota like him that gives us Nigerians abroad the bad image we have right about now so do not hold any brief for this self-confessed fraudstar,

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:

So you are seriously telling me you do not know how to alter your facebook post? are you 4 REAL
That guy says he is a THIEF o n his previous post he called himself a fraudster,have you gone fru his post to see whate he wrote in 2017? its Idiota like him that gives us Nigerians abroad the bad image we have right about now so do not hold any brief for this self-confessed fraudstar,
it shows how idiotic you are...

How do can someone alter the date of a facebook post?.. if you check the link, you will see the date, that one was altered too?

So you are tellin me the guy originally wrote it , but he altered the post so that the date can me falsified?

I think every sane nairalander can see the stupidity and low iq in you..
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:
it shows how idiotic you are...

How do can someone alter the date of a facebook post?.. if you check the link the date where it was clear there.. was that one altered too?

So you are tellin me the guy originally wrote it but he altered the post so that the date can me falsified?

I think every sane nairalander can see the stupidity and low iq in you..

I know why you result in i nsults, i went to your post and dug this out, I know you thought it was deleted but I know different

Dothraki:
Yesterday is one of the saddest day in my life.... I failed a test that I could have easily passed and this is the second time missed a golden opportunity in my life

It was an extremely easy networking setup test, I have done things that is more complex than it
But my problem is that I am always scared of failure ....
I

Two months ago During my IT(industrial training) I always say things that makes me looks stupid, my boss thinks I am nothing but idiot, and everyone always misunderstood me...
I always have to clarify myself each time I speak

I have a low self esteem
I don't want to continue living like this...... I really need your help

Feel free to bash me... Everyone does this to me .... I won't get mad or take it personal

Thanks

You even managed to call yourself and IDIOT and waht your boss thinks of you is right and I concur too
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 19, 2019
Eriko2k2, obviously you have been dying for attention.. unfortunately i have no more time to waste here .. i have more pressing things to do... its of no use for anyone to argue with you... you have already displayed your enormous stupidity here ... and l have already exposed your stupidity

It will be unwise and unhealthy to continue to argue with a monkey brain like you...

The truth is obviously available for anyone to see.. this will be my last reply to you. Mr eriko the self acclaimed fool from UK

Bye bye
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:

I know why you result in i nsults, i went to your post and dug this out, I know you thought it was deleted but I know different

Dothraki:
Yesterday is one of the saddest day in my life.... I failed a test that I could have easily passed and this is the second time missed a golden opportunity in my life

It was an extremely easy networking setup test, I have done things that is more complex than it
But my problem is that I am always scared of failure ....
I

Two months ago During my IT(industrial training) I always say things that makes me looks stupid, my boss thinks I am nothing but idiot, and everyone always misunderstood me...
I always have to clarify myself each time I speak

I have a low self esteem
I don't want to continue living like this...... I really need your help

Feel free to bash me... Everyone does this to me .... I won't get mad or take it personal

Thanks

You even managed to call yourself and IDIOT and waht your boss thinks of you is right and I concur too
what i posted here has nothing to do with anything... i was an intern at the time... like any young person with goal.. it later happened that l only misinterpreted my boss and now he is a business partner

What i have achieved since 2017 and 2019 you cant achieve half of in 20 years time.. and this is a fact

Sad but true

Sombody quoted me, and for that you feel like an fbi... if you actually studied in UK, i feel bad for you and whatever institution you graduated from.. you keept moving back and forth after you have been proven to be an idiot... Congratulations
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:
what i posted here has nothing to do with anything... i was an intern at the time... like any young person with goal.. it later happened that l only misinterpreted my boss and now he is a business partner

What i have achieved since 2017 and 2019 you cant achieve half of in 20 years time.. and this is a fact

Sad but true
Oh you mean like the 50 million you bosted you got fru fraud as listed by your humble self here?

... by Dothraki: 9:13am On Apr 17
Sequel thread about the death of a first class student of DELSU that was reportedly killed by yahoo boys, l cant help but feel the need to educate the public about the truth about internet fraud.

Before i start. This account is my anonymous account that i use to Express myself freely and l am extremely careful to make sure i did not leave anything that will trace back to me.

I am an example of internet fraudster, and i have made over 50 million naira from internet fraud since i started 2016, barely three years ago. I have surpassed most people whom we have started together and i am largely the most successful in my circle.

Financial system in the US is very much more different than the system practiced in Nigeria, there is SO MUCH flaw in the US financial system. Most of the bank care about giving loans and credit to their customers so that they can have competitive advantage and they mostly do not consider the bad side

https://www.nairaland.com/5138445/
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2019
Dothraki:

Sad but true

Sombody quoted me, and for that you feel like an fbi... if you actually studied in UK, i feel bad for you and whatever institution you graduated from.. you keept moving back and forth after you have been proven to be an idiot... Congratulations
Romance fraud ARTIST always posing as IT guru, broke-ass people since 2017.
Bross the way you are going and your poor intellect you cannot even scam my 15-year-Old!

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2019
erico2k2:

Romance fraud ARTIST always posing as IT guru, broke-ass people since 2017.
Bross the way you are going and your poor intellect you cannot even scam my 15-year-Old!
see painment.... i have exposed you as a pseudointellectual

Nothing is ever going to change that

NOTHING !
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
[quo[s]te author=Dothraki post=81394714] see painment.... i have exposed you as a pseudointellectual

Nothing is ever going to change that[/s]

NOTHING ![/quote]
Romance thief

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
Martinez39
we know this is ur other user names.

Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
erico2k2:

No aspect of learning is a waste of time, the best courses to study are the ones you have passion for. DO NOT FORGET< EDUCATION DOES AND LEARNING DOES NOT END IN SCHOOLS!

I am now thinking of applying for part time so I can be able to have more time and do what I love- PROGRAMMING.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by erico2k2(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2019
wiconse:

I am now thinking of applying for part time so I can be able to have more time and do what I love- PROGRAMMING.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
I don't see anything wrong
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
erico2k2:

I don't see anything wrong

Thank you
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Mikemorgan28: 6:52pm On May 24, 2022
Studying engineering in Nigeria both isn't worth it too much theory with zero practical
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Dollywood(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
Dollywood:

And how many of them have used that to solve life problems, skeptically I don't think any Nigerian can be fortified enough here to find cure for deadly disease like cancer, whereas the white people are the ones who sacrifice all they have to cure it.. Also there's never an engineer who could boast of a outstanding inventions... We're backward !!! It's never advisable to.let your child school in Nigeria (for those who are financially capable to do it). If u do watch CGTN on dstv.. You'll know what I'm saying... In china undergraduates of electrical engineer are making super crazy inventions with so much enthusiasm .. My friend here in Nigeria you'll see undergraduate praying and reading vehemently and tempestuously, just for good grades? Lol
When I was little I always dream to be a great scientist one day and make inventions to make the world a better place, unfortunately when I grew up i found out those dreams are dreams that can't come to pass here in Nigeria!!
Hopefully, I pray I travell out to Canada this year

#Shalom cool

God. This is so cringe.
Re: Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? by Donchibuzor: 7:30pm On Jan 13
Pls I want to apply for Bachelors degree in Finland, is IELTs compulsory? because I dont have one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ondo Pupils Invent Machine, Win Trophy In Turkey / Ebonyi State College Of Medicine Under Construction (Photos) / A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.