Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools (39937 Views)

How ‘dundee United’ Became An Insult In Nigeria / Between A Twitter User And Borussia Dortmund Who Used Davido’s Slang / Why Dundee United Means Fool Or Idiot In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Pearlyakin(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
I remember this slang vividly, indomie generations won't know it

2 Likes

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Johnbosco77(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
Op U b dundee
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
Funny story

1 Like

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Nobodyperson: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
Wow
First time I heard the word was from my former sec schools principal.
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Do you believe that Arsenal FC is the senior team of Dundee United? grin

You better believe.
I checked, this is a lie. They are not even in the same city.
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Oricha79(m): 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
Lovely
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
There is the University of dundee

1 Like

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by happney65: 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
Buharists are Dundee United..Period!
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2019
dominique:

Waka!

Lalasticlala, please ban Dominique for breaking rule 2.

grin

3 Likes

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by klever18(m): 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
Dundee's will believe this story
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
through my stay in Lagos I heard people been this name and am wonderingly wtf is Dundee ...thanks op for this post...

So APC na Dundee party cos them mumu no be small
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by cosse(m): 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
JasonScoolari:

You better believe.
the second most profitable club in the world na dundee.......bros....abeg see chemist or herbalist before sunset today..........
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Muscomide: 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
Neoteny:
Bullshiit

It came from dunderhead

Then it was slanged to dundee

Then parodied as dundee united because of the club

Hmmm, making sense. I kinda feel you.

2 Likes

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Mariangeles(f): 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
JasonScoolari:

You better believe.
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
Cool story bro
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by richard870(m): 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
emeijeh:
Na small thing remain, I for say bubu na the real Dundee

This one wey you come talk nko? grin
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by seunshrek(m): 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
We don’t care
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Exjoker(m): 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
Never heard that word(s)...
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Upton: 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
Lol
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by damaestro: 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
JasonScoolari:

You better believe.
Dundee oshi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by aswani(m): 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
Neoteny:
Bullshiit

It came from dunderhead

Nothing to do with Dunderhead, Dundee United started becoming a term of abuse/insult in the 70's after the tour.

The original poster is right.

3 Likes

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by RexTramadol1: 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
If u read all that

You're the real Dundee MVP
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by JasonScoolari: 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
Mariangeles:
angry angry angry angry angry
Marian, Even you? grin
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by uuzba(m): 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
Neoteny:
Bullshiit

It came from dunderhead

You mean to tell me, after all this, Dundees actually gather inside a club to promote their stupidity?
Who shall save these people?
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by uuzba(m): 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Pearlyakin:
I remember this slang vividly, indomie generations won't know it
Throughout childhood, this was the standard curse na!.

1 Like

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by xpresseeve: 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Thugnificent:
pls somebody should help me with any amount for feeding pls. hunger in the land really and no job forthcoming. abeg o. 3051322969 first bank
Thugnificent:
pls somebody should help me with any amount for feeding pls. hunger in the land really and no job forthcoming. abeg o. 3051322969 first bank

I have read all the responses you have received after checking out your profile of course.

I do have my reservations about your real purpose and of course your integrity which is not even helped by your choice of moniker; Thug.....nificent. You have been online soliciting for financial assistance for just too long. Are you sure something is not wrong somewhere?

I am nonetheless going to make you an offer that will take you off begging forever.

Are you a graduate of any discipline but from a recognized university?

Are you willing to take a position that will redirect your focus and enable you develop a long term career?

Can you be trusted with large sums of money on a daily basis?

Are you an internally driven and motivated personality?

Do you reside in Lagos?

I assume that you already have a functional smartphone that you can use for the interview and also for first three months before you are given the company standard.

If your response to the above is all positive then you may read on;

I know of a company that I will convince them to employ you for the sum of 30,000 for the first three months (training) and 50,000.00 monthly by the fourth month. If you succeed during the interview process which by the way is quite rigorous, you will resume in May 2019.

As a resumption grant I will advance you the sum of 50,000(3 months interest free loan) to enable you get your act together but only if your prospective employer is convinced that you are right for the role and has given me this assurance. By the fourth Month I will request that you refund the amount to me (interest free and without excuses).

If this offer is favourable to you kindly indicate by sending me an email with your resume as soon as possible.

xpresseeve@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by daddytime(m): 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Na lie....lol

Those days Dudee United dey cut people pool ticket anyhow like one present club that's why..
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

A majority of Nairaland commentors are Dundees. There are over 2million members on Nairaland with an estimated 10million non registered members. Out of the over 2million register members, only 0.5% of them are regular commentors who also push the like, share, and mention buttons. 70% are active readers who go through the comments but don't like, share or mention. 29% are active readers only. They don't wish to see the rubbish posted by half of 0.5 commentors.

That is why the average maximum likes fluctuates between 100 - 300likes per very good and very useless comments and peak at 400likes for great and most useless comments.

Richdad
Your type is rare..

1 Like

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by femi4: 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
dominique:
I don't believe this
pure fable, just like Nig vs India
Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by Neimar: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
Thugnificent:

I sent 10k
manage it

1 Like

Re: How Dundee United Became A Slang For Fools by lawani: 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) / Simeone: Messi Plays Better In Attacking Team; Ronaldo Can Simplify Match / Naomi Osaka Lights The Olympic Cauldron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.