Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1577743 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
keep representing..
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
*Kails*:
anyone who has ever been to nairobi i have a question cheesy well two...

please answer them for me:

just out of curiosity, what are the best places to visit for someone who has never been there before?
and generally speaking, how friendly are the locals? smiley

Now now kails where do I start?
Ok are you visiting kenya or Nairobi? because truth be told,the fascinating tourists destinations are a distance away from the main city.

City tourism is for business travellers on short stay and you won't get to see the real beauty of kenya if you don't go out of the city.

I could list so many places eg the giraffe centre,game reserve,museum,etc but a good tour guide should be able to put a nice package tour for you inclusive of beach and safari.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Roof of Africa,Mount Kilimanjaro

Kili and flamingos by Rikko77, on Flickr

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
*Kails*:

just out of curiosity, what are the best places to visit for someone who has never been there before?

Here is a list of some attraction spots in Nairobi. smiley

http://goafrica.about.com/od/kenya/tp/Nairobi-Top-Attractions-what-to-see-nairobi-kenya.htm

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
Amboseli National Park

North of Kilimanjaro

The Giants of Africa by | HD |, on Flickr

Mega Nature by | HD |, on Flickr

Morning at Amboseli by radimersky, on Flickr[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
Tsavo West National Park

East of Kilimanjaro

Untitled by _daisy_, on Flickr

Mt. Kilimanjaro by adamgwalter, on Flickr

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Emali - Oloitokitok

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nairobi with Kilimanjaro in the background

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nairobi with Mount Kenya in the background

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 9:56am On Oct 27, 2013
wooow!!! kilimanjaro from times tower? shocked smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hbuyosh(m): 10:46am On Oct 29, 2013
pendo89: wooow!!! kilimanjaro from times tower? shocked smiley
Yeah, but it is not often that visible. The view tends to be clearer in the months of March-May. But in the other months, it is rather hazy. Too many people often confuse the ice-topped peak for a distant cloud.

You can actually spot the mountain from any tall building as as long as the view towards the south east is not obscured by the other skyscrappers.
This is pretty incredible given that it is more than 250km away.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
pendo89:

Now now --- where do I start?
Ok are you visiting kenya or Nairobi? because truth be told,the fascinating tourists destinations are a distance away from the main city.

City tourism is for business travellers on short stay and you won't get to see the real beauty of kenya if you don't go out of the city.

I could list so many places eg the giraffe centre,game reserve,museum,etc but a good tour guide should be able to put a nice package tour for you inclusive of beach and safari.

Thanks for responding Pendo!! cheesy
Honestly, I would like to take a nice tour of the entire country cheesy grin
I heard it's one of the most beautiful countries in Africa and my dream is to see it live. I want to see the city as well as the rural areas. Lord willing I will within the next 5 or so years smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
gallivant:

Here is a list of some attraction spots in Nairobi. smiley

http://goafrica.about.com/od/kenya/tp/Nairobi-Top-Attractions-what-to-see-nairobi-kenya.htm

thanks a million! smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Chokl8:

Thanks for responding Pendo!! cheesy
Honestly, I would like to take a nice tour of the entire country cheesy grin
I heard it's one of the most beautiful countries in Africa and my dream is to see it live. I want to see the city as well as the rural areas. Lord willing I will within the next 5 or so years smiley

oh c'mmon! 5 years, I will be toothless. grin
I believe that you will find an even more advanced city in 5 years-lots of developments taking place so karibu-welcome.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hbuyosh:
Yeah, but it is not often that visible. The view tends to be clearer in the months of March-May. But in the other months, it is rather hazy. Too many people often confuse the ice-topped peak for a distant cloud.

You can actually spot the mountain from any tall building as as long as the view towards the south east is not obscured by the other skyscrappers.
This is pretty incredible given that it is more than 250km away.

I am impressed.I am fascinated by nature and the best view I have had of kilimanjaro is when approaching Arusha.
There's is another mountain whose name I can hardly remember but some jungus were taking photos from the air assuming that it was kilimanjaro.-well me too. grin embarassed
Until the majestic mountain's peak became visible and the sight was magnificent! Tumezoea Mt Kenya but Kilimanjaro looked like a platform on the clouds. smiley

@ gallivant what's that mountain that's soo close to Arusha town? -the northern side not far from the hotel?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Bifwoli: 5:10am On Nov 03, 2013
pendo89:

I am impressed.I am fascinated by nature and the best view I have had of kilimanjaro is when approaching Arusha.
There's is another mountain whose name I can hardly remember but some jungus were taking photos from the air assuming that it was kilimanjaro.-well me too. grin embarassed
Until the majestic mountain's peak became visible and the sight was magnificent! Tumezoea Mt Kenya but Kilimanjaro looked like a platform on the clouds. smiley

@ gallivant what's that mountain that's soo close to Arusha town? -the northern side not far from the hotel?

You must be talking about Mt Meru.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Too beautiful, too dramatic this is the North Rift.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/travel/interactive/2013/apr/19/africa-rift-valley-ethiopia-kenya-gallery

Flamingo Lake, Central Island, Lake Turkana, Kenya The region is home to hundreds of species of birds endemic to Kenya. They are essentially supported by plankton masses in the lake which feed the fish

Lake Bogoria, Kenya This strongly alkaline, saline lake has an area of roughly 12 square miles. Many types of algae flourish in its waters, turning the lake a multitude of different shades. The algae-rich water is especially attractive to flamingos. When the water dries up during the hot season, the earth dries out and cracks

Lake Bogoria, Kenya A piece of abstract art created by hundreds of flamingos.

Nabiyotum Crater, Lake Turkana
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
pendo89:

Its Mount Meru in Tanzania.A majestic peak in its own self but Kilimanjaro steals all her thunder. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
The Northern frontier - Marsabit County

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
thanks gallivant.
that crater.. i wonder if it's habitable cz it looks gosh! this is beautiful..
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hbuyosh(m): 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
pendo89: thanks gallivant.
that crater.. i wonder if it's habitable cz it looks gosh! this is beautiful..
It's beautiful, but it rages deep under. It is still an active volcanic mountain. They say it last erupted in 1910.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by andico34: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2013

the locals are very friendly and they like nigerians a lot. kipepeo hotel on river road is a magnet for nigerian travellers and excellent service too
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
andico34: the locals are very friendly and they like nigerians a lot. kipepeo hotel on river road is a magnet for nigerian travellers and excellent service too

The kails I know would go to serena at least. Kipepeo is low budget for mahustlers. grin
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by andico34: 6:59am On Nov 11, 2013
pendo89:

The kails I know would go to serena at least. Kipepeo is low budget for mahustlers. grin
yes thats true but kipepeo is 3 star and a lot of whites like staying there too
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by andico34: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2013
to be sincere i love nairobi! a city that never sleeps
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:21am On Nov 12, 2013
North Coast

Kilifi County

You can take a boat ride along the kilifi creek.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:23am On Nov 12, 2013
Guest house called Katoa in Kilifi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:30am On Nov 12, 2013

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hekima: 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
The hybrid solar eclipse as seen from the Sibiloi National Park next to the shores of Lake Turkana.
Source http://www.safari254.com/hybrid-solar-eclipse-views-from-lake-turkana/#comment-390

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hekima: 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley feeling so in love with my country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.