Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1577686 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Pinata: 3:11am On Sep 25, 2013
Good JOB Gallivant! Keep up!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Pinata: 5:37am On Sep 25, 2013
KDF respond to mall attack...removed post, appalled by KDF conduct at mall
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:07am On Sep 26, 2013
Big up KDF! cool

Pinata: Good JOB Gallivant! Keep up!

Asante.

olaojo: Nice City.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:15am On Sep 26, 2013
Masai Mara

Mahali Mzuri

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:19am On Sep 26, 2013
Mara Bushtops - Masai Mara

Kuoni Mara Bushtops Camp by b-run, on Flickr

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:20am On Sep 26, 2013
Cottars - Masai Mara

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:26am On Sep 26, 2013

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:34am On Sep 26, 2013

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by dbrownfidha: 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
gallivant: Mara Bushtops - Masai Mara

From the architecture of the house, to the interior, the landscape outside, the beautiful scenery of untamed wildlife outside, the isolation!!!! No wonder Prince william proposed to kate in kenya on an isolated resort much like these one. Does anyone have photoes of the hotel Kate and william stayed while in kenya? If I was given a choice of going to heaven or stay in a place like this with just a few neighbours and frinds, I wouldnt hesitate
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: u think all Cameroonians know how do that?(wash wash)
Do I have to learn kiswahili ?

hehehe hapana,where did you learn swahili?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
dbrownfidha:

From the architecture of the house, to the interior, the landscape outside, the beautiful scenery of untamed wildlife outside, the isolation!!!! No wonder Prince william proposed to kate in kenya on an isolated resort much like these one. Does anyone have photoes of the hotel Kate and william stayed while in kenya? If I was given a choice of going to heaven or stay in a place like this with just a few neighbours and frinds, I wouldnt hesitate

some photos are just breathtaking,all I can do is smile in my soul.
The cottage where william proposed ,I am sure gallivant will upload it, is nothing close to this.It was remote and wooden,without electricity if I can remember well. But there's something about it that's so cool.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hbuyosh(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: u think all Cameroonians know how do that?(wash wash)
Do I have to learn kiswahili ?
Most nairobians speak a brand of swahili called 'sheng'. it is a hybrid of english and other bantu words, i believe u can notice some english words in pendo and gallivant's sentences. They are not communicating in that pure swahili here. The true swahili speakers in kenya frown upon this language. If you start with that rapid, pure swahili as spoken in coastal kenya or in Tanzania, most nairobians would probably give you a wide berth. So, as a foreigner, english is okay especially when within the city centre or in the Westlands neighborhoods.
In Eastlands, it's quite tricky. You are considered a snob if u speak in english pure or provincial if your swahili is too clean. That is the birthplace of sheng.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
pendo89:

hehehe hapana,where did you learn swahili?
I hope u ask potential Italian tourists to not come with their mafia.
as for swahilli I have two Kenyan friends and I use google translate . I also watch videos of Museveni
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hbuyosh:
Most nairobians speak a brand of swahili called 'sheng'. it is a hybrid of english and other bantu words, i believe u can notice some english words in pendo and gallivant's sentences. They are not communicating in that pure swahili here. The true swahili speakers in kenya frown upon this language. If you start with that rapid, pure swahili as spoken in coastal kenya or in Tanzania, most nairobians would probably give you a wide berth. So, as a foreigner, english is okay especially when within the city centre or in the Westlands neighborhoods.
In Eastlands, it's quite tricky. You are considered a snob if u speak in english pure or provincial if your swahili is too clean. That is the birthplace of sheng.
thank you for your explanation
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by claremont(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
I just got confirmation from my employers that I will be off to sunny Kenya by the end of October to spend 6 weeks, I can't bloody wait. This is my second trip within a space of 3 months, and I'm looking forward to it because my first trip was like a trip to heaven. What more can a guy ask for, Kenya has got cheap cigarettes, cheap alcohol, cheap hotels, lovely ladies who treat us like celebrities and much more.

In a few weeks, I will be frolicking under the hot and cold weather of Nanyuki. Life is good! grin
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hbuyosh(m): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2013
claremont: I just got confirmation from my employers that I will be off to sunny Kenya by the end of October to spend 6 weeks, I can't bloody wait. This is my second trip within a space of 3 months, and I'm looking forward to it because my first trip was like a trip to heaven. What more can a guy ask for, Kenya has got cheap cigarettes, cheap alcohol, cheap hotels, lovely ladies who treat us like celebrities and much more.

In a few weeks, I will be frolicking under the hot and cold weather of Nanyuki. Life is good! grin
Karibu Kenya na uji-enjoy...
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I hope u ask potential Italian tourists to not come with their mafia.
as for swahilli I have two Kenyan friends and I use google translate . I also watch videos of Museveni

Aha lovely. Anyway,We love guests and try as much as possible to make them feel at home.
Museveni the rapper smiley,speaks 'ugandan swahili' which I find to be very very funny.They have lots of 'chis' in their wordings, ok not many ugandans know swahili which is Kenya's and TZ's national language.
Sheng is corrupted swahili eg.mzeiya,mtu nguyaz,ngata,ngeta,kudialala, you can't find such words in google. It's used to confuse the old. undecided
It can't be learnt either because the words change weekly/hourly depending on the region.
Unakaribishwa Kenya. smiley hakuna mbrrrrrrrrrrrrricha. grin
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
@ gallivant, leopard haiwezi ruka uikute imerest chini ya bed inside the tent hapo juu? iko open sana. undecided
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hbuyosh(m): 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
pendo89:

Aha lovely. Anyway,We love guests and try as much as possible to make them feel at home.
Museveni the rapper smiley,speaks 'ugandan swahili' which I find to be very very funny.They have lots of 'chis' in their wordings, ok not many ugandans know swahili which is Kenya's and TZ's national language.
Sheng is corrupted swahili eg.mzeiya,mtu nguyaz,ngata,ngeta,kudialala, you can't find such words in google. It's used to confuse the old. undecided
It can't be learnt either because the words change weekly/hourly depending on the region.
Museveni, the rapping president.
His speech clutter tends to worsen when he speaks in swahili. Priceless

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
I like the dude, he's so humble and natural ...very different from most African presidents who think they ain't humans .
Yeaa he speaks with a lot of chi , I thot it was the normal swahili tho.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
pendo89:

asante

Je, ni mchiriba? I hope kujisikia nyumbani, inaonekana kama wewe guys hawana picha nzuri ya Cameroon. I hate kuwa tagged au lebo.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: asante

Je, ni mchiriba? I hope kujisikia nyumbani, inaonekana kama wewe guys hawana picha nzuri ya Cameroon. I hate kuwa tagged au lebo.

Ukija EA, you will feel at home. Let me just say that most folks don't know much about cameroon apart from the history and tv documentaries.
I have only one cameroonian friend,that I met in a conference at Arusha and he is the only cameroonian that I know of! I dont' know where the cameroonians in Kenya hide.
No one will tag you ,honestly our guys are kind to guests but just cautious, hakuna matata. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:33am On Oct 04, 2013
Glad you all loved them. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:39am On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:44am On Oct 04, 2013
The Kenyan Coast

A ngalawa fishing boat, Diani by juliusnyanjui, on Flickr
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:47am On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:48am On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:54am On Oct 04, 2013
The Sands at Chale

Chale Island, Diani Beach, Kenya by alienx, on Flickr

Chale pool by Naf, on Flickr

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hekima: 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
Wanjohi; rural location in central Kenya. Source http://www.safari254.com/wanjohi-countryside-tranquillity/

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hbuyosh(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2013
Hey gallivant, how about posting the pics of the trendy mid-class neighborhoods such as kayole, umoja, buruburu, ngara, kileleshwa, hurlingham, donholm, eastleigh etc. We keep reposting these same ,old cbd pics and its now monotonous. Don't u think...
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hbuyosh(m): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2013
Hey gallivant. I think we should start posting the pictures of the crowded but trendy mid-class nairobi neighborhoods as well.
Places such as umoja, kayole, buruburu, kileleshwa, hurlingham. Lavington, doonholm, eastleigh, ngara, south C & B, etc and even, (why not!) the recently developed sides of kibera.
You keep reposting these same, old pics of the cbd and they're now monotonous.
Let's showcase these lively and exciting nairobi estates as well, not just the city's glass facades.
What dyou think?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 3:20am On Oct 10, 2013
We are used to seeing Africa from the slums and most people esp foreigners do not believe how developed some regions are until they visit.
What I am saying is,tumezoea picha za kawaida.It's time to show the good side of Africa.
akiweka za kawa guys will just derail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.