Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1577713 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Bifwoli: 1:03am On Oct 11, 2013
pendo89: We are used to seeing Africa from the slums and most people esp foreigners do not believe how developed some regions are until they visit.
What I am saying is,tumezoea picha za kawaida.It's time to show the good side of Africa.
akiweka za kawa guys will just derail.

In addition to pendo89's apt point there'll be nothing to inspire us regular vinyangarikas to aim high.If i want to be an achiever i think i'll measure myself and aspire to be like the Muthaiga and Karen types and not kangemi or Sinai(pipeline) types.Wale wako kwa slums are there fo a reason one of which is they're indisciplined and less demanding of themselves.Ukiona vile wanakaa na takataka you see folks who are not very stringent on themselves or place high standards on everything they do.Those types of folks will not inspire us to aim high so avoiding picha zao is not just about foreign eyes,its first and foremost about inspiring us wakenya wa kawaida.I would never glorify mediocrity.

Anyway,i'm brand new here and this is my 1st post so bear with me.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:38am On Oct 11, 2013
Bifwoli.:

In addition to pendo89's apt point there'll be nothing to inspire us regular vinyangarikas to aim high.If i want to be an achiever i think i'll measure myself and aspire to be like the Muthaiga and Karen types and not kangemi or Sinai(pipeline) types.Wale wako kwa slums are there fo a reason one of which is they're indisciplined and less demanding of themselves.Ukiona vile wanakaa na takataka you see folks who are not very stringent on themselves or place high standards on everything they do.Those types of folks will not inspire us to aim high so avoiding picha zao is not just about foreign eyes,its first and foremost about inspiring us wakenya wa kawaida.I would never glorify mediocrity.

I strongly agree and welcome to the forum.Karibu.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:40am On Oct 11, 2013
Hbuyosh: Hey gallivant. I think we should start posting the pictures of the crowded but trendy mid-class nairobi neighborhoods as well.
Places such as umoja, kayole, buruburu, kileleshwa, hurlingham. Lavington, doonholm, eastleigh, ngara, south C & B, etc and even, (why not!) the recently developed sides of kibera.
You keep reposting these same, old pics of the cbd and they're now monotonous.
Let's showcase these lively and exciting nairobi estates as well, not just the city's glass facades.
What dyou think?

Its a good idea and I will try my best. wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:49am On Oct 11, 2013

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:53am On Oct 11, 2013
Major roadworks and construction around the city smiley

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:57am On Oct 11, 2013

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:05am On Oct 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
Bifwoli.:

nakuunga mkono. hakuna sifa katika shida au umaskini.aspire and aim higher.

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hekima: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2013
Ruma National Park, Homabay County Western Kenya. Source http://www.safari254.com/ruma-national-park/

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hekima: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Hekima: 8:45am On Oct 14, 2013
Nairobi CBD view from Uhuru Park. Source http://mutuamatheka.co.ke/blog/introducing-the-print-market/

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
bumped. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
OH MY!!

those pictures on this page alone gave me the chills!! grin

#beautiful
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
pendo89:

nakuunga mkono. hakuna sifa katika shida au umaskini.aspire and aim higher.

ok..so when are you going to teach me swahili? tongue cheesy
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
Great posts Hekima. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
Langata road/Southern Bypass interchange.

Shot towards Kibera and Upperhill. Plenty of new flats going up in Kibera. smiley

Ondiri Swamp

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
Southern Bypass

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:51am On Oct 16, 2013
Two Rivers | U/C

Update

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Kamenmen(m): 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
The mat's/P.S.V

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Kamenmen(m): 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Interiors-public vehicles

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Kamenmen(m): 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
Street lights-public transport

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by jpphilips(m): 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
VOR: I have not had the good fortune to visit Nairobi, but my brother has visited twice
and he can attest to the fact that it is a beautiful and civilised city. These pictures
appear to confirm what he has said.

I hope DBLOCK  will take note, that a nice city is not about having lovely tall
buildings it is more than that.

Does anyone notice that most of the pictures of Lagos in this section are of buildings,
hardly any pictures of what life is like on the ground for every Lagosian.

why so many old cars on the street?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Kamenmen(m): 6:50am On Oct 18, 2013
Evng. P.S.V

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Kamenmen(m): 6:52am On Oct 18, 2013
jp philips:

why so many old cars on the street?
Which ones?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
what are your thought on the East Africa Federation? I heard Kenyans in general are reluctant to merge with the others.

The East African: Understanding the region

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYgs_SKtsPA
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
Forest Road

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Elgon Road

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
anyone who has ever been to nairobi i have a question cheesy well two...

please answer them for me:

just out of curiosity, what are the best places to visit for someone who has never been there before?
and generally speaking, how friendly are the locals? smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
Southern Bypass / Mombasa Road intersection

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
NHC, Langata.

Approaching the Langata road interchange. The dual carriageway is starting to take shape. smiley

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Kamenmen(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2013
This topic is exhausted now, aint it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.