Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again (27770 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / APC Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Over Money In Circulation Tweet / Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade For Saying Nigeria Is Hellish Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by lacemose(m): 11:27am On Apr 16, 2019
Bashir Ahmed has come out with a tweet to justify his initial "clean money" statement he made which was directed at the Nigerian Actress, Omotola Jalade.

See what he wrote...

"There are problems, and some have been with us since 1950s. Yes, I am partisan and I replied you because you mentioned @MBuhari and @ProfOsinbajo ’s govt which I am working in. We as Nigerians, can you honestly say we are all acting like we have problems? Do we really pay"

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/04/bashir-ahmed-justifies-his-initial.html

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 16, 2019
I mentioned something similar in one of the threads I created a while back.

Nigerians want the best things. You know, things like the Europeans have but dont want to pay for it. How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. Nigerians have to collectively contribute to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams.

Edit: there are so many mentions, I can't reply everyone. So i'll just write this as an edit....

I think we all (at least most of) agree that taxes needs to be paid for infrastructures to be built but corruption and unaccountability is still a huge problem.

One day though, we will have to trust a government to do the right thing with taxes earned. I sincerely think this government is heading in that direction (I might be wrong). And when we have that government, I sincerely hope that everyone in the country will then contribute their fair share of taxes to build Nigeria up.

No one is gonna help us develop Nigeria if we don't. It's our house, our home, our land. if we don't take care of it, who will?

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by natnoble(m): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2019
many including myself pay tax but the tax payers money is often mismanaged by government officials including the one you are working in. hence the hellish nature of this country.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by dunkem21(m): 11:50am On Apr 16, 2019
Omotola will have a taste of what Tuface had. You can't voice your opinion without being attacked. They will scare her with Tax returns and she will crawl back.

But for the records, Nigerians pay tax. Income tax, company tax, PAYE, VAT etc.

We don't deserve this HELL of a country run by hypocrites.

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by veraponpo(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2019
God bless this guy.

The only reason Nigerian government borrows money to finance projects, which many still condemn, is because many of the citizens, most especially the socialites and elites don't pay taxes.

Ask the entertainers, footballers, many of the elites, etc they dont pay taxes, yet they blame government and compare Nigeria with China or USA where taxes are paid without exception by all the citizens.

This does not exclude the commoners like mechanics, carpenters, vulcanizers, bricklayers, traders, etc. They earn and spend all their earnings yet they want power, water, roads, etc.

Change begins with us

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by veraponpo(m): 11:59am On Apr 16, 2019
dunkem21:
Omotola will have a taste of what Tuface had. You can't voice your opinion without being attacked. They will scare her with Tax returns and she will crawl back.

But for the records, Nigerians pay tax. Income tax, company tax, PAYE, VAT etc.

We don't deserve this HELL of a country run by hypocrites.

That is not true, he that comes to equity must come with clean hands. Did you see what Atiku file to INEC as evidence of his tax payment for 5 years? I think my tax is even higher.

Those elites are robbing us dry.

Only white collar jobbers are paying correct taxes through PAYE because it is deducted at source from their salaries. Others are not paying true taxes.

Change begin with them

52 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by dunkem21(m): 12:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
veraponpo:

That is not true, he that comes to equity must come with clean hands. Did you see what Atiku file to INEC as evidence of his tax payment for 5 years? I think my tax is even higher.

Only white collar jobbers are paying correct taxes through PAYE because it is deducted at source from their salaries. Others are not paying true taxes.

Change begin with them

Why call Atiku? Atiku paid the taxes billed to him by FIRS.

Did Buhari show Tax clearance receipts for his cows?

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Nairalandmentor(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
Bashir Ahmad choose your fight. Cos you're losing this one big time. It's not every fight you fight.

Still looking for a reliable website design company in Nigeria? No advance payment required. Get started now and pay after design. Kindly click HERE to see our beautiful designs.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Aieboocaar(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
The way people talk about this tax mata like say na only Income tax be the only existing tax.

There are other means people pay tax to the government and these monies can be used to fix basic infrastructures, BUT NO, the government would rather embezzle then run to other countries for loan

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good from from Omotola.
We need more of this from the likes of Omotola, it makes the nation grow.
Constructive Critism is a good thing is a good thing for the progress of our country.
We are talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,. You will know them because when they see good efforts of government they applaud, as she did

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Pojomojo: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
If omosexy was one of those artists depending on Govt patronage, she can never speak up. Those who depend on government for their source of income or business cannot speak the truth in today’s Nigeria.

Neither can those afraid of going to jail. Full blown tyranny.

6 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
veraponpo:

Change begin with them
Hmmmm, this is deep!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by bettercreature(m): 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

Nigerians want the best things. You know, things like the Europeans have but dont want to pay for it. How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. Nigerians have to collectively contribute to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams.
Why would you pay taxes when the money will end up in some people's pocket?

9 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Bigseven(m): 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
Gbam
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by 1miccza: 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

So apparently because one does not pay taxes , he or she should not speak up when things aren't working right?? How about getting the person to pay the taxes and at the same time allowing freedom of expression?? Have you thought of that??

11 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
Pojomojo:
If omosexy was one of those artists depending on Govt patronage, she can never speak up. Those who depend on government for their source of income or business cannot speak the truth in today’s Nigeria.

Neither can those afraid of going to jail. Full blown tyranny.

This government does not have their time. That is the root reason some of them are mad, for their own pockets. Ask Charly Boy and Onyeka Onwenu. Let government make them ambassador or one kain post now, they will justify the government.

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by RexTramadol1: 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
Tax Tax Tax

Yes, people will start paying that faithfully if government is serious about reducing corruption and malfeasance

I can't keep giving u money to build me roads when I see you using the ones I gave first to buy your son a powerbike which almost took his life

Impossicant, if dey start putting things in place

Even people won't mind paying tax I'm sure of that

For example, people use nepa light and don't pay on their bills bfr

But now, when there is light to an extent, people even demand for prepaid meters themselves, dey don't want free light.

If government fixes things, citizens will follow suit.

9 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Smily202(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

This is good observation but the problem is that the government has not created an avenue for 100% people to pay tax and the tax already been paid to government is not accounted for.

I have a Bus driver in my area that spend upto #2000 eryyday to settle Agboro ppl (Road Transport workers) but those money are not accountable to anyone. They psiphone it same way they psiphone our oil.money.

6 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Bryan88(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
THIS MAN IS TRULY JOBLESS

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by BedLam: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

You are mad. The little money we get from oil, what has it been used for ? If people aren't paying tax then it's the fault of the government. The government knows people aren't paying tax but invested millions of dollars in a fruitless jamboree in the north searching for oil. That money is enough to give everyone social security number like BVN and we will have a better database that will track any tax defaulters.
Didn't the Govt introduce some billing to debit and credit on our bank accounts? Where's that money? The money recovered by EFCC can't be accounted for because the chairman doesn't know jack about it! How can you pay tax when you know it will be stolen ? Get sense.

15 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Pappyjim: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
“...Ghana has abolished VAT on real estate sales.
Ghana has abolished VAT on financial services.
Ghana has abolished capital gains tax on sales of shares on the stock exchange.
Ghana has abolished import duty on spare parts.
Ghana has abolished the 1% import levy.
Ghana has abolished VAT on domestic airline tickets.
Ghana has reduced very significantly VAT on small traders from 17.5% to 3%.
Ghana is going to abolish all import duty on raw materials and machineries imported into Ghana.

Ghana is embarking on a massive industrialization drive called One District, One Factory. And there are 216 districts in Ghana. There is now a focus on production.

Now, Ghana has two major advantages: power issues sorted out and a peaceful democracy. Ghana with a population of 28m generates 4,577MW as at 2017. Nigeria with a population of 200m generates 5,000MW. Meanwhile, Ghana is building 2 power plants- a 400MW LNG-fired plant and a 600MW plant being built by Siemens.

Ok. What are the implications for Nigeria? We don't need soothsayers to predict how factories/companies will shut down in Nigeria and move to Ghana. Nigeria will just become a mere trading post for these companies because of our population while Ghana becomes the economic hub of West Africa. Our homes will be flooded with goods made in Ghana.

Other countries are thinking. Rwanda has taken our shine. Ethiopia has put on its thinking cap. Ghana has started an upward trajectory. Nigeria sits with its giant feet of clay. ...”

----Copied---

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by chibuzorAbia: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
Foolish Olosho! Go and join the frustrated criminally minded Biafrans.........and start shouting Atikulate!

Foolish old woman thinking she is HOT!.....

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Jaqenhghar: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

The one you have paid how is it veing used?

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by magicminister: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

You're definitely nt the brightest light in the room.
How do you expect a citizen to pay taxes when there is unjustifiable wasteful spendings in all tier of governemtn?
Why should you and i as citizens give our money to people that can't manage the money from our COMMON resources?

Nigeria is an immensely wealthy country in terms of natural resources but the people that rig themselves into office have consistently pocketed our wealth and expensed it on their cronies and allies.

Wake the fuccck up!

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by davillian(m): 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
shocked
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by BedLam: 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
1miccza:

So apparently because one does not pay taxes , he or she should not speak up when things aren't working right?? How about getting the person to pay the taxes and at the same time allowing freedom of expression?? Have you thought of that??
They failed to realize that it's the fault of the govt that people aren't paying tax. No database! Not like paying tax will allow the govt to cut their feeding budget in ASOROCK

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by abbey621(m): 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
1miccza:

In advaced countries, if you don't pay taxes while eligible, you're a criminal. Criminals end up in jail, criminals have no voting rights, criminals are never taken seriously in political discourse. You can't criticize the governemnt's ineptness towards the economy while sabotaging the economy by not paying your fair share.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by BedLam: 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

YOU ARE F£$KING MADDER!!!!
E pain am.

I don't argue with accidental imbeciles like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by iammo(m): 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
shocked

Too many unreasonable Nigerians.

Nigeria is hellish because there are no more free money, any Tom dickk and Harry don't get subsidy money, forex is no longer available to any scumbag that wants to import any and every thing.

Government now run TSA, so agency don't keep multiple account to defraud Nigerians. Shameless Prostitutes no longer see abuja as headquaters of free money.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by davillian(m): 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
grin
jayfolarin:

Same thing that has happened to previous money will still happen to our tax.
I will start paying tax when government official gets the death sentence or life imprisonment for corruption's

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obi Visits Redeem Camp For The First Time Months Before Presidential Election / Abuja Master Plan: Why Wike Must Demolish Aso Villa – Bwala / Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.