Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again (27781 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / APC Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Over Money In Circulation Tweet / Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade For Saying Nigeria Is Hellish Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
This guy is plain mad and has no one to tell him simple.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by InvertedHammer: 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:
I mentioned something similar in one of the threads I created a while back.

Nigerians want the best things. You know, things like the Europeans have but dont want to pay for it. How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. Nigerians have to collectively contribute to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams.
/
Good observations!

Except that those whose pensions were raided by the likes of Maina are yet to recover from the shock and you expect Nigerians to pay taxes when the little they have is being wasted or looted right in their presence.

Putting the cart before the horse? It seems. The government has shown zero diligence in accountability. Only a slowpoke will voluntarily pay taxes in such an environment.

/

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 12:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
k
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Jman06(m): 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

Nigerians want the best things. You know, things like the Europeans have but dont want to pay for it. How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. Nigerians have to collectively contribute to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams.
Government should first account for the huge revenue we are generating from oil and other resources before expecting people to pay taxes. I also know that many adult Nigerians pay taxes on daily basis in the form of VAT on virtually every transaction we make. Each time I withdraw money from ATM, I pay VAT! When people receive salary, government deducts VAT? Has government given account of all that
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by alujonjonkijon: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

im into taxes ,why should nigeria pays taxes knowing it will end up in the private pockets of alpah betians and the cronies?

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by owem19(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

tax payers money used in touring d whole world

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Xisnin(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

In advaced countries, if you don't pay taxes while eligible, you're a criminal. Criminals end up in jail, criminals have no voting rights, criminals are never taken seriously in political discourse. You can't criticize the governemnt's ineptness towards the economy while sabotaging the economy by not paying your fair share.

You apparently never left your village.
In advanced countries, the tax agencies actively monitors tax defaulters and charge them accordingly.
They don't wait for political comment, neither do they rely on people's goodwill before taking action.

It is just like a landlord complaining of not receiving rent without taking any action, such landlord must be a fool.

You also missed your civic classes, nobody is a criminal until pronounced so by a court.

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Ugosample(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
This is the precise reason Nigeria is going nowhere

omotola has said the truth

But because many idiots are stuck in buhari's arse for reasons best known to them, they keep absolving him of blame for what is clearly his fault.

You don't need anyone to tell you that the economy is in a comatose state

And his refusal to even shake the cabinet means he is complicit

The fact that he refused to sweep his security chiefs means he is also complicit

But Nigger Africans without common sense will continue to praise him and excuse him and hunt down all who criticise him

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by zicoraads: 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

With all due respect, this analysis of yours is skewed.

First, are you aware that there's a scandal currently ongoing at FIRS, and top Directors and even the Chairman, Fowler, have been accused of stealing billions of naira? The same Fowler that has been on an aggressive tax increment drive. Now do you know what those billions can build? Good roads, bridges and even hospitals. But no, it ended up in the pocket of a few persons in this Government.

The issue is not tax. The issue is, and has always been corruption. Institutional corruption across all sectors.

Nigerians contribute. For people who don't even earn that much, it's amazing how they try and contribute. Lagos state is an example of a state that actually pay taxes. But how is the Lagos like? Do they have world class infrastructures and whatnot?

Please, don't add to our pain.

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by zicoraads: 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ugosample:

But because many idiots are stuck in buhari's arse for reasons best known to them, they keep absolving him of blame for what is clearly his fault.

The fact that he refused to sweep his security chiefs means he is also complicit

But Nigger Africans without common sense will continue to praise him and excuse him and hunt down all who criticise him
It's pathetic I tell you.

They always see constructive critics as being corrupt. If you are telling them what they are doing is wrong, then you are automatically corrupt.

Well, we witnessed and survived a lot of terrible leaders. This one too shall pass.

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by booblacain(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:
How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. ....

Lybia did it, so don't make it look like it is an impossible task.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Ugosample(m): 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
Xisnin:

You apparently never left your village.
In advanced countries, the tax agencies actively monitors tax defaulters and charge them accordingly.
They don't wait for political comment, neither do they rely on people's goodwill before taking action.

It is just like a landlord complaining of not receiving rent without taking any action, such landlord must be a fool.

You also missed your civic classes, nobody is a criminal until pronounced so by a court.

don't mind him
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by chibuzorAbia: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
BedLam:
E pain am.

I don't argue with accidental imbeciles like you.

E pain you pass , flat skull......
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by stonemasonn: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
Saudi and Dubai was built with oil money not taxes
jayfolarin:

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by freeze001(f): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
|did you see any tax returns paid by Buhari for income earned from his cattle? Or is it charity work he does with them?
veraponpo:

That is not true, he that comes to equity must come with clean hands. Did you see what Atiku file to INEC as evidence of his tax payment for 5 years? I think my tax is even higher.

Those elites are robbing us dry.

Only white collar jobbers are paying correct taxes through PAYE because it is deducted at source from their salaries. Others are not paying true taxes.

Change begin with them

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by ibietela2(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
If we accept we have a problem will you implement the solution?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by 1miccza: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

In advanced countries, if you don't pay taxes while eligible, you're a criminal. Criminals end up in jail, criminals have no voting rights, criminals are never taken seriously in political discourse. You can't criticize the Government's ineptness towards the economy while sabotaging the economy by not paying your fair share.

You are right but again if the level of enforcement was top notch here as it is out there , most of these anomalies would be absent, if you do study the average Nigerian , you would realize that we don't adhere to rules. This simply means we have the herd mentality, that being said if shown the right path, with or without force , we would adhere. This still doesn't stop anyone from expressing his or her own views..
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by ibietela2(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

What happened to the previous one we have paid?

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Dronedude(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
veraponpo:

That is not true, he that comes to equity must come with clean hands. Did you see what Atiku file to INEC as evidence of his tax payment for 5 years? I think my tax is even higher.

Only white collar jobbers are paying correct taxes through PAYE because it is deducted at source from their salaries. Others are not paying true taxes.

Change begin with them

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by AnuliKay: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
Truly, he has a point. I stand with Omotola

Your Instagram Captions Will Be Lit With These Nicki Minaj Barbie Freestyles:

Instagram is the most popular social media app now. The visual journal has spawned a culture of posting bomb AF pictures. To successfully grow your Instagram account, you need more than pretty pictures, as captions are a major factor. Enter Nicki Minaj.

Nicki Minaj is a famous female rapper whose bars are globally considered iconic. She recently released her album, Queen and has just announced the completion of her fifth album.

These lyrics from her recent freestyles, will be the perfect caption for your Instagram account.

See them here: https://kaynuli.com/lit-instagram-captions-from-nicki-minaj-barbie-freestyles/

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Dronedude(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
I pay my tax and in Europe, mind u a lot of people invade tax. Right from the day's of Moses Abi John the Baptist, people have not been paying tax and tax collectors are regarded as enemies do not think the Europeans are all compliant Infact it will shock you that they are worse than Nigerians. We pay VAT, company tax and income tax.

What you should concern yourself with is the difference in leadership. The developed region has a structure to the point of appointing presidential media aides with decorum and standard, but what do we have here, the likes of Bashir and his clueless supporters.

Ask him before he resumed this position, was he paying tax even though I can still be my electricity bill that he is not still pay direct tax but rather enlarging his pocket.

Leave matter this countries problem and natural disaster is the government.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by GoodofNaija: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ugosample:

But Nigger Africans without common sense will continue to praise him and excuse hiim and hunt down all who criticise him

You are so on point!
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by ibietela2(m): 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
veraponpo:

Change begin with them

Let's see what Buhari filed with INEC
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Dronedude(m): 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

I pay my tax and in Europe, mind u a lot of people invade tax. Right from the day's of Moses Abi John the Baptist, people have not been paying tax and tax collectors are regarded as enemies do not think the Europeans are all compliant Infact it will shock you that they are worse than Nigerians. We pay VAT, company tax and income tax.

What you should concern yourself with is the difference in leadership. The developed region has a structure to the point of appointing presidential media aides with decorum and standard, but what do we have here, the likes of Bashir and his clueless supporters.

Ask him before he resumed this position, was he paying tax even though I can still be my electricity bill that he is not still pay direct tax but rather enlarging his pocket.

Leave matter this countries problem and natural disaster is the government.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by OBAGADAFFI: 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

Nigerians pay tax.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by ibietela2(m): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2019
post=77588032:
Good from from Omotola.
We need more of this from the likes of Omotola, it makes the nation grow.
Constructive Critism is a good thing is a good thing for the progress of our country.
We are talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,. You will know them because when they see good efforts of government they applaud, as she did

This is getting useless
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by ibietela2(m): 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
Image123:

This government does not have their time. That is the root reason some of them are mad, for their own pockets. Ask Charly Boy and Onyeka Onwenu. Let government make them ambassador or one kain post now, they will justify the government.

Not every one is as low as you
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by hilaryCU(m): 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2019
Provide jobs and enabling environment, then hold people accountable for not paying tax
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Lifestone(m): 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2019
veraponpo:
God bless this guy.

The only reason Nigerian government borrows money to finance projects, which many still condemn, is because many of the citizens, most especially the socialites and elites don't pay taxes.

Ask the entertainers, footballers, many of the elites, etc they dont pay taxes, yet they blame government and compare Nigeria with China or USA where taxes are paid without exception by all the citizens.

This does not exclude the commoners like mechanics, carpenters, vulcanizers, bricklayers, traders, etc. They earn and spend all their earnings yet they want power, water, roads, etc.

Change begins with us
Why are you guys changing the discussion. The point here has to do with the lamentations of Omotola which represents the cries of most Nigerians. It's the responsibility of the government to enforce payment of taxes
By the way, these excuses are becoming boring, let's get Nigeria back to work.
I support Omotola

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Eshence: 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
how have the Nigeria government proven to been reliable with the once they have been collecting plus the monthly revenue received daily?
1miccza:

So apparently because one does not pay taxes , he or she should not speak up when things aren't working right?? How about getting the person to pay the taxes and at the same time allowing freedom of expression?? Have you thought of that??
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Febo(m): 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
@ jayfolarin ,Its laughable to say that the proceeds from oil sale's in Nigeria cannot single handedly build infrastructure. Can you tell me what countries like Qatar and UAE are using to build their infrastructures; my heart cries for my dear country and clueless and helpless masses that can demand for more from the few privilege ruling class..its a pity. Please calculate how many billion of dollars made from oil proceed in the last decade and you are saying we can't build infrastructure with oil money. I believe you know what is happening in this country in term of mismanagement of fund and embezzlement of funds but you don't fully understand the level and how it has affected the country. Even if everybody in this country pays all their tax there you will not see any infrastructure....Besides, Dangote is building the largest refinery in world, is he richer than Nigerian Government? so i think your perspective is wrong.

DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe / MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - How Is Your Area? / Photos: Some Nigerians In London Show Support For Buhari At The Nigeria House

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63