Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again (27805 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / APC Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Over Money In Circulation Tweet / Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade For Saying Nigeria Is Hellish Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by SarkinYarki: 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:
I mentioned something similar in one of the threads I created a while back.

Nigerians want the best things. You know, things like the Europeans have but dont want to pay for it. How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. Nigerians have to collectively contribute to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams.

And who told you Nigerians dont pay taxes? where do you people get such assumptions from? Nigerians are the most taxed people on earth we pay all sorts of multiple tax in all our transactions daily.

We all pay Value Added Tax daily .

Every time we enter a market we pay tax to the govt.

Every time we board a bus we pay tax to the govt.

Every time we we board planes we pay tax.

Every time we watch TV we pay tax.

Every time we put on our generators we pay tax.

We also pay illegal taxes when govt official illegally surcharge us to do their jobs either as police, Army, Immigration, Customs and even Fireb service .

All workers pay personal income tax in Nigeria

Even BET9ja winners have to surrender part of their winnings to the govt .

Please tell me one thing the Nigerian govt does for us as Nigerians .
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by ibietela2(m): 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

In advaced countries, if you don't pay taxes while eligible, you're a criminal. Criminals end up in jail, criminals have no voting rights, criminals are never taken seriously in political discourse. You can't criticize the governemnt's ineptness towards the economy while sabotaging the economy by not paying your fair share.

And in those countries they don't have a more convenient way of paying tax or a database for all its citizens?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by veraponpo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
dunkem21:

Why call Atiku? Atiku paid the taxes billed to him by FIRS.

Did Buhari show Tax clearance receipts for his cows?

You dont know much about taxes.

FIRS doesn't bill individual until recently when they discovered these people are thieves camouflaging as good citizens. People like Atiku pay taxes based on what is called Self- Assessment.

Self Assessment is a method that allows anybody to pay any amount he deems fit.

So, as I mentioned earlier, many of the elites and socialites are thieves. They are part of our problem in Nigeria
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Eshence: 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
thank you for that question i like it...... Nigeria government have only showed us how useless they are over the years
ibietela2:

What happened to the previous one we have paid?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by abbey621(m): 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
1miccza:

You are right but again if the level of enforcement was top notch here as it is out there , most of these anomalies would be absent, if you do study the average Nigerian , you would realize that we don't adhere to rules. This simply means we have the herd mentality, that being said if shown the right path, with or without force , we would adhere. This still doesn't stop anyone from expressing his or her own views..

We have laws, we have agencies responsible for enforcement but Nigerians will not adhere. The only thing we respond to is force. Even Omotola cannot say with full confidence that she is paying her fair share of taxes. You can't complain of a problem when you are contributing to it.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by CHEEPO: 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
post=77588036:

Hmmmm, this is deep!

Yes... For your shallow brain
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by AnanseK(m): 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
post=77588032:
Good from from Omotola.
We need more of this from the likes of Omotola, it makes the nation grow.
Constructive Critism is a good thing is a good thing for the progress of our country.
We are talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,. You will know them because when they see good efforts of government they applaud, as she did
We are talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,. You will know them because when they see good efforts of government they applaud, as she did

Yes agreed , but can we see copies of her tax clearance for the last 5 years please? Talk is cheap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by yaki84: 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

Nigerians want the best things. You know, things like the Europeans have but dont want to pay for it. How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. Nigerians have to collectively contribute to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams.

Edit: there are so many mentions, I can't reply everyone. So i'll just write this as an edit....

I think we all (at least most of) agree that taxes needs to be paid for infrastructures to be built but corruption and unaccountability is still a huge problem.

One day though, we will have to trust a government to do the right thing with taxes earned. I sincerely think this government is heading in that direction (I might be wrong). And when we have that government, I sincerely hope that everyone in the country will then contribute their fair share of taxes to build Nigeria up.

No one is gonna help us develop Nigeria if we don't. It's our house, our home, our land. if we don't take care of it, who will?
u kicked against fuel subsidy removal during gej era, now u realise europeans pay moreto get the best.....
ur reasoning is sham... evil.... hypocritical....demonic...
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Lovelyn451(f): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
At first he was talking with so much boldness now he's beginning to quiver..."Im partisan because its the govt. I work in.." Aide to president
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Johnjanrt: 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

Edit: there are so many mentions, I can't reply everyone. So i'll just write this as an edit....

I think we all (at least most of) agree that taxes needs to be paid for infrastructures to be built but corruption and unaccountability is still a huge problem.

One day though, we will have to trust a government to do the right thing with taxes earned. I sincerely think this government is heading in that direction (I might be wrong). And when we have that government, I sincerely hope that everyone in the country will then contribute their fair share of taxes to build Nigeria up.

No one is gonna help us develop Nigeria if we don't. It's our house, our home, our land and if we don't take care of it, who will?
Well said bro, Nigerians deserve the best but often don't get that coming their way and you seem to blame that on the inability of Nigerians in keeping to Civic responsibility of paying taxes, Truth be told, Nigeria is often described as a country whose majority of its citizens barely earn up to 1 dollar daily, well this comparison use to be then when one dollar is equivalent to 140 naira. The inability of Nigerians to keep to their Civic responsibilities can solely be blamed on the government's failure to provide the necessary requirements for daily living to its citizens. Don't forget in the develop countries payment of taxes is not a matter of alternative, is an obligation or duty, in which failure to keep to that obligation is tantamount to litigation. The Nigeria government has not only denied its citizens what is there's but have gone to the extent of robbing them.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by veraponpo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
dunkem21:

Why call Atiku? Atiku paid the taxes billed to him by FIRS.

Did Buhari show Tax clearance receipts for his cows?

Buhari pays taxes at source as a salary or pension earner.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by yaki84: 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2019
veraponpo:
God bless this guy.

The only reason Nigerian government borrows money to finance projects, which many still condemn, is because many of the citizens, most especially the socialites and elites don't pay taxes.

Ask the entertainers, footballers, many of the elites, etc they dont pay taxes, yet they blame government and compare Nigeria with China or USA where taxes are paid without exception by all the citizens.

This does not exclude the commoners like mechanics, carpenters, vulcanizers, bricklayers, traders, etc. They earn and spend all their earnings yet they want power, water, roads, etc.

Change begins with us
they dont pay tax because those who r saddled with the responsibilities of checking.tax offenders n allocating the right tax to be paid by nigerians r being compromise.
do tinubu pay the right tax to lagos govt?
footballers who ply their trade outsidenigeria shhdnt pay tax to nigerian govt cos they r.already taxed where they ply their trade.
if atall they get call to rep.the country i think their salary shud always be taxed while paying them just like they do d civil.servants.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
AnanseK:

Yes agreed , but can we see copies of her tax clearance for the last 5 years please? Talk is cheap
Hmmmm, another good angle you just raised!
Deep!

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Chuknovski(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

No one is gonna help us develop Nigeria if we don't. It's our house, our home, our land. if we don't take care of it, who will?

There is no accountability for taxpayers efforts that's why they shy from it
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by abbey621(m): 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2019
ibietela2:

And in those countries they don't have a more convenient way of paying tax or a database for all its citizens?

They do and so do Nigeria. The only difference is that the enforcement agencies such as IRS in the U.S are feared. The IRS can ruin you and you'll have nowhere to run to. In Nigeria, bribery and padi padi is our logo.....lol
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by GEEBITE: 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
It is pathetic if at your level you can not differentiate between personal income tax and corporate tax.
veraponpo:

That is not true, he that comes to equity must come with clean hands. Did you see what Atiku file to INEC as evidence of his tax payment for 5 years? I think my tax is even higher.

Those elites are robbing us dry.

Only white collar jobbers are paying correct taxes through PAYE because it is deducted at source from their salaries. Others are not paying true taxes.

Change begin with them
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by abbey621(m): 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
Xisnin:

You apparently never left your village.
In advanced countries, the tax agencies actively monitors tax defaulters and charge them accordingly.
They don't wait for political comment, neither do they rely on people's goodwill before taking action.

It is just like a landlord complaining of not receiving rent without taking any action, such landlord must be a fool.

You also missed your civic classes, nobody is a criminal until pronounced so by a court.

Lol.....You apparently are ignorant! We actually agree here, enforcement in Nigeria is lacking hence the reason most people default. With regards to your last statement, many criminals are roaming about because enforcement and the justice system is inept, this does not take away from the fact that they are criminals. E.g- Mob bosses, yahoo boys, embezzlers etc.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by dfrost: 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
dunkem21:
Omotola will have a taste of what Tuface had. You can't voice your opinion without being attacked. They will scare her with Tax returns and she will crawl back.

But for the records, Nigerians pay tax. Income tax, company tax, PAYE, VAT etc.

We don't deserve this HELL of a country run by hypocrites.

What is Omotola voicing? Is she and hers not part of the rot in the system?

Her husband's private airplane that was towed off from the government's hanger after many years?

All of us are hypocrites. Simple.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by dfrost: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
post=77589442:

Hmmmm, another good angle you just raised!
Deep!

Don't mind her. I won't be surprised if that's what they used for 2Baba.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Amhappy(f): 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
So from clean money to we don't pay taxes. Continue
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Xisnin(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

Lol.....You apparently are ignorant! We actually agree here, enforcement in Nigeria is lacking hence the reason most people default. With regards to your last statement, many criminals are roaming about because enforcement and the justice system is inept, this does not take away from the fact that they are criminals. E.g- Mob bosses, yahoo boys, embezzlers etc.

They may be criminals to laypeople but not to the law.
You claim that criminals have no right, that is a lie.
Real criminals still retain most of their rights even after conviction.
As to those "roaming about", they weren't arrested, charged or convicted, so they are not criminals.
What you displayed here is the mentaility of SARS who kill people based on mere suspicion.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Inukwa: 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
Taxes r for those who don't have resources
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by bkool7(m): 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
natnoble:
many including myself pay tax but the tax payers money is often mismanaged by government officials including the one you are working in. hence the hellish nature of this country.

A tree cannot make a forest.
I pay too, but I don't think i know of three people in my extended family that do.

If the govt with only our taxes , it won't amount to something.

I quite agree with you that the little money govt make at not judiciously expended an they need to show some commitment to encourage more people to pay
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by abbey621(m): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
Xisnin:

They may be criminals to laypeople but not to the law.
You claim that criminals have no right, that is a lie.
Real criminals still retain most of their rights even after conviction.
As to those "roaming about", they weren't arrested, charged or convicted, so they are not criminals.
What you displayed here is the mentaility of SARS who kill people based on mere suspicion.

Your moral compass is dead! If legality was the barometer for morality, there would be little or no consequence for most negative actions. Someone rapes a woman, he was never caught and roams about publicly, such a person according to you is not a criminal. I never said criminals have no rights, I said voting rights. Real criminals lose certain rights after conviction, this is a fact and not really worth arguing over!
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by enemyofprogress: 1:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Things just dey bad more and more everyday
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by hinograce: 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
Is he saying only tax payers have the moral right to speak. We are alot that pay tax and even institutions that runnon out tax e.g NPF are the ones shooting innocent civilians. What do we get for paying taxes?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Aiyk2333: 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
iammo:
shocked

Too many unreasonable Nigerians.

Nigeria is hellish because there are no more free money, any Tom dickk and Harry don't get subsidy money, forex is no longer available to any scumbag that wants to import any and every thing.

Government now run TSA, so agency don't keep multiple account to defraud Nigerians. Shameless Prostitutes no longer see abuja as headquaters of free money.
the dumbest thing that has happened to nairaland.. all hail kind dumb with his foul mouthed menstruating mouth. That woman had built a legacy for herself that no matter how hellish the country gets she'll survive or move outta thecountry. she's crying for sorry souls like you who penury and agony had blinded that u can't even see.. The only thing this govt no how to do is always lay hands on fighting corruption, upholding the need for clean money.. the country is in a sorry state what's the way forward.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by limeta(f): 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
Tax for what ?
When Buhari won't tell us how much tax payers money he spent on medical treatment in London and that of his son in Germany .
Boo
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by sehin79(m): 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
we need to check omotola tax return ooo... the good manner and behaviour must start from her.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by blackboy(m): 2:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
Pay tax for what? We say USA etc pays tax to make their country great. Do our leaders pay tax ( right taxes )? The oil revenue is more than enough to develop this country. It is the oil riches that makes politics sweet. It is the oil that keeps nigreria 1. Let oil be found in the north you will hear another song. No road no hospital no water etc
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Rockyrascal(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
The Mr Ah mad is a disappointment to both the living and the dead....this is pure partisan politics!
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by styleewhyte(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
iammo:
shocked

Too many unreasonable Nigerians.

Nigeria is hellish because there are no more free money, any Tom dickk and Harry don't get subsidy money, forex is no longer available to any scumbag that wants to import any and every thing.

Government now run TSA, so agency don't keep multiple account to defraud Nigerians. Shameless Prostitutes no longer see abuja as headquaters of free money.

Why are Nigeria youths daft? Let me burst your bubbles...every single person that is doing something in this country pays his or her tax.....

Everybody that is working pays his/her income tax....
Every trader pay one levy or the other to both state and local government of his/her resience..
Transporters also pays on a daily basis....

Now tell me who amongst this elites actually has a business that is running in this damn country...

What Business is owned by Buhari...that is paying tax...
How many of all these governors actually has something they pay tax for...

Or is tax only for the masses?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Troops Neutralise Boko Haram/iswap Members At Kasha, Recover Weapons / Partisan Comparisons Of Channel Tv’s Seun And Arise Tv’s Rufai By Farooq Kperogi / Fresh Crisis Looms In APC As Party Members Threaten Exodus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.