Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again (27800 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / APC Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Over Money In Circulation Tweet / Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade For Saying Nigeria Is Hellish Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Asour: 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:
I mentioned something similar in one of the threads I created a while back.

Nigerians want the best things. You know, things like the Europeans have but dont want to pay for it. How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. Nigerians have to collectively contribute to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams.

Edit: there are so many mentions, I can't reply everyone. So i'll just write this as an edit....

I think we all (at least most of) agree that taxes needs to be paid for infrastructures to be built but corruption and unaccountability is still a huge problem.

One day though, we will have to trust a government to do the right thing with taxes earned. I sincerely think this government is heading in that direction (I might be wrong). And when we have that government, I sincerely hope that everyone in the country will then contribute their fair share of taxes to build Nigeria up.

No one is gonna help us develop Nigeria if we don't. It's our house, our home, our land. if we don't take care of it, who will?

Payment of taxes is always a good expectation.

But that's certainly not the problem with Nigeria.
This is clearly a case of an incorrigible fellow fighting back.

The Nigerian Government, I repeat the Nigerian government can collect any amount of tax they want to. ANY. It would mean nothing to them.

Waste + Incompetence + Corruption is the bane here, not taxes.

Take for instance, a recent tax imposed on Nigerians in the financial system called transfer Surcharge. for each transaction to a current account.
Be sure the govt has probably raised (Hundreds of millions) maybe Billions from its citizenry OUT OF THIN AIR without doing anything.

VAT may soon be raised(I hope not). Import duties on Imported Vehicles are at an all time high. The Federal government raises millions (in $) in Licenses from multinationals from time to time (Telecoms) and the Federal government also sells its assets occasionally.

My point is Money isn't the issue here. Money's never enough BUT justify the use of the one you have.

Everytime I hear of Railway projects in Nigeria I shudder.

Mr Andrew Forrest, an Australian Businessman created a Multinational Resource company in 2004 called Fortescue Metals Group. This company built its own railway infrastructure. not government. 280 km length railway. completed In 2008. 4 years. 1 man's vision.

Nigeria's total railway infrastructure currently stands at just over 4000 km. After Many years/governments.
Waste + Incompetence couldn't let us.

I'm no railway expert. Andrew Forrest isn't too. But you get the point. If you're serious it would show.

Taxes are Important. But Anyone who tells you non payment of taxes is our bane Now (the reason things are so) should go home and drum up a more potent excuse for non performance. I'll probably prefer telling me that excessive population growth is the bane, but that's a story for another day.

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by iammo(m): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
styleewhyte:

Why are Nigeria youths daft? Let me burst your bubbles...every single person that is doing something in this country pays his or her tax.....

Everybody that is working pays his/her income tax....
Every trader pay one levy or the other to both state and local government of his/her resience..
Transporters also pays on a daily basis....

Now tell me who amongst this elites actually has a business that is running in this damn country...

What Business is owned by Buhari...that is paying tax...
How many of all these governors actually has something they pay tax for...

Or is tax only for the masses?

Really?? Where in my write up did I blame the issue on poor taxation? Oga read my comment again and apologize afterwards
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by DJInfluence: 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
Who will want to pay tax, when the politicians are stealing the revenue from our natural resources? When there is enough honesty and accountability in Govt. am sure 75% of Nigerians will have no issue paying tax. Right now, politicians and civil servants (MDs and directors) are stealing our money and you are asking for us to pay tax.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by 1miccza: 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2019
Eshence:
how have the Nigeria government proven to been reliable with the once they have been collecting plus the monthly revenue received daily?

That still shouldn't stop anyone from paying their taxes though
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by iammo(m): 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
Aiyk2333:

the dumbest thing that has happened to nairaland.. all hail kind dumb with his foul mouthed menstruating mouth. That woman had built a legacy for herself that no matter how hellish the country gets she'll survive or move outta thecountry. she's crying for sorry souls like you who penury and agony had blinded that u can't even see.. The only thing this govt no how to do is always lay hands on fighting corruption, upholding the need for clean money.. the country is in a sorry state what's the way forward.
Typical low iq rubbish typing wailing dunce, Nigeria may be hellish for you but this celebreties are laughing hard at your stupity just like charly boy.
And to burst your silly bubble. No More free money In Abuja. All thanks to tsa. Our border is closed to expired food importation you either consumw locally or starve to death.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by 1miccza: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

We have laws, we have agencies responsible for enforcement but Nigerians will not adhere. The only thing we respond to is force. Even Omotola cannot say with full confidence that she is paying her fair share of taxes. You can't complain of a problem when you are contributing to it.

Trust me if these agencies alone are left to do the enforcement nothing will work and that's the problem here. There are laws against tax defaulters but no one will look towards that angle, everyone is interested in lining their pockets and there lies the problem, don't blame Omotola , blame the System. It's her right to express her views as a Nigerian, if you know something isn't right and you keep on supporting it, it's a Cardinal sin that will return to haunt you some day.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Legendguru: 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
oh
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by abbey621(m): 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
1miccza:

Trust me if these agencies alone are left to do the enforcement nothing will work and that's the problem here. There are laws against tax defaulters but no one will look towards that angle, everyone is interested in lining their pockets and there lies the problem, don't blame Omotola , blame the System. It's her right to express her views as a Nigerian, if you know something isn't right and you keep on supporting it, it's a Cardinal sin that will return to haunt you some day.

Sorry I disagree with you, especially the bold part. Yes the system is inept and faulty but those who manipulate it are also guilty. We make excuses for every negative thing in this country, from yahoo boys who are just jobless and taking back what their great great great grandfather lost to agberos who are just trying to survive. Our moral compass is so broken that we find it easy to blame the government but we don't realize we are the government.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by SmartMen: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

Nigerians want the best things. You know, things like the Europeans have but dont want to pay for it. How do expect world class infrastructures to be built when 90% do not even pay taxes. Just with Oil money

It doesn't work that way my friends. Nigerians have to collectively contribute to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams.

Edit: there are so many mentions, I can't reply everyone. So i'll just write this as an edit....

I think we all (at least most of) agree that taxes needs to be paid for infrastructures to be built but corruption and unaccountability is still a huge problem.

One day though, we will have to trust a government to do the right thing with taxes earned. I sincerely think this government is heading in that direction (I might be wrong). And when we have that government, I sincerely hope that everyone in the country will then contribute their fair share of taxes to build Nigeria up.

No one is gonna help us develop Nigeria if we don't. It's our house, our home, our land. if we don't take care of it, who will?

The one paid, what has been din with it? Abacha loot recovery, what was done with it? I didn't even bother to read the rest of your rubbish. Ghana is abolishing some taxes and winning our businesses and companies, you are here talking rubbish as if tax is the only a country gets money.

The money from oil that should have been used to diversify the economy is what your Bihari is using to search for more oil in the oil barren North.

Gold mining nko? Where does the money from there go?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by xelly: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
Per transaction in bank, we pay tax. What has it been used for?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by camaraderi(m): 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
veraponpo:
God bless this guy.

The only reason Nigerian government borrows money to finance projects, which many still condemn, is because many of the citizens, most especially the socialites and elites don't pay taxes.

Ask the entertainers, footballers, many of the elites, etc they dont pay taxes, yet they blame government and compare Nigeria with China or USA where taxes are paid without exception by all the citizens.

This does not exclude the commoners like mechanics, carpenters, vulcanizers, bricklayers, traders, etc. They earn and spend all their earnings yet they want power, water, roads, etc.

Change begins with us

I don't know of anyone who likes to pay taxes, You have to enforce it. Nigeria govt is lax about enforcement and until they start going after the celebrities and the politicians, no one will take them serious about tax collection.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by 1miccza: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

Sorry I disagree with you, especially the bold part. Yes the system is inept and faulty but those who manipulate it are also guilty. We make excuses for every negative thing in this country, from yahoo boys who are just jobless and taking back what their great great great grandfather lost to agberos who are just trying to survive. Our moral compass is so broken that we find it easy to blame the government but we don't realize we are the government.

Again you aren't wrong but we elected or selected some sets of people into positions of Authority so they can Lead us and at least create a Direction, in as much as we are the Government, if we go wrong and the head pin points that, then we will be good to go, but when the head is wrong and the body goes wrong too, then it's a clear cut recipe for disaster..
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by BigIyanga: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
The irony of it, is that GMB has been in corridor of power since 1960s..Commander of Naija Army involved in my coups.
Federal minister of Petroleum, Head of State, PTF Chairman, Elected president 2x.. Why still blaming previous admins as if he just landed from thd moon?!
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Mrjo(m): 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
veraponpo:
God bless this guy.

The only reason Nigerian government borrows money to finance projects, which many still condemn, is because many of the citizens, most especially the socialites and elites don't pay taxes.

Ask the entertainers, footballers, many of the elites, etc they dont pay taxes, yet they blame government and compare Nigeria with China or USA where taxes are paid without exception by all the citizens.

This does not exclude the commoners like mechanics, carpenters, vulcanizers, bricklayers, traders, etc. They earn and spend all their earnings yet they want power, water, roads, etc. Are you trying to tell me that those people you
Change begins with us
Are you trying to tell me that those people you mentioned didn't fall under those union the government are taxing or trying to be sentimental?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by nick50(m): 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Am a tax payer but I swear if I find a way to evade tax I will..I can't impoverish myself to increase the men with pot bellies to use it n pay for their kids studying abroad
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by IGrey(m): 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
just mark my words omotola or some other nollywood actors will start coming out for political positions
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by mrhowoto: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Pappyjim:
“...Ghana has abolished VAT on real estate sales.
Ghana has abolished VAT on financial services.
Ghana has abolished capital gains tax on sales of shares on the stock exchange.
Ghana has abolished import duty on spare parts.
Ghana has abolished the 1% import levy.
Ghana has abolished VAT on domestic airline tickets.
Ghana has reduced very significantly VAT on small traders from 17.5% to 3%.
Ghana is going to abolish all import duty on raw materials and machineries imported into Ghana.

Ghana is embarking on a massive industrialization drive called One District, One Factory. And there are 216 districts in Ghana. There is now a focus on production.

Now, Ghana has two major advantages: power issues sorted out and a peaceful democracy. Ghana with a population of 28m generates 4,577MW as at 2017. Nigeria with a population of 200m generates 5,000MW. Meanwhile, Ghana is building 2 power plants- a 400MW LNG-fired plant and a 600MW plant being built by Siemens.

Ok. What are the implications for Nigeria? We don't need soothsayers to predict how factories/companies will shut down in Nigeria and move to Ghana. Nigeria will just become a mere trading post for these companies because of our population while Ghana becomes the economic hub of West Africa. Our homes will be flooded with goods made in Ghana.

Other countries are thinking. Rwanda has taken our shine. Ethiopia has put on its thinking cap. Ghana has started an upward trajectory. Nigeria sits with its giant feet of clay. ...”

----Copied---
Best post on this thread.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by kayjay69(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
the main reason we borrow in my opinion is because we as a country have our priorities misplaced, we spend more on recurrent expenditure than we do on capital and even at that whatever we spend on rarely gets implemented to the fullest and even with that said, when it is implemented it is usually rife with corruption. We are borrowing to finance our national legislature for example. You really think if govt were to raise more in taxes they'll spend it wisely, hell no.

The notion you are putting forward right now is that celebrities shouldn't talk because some of them dont pay taxes. Here's one thing you forget, Omotola and other celebs like her are well connected and even if it is found out today that she doesn't pay taxes she will still get off the hook, the rich always look out for themselves. But here we are criticising someone for speaking out in a country where most if not everyone are YES-men. Oh, so we all must agree with the government of the day and God forbid we don't we will be asked to show tax returns.

The people whose tax returns you should be really after are the people in govt. Omotola to be best of my knowledge has never held a govt post, she's made her money through her talent (and business acumen I want to believe) over the years. I see no reason why she cannot criticise govt in so far as it is constructive.

This is my problem with Nigeria and Nigerians in general. Even if the Lord Jesus Christ and Prophet Mohammed were to pass their opinion of the govt of the day, people will still find means to criticise. Whereas we all suffer from bad roads, bad electricity and bad leadership yet still when someone who clearly has nothing to benefit from it simply reminds us, we throw stones.

We are our own worst enemy. We are our own problem. And it is no wonder we have a leader like the current one. Infact with this mindset, it will not be a surprise in the future to have leaders worse than the current crop.

As much as I get your narrative about payment of taxes and by all means I do pay mine. But you cannot criticise those who dont pay, I'm sure they have good reasons (as evidenced all around us) not to pay. Tax payment will not deliver Nigeria from its problems. If today ordinary people were to see clearly the dividend of their taxes, they will gladly pay cos they'll be encouraged to. You even fail to realise that the people who often subvert the tax payment process are not the low to middle class income earners, they are usually people who own businesses, big rich men connected to people in govt. Same old same.
veraponpo:
God bless this guy.

This does not exclude the commoners like mechanics, carpenters, vulcanizers, bricklayers, traders, etc. They earn and spend all their earnings yet they want power, water, roads, etc.

Change begins with us
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by banio: 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2019
jayfolarin:

Our problem is Nigeria ( our leaders ) not Nigerians ( people that are victimized ). A Nigerian went to tax office to report that his tax have not been paid for five years. Instead of the tax office getting details from him and going to where he works. The tax office started threatening him, as if he has been the one evading tax. The innocent guy simply sneaked out and went to give thanks giving that he was not arrested and charged for not paying tax. While the company he works for deducts tax from his salary every month. I guess of recent some FIR personnels were arrested and charged for tax fraud. No sincerity in the work force.

When you inform FIR of tax evasion, they will go behind and strike a deal and divert the money to their personnel accounts. We need an open report system of tax evasion and government must be willing to charge offenders, instead of paddy paddy.

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by abbey621(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
1miccza:

Again you aren't wrong but we elected or selected some sets of people into positions of Authority so they can Lead us and at least create a Direction, in as much as we are the Government, if we go wrong and the head pin points that, then we will be good to go, but when the head is wrong and the body goes wrong too, then it's a clear cut recipe for disaster..

Agree! Which brings us back to the topic at hand, can we really blame the government when we contribute to the problem? Nigeria will never be great because the body and head are rotten. Nigerians are born, corrupted by their environment, grow up into politicians/business people and big shots then end up making life moe difficult for their fellow Nigerians. It's a vicious cycle!
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by deomelo: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
Hell was when BH was in total control of Nigerian territory with their flags flying all over Borno state.

Hell was when BH was blowing up Nigerians at will left and right

Hell was when BH was beheading Nigerians and releasing ugly and disgusting views every day to remind us per their power and presence.

Hell was when BH was when BH blew up and killed dozens of Nigerians in Abuja, just a few miles from where the president sleeps.

Hell was when our treasury was at the disposal of institutionalised looters like GEJ and his looting and stealing cronies.

Hell was when GEJ stole our $2.7 billion (Money enough to construct 2 Lagos Ibadan railway) and gave it to DASUKI ATM to share with his PDP crooked and corrupt cronies like FFK, Fayose, Metuh and others.

Hell was when year after year, budget after budgets, Nigerians end up with zero newly constructed road, bridges, power plants, railways, hospitals and basic infrastructures.

Luckily for Nigerians, the above is history.

Obviously, this woman doesn't know the meaning of hell.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by 1miccza: 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

Agree! Which brings us back to the topic at hand, can we really blame the government when we contribute to the problem? Nigeria will never be great because the body and head are rotten. Nigerians are born, corrupted by their environment, grow up into politicians/business people and big shots then end up making life moe difficult for their fellow Nigerians. It's a vicious cycle!

Exactly and that is why we will keep on speaking up, till these norms will become a thing of the past..
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Propsvilla(m): 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2019
Pappyjim:
“...Ghana has abolished VAT on real estate sales.
Ghana has abolished VAT on financial services.
Ghana has abolished capital gains tax on sales of shares on the stock exchange.
Ghana has abolished import duty on spare parts.
Ghana has abolished the 1% import levy.
Ghana has abolished VAT on domestic airline tickets.
Ghana has reduced very significantly VAT on small traders from 17.5% to 3%.
Ghana is going to abolish all import duty on raw materials and machineries imported into Ghana.

Ghana is embarking on a massive industrialization drive called One District, One Factory. And there are 216 districts in Ghana. There is now a focus on production.

Now, Ghana has two major advantages: power issues sorted out and a peaceful democracy. Ghana with a population of 28m generates 4,577MW as at 2017. Nigeria with a population of 200m generates 5,000MW. Meanwhile, Ghana is building 2 power plants- a 400MW LNG-fired plant and a 600MW plant being built by Siemens.

Ok. What are the implications for Nigeria? We don't need soothsayers to predict how factories/companies will shut down in Nigeria and move to Ghana. Nigeria will just become a mere trading post for these companies because of our population while Ghana becomes the economic hub of West Africa. Our homes will be flooded with goods made in Ghana.

Other countries are thinking. Rwanda has taken our shine. Ethiopia has put on its thinking cap. Ghana has started an upward trajectory. Nigeria sits with its giant feet of clay. ...”

----Copied---
What do you expect when the likes of Buhari a core herder is in control. The man lacks ideas, vision and what it takes to move even a local village forward not to talk of a country like Nigeria. Shame on Nigeria Leaders.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Image123(m): 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
ibietela2:

Not every one is as low as you

It pained you so much that you had to be personal. I said the truth, deal with it, not me.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by BigIyanga: 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
deomelo:
Hell was when BH was in total control of Nigerian territory with their flags flying all over Borno state.

Hell was when BH was blowing up Nigerians at will left and right

Hell was when BH was beheading Nigerians and releasing ugly and disgusting views every day to remind us per their power and presence.

Hell was when BH was when BH blew up and killed dozens of Nigerians in Abuja, just a few miles from where the president sleeps.

Hell was when our treasury was at the disposal of institutionalised looters like GEJ and his looting and stealing cronies.

Hell was when GEJ stole our $2.7 billion (Money enough to construct 2 Lagos Ibadan railway) and gave it to DASUKI ATM to share with his PDP crooked and corrupt cronies like FFK, Fayose, Metuh and others.

Hell was when year after year, budget after budgets, Nigerians end up with zero newly constructed road, bridges, power plants, railways, hospitals and basic infrastructures.

Luckily for Nigerians, the above is history.

Obviously, this woman doesn't know the meaning of hell.
This stale.. GMB has been in the corridor of power since 1960s..He and Abacha introduced us to refined fuel import
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by abbey621(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
1miccza:

Exactly and that is why we will keep on speaking up, till these norms will become a thing of the past..

Yes speak up but also pay your taxes and obey the laws.....Politicans and government people are wicked but we must not let them turn us to savages grin grin grin grin
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by deomelo: 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
BigIyanga:

This stale.. GMB has been in the corridor of power since 1960s..He and Abacha introduced us to refined fuel import

My post wasn't for ignorant and unintelligent village Igbos, kindly descend back to your village ipob level.

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by ibietela2(m): 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

They do and so do Nigeria. The only difference is that the enforcement agencies such as IRS in the U.S are feared. The IRS can ruin you and you'll have nowhere to run to. In Nigeria, bribery and padi padi is our logo.....lol

BUT the IRS made it easy to pay tax, try going to file tax return at CAC
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by SmartMen: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

My post wasn't for ignorant and unintelligent village Igbos, kindly descend back to your village ipob level.
omotola is ipob
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by 1miccza: 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
abbey621:

Yes speak up but also pay your taxes and obey the laws.....Politicans and government people are wicked but we must not let them turn us to savages grin grin grin grin

Now you are talking bro..
Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by deomelo: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
SmartMen:
omotola is ipob

I don't remember quoting Omotola on NL/In this thread.

Go away if you have nothing better to say..

Re: Bashir Ahmad Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Again by Saintbee: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Smily202:

This is good observation but the problem is that the government has not created an avenue for 100% people to pay tax and the tax already been paid to government is not accounted for.

I have a Bus driver in my area that spend upto #2000 eryyday to settle Agboro ppl (Road Transport workers) but those money are not accountable to anyone. They psiphone it same way they psiphone our oil.money.

Idia Ize-Iyamu Storms Auchi In Edo North For APC Campaign (Photos) / Yahaya Bello Invites Young Boy Who Drew His Portrait, Places Him On Scholarship / Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98