Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,502 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) (2215 Views)

Many Are Married But Only A Few Can Understand This Math Is A Language(mr Shape) / Just Got This From South Africa Let's See D First Nigerian To Get It (mr Shape) / If You Get This Then You Have An IQ above Average (mr Shape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2019
Solid foods belongs to matured people, at this time everyone know what eight sided polygon is called, but what, how do we interact with an irregular polygon I believe it is a problem to many,
Show your workings
What is the area of the eight sided polygon?

1 Share

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:42am On Apr 17, 2019
Anyone?
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by RTSC: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2019
We have to draw the diagonals from each of the vertices so as to form some triangles.

Finding the areas of the different triangles and summing them up gives the area of the irregular polygon.

1 Like

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2019
RTSC:
We have to draw the diagonals from each of the vertices so as to form some triangles.

Finding the areas of the different triangles and summing them up gives the area of the irregular polygon.
OK sir try it out and give us the workings
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Hatima: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2019
Octagon

2 Likes

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 9:14am On Apr 17, 2019
Hatima:
Octagon
Smile
Since you know the name can you please solve its area for us?
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2019
Any one ?
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Bukswag(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2019
I really would like to learn shapes. Though I'm not really solid at maths.

Please suggest PDF or websites
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
Bukswag:
I really would like to learn shapes. Though I'm not really solid at maths.

Please suggest PDF or websites
PDF will not teach you shape, not even all maths teachers can boost of Shape, shape is for does that can see and draw connections or relationship in things that are not obvious,
The best way to learn shape is practice,
Try and see the connection between already SOLVED shapes and the questions, ask questions on were you are not clear and know basic formula

1 Like

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Anyone?
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Bukswag(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

PDF will not teach you shape, not even all maths teachers can boost of Shape, shape is for does that can see and draw connections or relationship in things that are not obvious,
The best way to learn shape is practice,
Try and see the connection between already SOLVED shapes and the questions, ask questions on were you are not clear and know basic formula

Thanks!
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
@ifada123
A = (3√(17+12√2))+(2√(22+12√2) = 29.9705627 (7 d.p.)

2 Likes

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 3:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
Martinez39:
@ifada123
You are very correct but show your sketch or your complete analysis.
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Martinez39:
@ifada123
You are very correct but show your sketch or your complete analysis.
Meanwhile let me show my perspective too
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
Workings here,
Look forward to my next shape.
I remain Mr shape.

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
RTSC:

Here is the workings sir.

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
If you have any objection or questions to my workings you can please express yourself let's clear the doubt.
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Mitocyan: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:
If you have any objection or questions to my workings you can please express yourself let's clear the doubt.
This is unacceptable, how can you just rearrange the configurations of the sides of the octagon!!!!
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
It works that way
As far the lenghts are same and it is also inscrbed in same circle the polygon is same,
Mitocyan:

This is unacceptable, how can you just rearrange the configurations of the sides of the octagon!!!!
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mitocyan:

I can work it out with another method and still get same answer using the figure the way it was originally.

1 Like

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by femi4: 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:
Workings here,
Look forward to my next shape.
I remain Mr shape.
This is wrong and you know it.
The 2s follow one another, same as the 3s but your sketch says otherwise
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Mitocyan: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:
Solid foods belongs to matured people, at this time everyone know what eight sided polygon is called, but what, how do we interact with an irregular polygon I believe it is a problem to many,
Show your workings
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by femi4: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

I can work it out with another method and still get same answer using the figure the way it was originally.
Better you come around with acceptable method
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Mitocyan: 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:
Show your workings
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mitocyan:

Check it out
I skiped some simplification though

1 Like

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
femi4:
This is wrong and you know it.
The 2s follow one another, same as the 3s but your sketch says otherwise
It is correct check my other solution,
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
You can drop your opinion I will attend to them soon,
I am in a meeting now
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by femi4: 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

It is correct check my other solution,
But its not same shape, i don't care about the solution
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Mitocyan: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

Check it out

This is very smart and intelligent. Although cos 135degree is -ve of cos45degree. This will alter your final answer. As a result you should obtain R as Sqrt[(13/2)+3sqrt2]=3.2776 which tallies with my answer. There shouldn't be minus inside that sqrt like you got. At the end my answer will still be correct. Shoot me an email at TERECUKAMAYA_AT_GMAIL_DOT_COM let's relate
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by femi4: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

Check it out
r should be √ 13/2 + 3√2

Cos 135 = - cos 45

1 Like

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Mitocyan: 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:
It works that way
As far the lenghts are same and it is also inscrbed in same circle the polygon is same,

Ok, I understand now. It is just like dividing the Octagon into 8 triangles and rearranging the triangles to suit our agenda. Smart move. Now I must admit you are truly MR Shape. Haha
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Mitocyan: 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

Check it out

Was it Heron's formula you used to arrive at the areas of triangles with bases 2 and 3?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Government Scholarship Exam Date / Nigeria Universities With Only Two Professors. / 11 Easy Ways To Build Self Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.