Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,003 members, 7,852,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) (2253 Views)

Many Are Married But Only A Few Can Understand This Math Is A Language(mr Shape) / Just Got This From South Africa Let's See D First Nigerian To Get It (mr Shape) / If You Get This Then You Have An IQ above Average (mr Shape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by dipseacon: 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
Area kor, area boy ni. You go see how afonja dem go avoid this post with all their life. grin
ifada123:
Solid foods belongs to matured people, at this time everyone know what eight sided polygon is called, but what, how do we interact with an irregular polygon I believe it is a problem to many,
Show your workings
What is the area of the eight sided polygon?
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mitocyan:

This is very smart and intelligent. Although cos 135degree is -ve of cos45degree. This will alter your final answer. As a result you should obtain R as Sqrt[(13/2)+3sqrt2]=3.2776 which tallies with my answer. There shouldn't be minus inside that sqrt like you got. At the end my answer will still be correct. Shoot me an email at TERECUKAMAYA_AT_GMAIL_DOT_COM let's relate
Yes I actually use the + to evaluate, the final answer,
Check your solution again sir, because from all methods ihave used the answer ends up at 13+12√2
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mitocyan:

This is very smart and intelligent. Although cos 135degree is -ve of cos45degree. This will alter your final answer. As a result you should obtain R as Sqrt[(13/2)+3sqrt2]=3.2776 which tallies with my answer. There shouldn't be minus inside that sqrt like you got. At the end my answer will still be correct. Shoot me an email at TERECUKAMAYA_AT_GMAIL_DOT_COM let's relate
Yes I actually use the + to evaluate, the final answer,
Check your solution again sir, because from all methods ihave used the answer ends up at 13+12√2
Mitocyan:

Was it Heron's formula you used to arrive at the areas of triangles with bases 2 and 3?
Find the height and use it for evaluation or you can also use hero's formula ,
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
femi4:
r should be √ 13/2 + 3√2

Cos 135 = - cos 45
Yes that is true. Is + not - thanks.
that was what I used later to evaluate
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mitocyan:

Ok, I understand now. It is just like dividing the Octagon into 8 triangles and rearranging the triangles to suit our agenda. Smart move. Now I must admit you are truly MR Shape. Haha
Exertly you got the idea.
Thanks for the acknowledgement

1 Like

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Mitocyan: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

Check it out
I skiped some simplification though

I just corrected the solution down from R and I still arrived at the answer I got with my method.

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mitocyan:

Was it Heron's formula you used to arrive at the areas of triangles with bases 2 and 3?
No 1/2 X base X height
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2019
You took squaroot of your semi perimeter,
Whe n you sum all the sides you divide by 2
The you get s
That's is when you take the squaroot of(s(s-a)(s-b)(s-c)
If I observed your solution clearly,
Please check
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Hatima: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

Smile
Since you know the name can you please solve its area for us?
Area? Abeg explain
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hatima:
Area? Abeg explain
I have solved it check my solution diagram above.
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mitocyan:

The height of base 2
Will be √((radius^2 -(3/2)^2))
The height of 2
Will be √((radius)^2-(2/2)^2)
Then you already know the height you can then use 1/2xbase xheight to get the area

1 Like

Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by Hatima: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
ifada123:

I have solved it check my solution diagram above.
Seen..why u cm ask us.. grin
Re: An Eight Sided Polygon Is Called What? SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hatima:
Seen..why u cm ask us.. grin
Lol, I just posted the solution after someone got the answer,
There is beauty in variety,
U might think of Connections I have never taught of,
So we can learn from each other.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UI Faculty President Who Disappeared After 26-page Suicide Note Has Been Found / Msc Programme In Ghana / Studying In Canada Or Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.