Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,087 members, 7,953,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) (40097 Views)

Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please / Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) / Drunk Man Being Transported In A Hilux Van Spotted Urinating In Public (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by kingBenedict: 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

What if I told you guys that we could have MODERN AMBULANCES, ETC...like the ones we see aborad....IF WE PAID MORE TAXES.

Many Nigerians cry about how bad things are, and then port to countries like Canada, UK and US...where they pay municipal taxes as high as N30000 monthly or more....and in return, ambulance service is among the stuff provided.

Our health care budget was N800billion out of N8 trillion naira...that's 2billion USD. In the USA...the state of New Youk has a budget of $160BN USD.

And we expect miracles from our scanty budget of $22trillion naira.?

And corruption is eating our budget as well...meanwhile PDP and APC supporters are defending their corrupt politicans well well...

If you want nice stuff....PAY TAXES. If you want increased funding..PAY HIGHER TAXES. Our tax rate is 0-24% In developed countries it can be has high as 50% per annum.
People need to be sensitized I guess, but how do you sensitize people you have be failing since 1999? It will be hard cos as humans, we need signs...if your landlord increase house rent cos him talk say him wan revamp him house and you agree to pay the first time...if him no come revamp the house, you go gree pay that same rent again if you know say him never revamp the house wey him talk say him go revamp?
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
kingBenedict:
People need to be sensitized I guess, but how do you sensitize people you have be failing since 1999? It will be hard cos as humans, we need signs...if your landlord increase house rent cos him talk say him wan revamp him house and you agree to pay the first time...if him no come revamp the house, you go gree pay that same rent again if you know say him never revamp the house wey him talk say him go revamp?

Then you move out of the house....

Lagos paid high taxes...and they have a top class ambulance service.

And 80% of Lagosians are POOR.
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by magicminister: 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

What if I told you guys that we could have MODERN AMBULANCES, ETC...like the ones we see aborad....IF WE PAID MORE TAXES.

Many Nigerians cry about how bad things are, and then port to countries like Canada, UK and US...where they pay municipal taxes as high as N30000 monthly or more....and in return, ambulance service is among the stuff provided.

Our health care budget was N800billion out of N8 trillion naira...that's 2billion USD. In the USA...the state of New Youk has a budget of $160BN USD.

And we expect miracles from our scanty budget of $22billionn naira.?

And corruption is eating our budget as well...meanwhile PDP and APC supporters are defending their corrupt politicans well well...

If you want nice stuff....PAY TAXES. If you want increased funding..PAY HIGHER TAXES. Our tax rate is 0-24% In developed countries it can be has high as 50% per annum.

MODIFIED

Guys....YOU CANNOT EXPECT TO BUY A CAR OF 8 million for just 8000 naira

Yet you guys want USA , UK , EUROPEAN level of CARE for a fraction of the amount they spend there for health care??

By the way, anyone who quotes me to insult or abuse me would be reported to the mods. I have made my point without insults. You can do the same too. Uncivilized remarks would be reported.

Tax free countries like UAE still have better healthcare than ours. Before you say their population is smaller than ours, ask yourself if our government has made even the smallest impact in our country. Do you have 1 just one world class publicl hospital in Nigeria?
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by mysticgal(f): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

Yet you guys want USA , UK , EUROPEAN level of CARE for a fraction of the amount they spend there for health care??

By the way, anyone who quotes me to insult or abuse me would be reported to the mods. I have made my point without insults. You can do the same too. Uncivilized remarks would be reported.

you deserve kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
magicminister:

Tax free countries like UAE still have better healthcare than ours. Before you say their population is smaller than ours, ask yourself if our government has made even the smallest impact in our country. Do you have 1 just one world class publicl hospital in Nigeria?

UAE produces 2.5million barrels of oil per day...and their population is 11million

Nigeria manages at 2.01 million barrels per day and we are 200million.

And you expect UAE LEVEL with a high population??

grin grin grin grin grin

And you said population does not matter...IT DOES.

The problem is even compounded by the very low prices we pay as power which means power supply can't be fixed.

We are not a rich nation...and the CORRUPTION makes it worse.

1 Like

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by kingBenedict: 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:

Then you move out of the house....

Lagos paid high taxes...and they have a top class ambulance service.

And 80% of Lagosians are POOR.
I don't think you got my message...the rent thing was an instance...no wahala sha...
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by ozo13(m): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

well explained.kudos.people sha want miracle by all means
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Acidosis(m): 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

You're an irresponsible citizen.

And where are the taxes supposed to come from? From jobless zombies like you, from over 2 million JAMB applicants, 18.5k corp members or those on 30k Npower stipends?

Is this a case of low taxes or useless and irresponsible government?
Who told you Nigerians don't pay tax? Have you ever seen a Nigerian worker in the private or public sector that fails to pay tax?

Are you aware the "GDP" of Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft and Twitter is twice the GDP of the entire lazy black African continent?
Na tax help Amazon ba?

How's tax meant to cure the African madness oga tax collector?

Just recently, Microsoft predicts about 54% growth in earnings by 2024, while your lazy and God forsaken continent expect a meagre 2.5% growth in 5 years.

Do you know what that means, you shouldn't expect more than 2.5% increment in whatever you have now by 2024, let's assume you're wise enough to keep your job till then.

Na tax go cure this una crase ba?

1 Like

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Tsam96(m): 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

Nice write-up sir and we get the point. But let's take a minute and sincerely answer this question. Is non payment of tax Nigeria's real problem. Do you sincerely believe that if every single person in Nigeria paid their tax that the excess money won't go straight into some people's pocket instead of doing what the money is meant for. Think about that for a moment and u will see that non-payment of tax is only part of the strings of problem Nigeria has..it's not an excuse for the mediocrity in governance we face everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by magicminister: 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:

UAE produces 2.5million barrels of oil per day...and their population is 11million

Nigeria manages at 2.01 million barrels per day and we are 200million.

And you expect UAE LEVEL with a high population??

grin grin grin grin grin

And you said population does not matter...IT DOES.

The problem is even compounded by the very low prices we pay as power which means power supply can't be fixed.

We are not a rich nation...and the CORRUPTION makes it worse.

I knew that would be your argument but even with our high population and limited resources, one would expect at least some level of progress to be made in some areas.
We don’t have roads, security, education, hospital, electricity, water, public transportation.

All I’m asking is which aspect of national development has the government succeeded?

Building 36 world class hospitals (one in each state) is achievable but has it been done?

Guy shift before I vex.
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by capitalzero: 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

how much workers earning 18,000 monthly should be paying as tax? about 50% Nigerians 're living below #300 per day. data shows 86.9 million Nigerians are living in extreme poverty represents nearly 50% of its estimated 180 million population. where wil taxes come from? from middle class? note that people earning moderate wages are responsible for welfare of millions of nigeria.
government should do the right thing. Any sectorial reform without total restructuring of the country is mere academic exercise. cost of governance is too much. corruption is rampant. many Nigerians cannot survive without some form of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by winsh: 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
if we pay more taxes it increases the amount of money for the thieving politicians to loot. The oil companies in Nigeria literally pay over 50% as petroleum taxes, what has the fed govet done with this? Nigeria is richer than a lot of these foreign first world countries but the money hungry politicians and leaders that don't see things beyond their lifetime will not allow the country to be great
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Harshirama(m): 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

I support all you said except the ambulance issue. I visit Reddit frequently and most of them complain healthcare costs. Most Americans prefer to visit the ER themselves rather than use an ambulance. Mismanagement of funds is the main issue in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

You are certainly enjoying from the current arrangement we have in this country... There is no way a sane human being will support more tax from Nigerians at this time the nation is next to hell...

Whatever happened to cutting cost of governance by the elites... Their allowances etc...

1 Like

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by BrokenCock: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

mtchewww stop staying in that overseas to comment what u don't know. Nigerians should pay more taxes so that those your uncle's in senate and your aunties in govt will keep sharing among themselves abi ? If u like block me , 7 other acct are on standby
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by backnbeta(f): 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

Did you consider minimum wage in those countries?

1 Like

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by cococandy(f): 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
Americans also have higher income in order to afford to pay such taxes

tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by yaki84: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

shud we now start taxing jobless people n madmen roaming d street so we can have more mony to pay awa legislators to make laws that wont even be obeyed by the elites
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Redeakaa(m): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:

You make good points...

And this is where...(I hate using this comment)..change begins with you.

Democracy is hard work. Yet, many of us don't hold our polticians accountable. Many of us even defend them thoroughly, and many of us even talk of revolution...when all they want is their own share of the cake.

Lagos, they pay taxes there well well. So much so that Bubu brought the Fowler to come and do his magic on FIRS.And they have an effective first response/firebrigade// ambulance service.

In Nigeria? Many of us don't pay light bills, water bills, etc....even taxes. And we complain when these things don't work and we have to go and spend billions on generators and boreholes.

Lagos has a lot of corrupt politicans. YET....see what their taxes do. We have to face relaity in Nigeria. Either we pay the money needed for a good working ambulance service that would be well maintained...or we continue with what we saw in the picture.

And I hate saying that...but facts is facts. You canna get much out of a health budget of $2billion. A single ambulance costs $10000-20000. One ambulance for every LG in Nigeria would cost .....and then there are maintennace costs, fuel costs, trained worker costs...etc...

well said.....but have u made your own change.....its an honest question and am not tryin to be rude:/
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Icon4s(m): 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
This is an old video na
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by dkronicle(m): 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:
angry

That reminds me of an encounter i had rescuing someone from an inferno back in the days.

I was quietly smoking my marijuana and blasting Bob Marley's songs ...

when i started smelling what was definitely not weed undecided

Thick smoke was billowing from bellow the door next to mine.

I banged my shoulder into the door, crashing in and my left shoulder turned instantly into half-cooked suya. undecided

I saw this girl lying down, crying weakly, all the curtains and the couches were ablaze shocked shocked

Everything i touched seared my palms so i rushed into the bathroom to look for something wet to douse the fire between us.

I wrapped the girl in the towel and i discovered the entrance was aflame and no way out embarassed

I took her in my arms, took a running start and crashed through the window facing the street.

There was a loud WHOOSH and the increase of oxygen made the fire roar louder behind us.

While plunging through the air, i remembered to my dismay that........

WE LIVE ON THE 5TH FLOOR!!!

TO BE CONTINUED... undecided
Guy we suppose be padi o. I de feel u gan. Madman
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Indomie001: 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

Modifed...

This is my last comment on this matter tonight.

The truth is, we are a poor country. And the stealing is not corruption crew in both parties are making it worse. We have a budget of $22bn, while one state in the USA has a budget of $160bn and we are demanding a level of care similar to that state...and we have a much higher population to boot.

Either we work harder for our money....or we accept we are poor and live with it.

Either we stop tolerating corruption, because many of the Nairalanders here, prefer to defend corruption so long as it is their side...or it continues.

Lagos has the best emergency response in Nigeria...because Lagosians...the vast majority of whom are POOR pay higher taxes than the rest of the country.

We cannot pay N200 for a N200000000 service. The minute we wake up to that, as well as to the hard work we need to to as a democracy to hold all leaders to account the better.

One final thought....I think that it is high time we toned down the toxicity and tribalism on this site. Nairaland has become a venue for toxic tribal wars and hate. Hate has already nearly wrecked us as a nation. Let us not go that way again

Thank you and goodningt.
Gbam!!!

May God bless the wonderful person behind this moniker.

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Hadampson(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

What is the assurance that if we pay high taxes, it won't be embezzled by those old fools undecided

Even if we pay taxes more than USA, i swear to God, there won't be any development at all

Nigeria is disorganized boss

1 Like

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
oracle009:

I felt like CURSING you with the gibberish you wrote, but I changed my mind in the spirit of lent. You speak as if you don't live in this country or read about this country. Ofcourse, what you wrote is obtainable in SANE countries... I know how much I currently pay as PAYE and I am currently typing this from a long queue for fuel to power my Generator.
Brother, please be guided when you speak next time. The taxes being levied, can you point to projects done by it to improve the masses' lives? Please, let's be guided o

Eyah but I think if there's no rapid response then the state government is at fault. Lagos has it sha. Another thing I observed is that the hospitals provide ambulances, we don't even know if any hospital was contacted and refused to give their ambulance to these victims.

1 Like

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by ellizy(m): 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

Does Bihari pay tax before he was been flew out of the country for check up?

MODIFIED

Modifed...

The truth is, we are a poor country. And the stealing is not corruption crew in both parties are making it worse. We have a budget of $22bn, while one state in the USA has a budget of $160bn and we are demanding a level of care similar to that state...and we have a much higher population to boot.

Either we work harder for our money....or we accept we are poor and live with it.

Either we stop tolerating corruption, because many of the Nairalanders here, prefer to defend corruption so long as it is their side...or it continues.

Lagos has the best emergency response in Nigeria...because Lagosians...the vast majority of whom are POOR pay higher taxes than the rest of the country.

We cannot pay N200 for a N200000000 service. The minute we wake up to that, as well as to the hard work we need to to as a democracy to hold all leaders to account the better.

One final thought....I think that it is high time we toned down the toxicity and tribalism on this site. Nairaland has become a venue for toxic tribal wars and hate. Hate has already nearly wrecked us as a nation. Let us not go that way again

Thank you and goodningt.

1 Like

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by oracle009(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:

I am reporting you to the mods.

You can make your points without cursing.

Good evening, and grow up, little baby.

Old man, weldone... Mods aren't as dumb as you think. I won't join words with someone who can't understand the difference between 'I feel like cursing you' and 'I will curse you'... Good night old man and rest well
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by fireinmyborns: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
OK...

MODIFIED

Modifed...

Thank you and goodningt.

Oga, I want to start by saying that I salute your write up that is devoid of insults. For your information, the provision of ambulance services in America is not about tax payment. If you have any reason to use the ambulance, it's the individual that pays for it. Pls let me ask, do you need higher taxes as a government to provide emergency services in an airport that is own and managed by same government? The incident goes to show how we as a people lack the ability to plan. How many Nigerians have insurance on their properties and belongings? The answer is less than 1%. That is why at every life unplanned event we start calling on government. Peoples house go up in flames in America every day but they dont call on government, rather they run to their insurance companies. They only call on government when it's a natural disaster. My humble submission is to for us to put elected officials under scrutiny so as to force them to apply the available resources to good of all.
Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by LINTUNE(m): 7:24am On Apr 18, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:
angry

That reminds me of an encounter i had rescuing someone from an inferno back in the days.

I was quietly smoking my marijuana and blasting Bob Marley's songs ...

when i started smelling what was definitely not weed undecided

Thick smoke was billowing from bellow the door next to mine.

I banged my shoulder into the door, crashing in and my left shoulder turned instantly into half-cooked suya. undecided

I saw this girl lying down, crying weakly, all the curtains and the couches were ablaze shocked shocked

Everything i touched seared my palms so i rushed into the bathroom to look for something wet to douse the fire between us.

I wrapped the girl in the towel and i discovered the entrance was aflame and no way out embarassed

I took her in my arms, took a running start and crashed through the window facing the street.

There was a loud WHOOSH and the increase of oxygen made the fire roar louder behind us.

While plunging through the air, i remembered to my dismay that........

WE LIVE ON THE 5TH FLOOR!!!

[img]https://media./images/50d98e7ec2398b81fbc588bea3c3b52e/tenor.gif[/img]

TO BE CONTINUED... undecided
whats the title of the movie?.. Spiderman 2? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Princess Dr. Mercy Seaphrora Uwakwe, Nigerian -american Medical Doctor / Man Who Produces Fake Peak Milk In Calabar Arrested By NAFDAC / Lady Who Lost Her Hand In An Accident Shares Amazing Photos After Recuperation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.