Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,056 members, 7,953,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria (36511 Views)

Josephine Okwuekeleke Tolefe: The First Female Army Officer In Nigeria / My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by hakeem4(m): 6:02am On Apr 18, 2019
Agugbadin:
Does this change the fact that our roads does not last more than six months after our civil engineers have finished their construction work or the buildings that are collapsing all over the country due to their incompetency
most contracts are not given to professional civil engineer. rather the politicians hijack it and share it among themselves
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Agwaso: 6:05am On Apr 18, 2019
Unfortunately this woman is from Akwaibom state and was married to a yoruba man. get you fact straight.

IjebuWarrior:
It has to be Yoruba as usual! We don't brag or make noise about success... It's normalcy to us. cool

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Kirchhoff01(m): 7:03am On Apr 18, 2019
mynaijadj:
BM and SF......i feel you.If you were finding those difficult, how did you handle fluid mechanics in 400L?
Those were Engineering foundation course we did in 200L,
Engineering Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Basic E.E etc...
I studied Computer Engineering
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by barapistis(m): 8:29am On Apr 18, 2019
gospi:
A female home tutor is needed at 6th Avenue Festac Lagos.To teach two kids :Pry 6 and Pry 2. For three days in a week .Mondays ,Wednesdays and Fridays .
Time 5pm - 7pm.
Salary is 20k monthly .
I need someone who stays or works around Festac.
Interested persons should chat me up on Whatsapp on 08160903487.

Teaching in festsc

Working 9 hours to earn #20000(shey the person go see food chop self)

Most business people need review their business before getting people employed

But why I jumb in self

When most men ain't capable but fucking and making babies without responsibilities
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2019
sirqeeboi:

She could be the first to earn the title of Eng ,receiving the degree first doesn't mean someone who obtained it after you can be Engr b4 you
You're economical with the truth. Engr. (Ms) Ebele Okeke's father owned a civil engineering firm, a very big one in the Eastern region then. Most of the road and housing constructions in the Eastern region then were done by that firm. So, her father from Nnewi in Anambra State sent his brother (a twin) to study Civil Engineering in England. When he came back, he joined the firm. He later sent his daughter to go and study civil engineering because of his firm, and when she came back, she worked in her father's company first, before going into the federal civil service as a water engineer cos she had PGDs in water engineering, hydrology and hydrobiology too. She set up the Association of Professional Women in Engineering. Her father also sent one of the twin brothers (by name Dr Nlogha Okeke) to go and study Medicine in England, and when he came back, he established the Eastern Nigerian Medical Centre, Enugu for his brother. When the Federal Govt took over the hospital, he went to court and reclaimed it for his brother. That twin brothers of her father were class mates of the immediate late Oba of Benin. The late Oba of Benin came to Enugu to do his secondary school in the same school that her father's twin brothers were studying. The late Oba had great respect for Ebele's father, and when he became Oba after the death of his father, he gave Ebele's father a chieftaincy title. He also visited the man from time to time in Enugu. Okeke's family of Nnewi is a very wealthy family. Her father was a great philanthropist.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Ajibaba101(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2019
see exclusive talk with Mary..... one of FUTA best graduating Student 2017 https://explicitsuccess.com/exclusive-interview-with-mary/
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Amanda4life: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2019
fecta:
this is why women are lower than men no offence but if you want gender equality don't glorify a woman for upholding a role in the society.

it should be normal for a woman to be a civil engineer.
when i was in secondary school the smartest girl in class was a Girl she always rep in competitions and i remember my teacher and parent insulting me (and male students) for letting a girl be first.

well thats how god or evolution created it Man at the top and woman at the bottom and sadly

NOTHING WILL CHANGE IT NOT YOU, NOT FEMINIST LIKE LINDA IKEJI

what am i saying seff
Im so glad u have lost touch of what u are saying
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by micxwell(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
hakeem4:
most contracts are not given to professional civil engineer. rather the politicians hijack it and share it among themselves
Enough said Hakeem, I see statements like the above and I shake my head.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by micxwell(m): 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
hakeem4:
strength of material is the foundation for any civil engineer
Lol.. Our Pride as Civil Engineers.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by sirqeeboi(m): 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
Kirchhoff01:

Those were Engineering foundation course we did in 200L,
Engineering Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Basic E.E etc...
I studied Computer Engineering

Foundation is different from core ..this is what we use everyday..dont talk as if it something that simple..i did fluid mechanics doest mean i know it indepth to that of chemical or mechanical students

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Door Attendant At An Eatery Dances At Door While Doing His Job / How Does one Handle Evil And Diabolism In Work Environments? / Why I Flogged Radio Bayelsa Staffers - John Idumange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.