Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,043 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

The Need For Birth Control - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Need For Birth Control (11155 Views)

Viral Photo Of A Baby Born With Birth Control Implant On The Head. PHOTOS / Woman Narrates How Birth Control Nearly Killed Her (photo) / Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

That is foolishness you're spewing. The same Europeans you're talking about plan their lives, from the point of conception to acquiring trust funds, hence they will remain ahead of us in everything. After you will blame them for your lack of critical thinking. That's why as the black race we will always be lagging behind all other races. We don't think before we act. Have more children? Support them with what? Doesn't it embarrass you when you see foreign aid coming to Africa to feed starving children?

You are so naive, there's nothing more stupid than an educated black illiterate.

Europeans are suffering from low birth rates , this is at the core of the alt right movement in Europe, where indigenous European population have taken a populist stance against immigration because of the fear of being replaced by minorities.. of which blacks are a high priority.

All you have to do is study the far right rhetoric about black Africans, now look at the current political climate in Europe and the usa, it's all about immigration, population..

Blacks must continue breeding with other blacks to survive, our population trajectory is no different from others, once we begin to gain some financial economic growth, the population will balance out..

If we cut it drastically now, I can assure you we going extinct..
Re: The Need For Birth Control by XhosaNostra(f): 8:46am On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

You are so naive, there's nothing more stupid than an educated black illiterate.

Europeans are suffering from low birth rates , this is at the core of the alt right movement in Europe, where indigenous European population have taken as populist stance against immigration because of the fear of being replaced by minorities.. of which blacks are a high priority.

All you have to do is study the far right rhetoric about black Africans, now look at the current political climate in Europe and the usa, it's all about immigration, population..

Blacks must continue breeding with other blacks to survive, our population trajectory is no different from others, once we begin to gain some financial economic growth, the population will balance out..

What do you mean they're "suffering" from low birth rates when people intentionally make these choices because it's logical to do so.
Continue to wallow in your ignorance, stupidity & tin foil hat conspiracy theories. You're not an embarrassment only to yourself but the entire continent with that backward mentality. Sheesh.

3 Likes

Re: The Need For Birth Control by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:46am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

America & Russia both have the lowest birth rate in the world. In fact, most progressive countries have the lowest birth rates, while the poorest of the poor continue to make the situation even worse by having more children. Stupidity!
Africa node plan tins...it high time we adopt two child policy tin...but then to preach dis tin our govt got to be responsible...toda Wat is our educational policy,health etc....is de any security plan for pple dee in future...enlightenment is key anyway especially up north how can one have 50 kids....

1 Like

Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What do you mean they're "suffering" from low birth rates when people intentionally make these choices because it's logical to do so.
Continue to wallow in your ignorance, stupidity & tin foil hat conspiracy theories. You're not an embarrassment only to yourself but the entire continent with that backward mentality. Sheesh.

It's not intentional, it's consequential.. there's a big difference..

Feminism, work , homosexuality, diet and age distribution , has all led to lower birth rates.. whereas in Africa we have the youngest age distribution which isn't a permanent thing once we stop the pattern of our family structure..

We need that big population for economics, survival , what's lacking is a vision.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by XhosaNostra(f): 9:12am On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

It's not intentional, it's consequential.. there's a big difference..

Feminism, work , homosexuality, diet and age distribution , has all led to lower birth rates.. whereas in Africa we have the youngest age distribution which isn't a permanent thing once we stop the pattern of our family structure..

We need that big population for economics, survival , what's lacking is a vision.

Yeah right. We've seen where the current pattern has led us. Perhaps it's time to try something different, like having less children for starters, just to see where that will lead us. It's often said that foolishness is repeating the same thing/pattern, while expecting different results. What we're currently doing is obviously NOT working, hence our continent continues to be beggars, paupers & pests of the universe. It's time for a change. Let's do something drastic & shocking for once...like thinking. Geez.

4 Likes

Re: The Need For Birth Control by herzernIsHere: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2019
dhebo:
I had this discussion with some guys they were looking at me like I was saying rubbish, our population needs to be checked first before anything, our resources can't cater for our population since factors like corruption will always be there, I will love to join any group advocating for birth control in Nigeria, who knows any
Your profile picture suggests that you stay(ed) in block B, Zik hall. University of Ibadan.

Good to see you hope to volunteer for a good cause like childbirth control in a country plagued by overpopulation.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Yeah right. We've seen where the current pattern has led us. Perhaps it's time to try something different, like having less children for starters, just to see where that will lead us. It's often said that foolishness is repeating the same thing/pattern, while expecting different results. What we're currently doing is obviously NOT working, hence our continent continues to be beggars, paupers & pests of the universe. It's time to for a change. Let's do something drastic & shocking ...like thinking...for once. Geez.

Lol seriously, you talk like we've really implemented all the common sense economics in our country.. like industrialization, social protection, proper taxation, human rights protection, corruption prevention and good governmental policies.. the truth is we haven't..

I repeat we need a big working age population to power the economy especially once we've gotten serious with industrialization.

Japan with all their achievements are now in the same spot needing more numbers in their work force.

Italy is ready to pay more to white families who have 3 or more kids.

Same in hungry and other European countries..

Why is the west promoting a population increase for themselves and telling us to reduce our numbers?

Black people need to understand enlightened self interest and self preservation...

Y'all can learn read and write but have no common sense, and will fall for the white man's rhetoric..hence why they keep saying blacks have a low IQ...
Re: The Need For Birth Control by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2019
U dey mind dem... If na useless program like bbn.... We no hear word for dem.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by sapeleboi(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2019
I love you , talk your own kiss
ofuregbe:
The poor tends to have children like rat..

Re: The Need For Birth Control by Amhappy(f): 9:32am On Apr 18, 2019
barbatee007:
Don't say what you don't know please. Haram means not allowed /not permissible . Birth control in Islam is not Haram rather simply put is that, it is not encouraged and if you do it you are not committing sin. But on the hand it is Christianity most notably Catholics that detest it.

Let me then educate you a little. Catholics are the champions of natural birth control and sex selection. What the church preach against is artificial control because some are harmful for the body and others like implants are meant to prevent a life from implanting after it has been formed at fertilisation. Last last the church do not force their idea or punish anyone for doing artificial birth control.

1 Like

Re: The Need For Birth Control by XhosaNostra(f): 9:32am On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

Lol seriously, you talk like we've really implemented all the common sense economics in our country.. like industrialization, social protection, proper taxation, human rights protection, corruption prevention and good governmental policies.. the truth is we haven't..

I repeat we need a big working age population to power the economy especially once we've gotten serious with industrialization.

Japan with all their achievements are now in the same spot needing more numbers in their work force.

Italy is ready to pay more to white families who have 3 or more kids.

Same in hungry and other European countries..

Why is the west promoting a population increase for themselves and telling us to reduce our numbers?

Black people need to understand enlightened self interest and self preservation...

Y'all can learn read and write but have no common sense, and will fall for the white man's rhetoric..hence why they keep saying blacks have a low IQ...

They promote a population increase when their current population is either aging or in decline, as is the case with Japan etc. There should be a balance, which is estimated to be at around 2.4 children, to prevent the above from happening. But most of these countries are having less than what is required to maintain the equilibrium, hence the mating call. We don't have that issue in Africa. Instead we're imploding without even enough resources to cater for a ballooning population, there lies the difference.

As for the rest, you're putting the cart before the horses. 1st things 1st. Population control should be number one. I don't know why we can't emulate good things around us. There's obviously a correlation between progress & population control.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

They promote a population increase when their current population is either aging or in decline, as is the case with Japan etc. There should be a balance, which is estimated to be at around 2.4 children, to prevent the above from happening. But most of these countries are having less than what is required to maintain the equilibrium, hence the mating call. We don't have that issue in Africa. Instead we're imploding without even enough resources to cater for a ballooning population, there lies the difference.

As for the rest, you're putting the cart before the horses. 1st things 1st. Population control should be number one. I don't know why we can't emulate good things around us. There's obviously a correlation between progress & population control.

See what I mean, no common sense.

How did a country with like china with a big population of one billion and population control find itself in a low birth rate position?

Now we are only 200 million and that figure is just an estimate..

With all the killings in the north , low life expectancy, emigration , what makes you think theirs a positive trajectory for a continuous population growth?

Mister I live in Europe and I know this Europeans, the point is , the less low IQ blacks there are , the more the world will become a better place..

They don't want you here on earth, believe me..

Make more black babies.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by XhosaNostra(f): 9:47am On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

See what I mean, no common sense.

How did a country with like china with a big population of one billion population and population control find itself in a low birth rate position?

Now we are only 200 million and that figure is just an estimate..

With all the killings in the north , low life expectancy, emigration , what makes you think theirs a positive trajectory for a continuous population growth?

Muster I live in Europe and I know this Europeans, the point is , the less low IQ blacks there are , the more the world will become a better place..

They don't want you here on earth, believe me..

Make more black babies.

I can do nothing but laugh at the above.

@bolded, only if you're going to provide shelter, clothing, food & education for them. Anything less than that is irresponsible & should be a crime against humanity.

4 Likes

Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I can do nothing but laugh at the above.

@bolded, only if you're going to provide shelter, clothing, food & education for them. Anything less than that is irresponsible & should be a crime against humanity.

Lol, you sound like the Nigerian government will automatically decide to provide for the impoverished once the population is lower.

Does Nigeria even have a social welfare program?

Why is there homelessness in Europe with all the economic progress and low population?

We don't have a population issue, we have a greed issue..

The bigger the population, the more taxes you can collect, the more taxes you collect, the easier it r
Is to raise revenue for development..

As it is now in Nigeria, even if we were only 5 million, nothing is going to change because the greedy are hell bent on keeping people poor.

1 Like

Re: The Need For Birth Control by dhebo(m): 10:02am On Apr 18, 2019
herzernIsHere:

Your profile picture suggests that you stay(ed) in block B, Zik hall. University of Ibadan.

Good to see you hope to volunteer for a good cause like childbirth control in a country plagued by overpopulation.
yes you are right, i stayed there, seems you are a student or an alumni ..concerning the population issue birth control is the way, people will frown at it but it is the way to a better Nigeria
Re: The Need For Birth Control by XhosaNostra(f): 10:05am On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

Lol, you sound like the Nigerian government will automatically decide to provide for the impoverished once the population is lower.

Does Nigeria even have a social welfare program?

Why is there homelessness in Europe with all the economic progress and low population?

We don't have a population issue, we have a greed issue..

The bigger the population, the more taxes you can collect, the more taxes you collect, the easier it r
Is to raise revenue for development..

As it is now in Nigeria, even if we were only 5 million, nothing is going to change because the greedy are hell bent on keeping people poor.

Dude, as you were. There're many causes for homelessness eg. mental health issues, substance abuse, being a bum etc.
I agree with you on the corruption issue though, but it still doesn't give people free pass to breed with reckless abandon. The least people can do for themselves is by having a manageable amount of children that they can edequately support without needing to ask the state for financial assistance. That's putting yourself 1st & caring for yourself when noone else is willing to. Making matters worse by not being a responsible citizen is just adding fuel to fire. Everything starts with you. A royal "you".

3 Likes

Re: The Need For Birth Control by dhebo(m): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2019
smithsammy:
why not we start one from here?
I am very interested, just don't know how to start, do you
Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2019
dhebo:
yes you are right, i stayed there, seems you are a student or an alumni ..concerning the population issue birth control is the way, people will frown at it but it is the way to a better Nigeria

Oga if you have 2 kids and both become successful and wealthy and one dies off and the other couldn't have a baby

OR

if you have five kids and they all become successful..

Which is better?
Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Dude, as you were. There're many causes for homelessness eg. mental health issues, substance abuse, being a bum etc.
I agree with you on the corruption issue though, but it still doesn't give people free pass to breed with reckless abandon. The least people can do for themselves is by having a manageable amount of children that they can edequately support without needing to ask the state for financial assistance. That's putting yourself 1st & caring for yourself when noone else is willing to. Making matters worse by not being a responsible citizen is just adding fuel to fire. Everything starts with you. A royal "you".

You are partially correct, but the homelessness issue in Europe now is based on inflated property prices ..that has not stopped them from encouraging higher birth rates in their countries..

Like I said the greedy are responsible...
Re: The Need For Birth Control by smithsammy(m): 10:17am On Apr 18, 2019
dhebo:
I am very interested, just don't know how to start, do you
We can start by first creating a thread about it. We would ask people to signify if interested, and we would chart our course from there.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by XhosaNostra(f): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

You are partially correct, but the homelessness issue in Europe now is based on inflated property prices ..that has not stopped them from encouraging higher birth rates in their countries..

Like I said the greedy are responsible...

Africa is not Europe. We're not facing the same problems. What heals them, will destroy us. A population increase is a resounding no for Africa, for very obvious reasons.

1 Like

Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Africa is not Europe. We're not facing the same problems. What heals them, will destroy us. A population increase is a resounding no for Africa, for very obvious reasons.

You didn't learn anything from everything I said. You are clearly intelligent but not clever.

Why should what heals them destroy us?

Do they have two heads or bigger brains?

Are you suffering from a lack of self belief?

I know all the population economics you talk about, the Malthusian theory and all other bs.

I implore you to look at things from a global perspective.

Remember they call us races for a reason.. black,white , Asian.. that simply means we are all in a race competing with each other for resources and survivability..

The solution must come from good economics..not killing your own race off.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by XhosaNostra(f): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

You didn't learn anything from everything I said. You are clearly intelligent but not clever.

Why should what heals them destroy us?

Do they have two heads or bigger brains?

Are you suffering from a lack of self belief?

I know all the population economics you talk about, the Malthusian theory and all other bs.

I implore you to look at things from a global perspective.

Remember they call us races for a reason.. black,white , Asian.. that simply means we are all in a race competing with each other for resources and survivability..

The solution must come from good economics..not killing your own race off.

Meh.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Meh.

Meh what?

You are speaking with someone living in Europe with plenty education and common sense.

Your education is coming from books written by your overlords.

You won't get it , I'm too deep for you..

Anyways good luck and nice chatting.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by XhosaNostra(f): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

Meh what?

You are speaking with someone living in Europe with plenty education and common sense.

Your education is coming from books written by your overlords.

You won't get it , I'm too deep for you..

Anyways good luck and nice chatting.

LMFAO. Riiiiight.
Re: The Need For Birth Control by oblaak(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Rickyuzzy:

This is not about name calling... Spread d message. All regions are involved.
I am igbo between
Here's the correction to your error. BTW means 'By the way' but people mistake it for 'Between'. It's even wrong to say 'I'm Igbo between' instead it's supposed to be 'I'm Igbo by the way'... I'm sure you've learnt something new today. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Need For Birth Control by chibuzorAbia: 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

Europeans are suffering from low birth rates , this is at the core of the alt right movement in Europe, where indigenous European population have taken a populist stance against immigration because of the fear of being replaced by minorities.. of which blacks are a high priority.

Something is very wrong with your thinking Sir!

What is the use of children in Africa of today?

2 Likes

Re: The Need For Birth Control by chibuzorAbia: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
Freedem:

Oga if you have 2 kids and both become successful and wealthy and one dies off and the other couldn't have a baby

OR

if you have five kids and they all become successful..

Which is better?

In today's world very few family of 5 children experience this.

Why do you think the average life expectancy of men in Nigeria is 48 years. Because of the wahala of having more than 2 children.

Men want sex and women oblige them with babies they cannot feed. All my friends in their 50s are technically dead as most have run out of money and nothing to rely on to survive. They have used up their resources on feeding a family far larger than their income can support.

Bad!

3 Likes

Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Something is very wrong with your thinking Sir!

What is the use of children in Africa of today?

What is the purpose of your existence today.

Why do you exist?

If you had any common sense, your question would have been rephrased to , what's the government doing to protect the rights of women and children.. today.

What will they do if you all died off, what is the benefit of those population reductions that happened in the north do to insurgencies..?

Your thinking is wrong sir ..
Re: The Need For Birth Control by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

In today's world very few family of 5 children experience this.

Why do you think the average life expectancy of men in Nigeria is 48 years. Because of the wahala of having more than 2 children.

Men want sex and women oblige them with babies they cannot feed. All my friends in their 50s are technically dead as most have run out of money and nothing to rely on to survive. They have used up their resources on feeding a family far larger than their income can support.

Bad!

Low life expectancy is because there's no provision or plan in place to protect the citizens from unforseen health issues.

Most Nigerians die early due to a lack of health care plan, not babies.

If there was free education for children, that alone will put money in the pockets of the middle class, who will then use that money to invest in other developmental projects.

If you didn't have any babies you'll still die. Get it?

The problem is governmental...
Re: The Need For Birth Control by bamasite(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
Please add me up on Whatsapp: 07034554516
kyrianken:
Why is no body or group advocating for birth control in this Country "Nigeria".
It is high time we talked this matter, across the Cities of this Country we see innocent kids begging for arms and some parents are been sustained by them yet in few months same woman is pregnant.

It is so disheartening, today they beg but l kept asking 15yrs down the line when those kids can handle weapons do u think they can still beg ?

Without any doubt l can beat my chest to tell you l have toured Nigeria (North, East, West, South) for either Education, work, events, visits, etc and in some l did that as local as anything local can be (no personal or excutive Car) so l can tell anyone the story is same. From Lagos to Maiduguri, Uyo to Onitsha, Benin to Abakaliki, PH to Abuja, no Nigeria City is free

Please feel free to share this, lets make it go viral, sorry if l tagged you without a prior-notice, it mean l belief you hav a voice /audience to reach & if l didn't tag you please pardon me, it just cos of the limit placed on tagging but still share.

#Prevention
#BirthControl
#SaveTheNextGeneration

Kyrian Kene
Re: The Need For Birth Control by Klare(f): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
I have been waiting for this moments. This are things that should have been passed into law long ago.

And let's stop lying it affects us all!!!!

You will see parents giving birth without plans for their future or a sustainable job that can cater and provide for the family.

The end result of these all might not be now. Disasters await in the future if proper care is not taken, such kids grow up so hard trying to fend for themselves and for the family that is meant to be providing for thwm at that age, thereby pushing them beyond limit.

Most girls you see in school doing olosho ask their story, most yahoo boys ask what pushed them.

For me a rule of 2 kid per family should he enforeced.

If you have no job you should have no business giving bith.

Omo beeere oshi beeere .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teeth Whitening Products Can Harm Protein-Rich Tooth Layer / China Approves Needle-Free, Inhaled Version Of COVID-19 Vaccine / One Good Achievement As A Nigerian Don Discovers Cure For Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.