Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,649 members, 7,955,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction (2116 Views)

Confusion In Senate Over Onoghen As APC Senators Go To S-Court To Challenge Suit / Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To Onoghen's Suspension / NBA Summons An Emergency NEC Meeting Over Onoghen’s Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by 9jatriot(m): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Report has it that the PDP are unsure on how best to respond to the conviction of the former CJN after he was found guilty by the CCT and barred from public office for 10 years.
They are caught between admitting that they were wrong with the suspension of the CJN by the administration of President Buhari after they kicked against and supporting the outcome of the trial. It is a dicey situation for them because on one hand they can be accused of supporting corruption as they have become known for or of playing to the gallery in the light of new unfolding events.
It remains to be seen how they intend to respond in the coming days.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by monkautos(m): 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
9jatriot:
Report has it that the PDP are unsure on how best to respond to the conviction of the former CJN after he was found guilty by the CCT and barred from public office for 10 years.
They are caught between admitting that they were wrong with the suspension of the CJN by the administration of President Buhari after they kicked against and supporting the outcome of the trial. It is a dicey situation for them because on one hand they can be accused of supporting corruption as they have become known for or of playing to the gallery in the light of new unfolding events.

Oga every sane mind knew where this case was heading to it was all already premeditated so no person is surprise..
Appeal court and Supreme Court would pronounce a fairer judgement..until then abeg

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by NobleAngell(f): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
Onoghen had it coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by Xisnin(m): 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
Fake news.
Onoghen and not PDP is on trial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by GavelSlam: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
Corrupt Onnoghen would be a good fit with PDP.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
9jatriot:

Figment of your imagination
Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by Uncleodi(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
APC and selective judgement.
Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by pode(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
Question I may ask this writer, is Onnoghen a card carrier of PDP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by Peacecore: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
monkautos:

Oga every sane mind knew where this case was heading to it was all already premeditated so no person is surprise..
Appeal court and Supreme Court would pronounce a fairer judgement..until then abeg
ppl like are d ppl that led d man to where he is today by ur chest beating n e_war. Who is he going to meet in A'ciurt n S'court,I guess d same Tanko M.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by fredoooooo: 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
That's their hope ... hope lost grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by fykes(m): 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
The only thing I want people to know is that power is transient.. Never be a willing tool in someone's fall. Before you know it it will change hands.. Nobody knew Peter odili will be relegated and Jonathan will become president. Nobody knew ambode will be brushed aside after the manner he was beefing fashola before he became governor. Tomorrow, someone may come who feels he needs danladi umar to go, and onnoghen will be empowered to take his pound of flesh
Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by Medhakay: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
NIGERIAN NEWSDIRECT

Hello my people...

I am an Advert Executive at Nigerian Newsdirect...

You can contact me to place your advert ranging from (Change of name, CAC publications, Deceased, Marriage Publication and so on at a cheap and affordable rate)

For these and more, you can contact me on call/message/whatsapp on +324(0)8105044784 or email: ahmedomokayode@gmail.com

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by netpro(m): 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
Xisnin:
Fake news.
Onoghen and not PDP is on trial.

So why has the PDP and their gang of thieves reacted. If it was something portraying Buhari in a bad light, they will be all over it.

PDP's hypocrisy is only superseded by yours.
Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by Xisnin(m): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
netpro:

So why has the PDP and their gang of thieves reacted. If it was something portraying Buhari in a bad light, they will be all over it.

PDP's hypocrisy is only superseded by yours.
I don't think I have to teach you have to read.
PDP protested the illegal removal of Onoghen as CJN.
Since he has resigned, he doesn't hold any position in the government and is current
trial is as a private citizen so it is none of PDP's business as long as the process is fair.

If the headline reads that: "Buhari orders Onoghen be sent to jail"
Then PDP would have reacted because that will be illegal.

The confused OP is projecting what he would do if he were PDP as the same thing PDP will do.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by netpro(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
Xisnin:

I don't think I have to teach you have to read.
PDP protested the illegal removal of Onoghen as CJN.
Since he has resigned, he doesn't hold any position in the government and is current
trial is as a private citizen so it is none of PDP's business as long as the process is fair.

If the headline reads that: "Buhari orders Onoghen be sent to jail"
Then PDP would have reacted because that will be illegal.

The confused OP is projecting what he would do if he were PDP as the same thing PDP will do.

Spin it all you want. PDP's bureau de change judge is out of office and banned for 10 years. He can appeal and lose again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Confusion In PDP Over Onoghen's Conviction by oyatz(m): 6:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
Sir, this is is not about pulling down, Justice Onneghen was tried over criminal matters and he was convicted by a legitimate Tribunal.
He surely knew in his heart that he was guilty and tried to resign to avoid being disgraced out of office.

fykes:
The only thing I want people to know is that power is transient.. Never be a willing tool in someone's fall. Before you know it it will change hands.. Nobody knew Peter odili will be relegated and Jonathan will become president. Nobody knew ambode will be brushed aside after the manner he was beefing fashola before he became governor. Tomorrow, someone may come who feels he needs danladi umar to go, and onnoghen will be empowered to take his pound of flesh

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Responds To The Naming Of A Nigerian Politician As Minister In Canada / COVID-19: Even Enemies Will Benefit From My Food Palliatives - Nnamdi Kanu / 1966 Nigerian Coup D'etat Culprits (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.