Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady (31764 Views)

Is It Good For A Man To Marry At 35 / My Little Sister Is Misbehaving / I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by GumGum: 12:08am On Apr 19, 2019
It is better than having your daughter, whom you sent to the University, live with a guy for the duration of her school years. It's almost as if girls go to University to start having indiscriminate sex.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by YoungAncient1: 12:28am On Apr 19, 2019
1. Is she married?
2. What is she doing is a "western platform"
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by TheodoreSalt(m): 12:46am On Apr 19, 2019
[She doesn't know what marriage entails but knows what it entails to have a boyfriend at 16, Biko garamu iru
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by TheodoreSalt(m): 12:47am On Apr 19, 2019
She doesn't know what marriage entails but knows what it entails to have a br at that age, Biko garamu iru
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Boss13: 12:54am On Apr 19, 2019
Not bad. Once a child starts acting like an adult and wants to grow quicker, then treat the child like an adult

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 19, 2019
ThePsychopath:

I wonder just how many brain cells she has in that her excuse of a brain.
u re mad
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Ozkar: 12:59am On Apr 19, 2019
Terrible parenting. What if it's her son at 16 with a girl? Would she make him get married?

Ladies like this champion the treatment of women like second-class humans, property that belongs in "husband's house." This is what she would do to her daughters if she was in charge and had the final say. Yet they blame patriarchy.
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Mariangeles(f): 1:09am On Apr 19, 2019
Rosarie:
These kind of mind sets are reasons why women are suffering in marriage.
They can not speak up cos they have no where to go.
A girl who knows nothing about a life time commitment.
She knows nothing about What marriage entails.
You will give her out whilst you failed as a mother to raise her well and be her best friend.
If you all don't notice that rate at which Muslim teens are poisoning their elderly hubbby becoming alarming.
Why because they desire more than been getting married at that age
So true

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Sunvick2019(m): 1:10am On Apr 19, 2019
[/color][color=#990000][color=#000099][/color][b][/b]That is Beautifully nonsense,, it is better to train your child in the way he/she to follow...hmmmm
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by ThePsychopath(f): 1:12am On Apr 19, 2019
Donctoms:

u re mad

Obviously, look at my username. You on the other hand are completely unaware of your cognitive issues. In layman's words, you're an otondo, a dunce, a MUMU.
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 19, 2019
lepasharon:
You won't allow westernization to erode your culture. But arabization is ok?

When the Arabs did worse to blacks to ppl than the whites did?

AfriCOON

The Arabs did worse to Blacks??

Can you please give me instances or examples??

1 Like

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by oduademon: 1:15am On Apr 19, 2019
GumGum:
It is better than having your daughter, whom you sent to the University, live with a guy for the duration of her school years. It's almost as if girls go to University to start having indiscriminate sex.

What is wrong with indiscriminate sex?
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Chinashopping84: 1:25am On Apr 19, 2019
so no education for them.Seems the man is afraid of what he has done to other people's children...check siggy to ship from china to nigeria
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Sterope(f): 1:31am On Apr 19, 2019
Did she tell you she will stop taking care of her kids?
gurunlocker:
And who will be feeding their "family"

She's making no sense... I think poverty cycle is common in their house.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Sterope(f): 1:32am On Apr 19, 2019
They were as bad as the whites. It is a wonder people don't talk about it as much
OladimejiRufai:

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Sterope(f): 1:36am On Apr 19, 2019
It is really sad if you can't differentiate between religion and culture.

The lady mentioned two things, culture and religion. I bet in your culture, people get married very early. Fortunately, the religion encourages people to get married early.

And we know that Arabs were as bad as those white slave owners. What else?

lepasharon:

AfriCOON
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by sosa993: 1:52am On Apr 19, 2019
Yet, you are using the internet. Something westernization brought. Lol
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by HeyCorleone(m): 1:56am On Apr 19, 2019
grandstar:
That's dumb. The child isn't mature enough. That's why 37% of all marriages in Kano end in divorce.

I feel the best age for women is 25 and for men, from 27 upwards

Doesn't make no sense.

People have been marrying at age 15-16 for centuries and divorce rate was at an all time low. That's in Europe. Even in pre colonial Africa, our ancestors married early and stayed together till death.

Maturity isn't a product of age, you see.

We just feel people should marry at age 18. There's nothing special there. If 20 years from now, they change the age of marriage to at least 25, people would look at those marrying at 23-24 as immature beings.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by 2undeee(m): 2:29am On Apr 19, 2019
Rosarie:
You will give her out whilst you failed as a mother to raise her well and be her best friend.
If you all don't notice that rate at which Muslim teens are poisoning their elderly hubbby becoming alarming.

Madam get ur fact right, Islam is a way of life

1 Like

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by falopey: 2:50am On Apr 19, 2019
When I see in Sha Allah in the tweet. Immediately I know say Na dem. No surprise. One prophet like that marry a 9 year old. Why una surprise. At least this one old pass.
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by sweetilicious(f): 3:36am On Apr 19, 2019
Rosarie:
They don't know what they are doing to the society.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by sweetilicious(f): 3:38am On Apr 19, 2019
SonOfJames:
Her life. Her children. Her decision.
Exactly.
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by swankprince: 3:48am On Apr 19, 2019
[i][/i]carry go... they are your children...
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by olalat(m): 4:14am On Apr 19, 2019
ThePsychopath:
you should rather be the one to visit a good hospital to check your own. What she wrote or implied over is 100 percent better than what our society is turning young ladies into. She made her own decision already. You can allow your own girl child sleep around or start doing drugs at age 14 if you so wish. Respect her decision instead of condemning her pls. Bigot..

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by donbrowser(m): 4:17am On Apr 19, 2019
ThePsychopath:
16 is too small tho but imagine sending a girl to school. She got pregnant at 200 level, concealed it and brought a baby home after much persistence to see her only for you to discover she has forfeited her admission for not paying her school fees since 200 L. How will you feel?

1 Like

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Lovelyn451(f): 4:31am On Apr 19, 2019
so long as its someone 5-10 years older than the girl and she'll be there for her as a mother to coach her..not bad
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Ugosample(m): 4:35am On Apr 19, 2019
lepasharon:

AfriCOON

#Fact

1 Like

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by Ugosample(m): 4:38am On Apr 19, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

castration of black slaves jihad across the continent
Raping women everywhere
they cashed out big time on slave trade.
And till date, those fvckers still treat Africans like $hit

don't want to go into detail
Do the research

1 Like

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by ednut1(m): 5:02am On Apr 19, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade
Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by ednut1(m): 5:05am On Apr 19, 2019
2undeee:

Madam get ur fact right, Islam is a way of life
way of life abi way of sex. Just see the number of babes una master pack han han

Re: I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady by eyinjuege: 5:16am On Apr 19, 2019
Double wahala
Married at 16, divorced at 18. Remarried at 21, divorced again at 24. Remarried again at 28. Yet no skills, no education, nothing.
We know that university is just a dream.

donbrowser:

16 is too small tho but imagine sending a girl to school. She got pregnant at 200 level, concealed it and brought a baby home after much persistence to see her only for you to discover she has forfeited her admission for not paying her school fees since 200 L. How will you feel?

She chose her path to destruction, and I'm sure she is over 18. You didn't help her do that. If you married her off young, it doesn't mean her life would be better. It doesn't mean she would not be abused in that marriage with no skill or education. Most times that dream of a university is crushed.It doesn't mean she will not bring a bastard for the same husband you married her off to. It doesn't mean she won't still bring shame to your family.
It's important that parents empower their children as much as they can. Its not compulsory everyone goes to university. The one that got pregnant in 200L, what does she want? Education, skills / learning a trade or what?
Not everyone is cut out for university, but let her learn a trade.
If a well raised 18 year old comes out of her own volition that she wants to marry, sit her down and ask her why? If she's in university, encourage her to wait till shes almost through like 300L or 400L. If you can afford to, continue to pay her school fees and check up on her schoolwork even in the husband's house. If she's not interested in higher education, you have a moral responsibility to help her decide on a trade or skill she can learn, advice her on what's suitable for her personality and see if its what she has a passion for.
À lot of married folks realise they've made a mistake after marriage (these are even older, matured people) , and the younger ones pushed into marriage by parents/others have more regrets when they're older.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctor Recounts How Soldier Discovered Wife Allegedly Committed Paternity Fraud / Photos Of The Rescued Boy Branded A Witch / At What Age Can A Lady Get Married Precisely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.