Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,805 members, 7,813,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry (20219 Views)

Buhari: Nigerians Will Mind Their Businesses If Infrastructure, Roads Are Fixed / FFK Reacts To Killing Of Fasoranti's Daughter, Calls Gani Adams To Return / Amaechi: Under Buhari, Nigerians Are Hungry, Poverty Is Growing — Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by ehinmowo: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

So are you saying we should return to importing food and rice from Thailand again?

And when the little dollar we have runs out, then what?

Do you people realise that Nigeria is a poor country?

what trash are you saying? the only place I have seen and eaten local ruce so far is in Plateau State. And it was stone rice. go the market closest to you and see if you will see local rice there.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by WhoBeThisMan: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Okay please explain exactly what you expect the president to do. I just need to understand what you are thinking.......
just say amen
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Nathdoug201: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2019
Ejimagifty:
I do not agree with Gani Adams on this. Even America, UK and other developed countries has homeless and hungry people let alone a Nigeria that was battered by 16 years misrule of PDP chop i chop politics. No wonder a shameless actress was tweeting about the lack of free money in circulation as against the status quo they're used to under the thieving PDP regime. When dasuki was disbursing money like ATM machine, when dieziani the frog eyed thief was embezzling billions Nigerians were not hungry. Now that we have a sane and prudent government whose single treasury account remittance has blocked majority of loopholes for yafun yafun money, Nigerians are suddenly hungry. The several rail projects scattered across the country is a testament to the fact that funds are been expended on infrastructure but under PDP regime a certain corrupt presidential spokesman Okupe was seen in a viral video deceiving Nigerians that the country cannot afford to build rails because we are not rich like America. Nigerians indeed dodged a bullet by voting against the PDP whose presidential manifesto was about enriching their friends and selling national assets to their cronies. How long will we continue playing belly politics? How does stomach infrastructure politics bring development? Is a serious nation built on eating food all day? Even the Bible says Man shall not live by bread alone ( Matthew 4:4).

Only a blind and ungrateful person will not commend this hard working president Buhari. May God keep him beyond 2023. Amen
16 years misrule by PDP is what you will keep on saying for the next four years again..
May God help you zombie
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2019
ehinmowo:

what trash are you saying? the only place I have seen and eaten local ruce so far is in Plateau State. And it was stone rice. go the market closest to you and see if you will see local rice there.

zikter:
This is where the issue is, penchant for imported things. Here in agege, there is a variety of local rice at every shop, but alas, the patronage is low as all want to eat the foreign rice. I think the whole palaver about this rice production is not availability but choice. in my local home town, people eat local rice as foreign rice is a luxury. But in a nutshell, anyone who wants to eat local rice can readily get it in local markets, be it Oshodi, Agege, Yabah, Ajah or any market. We keep praising the Asians but are we ready to make the sacrifices as their generations did? We keep hearing of how the Japan and China of this world banned foreign import to achieve self sustainability. of course they paid some sacrifices. It will not be easy as this will take years to come to fruition. But for me, if there is any policy that can reduce importation, then I will gladly support it irrespective of the pains compared to the later gains as a nation.

@ Ehinmowo, there is your answer above.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by nnaetobi(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2019
gratiaeo:

May the almighty God direct your affairs just like Buhari is directing the affair of this country. Just claim it by saying Amen
amen
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 10:06am On Apr 19, 2019
gratiaeo:

May the almighty God direct your affairs just like Buhari is directing the affair of this country. Just claim it by saying Amen

In JESUS Mighty name......AMEN!

One more time..........AMEN!
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Adaibeku(f): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2019
LZAA:

Receive sense asap
Cc immhotep sarrki Adaibeku kagawa10
lzaa chukwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Lokostic77: 10:06am On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

You people will keep complaining and crying till kingdom come! Why? Because 180m people sit down expecting the President to do magic that will miraculously solve the nation's problems.

It is impossible. That is why we have been abusing and hating all our past presidents from OBJ to Shagari, to IBB, to Abacha, to OBJ again, to GEJ, PMB. ....and the next person. There is no easy solution!!!!!!
But we must produce the food that we eat, otherwise let us stop having children. What is the point of our population growing if we cannot produce food to eat? What the essence of being almost 200 million?
I can see it through your comments that you're a confused person, you don't know what you're saying but you're just doing this shameful act just bcoz you love buhari you didn't deal with reality so it's now you realized Jonathan and Buhari are the same I thought Buhari is a Saint your mumu na follow come, dindinrin, you don't have point at all all buhari supporter did not have brain or sense I can see it here in nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by tiwiex(m): 10:07am On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:
THE POOR WILL ALWAYS REMAIN POOR!!!

So are these foolish people asking the government to go and import rice again? After all these years of importation and going broke over and over again? So the these poor peasants understand is to eat, have sex and watch premiership and nollywood videos?

Oga. We are still importing 90% of the rice we eat. It comes in from Benin Republic and Niger? How do we know? Benin is the second largest importer of rice after China? Benin Republic has a population of 11m people. Their rice import shot up astronomically after Buhari banned rice importation through our ports. Same increase in Togo. Where is all that rice going? The policy solved no problem. It just created business opportunities for our neighbours who understand how economics works. Be deceiving yourselves. Our rice production will never improve this way. We just suffered for nothing.

Am I against us producing rice? Nope. I pray we do. But not through a pedestrian policy that is not thought properly across board. Same with car imports. How many people dey drive innoson cars now? Can innoson meet our needs? Import duty through Togo and Benin is still attractive. Tip: it's not everything the developed countries produce that we must do to be successful. If we want to, there are systematic ways to go about it. Cassava bread is still being sold. I saw it in Shoprite a week ago. We need policy experts in this government. Not a trumpet like Femi Adesina whose every statement contains an insult. I have never heard him make an objective remark since he can on board.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2019
[s]
Ejimagifty:
I do not agree with Gani Adams on this. Even America, UK and other developed countries has homeless and hungry people let alone a Nigeria that was battered by 16 years misrule of PDP chop i chop politics. No wonder a shameless actress was tweeting about the lack of free money in circulation as against the status quo they're used to under the thieving PDP regime. When dasuki was disbursing money like ATM machine, when dieziani the frog eyed thief was embezzling billions Nigerians were not hungry. Now that we have a sane and prudent government whose single treasury account remittance has blocked majority of loopholes for yafun yafun money, Nigerians are suddenly hungry. The several rail projects scattered across the country is a testament to the fact that funds are been expended on infrastructure but under PDP regime a certain corrupt presidential spokesman Okupe was seen in a viral video deceiving Nigerians that the country cannot afford to build rails because we are not rich like America. Nigerians indeed dodged a bullet by voting against the PDP whose presidential manifesto was about enriching their friends and selling national assets to their cronies. How long will we continue playing belly politics? How does stomach infrastructure politics bring development? Is a serious nation built on eating food all day? Even the Bible says Man shall not live by bread alone ( Matthew 4:4).

Only a blind and ungrateful person will not commend this hard working president Buhari. May God keep him beyond 2023. Amen
[/s]

[img]https://media1./images/41623c30893884b0cd1b2d696a3abd33/tenor.gif?itemid=9495358[/img]
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2019
Lokostic77:
I can see it through your comments that you're a confused person, you don't know what you're saying but you're just doing this shameful act just bcoz you love buhari you didn't deal with reality so it's now you realized Jonathan and Buhari are the same I thought Buhari is a Saint your mumu na follow come, dindinrin, you don't have point at all all buhari supporter did not have brain or sense I can see it here in nairaland

Shut up! What is your point?
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2019
ericsmith:

You have a point, but i think the local rice millers & there branders have learnt the ropes ....nigerians are cursed with foreign taste ...for instance i donnt buy any other rice asides caprice regardless of the price.
What if those local rice you are looking for are in foreign bags grin reason like a igbo boy for once ... unfortunately most buyers can only tell d difference btw a foreign & local rice by the branding ...
As a businessman i buy (hijack) 80% of local rice in the country ,rebrand them into foreign bags sell @ a price bit lower to imported ones... imagine my profit who talk say naija no sweet to make money

I doubt it! Nigerians love quality products with affordable rates even if it's made in Nigeria!!!

Take lake rice milled in Lagos State for instance, Lagosians rushed it! I know places where people even queued just to get but it's not available!!!

If you are sure of your quality, you don't need to re-bag it!
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Shila16: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2019
Ejimagifty:

hired buharist, how much den dey pay you can?

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by tiwiex(m): 10:12am On Apr 19, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

I doubt it! Nigerians love quality products with affordable rates even if it's made in Nigeria!!!

Take lake rice milled in Lagos State for instance, Lagosians rushed it! I know places where people even queued just to get but it's not available!!!

If you are sure of your quality, you don't need to re-bag it!

Is Lake rice still available? Never seen it.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2019
tiwiex:

Oga. We are still importing 90% of the rice we eat. It comes in from Benin Republic and Niger? How do we know? Being is the second largest importer of rice after China? Benin Republichas a population of 11m people. Their rice import shot up astronomically after Buhari banned rice importation through our ports. Same increase in Togo. Where is all that rice going? The policy solved no problem. It just created business opportunities for our neighbours who understand how economics works. Be deceiving yourselves. Our rice production will never improve this way. We just suffered for nothing.

Am I against us producing rice? Nope. I pray we do. But not through a pedestrian policy that is not thought properly across board. Same with car imports. How many people dey drive innoson cars now? Can innoson meet our needs? Import duty through Togo and Benin is still attractive. Tip: it's not everything the developed countries produce that we must to be successful. If we want to, there are systematic ways to go about it. Cassava bread is still being sold. I saw it in Shoprite a week ago. We need policy experts in this government. Not a trumpet like Femi Adesina whose every statement contains an insult. I have never heard him make an objective remark since he can on board.

Ok continue importing na! Shebi it is our children that will inherit a bankrupt broke nation. The Chinese and those countries we are sending our money to, dem no send us. Eventually Africa will perish .....its fine by me if the rice is so important.

There is a reason that black people are not respected anywhere in the world. Happy imports.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Lokostic77: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Okay thank you! When the dolllar runs out then what? You will offer your useless Naira to Thailand abi? Young man if we cannot produce our own food to eat, then there is no reason for our existence. We are already near 200m in population and we are importing food from countries with population of less than 50million? What does that tell you?
If we cannot produce simple food to eat why are we having children? What are we existing for? Let us perish then.......

As for me, we MUST produce our own food or go hungry and die! We have no reason to exist.

The government should please CONTINUE spending the little money we have on infrastructure. And that is what my president is doing! Rice is there in the North, if the rice merchants in Lagos choose to smuggle or patronise smugglers that is their business.

My perspective!
hmmmn o ma se o, going to school doesn't mean you must have sense in Nigeria, how much did buhari spent on diversification of our economy especially on agriculture they're boasting 90% of rice consumed were produce locally see lie, if government serious about agriculture two years is enough for everybody to see, but this government is not serious at all but they're good in propaganda everybody knew that if you're producing what you're consumed is the best than importing but did this government serious about it the answer is No so why are you supporting unserious government or do you blind?
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Shila16: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Go and remove him na! Oya! Shebi na you put an there. The majority of us Nigeria put him there and we are very happy with what he is doing and his explanations. If you want to eat imported rice go to Ghana or Cotonou, nobody dey hold you and stop wasting your saliva here. Nonsense!!!!

As for me and my family we need and want to see more infrastructure. And our reserves is growing meaning financial security.
You are talking off point, the said rice that is being processed in Nigeria where is it?What's the use of production if it isn't available to d common man
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Shila16: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2019
Smile4daddy:

Thank you bro.

Those of us the Sane Nigerians who voted for President Buhari, we love truth and hardwork.

Only the Ipob pigs and the rest of Nigeria Zombies that will be blaming the President to be responsible for their miserable life.

PMB inherited a pulverized Economy and with lesser earning, he's almost done in fixing it.
Fixing your damaged brain abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Johnny2001(m): 10:19am On Apr 19, 2019
A lot of statistics flying up and down on achievement of Mr President which were not impacted on the life of the populace.
Insecurity is on the rise again. Killing in the northern part of the country is on the rise.
This government is a scam to Nigerians.
God deliver us from governance.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2019
Lokostic77:
hmmmn o ma se o, going to school doesn't mean you must have sense in Nigeria, how much did buhari spent on diversification of our economy especially on agriculture they're boasting 90% of rice consumed were produce locally see lie, if government serious about agriculture two years is enough for everybody to see, but this government is not serious at all but they're good in propaganda everybody knew that if you're producing what you're consumed is the best than importing but did this government serious about it the answer is No so why are you supporting unserious government or do you blind?

Look at this ignoramus. Do you understand when people say the 80% of the federal budget is for recurrent expenditure and very little for capital expenditure. Do you know what that means?

Like many ignorant people do you think the government has unlimited amount of money. Or you think the government can print money anyhow?

Go and learn about the financial structure and the financial limitations of Nigeria before talking rubbish about whether a government is serious or not.

The useless citizens of Nigeria participate in frustrating government policies without any care then the same useless people turn around to say government is not serious. You are all mad.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by mercyland93(m): 10:22am On Apr 19, 2019
Things are so hard in these country, purchasing power is very low and masses are dying of hunger.

It seems Buhari's economic team are clueless. Thus, this government is so deceitful.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2019
Johnny2001:
A lot of statistics flying up and down on achievement of Mr President which were not impacted on the life of the populace.
Insecurity is on the rise again. Killing in the northern part of the country is on the rise.
This government is a scam to Nigerians.
God deliver us from governance.

You are becoming too many for the government's resources to cover. You seeing the signs that our population is beginning to outstrip our resources. At least for now.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 10:24am On Apr 19, 2019
mercyland93:
Things are so hard in these country, purchasing power is very low and masses are dying of hunger.

It seems Buhari's economic team are clueless. Thus, this government is so deceitful.

I hope you are right. I want a big chunk of the useless masses to die.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:38am On Apr 19, 2019
tiwiex:

Is Lake rice still available? Never seen it.
Just like the commentators rightly said, we see it in TV and that's all!
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by LZAA: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

I hope you are right. I want a big chunk of the useless masses to die.

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by mankand(m): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2019
Tell Gani that bandits have entered osun state ooo. This is where we need him to do what police can't do
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by olusola200: 11:03am On Apr 19, 2019
Someone need to tell gani to respect the the position given to him

I knew from day one that this guy must mess up one day.

Why not book appointment with him and advice him

Pls try to buy self sence

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 11:03am On Apr 19, 2019
Shila16:
You are talking off point, the said rice that is being processed in Nigeria where is it?What's the use of production if it isn't available to d common man

Common man? Ain't we tired of the common man's problems? The same useless common man is hungry and poor on the one hand, but in the other hand fathering children and over populating our country dangerously.

Common man should just go to hell jare.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 11:04am On Apr 19, 2019
mankand:
Tell Gani that bandits have entered osun state ooo. This is where we need him to do what police can't do

Who takes Gani seriously? Stupid man that should be relieved of the big title that is obviously too big for him, idiot.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by shaqur4(m): 11:06am On Apr 19, 2019
Ejimagifty:

Oga you don't know what you are saying with all funds recovered of what benefit is to common man on street, people are loosing jobs everyday.
Re: Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry by chibuzorAbia: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2019
[quote author=LZAA post=77672794][/quote]

I am still waiting to see una papa property for Lagos ooo! And remind that useless mate of yours Immhotep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Affirms Makinde’s Election As Oyo Governor / Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate / A Governor And A Senator Who Is More Powerful In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.