Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate (20219 Views)

Rivers: SDP Joins Force With Gov Wike As APC Agrees To Work With Him / Crowd Chants O To Ge, Ole At Bukola Saraki And Kwara PDP Gubernatorial Candidate / Ribadu, Magnus Abe, Amosun And Others Lose Out At APC Appeals Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by eezor: 9:46am On Jul 31, 2022
Barely 24 hours after announcing his membership of the Social Democratic Party, a former chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Senator Magnus Abe, has emerged as the governorship candidate of the SDP in Rivers State for the 2023 elections.

Abe was elected during a primary conducted in Port Harcourt on Saturday and supervised by the Independent National Electoral Commission senior officer, Pastor Emmanuel Isong.

Also at the primary were representatives from the Department of State Services, DSS and the Nigeria Police force was described as the fairest primaries ever held in the state.

Chairman of SDP substitution electoral committee, Alhaji Muhammed Ibrahim, declared Abe winner of the election unopposed, having pulled 30 votes.

The emergence of the former Senator who represented the Rivers South-East Senatorial District in the red chamber of the National Assembly has put paid to speculation as to whether he will make good his promise of being in the ballot.

Ibrahim, while describing Abe as a credible candidate, advised members of the party to go and get their permanent voters cards.

He said, “Today, we have elected a credible candidate for the governorship election in Rivers state. Let me thank all of you for conducting yourselves peacefully and for electing a very popular candidate in the person of distinguished Senator Magnus Abe as the governorship candidate of the party for Rivers state.

“For those of you who are yet to register and collect your PVCs, please ensure that you do so before the expiration of the deadline as slated by INEC.

“I am very confident that with a quality candidate like Senator Magnus Abe, SDP will become the ruling party in Rivers state come 2023.”

In his solidarity message, the former member of the House of Representatives and a chieftain of the SDP in the state, Elder Chidi Wihioka, thanked INEC for its effort in ensuring that elections in Nigeria were free, fair and credible.

Wihioka noted that with what transpired in the Osun state governorship election recently, Nigerians could cast their votes and be confident that such votes would count.

He said, “I was an INEC electoral commissioner some years ago. I can tell you that INEC is doing a good job right now.

“INEC has now given Nigerians a high hope that their votes will count going forward.

Thuggery during elections will now become a thing of the past. With Magnus Abe as the governorship candidate of our great party, SDP, there is no doubt that we will have a nice outing in 2023.”

The state chairman of SDP, Solsuema Osaro, expressed confidence that the candidature of Abe would make SDP a party to beat in the state in 2023.

“I am very confident that with Abe as our candidate, Rivers state belongs to SDP,” he stated.

Meanwhile, Princess Patricia Ogbonna, a retired permanent secretary from the Rivers state civil service was elected as the running mate to Senator Abe.

Source: https://punchng.com/breaking-magnus-abe-emerges-rivers-sdp-gov-candidate/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Obojuju: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2022
Submission of candidates to INEC is still open?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by eezor: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2022
Obojuju:
Yes. I think it's 90 days after normal primaries. On the ground too that the incumbent candidate step down.

21 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by McStoic(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2022
Ok na. Ikwerre again?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by eezor: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2022
McStoic:
Ok na. Ikwerre again?!
No, Ogoni. Rivers East Senatorial District Has not produced a governor. PDP candidate too from the same senatorial District.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Sermwell(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2022
Labour Party is the only way! Tinubu Agbado urchins avoid me cheesy grin

Click like for Peter Obi cool

Share for Tinubu grin

162 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by naijaguy1234(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2022
South-South is APC , know this know peace.

BAT 2023

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Brendaniel: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2022
I just feel this man has nothing to offer, I would rather vote Tonto Dikeh for governor than voting him....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by jrusky(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2022
I support him it's a good move in as far it's not LP of obi fine by me.

Good luck to him.

5 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Riversstate: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2022
grin
Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Ayosman1: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2022
This man appears to be a good and better candidates for rivers people

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Stablefollowers(f): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2022
Wow
I think he is a good candidate

7 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by CandidNotes: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2022
Troll: "There are good and bad people in ALL colours and races."
Me: "M'Kay, I'll bite. Consulting the historical archives, how many white countries were invaded by people of colour and then stolen?
How many millions of white people did Africans, Asians, Indians, Mexicans or Native Americans steal from Europe to enslave for centuries?
How many countries did people of colour build using the free labour of white people?
How many European countries are being held in colonial debt nations of colour?
How many thousands of white women gave birth to biracial babies as a result of rape?
How many black women forced white women to nurse their babies at their breasts?
How many millions of white bodies were thrown in the Atlantic Ocean by Africans?
Name a genocide of white people caused by non-whites.
Name one racially discriminatory law against white people that people of colour in this country drafted and successfully enacted.
How many white communities were burned to the ground by people of colour?
How many thousands of white people were lynched by Blacks or other people of colour?
Name one pregnant white woman that was lynched by a mob of black people.
How many white schools and churches were bombed or set fire to by people of colour?
Provide me with a similar version of apartheid or Jim Crow segregation that white people were legally subjected to by people of colour.
Name one non-white doctor who experimented on white children in the nation's best hospitals and labs.
Name one non-white person who participated in the Eugenics movement or sterilized a white person.
How many unarmed white children have been killed by non-white police officers? ~ Dr. Stacey Patton.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by omowolewa: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2022
Let the battle begin

1 Like

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by derbykol(f): 10:08am On Jul 31, 2022
LP would have been better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by adioolayi(m): 10:08am On Jul 31, 2022
It's all personal interest...that's the sole reason Politicians are in politics and are in political parties.

It's not about how non-party members feel, not about sentiment, emotions, religions, ethnicity, equality, balance, equity, justice and other moral sentiments non-politicians talks about.

It's all about themselves ONLY..

From Peter Obi, to Ajith, Tinubu, Kwankwaso to Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo, Babangida, Late Abacha, Late Yar'adua....They are all same.

Once they perceive their personal interest cannot be guaranteed within a political party, they bolt out..it's about time to ship out and join another party they feel their interest can be achieved.

That's politics!

6 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:09am On Jul 31, 2022
Ok. It is much expected.

1 Like

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by eezor: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2022
derbykol:
LP would have been better.
The incumbent candidate refused to step down.

8 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Rapht933: 10:12am On Jul 31, 2022
all of them want to be president, governor by force they keep on wasting money (anyway na stolen money)
Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by ignis: 10:13am On Jul 31, 2022
More like a magic.... becoming gubernatorial candidate few hours after joining the party.

Only in Nigeria....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by iCauseTrouble: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2022
grin
Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Brunicekid(m): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2022
Obojuju:
*You mean substitution?

1 Like

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by BIZNess123(m): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2022

Its the turn of the ogoni to rule Rivers state ..

They have been greatly marginalized..

Amaechi was not fair to him...

This is Rivers next governor others are paperweight.

7 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Franchise21(m): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2022
OK
Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by Aify147(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2022
Labour Party will give him appointment by next year

1 Like

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by derbykol(f): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2022
eezor:

The incumbent candidate refused to step down.
Ok
Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by obyrich(m): 10:26am On Jul 31, 2022
jrusky:
I support him it's a good move in as far it's not LP of obi fine by me.

Good luck to him.
Lol. So Obi is giving una headache like this grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magnus Abe Emerges Rivers SDP Gubernatorial Candidate by tesppidd: 10:28am On Jul 31, 2022
His running contract with Wike FC to scatter APC in Rivers has expired and will not be renewed.

Wike FC has signed a new top striker in Sim Fubara.

Abe has now signed a deal with SDP FC and will compete in the 2023 Champions league with both Amaechi FC and Wike FC.

159 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Governor And A Senator Who Is More Powerful In Nigeria? / Senators Visit Atiku To Show Their Support For Saraki As Senate President (Pic) / Jonathan Presidency Was A Disaster Foretold (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.