Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,008 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

"Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" (36689 Views)

Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. / I’m Tired Of Having Sex With You – Man Tells Neighbour’s Wife / I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by victorian(f): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
Akuruoulo:
let them say whatever they want

Honestly their matter taya me.

Happy Easter dear smiley

Compliments!!!

How's enjoyment going?
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by OlawaleBammie: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
OlawaleBammie:
Am just lookin at some unmarried, too Young to knw life situation here comentin and a dey laff

All dis boys dat are saying d op is sayin trash are just sayin it to impress ladies in d house, ladies beware... these are d real egoistic fellows as experience would hav it.

Success is not limited to being in comand of money alone pls knw dat...

Pls i need someone to answer dis question(s)...

1) How many men can handle it when people dont knw where u re but ur wife is bein made d chairperson is every occasions u heard of

2) How many men can handle it wen u only reciv three calls in a day but in a moment with u ur wife recivs like 47 calls not to talk of missed calls a dey laf a swear...

3) How many men can handle it wen people knock on ur door many tyms and as d man in d house, u go out to meet dos persons and dey Hannover an invitation envelopes to giv to ur wife but u hardly reciv one in a while

Chaiiiiiiii....pls save d coment for now, wait til u marry na, dat is wen u wil feel d heat ur self

4) Can u manage it wen ur wife keep gettin appointment upon appointment to d extent dat she hadly hav tym for children not to talk of husband??

5) Can u manage it wen u feel like havin a day with ur wife and u hav both agreed and sudenly she got a mesage dat shes urgently needed in Abuja whereas u re in lagos, and dis wil b repetin itself cus u can tell me a successful women sit in front of tv at home.

Dont tell me man wil b facin dis and he wil stil b shouting awa la nibe...
its hard, even if d woman is submissive to d core u as a responsible man wil always feel dejected and horrible, u wil feel worthlessness in urself, u wil feel as if u re not part of d world

u wil even feel ur destiny is bn tampered with ahahaha, you wont even feel d man in u unless u re a gold digger and a thinkless dummie like dat

Even women find it difficult atyms to handle not to talk of men... i always credit ladies who are into dis, i pray God settle our home for us.

PEOPLE HERE DONT KNW THE MEANING OF SUCCESS, DEY TINK ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY MOMEY AND MONEY. BUT MAKE UNA NO WORRY, UNA GO SOON MARRY NA

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Goldiano(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
MajorJeffery:
Bush man's mentality but again, sad experience must have made him think the way he did.
Some ladies, as soon as they receive their first paychecks as Registered Nurses, they start to disrespect everyone including their husbands forgetting that their husbands have been receiving same paychecks for long time without causing drama at homes.

Registered nurse?
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by ImaIma1(f): 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
In marriage there's nothing like MY but Ours. So she's free to make all the money

Yeah..story of my marriage. ATMs are not exclusive. He could be with mine and i could be with his. He uses my account and I use his. It's just a funny arrangement but it works for us

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by ImaIma1(f): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
AntiBrutus:
He simply means, BUY SUBMISSION.

Why then do they cry when some women say they do not want broke men?

I don't even know why people are attacking him, he only said the mind of lots of Nigerian men. Wasn't it on this same Nairaland that one went on a 2k date, only to come back emasculated because the girl gave herself a treat.

If you see the average Nigerian man talking about his worth in a relationship, it ends at MONEY. If you see his female counterpart talking her own, it ends at WIFELY DUTIES (sex and domestic chores).

The man is scared of the woman having more money, because he will lose his hold, since he knows he has nothing else. The woman is scared of the man being a hit and run because she wonders how many more will hit and run.

Outside these things, they are totally clueless and useless to someone who desires and wants more.

Gaspardd and evercurious won't like this.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by STENON(f): 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
This can only be a topic for Nigerians in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Reussite: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
lilianofentse:
I tells you grin
At your personal text I guess U've ported already in view of their horrible loss today wink
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kenfil:

Sorry about ur dad and experience but let me ask u a question. Before God and man, please tell the whole truth. How was ur papa towards ur mama when he was able? Was he the best husband any woman could ever want? This is the problem with our naija men, some of them will show their wives shege when they have money but once everything turns, haha u will see them saying Nigerian women are evil once they r rich.

I agree that a lot of women worldwide, not only Nigeria abuses money and power however sometimes when u r mean to a woman u married, once d position turns then u have yourself to blame.

What u said makes sense buh the truth there is that my dad's family members were really treating my mum bad buh I don't know the actual reason. It was my dads father that kept on encouraging my mum not to give up. My dad allowed my mum to do whatever she wanted regardless of the pressure he got from his family members to stop her.

See it's not as if my mum is caring buh the way she talks to my dad is very bad. My dad is not a hurrible person. Since I knew him he never treated me the way I don't like. Women shud learn how to respect their husband even if they are bread winners
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Saltoflife: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
The definition of success is relative. What the poster term as success maybe failure to some other great minds. Therefore saying don't allow your wife to be more successful is already shows the OP is out of ideas and is suffering from the syndrome confusedniadis

A man is the head. How will the head wish his body this nonsense because you think she will not be submissive. I'm thinking which woman would be submissive to this kain OP with this mentality.

Most women cannot cope with money, fame and power because creation didn't support that for the.. it's like putting a Ferrari engine inside a Honda baby boy... na misfire o.

I don't argue o..I prove points, read the bible. Its clear the work of a woman. Titus 2 vs 3-6.

Oh the solution would be for men to brave up and stop beign mediocre. Till the land, save well (reduce unnecessary outings, girls and alcohol) and invest to be financially free not eyeing your wife cuz you know she has money. Mtcheeew .

Quote me if you think otherwise in at home and less busy...I'm not watching MAN U.

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Akuruoulo(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
victorian:

Honestly their matter taya me.
Happy Easter dear smiley
Compliments!!!
How's enjoyment going?
. am not the flexing type. just eat my rice, and drink my VALETTA . SO ,how was urs ?
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by victorian(f): 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Akuruoulo:
am not the flexing type. just eat my rice, and drink my VALETTA .
SO ,how was urs ?

Same here too.. I'm not too

Nice meal and wine smiley

But Im having a great time at home.

I prepared yam, mixed with catfish pepper soup. Then palm oil dished in saucer by the side, that's in the morning. That's one of our traditional meals

Then Afternoon, I ate some fruits

Evening, Jollof and peppered turkey with a bottle of wine gifted to me by one of my close female friends.

Mehn! I'm full. cheesy

Thank you Lord.

Work resumes Tuesday, how about yours?
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Ugosample(m): 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Too many mumu comments on this thread?

Some of the most ungrateful, problematic and entitled fools you can ever marry are the so called poor /low class women.

it's a question of personality not about success

A woman who is rude/problematic is problematic

Rich or poor.

2 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Ugosample(m): 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
AntiBrutus:
He simply means, BUY SUBMISSION.

Why then do they cry when some women say they do not want broke men?

I don't even know why people are attacking him, he only said the mind of lots of Nigerian men. Wasn't it on this same Nairaland that one went on a 2k date, only to come back emasculated because the girl gave herself a treat.

If you see the average Nigerian man talking about his worth in a relationship, it ends at MONEY. If you see his female counterpart talking her own, it ends at WIFELY DUTIES (sex and domestic chores).

The man is scared of the woman having more money, because he will lose his hold, since he knows he has nothing else. The woman is scared of the man being a hit and run because she wonders how many more will hit and run.

Outside these things, they are totally clueless and useless to someone who desires and wants more.

Poco Poco

you have spoken well....
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Rilley(m): 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
AntiBrutus:

None in your family? smiley
None in ur lineages, mid night newspaper
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Ugosample(m): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
Macnnoli4:
It is unfortunate some igbo people have this retrogressive mentality. Even the university in the east, I am schooling in, a good number of males are against having a female SUG President, busy citing that a man is the head of a home.

it surprises me nwanne

when I hear some of my extended relations talk, I'm like undecided

Which kinf view point be this bikonu?
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by deltateam: 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
In marriage there's nothing like MY but Ours. So she's free to make all the money

You never jam. E go reach make you wash pant.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Ugosample(m): 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Jman06:
Many Nigerian ladies treat their men with so much scorn and disrespect if he isn't richer than them. That is why men would rather go for ladies who ain't richer so as to preserve their sanity and self esteem.

indeed

it's due to how they were raised

Nigerian women who think like that are victims of their upbringing and environment

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
megareal:
Terrible generalization. Just as we have men who become Lord and master the moment they make it, so we also have some women who may not handle success well.

From my observations of women who changed after becoming rich, their husbands maltreated them psychologically and emotionally when they were housewives. Some abused them verbally and often ill treated them when they needed some cash. So they tend to not care anymore when they make money, a situation the man may now term as non submissiveness and disrespect.
true
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Shinjitsu: 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
No matter how successful a woman is,She has a man she respects more than the father and her husband
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Onaiwu1: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
[quote author=SageMK post=77675432]Some people have been doomed from birth to roam the internet without sense & MTN are not helping matters.

This is utter nonsense. I completely disagree with him.

Yes, money tends to make people want to be in control, but a good wife will never disrespect her husband or her in-laws simply because she earns more cash than him!

Men should encourage their wives to earn more.
They shouldn't limit her or cage her.

And if her income becomes bigger —
You should be proud of her.

There's no individuality in marriage.
It's for the benefits of all involve.
And It doesn't make you less of a man or a husband.

[/quote some men are just not it at all wat is wrong somethings if you help your wife in the kitchen I sometimes tell. Me wife I want to cook for you must it be her all the time pls is time we stop behaving like Bush people tradition was made by our forefathers and things where different then we should stop thinking backward and build our home is only when a man feels he can't help is wife or think is wife is a slave to him because he paid her bride price that he has bought her that he thinks he can't help the wife to do domestic work we should change the way we think so that our wife we also respect our personality has her husband.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by shaybebaby(f): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
cococandy:
Hey gorgeous
Sweetpea, how are you? It's been ages.. kiss

How's lil girl and hubster? I know you are all doing great (I trust you wink)

Happy Easter.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by teesugar(f): 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
Dickhead02:
he's right cool
he's very wrong!
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Thane(m): 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
Macnnoli4:
It is unfortunate some igbo people have this retrogressive mentality. Even the university in the east, I am schooling in, a good number of males are against having a female SUG President, busy citing that a man is the head of a home.

Igbo's are very known for their freedom and space for women. You are supposed to be an undergraduate and educated, ask questions and observe before disgracing yourself in public. About female SUG president, its very funny to hear this because many SUG presidents in the east are females during my time. ABSU, Oko Poly, ANSU, MOUA.....
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
teesugar:
he's very wrong!
Your Opinion and I don't give a shlt cool
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by lilianofentse(f): 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Reussite:

At your personal text I guess U've ported already in view of their horrible loss today wink
lol I've even forgot to change it grin
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by jackals(f): 12:02am On Apr 22, 2019
victorian:

My dear, na wa o.

I'm amazed on their hatred and wailings on me, but I don't care anymore. I will give it to them hot! hot! hot! When they desire a piece of me again.

Have never experienced such kind of females in my life, only on nairaland.

Well it's good anyways. It's part of life.
No wahala.

Thanks dear. smiley

They actually aboundd everywhere tho. I dont give a damn about most of them

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by jackals(f): 12:05am On Apr 22, 2019
[quote author=Onaiwu1 post=77742082][/quote]

I cant comprehend what you put there, seriously
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 22, 2019
Little do boys know that this is the best advice they will ever get.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by cococandy(f): 12:19am On Apr 22, 2019
Ages indeed.

We have been fine.

Happy Easter to you and yours from us kiss

shaybebaby:

Sweetpea, how are you? It's been ages.. kiss

How's lil girl and hubster? I know you are all doing great (I trust you wink)

Happy Easter.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Akuruoulo(m): 12:39am On Apr 22, 2019
victorian:

I prepared yam, mixed with catfish pepper soup. Then palm oil dished in saucer by the side, that's in the morning. That's one of our traditional meals

Evening, Jollof and peppered turkey with a bottle of wine gifted to me by one of my close female friends.

Mehn! I'm full. cheesy

Thank you Lord.

u really dealt with this Easter.
nice meal dear.
where are u from ?
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Akuruoulo(m): 12:42am On Apr 22, 2019
victorian:

Mehn! I'm full. cheesy

Thank you Lord.

my easter superb until it 4pm when my football team was mercilessly finished. but I thank God it didn't spoil my day.

for work , it resumes tomorrow
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by nkemjacob2(m): 12:47am On Apr 22, 2019
victorian:
No need getting angry at him.
He's saying the mind of most Nigerian men.

A typical Nigerian men detest marrying successful women ,it's a well known fact people rarely talk about.

Imagine a suitor telling me last two weeks, I should promise to give him all my earnings in my business. Because he said earlier I won't be submissive in marriage with the way he sees me in his spirit and giving him everything means I will be a submissive wife.

I laughed so hard. cheesy

I was like really? Don't worry I will even hand over my company to you, so u and your spirit will become satisfied I'm submissive enough. Don't worry that will be your wedding gift from me to you.

Ole! Come carry o! Because you were there when I was suffering and building my career up. Na you and your papa train me for school and gimme capital to start afterwards. Nonsense!
Smhhhhhh

Aye ma ni ka o!
grin Don't mind the suitor. I am a potential suitor. We can be together. I won't ask u to will everything to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.