Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

"Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" (36696 Views)

Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. / I’m Tired Of Having Sex With You – Man Tells Neighbour’s Wife / I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Starpro87(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
Olajumoke Orisaguna just separated with her husband.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by bukatyne(f): 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
247naijamedia:
A Nigerian man on Facebook has advised men to ensure that their wife is never more successful than them.

Echezona Enebeli said it's OK for a man to support his wife but he should never do so to the extent that she becomes richer than him.

He wrote: "You can never know the true color of a woman until she starts making more money than her man..... she will even expect the man's entire family to be worshiping her..

"The word 'SUBMISSION' does not exist in the dictionary of a successful woman...

"Therefore....umunwoke ibem.....the antidote for the above scenario is not to ever allow your wife to be more successful than you.....

"Support her...yes... but dont ever allow her to be richer than you..."

In a separate post, he criticized women who expect their husbands to do domestic chores, writing:

"Women of nowadays have really lost it.....
How could a well brought up woman...who knows the values of tradition and the place of the man in the family...expect her husband to be involved in domestic chores...especially in the kitchen department.......
What are the women of this generation turning our men into.....

"I really dont get it...."

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/04/Never-Allow-Your-Wife-To-Be-More-Successful-Than-You-Man-Nigerians-React.html

Hid wife is lucky.

She knows who she is marrying.

Better than a man who promised heaven and earth when he has same belief with the man in the OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by brownsug(f): 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
Even this period that women are paying men s bills, how will.they play wife material....lol

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by PeacenLove2: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
victorian:
No need getting angry at him.
He's saying the mind of most Nigerian men.

A typical Nigerian men detest marrying successful women ,it's a well known fact people rarely talk about.

Imagine a suitor telling me last two weeks, I should promise to give him all my earnings in my business. Because he said earlier I won't be submissive in marriage with the way he sees me in his spirit and giving him everything means I will be a submissive wife.

I laughed so hard. cheesy

I was like really? Don't worry I will even hand over my company to you, so u and your spirit will become satisfied I'm submissive enough. Don't worry that will be your wedding gift from me to you.

Ole! Come carry o! Because you were there when I was suffering and building my career up. Na you and your papa train me for school and gimme capital to start afterwards. Nonsense!
Smhhhhhh

Aye ma ni ka o!

You are absolutely correct. That man is speaking the heart and mind of an average Nigerian man. He knows they will clap for him. And they keep crying backwardness and underdevelopment when they are oblivious to their own contributory factors.

In fact I join the applause. We are all in it together. grin

As for that your suitor, abeg you never see man o, that one na armed robber.

3 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by franchasng: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
So long as you as the man and husband is not solely dependent on your wife's income for all your needs and upkeep, there is nothing to worry.

Me I don't care if my wife ends up a billionaire, I pray for that because it won't stop me from getting rich too.

And if she decides to become disrespectful and unwifely because she is earning more money than I am earning, then I can unwife her and get me a younger, hotter chick.

A man is never too old or too broke to marry whenever he decides to marry or remarry, so nothing to panic here.

In fact, I cherish successful cute ladies, at least I will be sure my kids won't be dumebi grin

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by NwaliE01: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
Still on the women matter!

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by bukatyne(f): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
AntiBrutus:
He simply means, BUY SUBMISSION.

Why then do they cry when some women say they do not want broke men?

I don't even know why people are attacking him, he only said the mind of lots of Nigerian men. Wasn't it on this same Nairaland that one went on a 2k date, only to come back emasculated because the girl gave herself a treat.

If you see the average Nigerian man talking about his worth in a relationship, it ends at MONEY. If you see his female counterpart talking her own, it ends at WIFELY DUTIES (sex and domestic chores).

The man is scared of the woman having more money, because he will lose his hold, since he knows he has nothing else. The woman is scared of the man being a hit and run because she wonders how many more will hit and run.

Outside these things, they are totally clueless and useless to someone who desires and wants more.

You are very wise.

An average Nigerian man has nothing else to offer than money so they need to put their women under so they keep having the advantage. They do not know the first thing about leading a home.

Their women are no better.

Only money can buy their submission.

They fit themselves.

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Teddiie(f): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
MajorJeffery:
Bush man's mentality but again, sad experience must have made him think the way he did.
Some ladies, as soon as they receive their first paychecks as Registered Nurses, they start to disrespect everyone including their husbands forgetting that their husbands have been receiving same paychecks for long time without causing drama at homes.

Is your wife a registered nurse?Abi why did you use a registered nurse as an example?

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Drejoe11: 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
God if i have 1billion,give my wife 10billion..Amen

3 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by cococandy(f): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hey gorgeous
shaybebaby:

Why is there so much savagery in your post? grin

Throwing knockouts like its going out of fashion, dia is God oooo
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by bukatyne(f): 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Macnnoli4:
It is unfortunate some igbo people have this retrogressive mentality. Even the university in the east, I am schooling in, a good number of males are against having a female SUG President, busy citing that a man is the head of a home.

Hahahahah
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Lordvaryx:
He's right and said nothing but the bitter truth. Women can't even be successful and respect their father, let alone their man.

But the question is; Where are the successful women? Let us see them first before deciding on what to do with them.

Or are these ladies studying iceblock and millipede engineering in school with the
hope to end in a man's kitchen the ones we are talking about?

His assertion is false. You can't use on shit to rob the whole body

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Aidejay(m): 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
This man doesn't realize this is the 21st century
Any man that wants to constitute a nuisance to your progress dump him and run like a mad chicken. I won't even let my sister do that to herself not to talk of me advising someone to do so if u have the means to succeed and you let a man brainwash you into poverty OYO is your case wise up time and opportunity waits for no one any man that can't live under the same roof with a successful woman should pack to under the bridge
I'm a man and I fully encourage successful women if I hear one man dey tell my sister's that one, I go follow am with engine belt. no room for stupidity WISE UP

3 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by AngelHoly(m): 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
He is right

Olajumoke has the prove
Shey her name now is Olajumoke chris
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by bluefilm: 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
The man is right.

100% right.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by kaymart: 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
dukeprince50:
my wife cannot be more successful than I am, if she works overnight, I'll work overnight and over day, If she works 24hours in a day, I'll work 48hours in a day, (don't ask me how that is possible)
If she becomes a Dangote, I'll become a Billgate, if she becomes Billgate, I'll become Billgate+Prince Saheed+Beezos. If she owns a private jet, I'll own an airport.
If she owns a submarine, brother I'll buy Atlantic.
If my wife wants to b successful, no problem, but to be more successful than I am? She may be more successful than I am sha but she will need to be very successful and remove all limitations that hold women cos I go compete shege comot for ur eyes.

My kind of orientation.

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by eliwa47(m): 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
who's that mumu! women are good managers of wealth than men, and come to think of it if God says your wife will be wealthier than then what will you do? Just pray to God to give you your wife, case closed.

2 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by RTSC: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
Seeest thou a virtuous woman, her price is far above rubies.

There is a scarcity of virtuous women.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by franchasng: 1:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
PeacenLove2:

You are absolutely correct. That man is speaking the heart and mind of an average Nigerian man. He knows they will clap for him. And they keep crying backwardness and underdevelopment when they are oblivious to their own contributory factors.

In fact I join the applause. We are all in it together. grin

As for that your suitor, abeg you never see man o, that one na armed robber.
You are wrong, most Nigerian guys nowadays desire to marry successful ladies not ladies who made some money by sleeping around or got promotion by sleeping with top directors in their firms, I mean real hardworking smart ladies, majority of guys I know married such, majority of my friends too married such ladies (successful, reserved ladies), and that's the kind of lady I will marry too once I make up my mind.

The opinion of few guys u see or are close to or read online don't reflect the opinion/mind of majority of Nigerian guys of today, so think again sis wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by sexyboy193: 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
Most of the respond there that involve condemnation of the bitter truth of man were from ladies of women. The women will always go against him..I have always know that but the truth of the matter is that, MONEY and Fame pushes women. When they have them, 90% of them direspect their husband. Forget religion or no religion, discipline or no discipline, it is hidden attitude of some woman and when the money come especially when it's more that their husband, they showcase who they are, they display themselves and limit the so submission expected from them to their husband
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by kullflex: 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
Macnnoli4:
It is unfortunate some igbo people have this retrogressive mentality. Even the university in the east, I am schooling in, a good number of males are against having a female SUG President, busy citing that a man is the head of a home.

Say things without tribalism...
what the man is saying is true, though not all women but most which covers for a large % of them
I don't think Adele , Tiwasavage or Olajumoke's husbands are igbo's.. but take a lesson from them when their wife's became richer and more popular than them... what happened to their marriage
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Yakzo(m): 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
[quote author=MajorJeffery post=77676514]Bush man's mentality but again, sad experience must have made him think the way he did.
Some ladies, as soon as they receive their first paychecks as Registered Nurses, they start to disrespect everyone including their husbands forgetting that their husbands have been receiving same paychecks for long time without causing drama at homes.

[They abound!! ]
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by RTSC: 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
eliwa47:
who's that mumu! women are good managers of wealth than men, and come to think of it if God says your wife will be wealthier than then what will you do? Just pray to God to give you your wife, case closed.
I wonder.
What if the woman's destiny is more powerful than that of her husband, is he going to cage her?

For example, someone like Ngozi iweala, it would take a lot for her husband to outshine her.
Obviously, Her destiny is just too powerful.

That is why women must pray not to marry wrong.

3 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
Johnnycife:
All this people attacking the guy, just pray you don't enter into this kind of mess. Because where I live, I mean the house. The woman is richer than her husband that's how she shouts on him every time. Infact the man has no other option than to leave the house when her madness starts. In this life that's a way you'll talk to a man as a woman, you'll talk out the N from the spelling of MAN, and the man will become Ma.and that's exactly what she does because of her money. All this rich woman they behave like confused people most of the times

Were you there when they started their marriage?

Are you sure the man has not sown the wind and is now reaping the whirlwind?

1 Like

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by aribisala0(m): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
lincsnuel:
Hmm... Truer words have never been spoken!

The two things women can't manage well are:
1. Money
2. Power or Independence

When they have any of these, she starts misbehaving (There are few exceptions tho)

But make the man take am easy oo... Cos na like this witchcraft dey start oo. If your wife earns higher than you, never try to bring her down instead, let it encourage you to work harder and up your hustle.
Taking Nigeria and Nigerians as an example are men managing these things?

It is always tempting but lazy to generalize

Men are as diverse as are women.

There are women armed robbers,kidnappers just like there are men

When it comes to social issues we never do any research just spout prejudices that have no basis in anything

Take the simple independence of going away to university from parental supervision who manages better men or women?

Also in the same university who ends up broke after losing money on betting and drink?

2 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by SoNature(m): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
Macnnoli4:

I know that some idiots will definitely reduce it to tribal attacks instead of leaving an engaging point.

Maybe, just maybe, you don't have anything to offer.

Take it or leave it, a more successful lady is a always big threat to a relationship. Go and ask family men.

This is 21st Century...times have changed.
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by funshint(m): 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
Daeylar:
Not surprising.
That's how many of them think.

I don't like this submission of a thing and will never subscribe to it because the men and husbands who swear by it never want to submit to their wives if submission was such a good thing as they claim.
However I would assume that if a woman really wants to "submit" to you. She would do so because she believes you are worth it.
Not because you're using your money to control and lord over her.
A man is not meant to be submissive to his wife lest he becomes a fool. A man is meant to love his wife. Besides why marry someone you don't respect and can't be submissive to in the first place?!
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by franchasng: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
dukeprince50:
my wife cannot be more successful than I am, if she works overnight, I'll work overnight and over day, If she works 24hours in a day, I'll work 48hours in a day, (don't ask me how that is possible)
If she becomes a Dangote, I'll become a Billgate, if she becomes Billgate, I'll become Billgate+Prince Saheed+Beezos. If she owns a private jet, I'll own an airport.
If my wife wants to b successful, no problem, but to be more successful than I am? She may be more successful than I am sha but she will need to be very successful and remove all limitations that hold women cos I go compete shege comot for ur eyes.
success in life is not by hardwork, nor for the swift nor for the wise nor for the smartest but of God who showeth mercy.

Whatever you are, whatever you will be, all depends on God and His favor.

Just pray to God to give you your own wife, the flesh of your flesh and bone of your bone, and no matter how rich she becomes in future, she will never look down on you.

A virtuous woman is a virtuous woman no matter how rich she is, money only bring out the true character of people, money does not change people, wealth does not turn people (man or woman) to bad people, wealth/money only bring out the true character of people.

So a bad person is a bad person, money will only magnify their repugnant character for all to see smiley

2 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by PeacenLove2: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
franchasng:
You are wrong, most Nigerian guys nowadays desire to marry successful ladies not ladies who made some money by sleeping around or got promotion by sleeping with top directors in their firms, I mean real hardworking smart ladies, majority of guys I know married such, majority of my friends too married such ladies (successful, reserved ladies), and that's the kind of lady I will marry too once I make up my mind.

The opinion of few guys u see or are close to or read online don't reflect the opinion/mind of majority of Nigerian guys of today, so think again sis wink

Well good luck you, sis. wink
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by oshaosha2014(m): 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
You shouldn’t be in a marriage. If you are looking for who to compete with sign up for the olympics, your type are so many they.

dukeprince50:

3 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by giles14(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Preshy561:
Just pray to marry a good woman.
There are many homes today being funded by the wife and the family is still very peaceful.

The woman's action can be justified if the man is lazy and not attempting to go further to enhance his career and help in building the family.
No woman will be happy seeing her husband spending her money on bars and women, cos, that's what hopeless men, who has lost sight and hope in their future do.
So, most times, these actions by their husbands breeds hate or scornful attitude from the wife.

Honestly, many Nigerian home today are being run by the women, but you won't hear their voice cos they still want to protect the image of the husband.

At the end, pray for a good woman who will help build the family and who you can fall back on when the chips are down.
Whether she's richer than you or not.
you shall live long . your post is full wisdom.not other ladies commenting like people without brain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? / If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.