Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady (31134 Views)

Nigerian Lady With Big Backside Teaching Students, Gets Mixed Reactions / Why You Shouldn't Squat In A Hostel / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2019
sweetilicious:
Does it that moral standard overseas is nothing to write home about?
No. Its something to write abroad about.

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Sicaver: 8:30am On Apr 21, 2019
Tr

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Tuns20(m): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2019
StarUp:
If this story is true, then how the pregnancy take concern the school? Is it their pregnancy? Why do they want to abort it? She can give birth to the child and name him/her "Degree" since her mum sent her there to get a degree and she decided to come back with a child.

It is possible..I had a friend who studied in Belarus..In grodno..Abortion is legal...but if a studnet wants to do an abortion...the dean of faculty of foreign students would be notified...He knows about everything...even if you have problem with police...the police would brief him and let him know..if as a student you don't pay your rent in the apartment you're living..the landlord would come to the dean's office to report you..So it is true..

5 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by HeyCorleone(m): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2019
larryking540:
this isn't super story, I once watch Emmanuel tv where two old couples gave same advice life video coverage, same goes with the boys(minor) the freedom outside 9ja don't play with it o,for 9ja ur pikin na every body pikin for dat area, except say na away match d pikin day play

Abeg.

So minors in Nigeria don't do worse? Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Komu1048(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2019
Me that I am praying that my wife should give birth in Europe. This one want to abort in Europe. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by AleAirHub(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2019
Must your comment be tribalist bigot. angry
princeking2:
I agree the freedom there is excess love but teenage or unwanted Pregnancy is a global issue.
I think getting pregnant abroad is better than one useless boy from Edo state to.........
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2019
AleAirHub:
Must your comment be tribalist bigot. angry
No. It must not. Can we go ahead?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by deavicky(m): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2019
StarUp:
If this story is true, then how the pregnancy take concern the school? Is it their pregnancy? Why do they want to abort it? She can give birth to the child and name him/her "Degree" since her mum sent her there to get a degree and she decided to come back with a child.
she went for check up in the school hospital and was discovered pregnant in the school hospital. The cost of terminating the belle in the school hospital is 600d.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by intrinsicniyi(m): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2019
NairaMedia:
grin grin

The most wicked meme ever! Damn. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Hoodbilonia: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2019
I wan turbo go buy 3 bags of kush. 6k.
I shud be turboing in the next 20mins
Now my brake pads are gone.
My alignments bad
Legs too make some funny noise
God i hate acura tsx
Infact i hate sedans abeg
Nonsense
Useless country filled with mighty pot holes
Someone cannot enjoy tyres other than a year.everywhr is pot hole and bad road and fuc it now we in rainy season

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by obailala(m): 8:56am On Apr 21, 2019
oluchisimfred:
A Nigerian lady in her tweets, revealed why you shouldn't send a minor abroad to study on her own without a guardian. The Twitter user who narrated the ordeal of her cousin, disclosed that she is just less than a year in Russia and already 4 months pregnant. According to her, the girl's mum blocked her on Whatsapp after the school contacted and told her they need $600 to terminate the pregnancy. 

The Nigerian lady who maintained in her tweets that parents should not send a minor abroad to study on her own, stated that the freedom they get outside Nigeria is intoxicating. She tweeted; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/20/nigerian-lady-reveals-why-you-shouldnt-send-a-minor-abroad-to-study-on-her-own/

Although I personally dont subscribe to sending minors (<20yrs old) unaccompanied abroad, however, a fact is that minors also get pregnant right under their parent's roof.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by finofaya: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2019
Speak for yourself only. Other people's young children have gone to the abroad to study and completed their studies successfully without any drama.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by MYGRATEskillz(m): 9:01am On Apr 21, 2019
The way people read self baffles me... I got her point if y'all didnt.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by maasoap(m): 9:08am On Apr 21, 2019
sherylbakky:
So, she can't get pregnant if she's even under her mum's roof ryt?

That twitter lady captured it perfectly when she said that "the freedom they get is intoxicating". I knew this as far back as 2001 that teenage girls are vulnerable when they are not in the vicinity of their parents, they would want to explore their freedom. I saw this from 2001 to 2008.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Studyinchina200(m): 9:09am On Apr 21, 2019
I left Nigeria when I was 17 years old. It’s good to travel out of Nigeria when you are still young.

Most embassies won’t eveb dare to refuse you visas.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Reference(m): 9:11am On Apr 21, 2019
Don't drive because of accidents, don't use gas to cook because you cannot see it. Sweeping, ignorant statements. Why not just read the instruction booklet that came with man on his 'safe use' and obey them to thrive. The girl in question has poor morals, loose values. Danger would come anywhere. The blocked calls speak volumes of a troubled home and likely poor parenting. Don't use such extreme incidents to chart the course for the rest of us. Happy easter.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by YoungAncient1: 9:12am On Apr 21, 2019
It is always my cousin...
In fact, we the association of Nigerian cousins, are tired of people lying with our name. Hence, we are engaging the services of thunder from the ruins of pompei to represent us against such liars.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by AleAirHub(m): 9:19am On Apr 21, 2019
What conscience Op post with the tribal [EDO] you mentioned in your 1st comment. Oya talk?
princeking2:

No. It must not. Can we go ahead?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Sultannayef: 9:28am On Apr 21, 2019
Studyinchina200:
I left Nigeria when I was 17 years old. It’s good to travel out of Nigeria when you are still young.

Most embassies won’t eveb dare to refuse you visas.

Not really.. I was refused USA and Canadian study visa when I was 17. I had to go to Australia.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by MrDoGood(m): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2019
216k for abortion?

hian!!. So, how much will delivery fee cost?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 21, 2019
AleAirHub:
What conscience Op post with the tribal [EDO] you mentioned in your 1st comment. Oya talk?
Hahaha.... Today is Easter Sunday. You don't need to allow minor things get you perturbed, we are brothers. Okay?
Think about good food like this

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by BrokenCock: 9:35am On Apr 21, 2019
dominique:
Another Twitter superstory. Which school will ask a student's parent to send money to terminate a pregnancy?
a Nigerian trained scammer called the mum from Russia but the mum dey wise sef.if at all e true, mk dem kuku become citizen

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by AuroraB(f): 9:38am On Apr 21, 2019
Fhowe:
many don't even graduate at the end of the day i know of someone the dad was busy sending her thousands of pounds yearly she was using the money to flex she stopped after the first year and this one was even under the watch of a relative
under the watch of a relative you say... Yet the dad sent money yearly undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2019
princeking2:
I agree the freedom there is excess love but teenage or unwanted Pregnancy is a global issue.
I think getting pregnant abroad is better than one useless boy from Edo state to.........
which Abroad? Russia? please if you are planning to get pregnant in Russia abeg think again. grin especially if you are African/Nigerian.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by AgreatMan: 9:43am On Apr 21, 2019
halfbloodprince:
You're a fool if you believe schools get involved in the personal issues of students, so much as to demand a fee for student abortions.

Think about it for a second. What happens to the school if the student dies during this $600 abortion? Are there no hospitals in Russia? And since when did students start reporting pregnancies to school authorities? But of course its nairaland so, I expect y'all to question nothing.

The school was actually nice. Some other schools in other countries will ask u to go home until u "fix" d pregnancy. They don't want u "polluting" everyone else with preggy.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 21, 2019
what's wrong with getting pregnant? it is nothing new, it is also not the end of the world.
Some girls get praggas at 15

Anyway, if she is old enough to have sex she is old enough to get pregnant.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Squirrel01: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2019
which Garbage is this? which school hospital asked her to pay 600USD for the termination of the pregnancy? stupid reporter, what happened to her one year health insurance?

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by sirusX(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2019
StarUp:

Na 2 certificates..... school cert & birth cert
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by poweredcom(m): 10:04am On Apr 21, 2019
A stewpid girl will always be a stupid girl

Na do dem de take spoil small time dem go staft olosho work. Come de expect society to pity dem

Dem send her go Russia go school she no no the opportunity she get wey others de find

Nonsense. Children these days
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by gcof(m): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2019
THAT one na small issue even young girls who school in Nigeria get pregnant. Let her visit UK and see what our young girls and boys who should be studying are doing.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by biebs: 10:16am On Apr 21, 2019
midolian:
Let's even assume this story is true...

So because one minor has failed to guard her compound properly, you want to put sand inside garri of other minors

oga wat she said is correct .... there's noting wrong in taking caution 4 ur kids especially if they are far from u. its a guardian not a controller general

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Those Who Applied For Nigeria Police Academy: Let Meet Here. / Married In School, Single At Home / Adeyemi College Of Education Ondo Adminssions Cut Off Marks And Adminssion List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.