Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady (31136 Views)

Nigerian Lady With Big Backside Teaching Students, Gets Mixed Reactions / Why You Shouldn't Squat In A Hostel / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:38am On Apr 21, 2019
dominique:
Another Twitter superstory. Which school will ask a student's parent to send money to terminate a pregnancy?

It's quite possible. Perhaps the school stood in for the girl in-loco-parentis during the procedure and now wishes to reclaim the funds.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by AleAirHub(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2019
Lol I give up because of today celebration cheesy
princeking2:

Hahaha.... Today is Easter Sunday. You don't need to allow minor things get you perturbed, we are brothers. Okay?
Think about good food like this

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Crossbow(m): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2019
If you believed this, you will believe anything!

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by anonymous96: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2019
halfbloodprince:
You're a fool if you believe schools get involved in the personal issues of students, so much as to demand a fee for student abortions.

Think about it for a second. What happens to the school if the student dies during this $600 abortion? Are there no hospitals in Russia? And since when did students start reporting pregnancies to school authorities? But of course its nairaland so, I expect y'all to question nothing.
This is one of Nigeria's problem.. Pple that would just be talking anyhow like they know it all,when they don't know anything.. Now lemme tell you why you are the FOOL..Firstly,she said school hospital. it could be a teaching hospital nd let's for argument sake assume it is just a school clinic. . Abortion is legal in Russia so if the school "clinic" provides abortion services, she can have an abortion there.. Secondly, Abortion is one of the safest operation you can have if performed doctor. So the odds of her dying is negligible..But don't take my words for it o.. Do ur research.. FOOL!!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2019
AleAirHub:
Lol I give up because of today celebration cheesy
Correct Man.
Happy Easter.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Ikpongiton: 10:58am On Apr 21, 2019
dominique:
Another Twitter superstory. Which school will ask a student's parent to send money to terminate a pregnancy?
i pass my neighbour universities ,are everywhere abroad .it is possible
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by halfbloodprince(m): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2019
anonymous96:

This is one of Nigeria's problem.. Pple that would just be talking anyhow like they know it all,when they don't know anything.. Now lemme tell you why you are the FOOL..Firstly,she said school hospital. it could be a teaching hospital nd let's for argument sake assume it is just a school clinic. . Abortion is legal in Russia so if the school "clinic" provides abortion services, she can have an abortion there.. Secondly, Abortion is one of the safest operation you can have if performed doctor. So the odds of her dying is negligible..But don't take my words for it o.. Do ur research.. FOOL!!

Would have addressed your point if it wasn't draped in insults. Your kind is not rare on the internet, so I won't blame you but the useless parents who lacked training themselves and raised you to become the uncultured animal you are today, exactly like them.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Jokkarm2: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2019
dem send am go school, she go there go de Bleep
stupid girl
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by KingOfThePay(m): 11:30am On Apr 21, 2019
This is pure crooked narrative.

The school never asked her for any $600 and will never do, what is even their business. She only lied to her Mum in the name of the school so as to endear cooperation since the mum is in Nigeria and can never know the real thing going on there in Russia.

"The hospital/Medic she went to told her it will cost her $600 bucks to abort the pregnancy" NOT the school.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by SmartyPants(m): 11:34am On Apr 21, 2019
halfbloodprince:
You're a fool if you believe schools get involved in the personal issues of students, so much as to demand a fee for student abortions.

Think about it for a second. What happens to the school if the student dies during this $600 abortion? Are there no hospitals in Russia? And since when did students start reporting pregnancies to school authorities? But of course its nairaland so, I expect y'all to question nothing.

Why are you reading the story like this?

The girl is a minor remember? The school could have assumed some guardianship or perhaps they have a student welfare officer who goes above and beyond the call of duty. Think about it... Would the school prefer for the girl to die or suffer complications while they stand by with arms folded?

And then of course the 600 USD is for the operation to be performed in a hospital. Where else?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by seangy4konji: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2019
Twitter and rubbish talks.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Aidejay(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2019
It's not freedom
It's a mental and psychological reset people under go when they travel to live abroad. In a place where things are way different from how they are done in Nigeria a place where order is the order of the day a place where things going right is normal a place where human rights are greatly guarded a place where personal resolve supercedes religious morals a place where Africans and Nigerian imperialistic mindset is dissolved to accommodate free thinking when you find your self there you automatically become a "ROMAN" (if you find yourself in Rome you behave like a ROMAN) dropping your third world limitations your third world environment has burdened you with.
That is why people who study, live or were born abroad especially in Europe and the 1st world are different
I don't know how but these people are different
Although I've seen some who showed no sign of difference
But when I say different I mean they have broken some invincible chain Nigerians are born with and now they are different
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Unrated900(m): 11:44am On Apr 21, 2019
Even the girl that shared the unreal story is a Minor, so people what do you except when a Minor shares story of her fellow MInor,

You should expect trash from the minor

Next time use RDP and AMS to broad cast this your 2012 lies instead of the SMTP u used in this 2019 regime.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by COMPAQ(m): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2019
halfbloodprince:

Don't be too sure. This is Russia we are talking about here! Not the West!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Studyinchina200(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
At least Australia gave you visa lol

Sultannayef:

Not really.. I was refused USA and Canadian study visa when I was 17. I had to go to Australia.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by wingmanII: 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Trash! So she wouldn't get pregnant in Nigeria?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by marvel2011(m): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
oluchisimfred:
A Nigerian lady in her tweets, revealed why you shouldn't send a minor abroad to study on her own without a guardian. The Twitter user who narrated the ordeal of her cousin, disclosed that she is just less than a year in Russia and already 4 months pregnant. According to her, the girl's mum blocked her on Whatsapp after the school contacted and told her they need $600 to terminate the pregnancy. 

The Nigerian lady who maintained in her tweets that parents should not send a minor abroad to study on her own, stated that the freedom they get outside Nigeria is intoxicating. She tweeted; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/20/nigerian-lady-reveals-why-you-shouldnt-send-a-minor-abroad-to-study-on-her-own/

But even with the body guard,the minor can still do whatever she or he wants. You wouldn't be following the minor anyway he or she goes unless you are MTN network "anyway you go"
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by delishpot: 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
Stupid post. So the rest that went there and made their parents proud you did not see them as a reason to encourage parents. One girl get bele naim be say make no child go abroad to study again.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by STRENGTHesq(m): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
NairaMedia:
grin grin
cheesy grin
Idiot cheesy wink
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
so a school overseas requested for the girl's mom to send them 600 dollars for dem to abort the pregnancy bah? social media and their lie lie ehn.and besides small girls dese days even dey carry belle under their parents roof.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Brightdude007: 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
Guardian or no guardian, if u like use the highest number of body guards in the world, if their mind is made up it takes the grace of God. Truth n dare kind of games, unlimited access to internet, peer group influence etc, many of them are just d more u look d less u c. Gone are the days when u use iron hand.... It's prayer n heart to heart communication etc
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Yankee101: 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
Never ever ever ever

Masters level and above is recommended

They just come and begin to fvck, drink and if you're not careful do drugs (not even weed cos weed don too common).
They'll read and pass cos the system is simpler but you'll have a different kid return to you

From masters level her class mates will be more matured but still drinking most evenings and especially weekends.

If they must come young there should be a christian family they can live with and enroll in full church activities
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by DaRuud(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hmmmmmmm

oluchisimfred:
A Nigerian lady in her tweets, revealed why you shouldn't send a minor abroad to study on her own without a guardian. The Twitter user who narrated the ordeal of her cousin, disclosed that she is just less than a year in Russia and already 4 months pregnant. According to her, the girl's mum blocked her on Whatsapp after the school contacted and told her they need $600 to terminate the pregnancy. 

The Nigerian lady who maintained in her tweets that parents should not send a minor abroad to study on her own, stated that the freedom they get outside Nigeria is intoxicating. She tweeted; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/20/nigerian-lady-reveals-why-you-shouldnt-send-a-minor-abroad-to-study-on-her-own/

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by jonvalek(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
I just dey laff this mumu with my doggish open teeth! Bobo to the core! Laff wan burst my anus here! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by eazzzy1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by colizee(m): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
larryking540:
this isn't super story, I once watch Emmanuel tv where two old couples gave same advice life video coverage, same goes with the boys(minor) the freedom outside 9ja don't play with it o,for 9ja ur pikin na every body pikin for dat area, except say na away match d pikin day play

You and the lady no well....
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Mreutelsatw4: 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
;;;;;;;
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by haryomikun(m): 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
grandstar:

I doubt the mum will hear of it as she will codedly abort. $600 for an abortion is twice the Russian minimum wage. The girl can't afford it, hence they're calling her mum.

Imagine a school encouraging abortion. Not surprised from a former atheist country

The mum had better give her the money lest she does it at an unsafe clinic and lose her womb or make her mother a Granby in 5 months time
Is the girl supposed to bring the child to this world to suffer?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Ugosample(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2019
Aidejay:
It's not freedom
It's a mental and psychological reset people under go when they travel to live abroad. In a place where things are way different from how they are done in Nigeria a place where order is the order of the day a place where things going right is normal a place where human rights are greatly guarded a place where personal resolve supercedes religious morals a place where Africans and Nigerian imperialistic mindset is dissolved to accommodate free thinking when you find your self there you automatically become a "ROMAN" (if you find yourself in Rome you behave like a ROMAN) dropping your third world limitations your third world environment has burdened you with.
That is why people who study, live or were born abroad especially in Europe and the 1st world are different
I don't know how but these people are different
Although I've seen some who showed no sign of difference
But when I say different I mean they have broken some invincible chain Nigerians are born with and now they are different

you have said it all
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Fhowe: 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
AuroraB:
under the watch of a relative you say... Yet the dad sent money yearly undecided
yup sends money and visit like 2 times a year trusting her so much not knowing she has mixed up with the bad crowd
Re: Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady by Fhowe: 9:33am On May 18, 2019
AuroraB:
under the watch of a relative you say... Yet the dad sent money yearly undecided
yup some parents are too trusting ,during my undergraduate days my dad never came to my school to verify my admission status till i graduated ,i had one extra year he did not even know .Not until convocation day there is normally mad traffic around akoka axis that was when he figured i should be in the graduating class or have he gave me a call and asked why did i not inform them at home of the convocation and doubts started coming until they saw my name and matric no in the graduation booklet under my department .many parents dont pay attention to these things

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Married In School, Single At Home / Adeyemi College Of Education Ondo Adminssions Cut Off Marks And Adminssion List / Full List Of COURSES Offered By FUNAAB- Careerpingger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.