Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity (2901 Views)

President Buhari Enjoys 24 Hours Heroism From PDP & LP Until Yesterday / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest / 24 Hours Electricity In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by sapele914(m): 12:31am On Apr 21, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Electricity is getting worse daily under Buhari!!!!!! right now Nigeria has only 1900 MWs of electricity being wheeled .. I know you know nothing can come out of Buharis governance, the dull leadership can't give what it doesn't have ... Hope you have heard Buharis wide is about to build a university grin
Electricity is now in the Private sector domain,why blame the President,what electricity innovation has the Governor of your State or Local Government initiated before you blame the President in Abuja?charity they say begins at home.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by googi: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2019
No matter how we look at it, this is an accomplishment no doubt. Is it available to all or those that can afford it.

Nigeria has a large population, even 10 or 20% of folks live better than most countries. It is not a reason to harbor the world poorest in any part of the country or Africa for that matter.

It is not good enough that some small percentage win individually and celebrate. Our shame and callousness is reflected in them

Having said all this, do we we want electricity for all just to become Chinese slaves as in Zambia?

All the money and Western or Arab civilization has only made Africa poorer than ever.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by Kingkun69(m): 3:41am On Apr 21, 2019
AccessME:
Nigeria can only be like this probably till thou kingdom come.

Nigeria's case is always different
we have heard nau nawa 3 times
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by advocate666: 4:14am On Apr 21, 2019
Abfinest007:
who swear for us Nigeria

Lord Luggard did.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by udemzyudex(m): 5:17am On Apr 21, 2019
Cletus77:

Instead of to commend this, you're asking questions so as to justify failure

The way some people just jump into conclusion. Smh.

I'm talking about those comparing Nigeria to Zambia, we will definitely consume more Energy than them due to our population.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by wickyyolo: 6:18am On Apr 21, 2019
Daviddson:
So AFDB themselves don't know how to spell hydroelectric? grin

Well, I think Nigeria power situation is getting better. Here in Abuja, it has been 72 hours on and 1 day off for the past 4 months plus.

Which Abuja ?
The only reason im hvn light constantly its because i hv my own transformer.

Apart from that others dnt hv light.
Dont be selfish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by Okoroawusa: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2019
Temidayo9:
Somebody should copy PMB that tweet
Buhari has been the President of Nigeria since 1960,abi?

So this is how u will continue to wail for another 4 years?
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by tbabs10166(m): 11:03am On Apr 21, 2019
udemzyudex:

I'm talking about those comparing Nigeria to Zambia, we will definitely consume more Energy than them due to our population.
and so our population is an excuse for us not to have a stable electricity, wat happened to usa and china, are they not also populated. As populous as we are, we have enough resources to cater for everyone.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 21, 2019
sapele914:
Electricity is now in the Private sector domain,why blame the President,what electricity innovation has the Governor of your State or Local Government initiated before you blame the President in Abuja?charity they say begins at home.
You expect the governors to bring innovation when at the end of the day it will be connected to one useless national grid?.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by udemzyudex(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2019
tbabs10166:
and so our population is an excuse for us not to have a stable electricity, wat happened to usa and china, are they not also populated. As populous as we are, we have enough resources to cater for everyone.

Ok sir.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2019
udemzyudex:

Which useless population? Since the take over of power by these disco dancers,electricity had become worst. The disco only supply to their VIP customers at the expense of the massess. If they don't like to supply regular electricity via 11kva lines to many homes then they should concentrate on their VIP while another responsible company manages it
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2019
googi:

No matter how we look at it, this is an accomplishment no doubt. Is it available to all or those that can afford it.

Nigeria has a large population, even 10 or 20% of folks live better than most countries. It is not a reason to harbor the world poorest in any part of the country or Africa for that matter.

It is not good enough that some small percentage win individually and celebrate. Our shame and callousness is reflected in them

Having said all this, do we we want electricity for all just to become Chinese slaves as in Zambia?

All the money and Western or Arab civilization has only made Africa poorer than ever.
So improvement in power supply to Zambians is synonymous to slavery? Aren't Nigeria slave to the west world indirectly?.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by Temidayo9(m): 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Buhari has been the President of Nigeria since 1960,abi?

So this is how u will continue to wail for another 4 years?
On top what exactly? After all Buhari promised us change in every sector
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by udemzyudex(m): 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

Which useless population? Since the take over of power by these disco dancers,electricity had become worst. The disco only supply to their VIP customers at the expense of the massess. If they don't like to supply regular electricity via 11kva lines to many homes then they should concentrate on their VIP while another responsible company manages it

Ok sir.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by COMPAQ(m): 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
The situation will only improve here when we are willing to pay for it. There is no magic Buhari can do. After all generating firms and distributing firms are not owned by the FG. I agree, the transmission company is owned by FG and is a considerably bottleneck, but it's not the only issue.

We want petrol below cost price, we want electricity below cost price because it belongs to government. Why don't we ask transport fares of private danfo or GSM to be below cost price? Who do you even want to go and ask?

Let's get real guys. There is no magic that can be done. I always say that Nigeria has to get more painful before it can get better. If other African countries pay the right price, why should Nigeria be so different. After all the poor don't really enjoy fuel subsidy but rather the middle class with their plenty cars on the road. One for oga, one for madam and one for school runs. If the poor are paying for unsubsidised kerosene, why can't the middle class pay for unsubsidised petrol.

It makes more sense for electricity price to be graduated per usage and let the upper middle class with their plenty appliances subsidise the lower class who don't use much I. E

0 to 99 kwh N27 per unit in a month
100 to 299kwh N40
300 to 499kwh N60
And 500kwh and above N70

Therfore weighted average for those who use a lot might end up being N57, while for those who don't it might be like N34.
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by ThePreachersSon: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
I am not a fan of them corrupt politicians, but I don't like it when people don't reason either. Zambia and Nigeria are not on the same level and should not be compared. Nigeria is called the giant of Africa, not because we achieved something laudable, but because of our huge population.

Zambia has just 16 million citizens, that's not even up to Lagos' population.

Nigeria has 199 million citizens

You cannot just compare the two. Generating electricity for a population the size of Zambia is like generating electricity for only Ogun state. And if any government tries that, the same you people will shout. So never compare Nigeria to Zambia. Don't!
Re: Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity by Rossikk(m): 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
ThePreachersSon:
I am not a fan of them corrupt politicians, but I don't like it when people don't reason either. Zambia and Nigeria are not on the same level and should not be compared. Nigeria is called the giant of Africa, not because we achieved something laudable, but because of our huge population.

Zambia has just 16 million citizens, that's not even up to Lagos' population.

Nigeria has 199 million citizens

You cannot just compare the two. Generating electricity for a population the size of Zambia is like generating electricity for only Ogunquit state. And if any government tries that, the same you people will shout. So never compare Nigeria to Zambia. Don't!

Do these ones have brain? Even out of that 16 million Zambians, access to electricity is at 31% of the population.. Meaning just 5 million people. Nigeria with 200 million people has access to electricity standing at 60%, ie 120 million people.

So, Zambia has achieved ''stable power'' for this 5 million, while Nigeria's 120 million still grapple with power cuts.

Zambia is not on Nigeria's level.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Fingered In Fresh $2million Scam For Supply Of Military Boats / "It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Nigerian"- Nnamdi Kanu / Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.