Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty (71915 Views)

Pictures From The Burial Of Pastor Dare Adeboye / Photos From The Burial Of Father Paul Offu / Collins: My Visit To Babalola’s Tomb, Mountain And River Oni At Efon Alaaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Dareal90s(m): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
chakula:

If Jesus decided in God's will he won't called Him for help rather give up on whatever decision decreed by God.

Who told you I am afraid of SARS? I am a robber or a law breaker? A citizen that abide by the rule of the land won't be afraid of SARS.

You mentioned that he was resurrected after death, however, if you are in good sense how should a complete supreme being died? Kindly use an eagle eye and re-read your write-up for editing. Something no other God did after he died and will resurrected. What an inferior God?
This thing is beyond ur level of reasoning, even if I explain till tomorrow u still won't get it because ur knowledge can't grab it, nd also as long as u av DAT spirit of doubt and argument u will never understand, Jesus went to d grave to disgrace death, have u ever heard of someone that died, being buried after three days nd resurrect, he came back nd show himself to his disciples to clear their doubt. That's d God we serve, a living God, not a God that request for blood nd dish out virgins in heaven, not a God that run a club or a motel.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by olaks4real(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
Dareal90s:

He is no more in d grave, that's y we r celebrating today.
is that not the Bible told u, how do u want to convince to believe such, while we have several ppl that died and resurected again.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by gerizzim: 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Satan didn't know he was doing humanity a favour by crucifying Jesus. He regretted after Jesus resurrected. He wished he hadn't, because now mankind is free from his grip only if they accept the sacrifice Jesus did. This has made Satan to employ a new tactics which is to make humans reject the sacrifice of Jesus and to depend on their own effort. That's why many people think they can only make heaven if they don't sin. Instead of them to be like Abel who depended on the blood of the Lamb to get saved, they rather be like Cain who depended on his own effort.

If you don't believe in Once Saved Always Saved, then it means you dont believe what Jesus did is enough to save you once and for all. That's why you decided to add your own effort. This clearly means you are not saved but doomed like Cain.

You have rejected Jesus Christ and have chosen to make heaven by your own effort of not sinning. Let's see how far you can go with that. Just make sure you don't break a single law.
youngman,I don't get dis ur philosophy of once saved always saved.

Can u plz tell us categorically were it is clearly written in the Bible .

1 Like

Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Dareal90s(m): 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
olaks4real:
is that not the Bible told u, how do u want to convince to believe such, while we have several ppl that died and resurected again.
That's not what d bible says alone, it is in d book of history, go read about King Herod too, at least u shld knw why all the babies were killed then.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by alBHAGDADI: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
gerizzim:
youngman,I don't get dis ur philosophy of once saved always saved.

Can u plz tell us categorically were it is clearly written in the Bible .

It is written in John 3:16

Do you know what eternal life means? Now, since John 3:16 says believe in Jesus is all you need to have eternal life, then why do still think you sin can make you end up doomed? If sin can make you doomed, then the eternal life you got through believe in Jesus was never eternal at all. But since the bible says once you believe in Jesus you have eternal life, then no sin can make you lose it.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
Olabenjamen22:

Lol.. You are more foolish that than your nickname. So it no more Paul that find my religion, it now Constantine, you people will soon change it to roman. Foolish self of an educated illiterate. Come back once you are free of your weed.
Show me where I wrote Paul was the founder?
I guess all ur religion taught u was to insult people.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by olaks4real(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
Dareal90s:

That's not what d bible says alone, it is in d book of history, go read about King Herod too, at least u shld knw why all the babies were killed then.
Book of history by who? Historians will only write what they were meant to believe, Romeo and Juliet was also in the book of history, but the story was never true.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by olaks4real(m): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Dareal90s:

4. HEROD AND THE CHRISTIAN TRADITION
According to Mathew 1:18-24 and 2:1-12, Jesus was born in Bethlehem
during the reign of Herod the Great. Magi then came from the East
to honour the newborn “king of the Jews”, and enquired from Herod
in Jerusalem where this infant could be found. When informed by
the rabbis that according to Scriptures the Messiah would be born in
Bethlehem (Micah 5:1-2), Herod pretended not to be disturbed by the
news and requested the magi to locate and honour the newborn king,
and then to inform him of their findings. When the magi returned
home directly, having been warned in a dream not to communicate with
Herod, the king ordered the massacre of all infants in Bethlehem,
two years old and younger. However, Jesus was saved when his parents
fled to Egypt after a heavenly warning — and only returned after Herod
had died (Mathew 2:13-18). Even then Joseph dreamt that he was not
to trust Herod’s successor, Archelaus, and the family returned to Na-
zareth in Galilee instead of Bethlehem in Judea (Mathew 2:22, 23).
The Gospel of Mathew was written during the late 1st century. All was quoted from the Bible,
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by ABOVEDELAW: 8:09am On Apr 22, 2019
YOU ARE SO CONFUSED!
ThothHermes:
I keep asking, how can they possibly know that this exact spot was were Jesus was buried

It is likelier that some people just picked a strategic spot and began to call it the burial place of Jesus to enable tourism. Too much time has passed and many things have happened for anyone to believe this.

History tells us that Israelis became to give towns and cities Hebrew names after the creation of present day Israel so how could they have known the exact spot the famous Rabbi was buried?

I think it's a scam.

Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Dareal90s(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2019
olaks4real:

Book of history by who? Historians will only write what they were meant to believe, Romeo and Juliet was also in the book of history, but the story was never true.
so according to u there is no king Herod cheesy
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Dareal90s(m): 8:11am On Apr 22, 2019
olaks4real:
Name them with full details pls.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by olaks4real(m): 9:00am On Apr 22, 2019
Dareal90s:
so according to u there is no king Herod cheesy
i never said that, what I mean was that not all from the historian is true.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by olaks4real(m): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2019
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Dareal90s(m): 9:20am On Apr 22, 2019
olaks4real:
https://www.nairaland.com/5133664/list-gods-died-resurrected-after
All those ones ar not death, your heart can seize, it happens to most people even in this present world, no man truly dies nd rise again, scientifically that could be proven, heart seizure is quite different. Jesus own is real death with all blood drained out. He ressurected nd went back to heaven live, people witnessed it then hence the history of Jesus resurrection. None of those mentioned there ever did. Also I'll love u to tell me what happened to each of them after their resurrection.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by olaks4real(m): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2019
Dareal90s:

All those ones ar not death, your heart can seize, it happens to most people even in this present world, no man truly dies nd rise again, scientifically that could be proven, heart seizure is quite different. Jesus own is real death with all blood drained out. He ressurected nd went back to heaven live, people witnessed it then hence the history of Jesus resurrection. None of those mentioned there ever did. [b]Also I'll love u to tell me what happened to each of them after their resurrection.
Was Jesus not a man?
You do the findings aswell
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Dareal90s(m): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2019
olaks4real:
Was Jesus not a man?
You are confusing urself, Jesus has been existing before mankind, nd there was a spiritual revelation even before he came to dd world in form of man, do u expect to see a spirit? For him to do his job he needs to come in form of man, so u don't call him human because of that coz he is in existence before human was created.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Dareal90s(m): 11:15am On Apr 22, 2019
olaks4real:
Was Jesus not a man?
You are confusing urself, Jesus has been existing before mankind, nd there was a spiritual revelation even before he came to dd world in form of man, do u expect to see a spirit? For him to do his job he needs to come in form of man, so u don't call him human because of that coz he is in existence before human was created but if u wish to call him human its also accepted because that is what u can see as u ar not spiritually inclined, He is perceived as God in human if that makes u happy.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by olaks4real(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Dareal90s:

You are confusing urself, Jesus has been existing before mankind, nd there was a spiritual revelation even before he came to dd world in form of man, do u expect to see a spirit? For him to do his job he needs to come in form of man, so u don't call him human because of that coz he is in existence before human was created but if u wish to call him human its also accepted because that is what u can see as u ar not spiritually inclined, He is perceived as God in human if that makes u happy.
smile... I guess u getting yourself confused rather, so tell me where in the bible where Jesus was mentioned bfo the existence of Adam and Eve? And hope ur find time to check for what happened to other gods that resurrected after the 3rd day (but claimed to be heart failure according to you)
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Dareal90s(m): 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
olaks4real:
smile... I guess u getting yourself confused rather, so tell me where in the bible where Jesus was mentioned bfo the existence of Adam and Eve?
Genesis 1:1 says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

John 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Who is the word ?

Jesus Christ is the word of God.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Come let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

=> This is to let u know that Almighty God wasn't alone, he has His Word with him.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by olaks4real(m): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
Dareal90s:

Genesis 1:1 says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

John 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Can now see why you keep confiusing yourself.
Shalom!

Who is the word ?

Jesus Christ is the word of God.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Come let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

=> This is to let u know that Almighty God wasn't alone, he has His Word with him.

Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ubenedictus:
he meant the Catholic Church, the custodian of those sites till today is still the Catholic Church
We are saying same thing, Constantine n his mom were the backbone of ur church.
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by livebullet(m): 7:54am On May 14, 2019
ThothHermes:
I keep asking, how can they possibly know that this exact spot was were Jesus was buried

It is likelier that some people just picked a strategic spot and began to call it the burial place of Jesus to enable tourism. Too much time has passed and many things have happened for anyone to believe this.

History tells us that Israelis became to give towns and cities Hebrew names after the creation of present day Israel so how could they have known the exact spot the famous Rabbi was buried?

I think it's a scam.

No pranks...
The Catholic church is 2000+yrs old and has always preserved tradition and history all through the ages ...if Peter knew where his master was buried why wouldnt his followers... If you are to exist in 1000 years to come are you going to ask "how did Nigerians know that Tafawa Balewa was the 1st PM or how did they know the 1st storey building in Nigeria was situated at Badagry?
Re: The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty by Ubenedictus(m): 6:58pm On May 19, 2019
charliboy654:

We are saying same thing, Constantine n his mom were the backbone of ur church.
Constantine and his mom are not the backbone of the church, they are just members.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Collins: My Visit To Ayo Babalola Prayer Mountain At Ikeji Arakeji (Photos) / Daily Dreams Interpretation / Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.