Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? (34731 Views)

The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars / Why Mercedes Benz Cars Sale More Than Other Car Brands In Nigeria. / Mercedes Benz Cars Will Soon Cuddle Your Crying Babies To Sleep (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Benwallt(m): 6:12am On Apr 23, 2019
laptopsale:
Coming from an uninformed blogger, Mercedes-Benz has a competitor for every category including a match for Rolls Royce.
Presently Benz owned the record of the fastest car as they broke the previously set record, and Volkswagen is presently the highest selling car not Toyota.
you are definitely one of the kalahare ppl. Volkswagen? It is Toyota(Lexus)
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by xreal: 6:14am On Apr 23, 2019
Mercedes Benz is not overrated.

The technologies around their cars are 'spiritual', even Benz 200/230 series.

Do you know how a Mercedes Benz's front wheel turns and bends? Try doing a 360° with a Benz and see the amazing radius.

Their mono wiper is another mystery.

Benz deserves all the hype it gets and even more.

19 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Gokoyer0(m): 6:14am On Apr 23, 2019
Space booked.
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 23, 2019
Yes they are overhyped. My friend in Germany was like Mercedes is thrash compared to Porsche over there. Na we dey give them market naw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by uzoexcel(m): 6:23am On Apr 23, 2019
in summary

Benz or nothing smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by MJBOLT: 6:24am On Apr 23, 2019
the fastest car is the THRUST SSC

laptopsale:
Coming from an uninformed blogger, Mercedes-Benz has a competitor for every category including a match for Rolls Royce.
Presently Benz owned the record of the fastest car as they broke the previously set record, and Volkswagen is presently the highest selling car not Toyota.
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by profmallor: 6:25am On Apr 23, 2019
Let me try to explain it the way an auto mechanic once described the comparison. Most German cars (Benz) inclusive are desired to work in a certain why, if you adhere to the automakers directives, the car would perform optimally for years. Withe Japaneses cars on the other hand, the makers designed it considering that the users would abuse its use, so often times the car exceed design specs or endurance limits when abused or misused. However the Volkswagen doesn't seem to fit that profile for a German car, as its surprisingly the most widely bought vehicle for some years now. A Mercedes Benz does carry the aura of class and exclusivity, not meant for everyone sort of feel, more like the same way an i-phone doesn't necessarily represent the most user friendly nor best selling phones.

9 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by 9jaRealist: 6:28am On Apr 23, 2019
grin grin grin

Poor folks consoling themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 23, 2019
stanley000:
It's even an insult to compare lexus or those Japanese nonsense to Benz. It's every obvious that many don't own one. In terms or speed, reliability, driver friendly, AC and other stuffs man Benz is the best and they have successfully maintained that reputation for more than 3 decades. Which day Toyota and lexus even came on board. Look if yahooboys are driving Benz and u don't like it then say that you don't. But for say u come dey downgrade a standard built from a company that even goes as far as jailing their employees for trying to compromise quality, e be like u done dey mad!!!!

You clearly know nothing about cars. Your ignorance is showing.
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by nakoks(m): 6:29am On Apr 23, 2019
pafestula:
When I saw this thread early this morning, I thought the OP created it for meaningful discussion as an adult, but unfortunately he derailed the thread out of childish act.

I don't know why people like you like taking painkillers over another man's headache! If you love Toyota stick to it in peace and stop forcing or bashing people to buy what you love.

I bought several German cars before, BMW 2009 E91, Audi A4 2000 model, and driving my 6th Benz which is C200 Kompressor 2004 model and am cool with it, on Thursday I drove a friend's 2010 ES350 Lexus and the handling couldn't stand my then 2002 A160 Benz.

In nut shell OP, what works Taye might not work for Kehinde, it is not your money and your sweat, and the maintenance is not coming from your purse, so why the ranting over minor issues?

Festo i see you

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Switruth: 6:29am On Apr 23, 2019
OP only u ask for opinion and Na only u dey respond negatively on the issue even abusing people. I own an ML 320. A mad baby. Have you ever seen a Mercedes Benz capsize before. Think before you reply.

12 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by francofoks: 6:30am On Apr 23, 2019
wetin i wan talk now? me wey never get bicycle... abeg make una no quarrel 4 this mata... Just pray 4 us with legesis Benz so we can even know how one vehicle feels like.
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by wakes: 6:31am On Apr 23, 2019
Really
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 23, 2019
Philadelphia:

They will compare only handling and performance and not reliability.

Don't confuse reliability with cheapness. Mercedes cars are extremely durable. We still have G wagons from the late 70s and Mercedes 200s from the early 80s. I know someone who owns a 1992 Benz 190, that car rarely breaks down, its all due to regular service checks.
That car has a warranty clause that of it Eve capsizes without direct impact, the company will send a replacement! Now beat that!
I have driven an infinity fx35, Camry pencil light, Honda EOD and a Benz 190, trust me the most stable o. The road was the fx (due to one of its special shape, but the car felt so light), then you talk about the Benz, (super balance, raw feel). Then talk about the interior, the durability of the finishing, the ambience, luxury is not about fancy blinking gadgets. You can drive a 1970s Mercedes gull wing and still feel real Luxury.

Mercedes Benz knows how to engineer their cars well. Toyota cars are produced for the masses and they are cheaper that is why they will always have higher sales (of recent in 2017 and 2018, Mercedes have become the highest selling brand) but don't ever compare it to a Benz. The OP is uniformed, the Benz "hype" is not a Nigerian thing,all over the world starting from the late 60s with the introduction of the Mercedes "gull wing" and the then SEL class, Benz has always been a status symbol representing success and power. The "Benz boys " in Nigeria are even late to the party.

Which car brand has provided more presidential vehicles than Benz?

See Mercedes is an amazing car. You just need money to regularly maintain it and you will have no issues.

And please don't mention Toyota and Mercedes on one sentence again

23 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nebuchadnezar: 6:33am On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:
[s][/s]
Exactly what is expected of Benz or nothing kids.

I hope you know, the owner of that blog Somtoo Okoye bought a 3m car and gave to his mother 2 years ago when you haven't bought your first iTel to browse nairaland? https://www.nairaland.com/4264674/somtoo-okoye-buys-n3m-lexus

And you think he cannot not afford to import an accidented 1.5m Mercedes C300 from Canada that every small boy out there drives?

Don't worry, when you're 18 years old and earned enough money to buy your first car, you will see why people buy and drive Toyota Corolla. wink
this is murder shocked grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 23, 2019
amliftedhigher:
Very well overrated. I can't use my money to buy a car that has a reliability issues over the years without being fixed. There is no enough reason to buy Mercedes cars. If I want speed I go for Lexus GS, IS, if I want a home with speed I go for LS and if I want prestige I go for LX 570. If I need a racing car I will go for LFA. All these cars can be driving without keeping you on high way even if they are faulty.

Because you cannot afford it

Mercedes is a class ,a standard and not for poor Corolla wannabe owners

It represents a niche

6 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 23, 2019
amliftedhigher:
Very well overrated. I can't use my money to buy a car that has a reliability issues over the years without being fixed. There is no enough reason to buy Mercedes cars. If I want speed I go for Lexus GS, IS, if I want a home with speed I go for LS and if I want prestige I go for LX 570. If I need a racing car I will go for LFA. All these cars can be driving without keeping you on high way even if they are faulty.
Cheers my man. You nailed it. Moving around in reliability and rest of mind i see.. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by anonymous96: 6:34am On Apr 23, 2019
In 2018, Mercedes-Benz was the biggest selling premium vehicle brand in the world, having sold 2.31 million passenger cars... Comparing Toyota sales to Benz makes no sense.. Benz is a premium vehicle made by Diamler AG.. Compare it sales to toyota's Premium vehicle Lexus ... Even Donald Trump when talking abt Automobile tarrifs recently said "A Chevrolet or Ford would never sell in Europe the way a Mercedes would sell in the US".. Overrated ke..the best or nothing

11 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by xtivin2: 6:36am On Apr 23, 2019
Honestly, Benz is second to none. Most features that can be found in a Japanese car made in 2018 was already in a benz made in 2008. The interior of Benz is awesome and it brings super comfort and confidence. Ever imagined why most presidents use Benz as official vehicles?..Benz is like buying a Gucci in a superclass boutique and buying same Gucci in the street. The difference is there

10 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:
[s]

Shut up let me educate you.

Which Mercedes is a match for Rolls Royce in prestige? Is it the overpriced Mercedes S550 Maybach. What? My brother don't let yahoo boys confuse you o. Don't tell me you think having a similar-shaped car in the same price category means the two of them are match. Please don't.

Which Mercedes is a match for Toyota Landcuiser, Hilux and Lexus LX570?

UN convoys, USA Army and most government VIPs will not touch a Mercedes Benz even if its the only car in the market. These elite do not play with Toyota Landcruiser and Hilux. Even Boko Haram and ISIS use Hilux and Landcruiser for their battle.

Talking about speed, the only speed record Mercedes broke is the speed that they use in copying BMW cars. Or is it the speed that their new cars use in getting electrical issues that you're talking about? grin

If you are talking about Formular One, those things are not street legal cars. Those heavily-modified racing machines are not recognized as cars neither do they determine the company that has the fastest cars.

When we are talking about fastest cars, Nurburgring lap times are officially used to measure the fastest street-legal unmodified cars not revved up cyborgs used by racers. Mercedes is not even close to top 10.

Also shut up. Toyota is the highest selling and most popular brand in the world both in number of sales and revenue for over a decade and currently. No contest. Volkswagen is the parent company with the biggest sales (if you add up their Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche, Bentley, Lambo and other sales).

And your Benz is not in top 10.
[/s]

You are extremely local uninformed and naive

See the cars you are comparing with a Mercedes? Poverty has twisted your senses
It's your type that hype Corolla everywhere

Mr man first get money to own a Benz and drive it extensively before talking rubbish
.this isn't a car for Uber go and buy a 1999 camry that is your level

It's your type who insult those that live in ikoyi because they can't afford it

16 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Benekruku(m): 6:37am On Apr 23, 2019
Simple question

Drive a Japanese car for a week and move to a Benz

You will be like one coming from the village.

11 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 23, 2019
If I no drive Benz, wetin I gain ? grin

Merci oloye

8 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by computerglobal(m): 6:37am On Apr 23, 2019
cool

cool

cool.
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:
[s]

Exactly what is expected of Benz or nothing kids.

I hope you know, the owner of that blog Somtoo Okoye bought a 3m car and gave to his mother 2 years ago when you haven't bought your first iTel to browse nairaland? https://www.nairaland.com/4264674/somtoo-okoye-buys-n3m-lexus

And you think he cannot not afford to import an accidented 1.5m Mercedes C300 from Canada that every small boy out there drives?

Don't worry, when you're 18 years old and earned enough money to buy your first car, you will see why people buy and drive Toyota Corolla. wink
[/s]

Poor man

See how you are hoping a hungry blogger

Go and drive your Corolla and leave others who know class alone

5 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 23, 2019
*legediz benz or foot wagon* is still the most reliable and most owned tho grin
It's mostly free of charge sef grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Benekruku(m): 6:39am On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:
[s][/s]
Shut up let me educate you.

Which Mercedes is a match for Rolls Royce in prestige? Is it the overpriced Mercedes S550 Maybach. What? My brother don't let yahoo boys confuse you o. Don't tell me you think having a similar-shaped car in the same price category means the two of them are match. Please don't.

Which Mercedes is a match for Toyota Landcuiser, Hilux and Lexus LX570?

UN convoys, USA Army and most government VIPs will not touch a Mercedes Benz even if its the only car in the market. These elite do not play with Toyota Landcruiser and Hilux. Even Boko Haram and ISIS use Hilux and Landcruiser for their battle.

Talking about speed, the only speed record Mercedes broke is the speed that they use in copying BMW cars. Or is it the speed that their new cars use in getting electrical issues that you're talking about? grin

If you are talking about Formular One, those things are not street legal cars. Those heavily-modified racing machines are not recognized as cars neither do they determine the company that has the fastest cars.

When we are talking about fastest cars, Nurburgring lap times are officially used to measure the fastest street-legal unmodified cars not revved up cyborgs used by racers. Mercedes is not even close to top 10.

Also shut up. Toyota is the highest selling and most popular brand in the world both in number of sales and revenue for over a decade and currently. No contest. Volkswagen is the parent company with the biggest sales (if you add up their Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche, Bentley, Lambo and other sales).

And your Benz is not in top 10.

Lx570. grin grin

Don't make people laugh at you. Is it the size that is amazing you.

5 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Chigorkizz(m): 6:39am On Apr 23, 2019
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 23, 2019
pafestula:
When I saw this thread early this morning, I thought the OP created it for meaningful discussion as an adult, but unfortunately he derailed the thread out of childish act.

I don't know why people like you like taking painkillers over another man's headache! If you love Toyota stick to it in peace and stop forcing or bashing people to buy what you love.

I bought several German cars before, BMW 2009 E91, Audi A4 2000 model, and driving my 6th Benz which is C200 Kompressor 2004 model and am cool with it, on Thursday I drove a friend's 2010 ES350 Lexus and the handling couldn't stand my then 2002 A160 Benz.

In nut shell OP, what works Taye might not work for Kehinde, it is not your money and your sweat, and the maintenance is not coming from your purse, so why the ranting over minor issues?

The stupid boy can only afford a Corolla and wants to degrade Mercedes to make himself feel better about being too poor to only afford a Corolla

12 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by owila4luv(m): 6:40am On Apr 23, 2019
nomatter what you guys are saying (omo i like it like dat) oh i need a benzy (omo i like it like dat)

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How A Volvo Truck Is Controlled From Outside With An External Steering / An Accident Involving A Drunk Driver At Ado Rd., Lagos (picture) / Mercedes Is Recalling The G65 Because It Can Go Too Fast Backwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.