Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? (34732 Views)

The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars / Why Mercedes Benz Cars Sale More Than Other Car Brands In Nigeria. / Mercedes Benz Cars Will Soon Cuddle Your Crying Babies To Sleep (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by p3kdudu(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4925803/longrich-business-opportunityreal#77781208

Do u knw wit #9800 to #25k to #40k?
U can start ur Longrich busines&make 10k+ to 20k+ to 30k+ weekly 4rm home&get ur cash bak as products (of ur choice worth that amount instantly)..Ask me"how"not scam/ponzi scheme! We dnt sell/give targets.
Call or chat me up lets get you connected.
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Totally untrue! I believe maintenance is key here!! I drive my Mercedes every fvcking day for the last 19 months! As a matter of fact, I have driving it to Lagos, Abuja and I just came back from UYO!

It’s a mindset thing.. People always say it’s pretty expensive to maintain.. bla bla blaa!!! This isn’t my first and won’t be my last Mercedes!! For record purpose i’ll attach some pic.. Your claim of people having cars in their dreams is rather myopic and done out of clear unintelligence!
My brother replace your Tyre pressure guage and go to a strong mechanic to remove your check engine light (if it's possible) cheesy

You see how the interior of your 2-year-old Tokunbo car is peeling like banana? Now check the interior of a Lexus the same year and see the difference cheesy

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by SouthSouth1914: 10:48am On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

My brother replace your Tyre pressure guage and go to a strong mechanic to remove your check engine light cheesy

You see how the interior of your 2-year-old Tokunbo car is peeling like banana? Now check the interior of a Lexus the same year and see the difference cheesy

My brother stop speaking like a motor park tout! Since you are so dumb to read that I drive the car everyday on long distance mostly it is really disheartening. I hope your stupidity is not permanent?

Is it that you don’t understand what wear and tear means? For a car I have used for more than 18months without changing the shocks etc!! It is pretty fair and square.. no Lexus will give you such miles without changing its shocks! Conclusively, I have never driven any car with check lights on, I personally hate it.

By the way, what car do you currently drive? I hope you are not one of these under bridge mechanics in Lagos? Cheers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by LordAdam16: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2019
colestephan86:

I don't think the car is an overrated car, I think their pedigree is what speaks for them. They have since the 40's perfect car design and comfort in automobile and at these time , Toyota was still struggling to make a car.
Most of the Asian car were developed from copying a thing or two from Benz. You can imagine a 1978 Benz having ABS in it. So on these ground I think Benz have earned their respect long before Toyota and lexus or whatever u can think of

Precisely.

Now I'm no gearhead, the only cars I remotely care to know in detail are supercars.

That said, any self-respecting car nerd would know why the Japs prioritize reliability over sophistication, while the Germans prefer the opposite. Or why Swedish cars are bland and American cars are extravagant.

The short answer is culture. Then there's the heritage factor. Barta Benz placed cars on the map after her feat in 1888.

Anyone doesn't know her or what she did, shouldn't be debating cars.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

My brother stop speaking like a motor park tout! Since you are so dumb to read that I drive the car everyday on long distance mostly it is really disheartening. I hope your stupidity is not permanent?

Is it that you don’t understand what wear and tear means? For a car I have used for more than 18months without changing the shocks etc!! It is pretty fair and square.. no Lexus will give you such miles without changing its shocks! Conclusively, I have never driven any car with check lights on, I personally hate it.

By the way, what car do you currently drive? I hope you are not one of these under bridge mechanics in Lagos? Cheers.
Why are you angry at me. I only reminded you that your steering is wearing out which is not a big deal (since most Mercedes even older models do that) cheesy

I know you can't relate. Let me show you how neat the interior of a good 9-year-old car should be (even when driven recklessly) cheesy

You can compare with your peeling Benzedes so you can learn cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by SouthSouth1914: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2019
repent4christ:
My brother drive benz to YAURI KEBBI STATE, you will understand that Benze is good but not as rugged as TOYOTA. For the record have you ever seen any Benze use for transportation? And those talking about purchasing power, its all about choice, but in Nigeria durability is the name.

The key here is affordability!!

2 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by SouthSouth1914: 11:02am On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

Why are you angry at me. I only reminded you that your steering is wearing out which is not a big deal (since most Mercedes even older models do that) cheesy

I know you can't relate. Let me show you how neat the interior of a good 9-year-old car should be (even when driven recklessly) cheesy

You can compare with your peeling Benzedes so you can learn cheesy

Can you post a full picture like I did?

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 11:07am On Apr 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Can you post a full picture like I did?
Even if I put my entire garage here, Mercedes will never come close to Lexus in 500 years. Forget it bro. Cool down your temper. You've already bought the car. It's not someone's death after all you can still sell it about 30% - 40% of what you bought it cheesy

I know Mercedes doesn't have second hand value but you can still find a g boy to swindle it and recoup even 30% of your money cheesy
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by LordAdam16: 11:13am On Apr 23, 2019
LiveByNight:

Because you cannot afford it

Mercedes is a class ,a standard and not for poor Corolla wannabe owners

It represents a niche

Affordability is not the primary factor. It's maintenance. The presence of mind to be a stickler for rules like Germans are by nature.

German cars are not built for the abuse that most people think it's okay to foist on cars. Jap cars are owing to their adaptation of Deming's production philosophy.

Both approaches are fine and you shouldn't bring classism into the discussion although it plays a role.

And Nigerians (in Nigeria) debating cars is like 90's kids debating smartphones. It's so f*cking amusing.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by MKULTRA: 11:41am On Apr 23, 2019
Like Benz
Like blackberry
Nigerians overrate shit due to low knowledge

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by MKULTRA: 11:42am On Apr 23, 2019
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
LordAdam16:

Affordability is not the primary factor. It's maintenance. The presence of mind to be a stickler for rules like Germans are by nature.

German cars are not built for the abuse that most people think it's okay to foist on cars. Jap cars are owing to their adaptation of Deming's production philosophy.

Both approaches are fine and you shouldn't bring classism into the discussion although it plays a role.

And Nigerians (in Nigeria) debating cars is like 90's kids debating smartphones. It's so f*cking amusing.

-Lord

You are a talkative

Learn to shut up

You talked alot but said nothing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by ayoshyne(m): 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
amliftedhigher:
Very well overrated. I can't use my money to buy a car that has a reliability issues over the years without being fixed. There is no enough reason to buy Mercedes cars. If I want speed I go for Lexus GS, IS, if I want a home with speed I go for LS and if I want prestige I go for LX 570. If I need a racing car I will go for LFA. All these cars can be driving without keeping you on high way even if they are faulty.

Quite intelligent, I'm impressed. Never seen a Lexus broken down on the highway, this doesn't mean they don't develop faults, but it would still take u where u r going to or give u a sign prior to you going on a journey. I'm
Proud to own a ES 350 2009. Reliable sh*t!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by banky3w(m): 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2019
tope3x:
Bro,abeg,leave this one alone,I use to be like him and introduced all my friends to Toyota,but bought my Benz in 2017,and I can tell you this,Benz is never a match with any other car,that's the pure truth...

If you've never used any other car apart from the 2 (Toyota and Benz) you mentioned, how can you say there's no more match for just your limited experience? There's a saying that if a child has not seen another person father's farm, he will keep boasting his father's farm is the biggest.... Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
mrAMG2:

Lmao!!!

I bought my first car in 2010 bruh. A N2.5m honda accord(dc) paid in cash. I bought my first house in 2017, what did you say your boy bought again?

You or your boy is currently importing N1.5m accidented cars? I currently drive a 2015 honda crosstour, bought brand new, now please tell me how much that is.

I drove a 2008 c300 from 2014 to 2016. I fully serviced that girl 3 times a year and I never for once had any issues, so please, if you don’t know how to take care of your benz, then keep quiet.

You want proof of all my purchases? Lol nigga drop your email
respeck cool

I no go mind if u show me some love wink
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by thebigkendo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
temiflex01:
All the noise making, go on reality check and use your Benz ruggedly and your Toyota ruggedly and both unattended to, the end result of both cars will give you the answer to the debate. No car gives you reliability and rest of mind like a Toyota, argue with your keyboard, I have both and I am talking from my own practical test.

Are you suppose to you your car ruggedly?? Is it a farm truck? grin

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by SouthSouth1914: 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

Even if I put my entire garage here, Mercedes will never come close to Lexus in 500 years. Forget it bro. Cool down your temper. You've already bought the car. It's not someone's death after all you can still sell it about 30% - 40% of what you bought it cheesy

I know Mercedes doesn't have second hand value but you can still find a g boy to swindle it and recoup even 30% of your money cheesy

Stop talking like a parrot! Please post a full pic of the said car.. that’s all.

3 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Are you suppose to you your car ruggedly?? Is it a farm truck? grin
No, you should farmtruck yourself to death and pamper your car on a cusion. You are a machine while your car is a human that should be pampared grin
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Stop talking like a parrot! Please post a full pic of the said car.. that’s all.
Eyaa. The thing pain you reach like this? grin
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by TheBoy1740: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2019
Dalighieri:
Thrash!! I had my first experience in a Mercedes Benz (230E flat body) as a child when my late mother bought a brand new one then my dad has used a couple of Mercedes saloon cars till now, there is no point in Nigeria's history that Mercedes has not dictated the trend, till today its still doing so across generations, and it will continue to do so.I am on my second Mercedes Benz after trying a BMW,and Toyota and Honda during uni days.The drive, safety features ,resilience and understated luxury of a Mercedes is like comparing Mike Adenuga or Baba Ijebu Kessington with Money or Hush puppy then claiming these old billionaires are overrated because they don't showoff a lot of bling

You misunderstand me, I didn't say Mercedes is not class leading or trend setting. All I'm saying is the new craze sweeping round the country where everyone wants to own a Benz has not always been there and with time, it'll fade.
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by thebigkendo(m): 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

No, you should farmtruck yourself to death and pamper your car on a cusion. You are a machine while your car is a human that should be pampared grin

Why are you pained sir??
I am not the cause of your frustration grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by laptopsale(m): 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
repent4christ:
My brother drive benz to YAURI KEBBI STATE, you will understand that Benze is good but not as rugged as TOYOTA. For the record have you ever seen any Benze use for transportation? And those talking about purchasing power, its all about choice, but in Nigeria durability is the name.
Benz Are premium cars, and yes there are Benz for transport ranging from cars, buses, to heavy duty trucks.

3 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by laptopsale(m): 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
TheBoy1740:

You misunderstand me, I didn't say Mercedes is not class leading or trend setting. All I'm saying is the new craze sweeping round the country where everyone wants to own a Benz has not always been there and with time, it'll fade.
The craze for Benz didn't start today and it's not a Nigerian thing, you can mention a single celebrity who doesn't own a Benz in his garage anywhere in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by LordAdam16: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
LiveByNight:

You are a talkative

Learn to shut up

You talked alot but said nothing

F*CK YOU PENDEJO! Bastard!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by cr7lomo: 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
Philadelphia:

At the first sentence in bold, the US and Russian presidents' official cars are Cadillac Limo. If you continue with your research, it's not a Mercedes that's the most used official car of country's presidents or Prime minister. Check Australian Prime minister's official car:a BMW. Don't make a general statement that next time when you're not sure.

At your second sentence in bold, you're totally out of point. Quote me where I me toned Toyota and Benz in one sentence. Do you even read at all before posting?

U didn't comprehend properly with what he said...he is 100% correct, America and Russia don't hv any other president using the cars they use... How many world leaders use BMW?? All the leaders in the middle East use Benz so as most African and south American leaders...Kim of north Korea also uses Benz so as Turkey....

How can u place Toyota ( mass production ) with a premium brand... So because Toyota is the among the top two most sold vehicles gives it the right to stand with Benz ?? Ask urself how many Bugattis are sold yearly??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by cr7lomo: 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

1. Does that change the fact that Porches and Bimmers handle better than Mercs? No. A Panamera handles better than an E Class, same with a 5-series.

Let's agree that Mercedes arent the best handlers.

2. In terms of power, I never said BMW is better. BMW is probably better, to be frank, but the difference is small enough to ignore. The fastest Mercedes, on the other hand, cannot dream of comparing with the fastest McClaren, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc.

Let's agree that Mercs aren't the fastest.

3. Pipe down, a Maybach is the most expensive luxury Merc, but it's still not on par with a Phantom or Mulsanne. Most people with $400k USD are never going to buy a Maybach over a Mulsanne. There's a reason why the Maybach brand flopped. Not enough cachet.

Let's agree that Mercs aren't the best in the luxury segment.

4. You're having a laugh if you think Mercs are more reliable than Toyota's. In the 80's or 90's, maybe. Bring one single piece of evidence that supports your claim. I'm not talking anecdotes. Hard evidence. There are none.

Let's agree that Mercs aren't the most reliable.

We can agree that Mercedes doesn't make cars that are quite the best in anything. As such, the term "The best or nothing", is false.

McLaren is still Benz

4 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
cr7lomo:

McLaren is still Benz

Umm, what?

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by cr7lomo: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2019
temiflex01:
All the noise making, go on reality check and use your Benz ruggedly and your Toyota ruggedly and both unattended to, the end result of both cars will give you the answer to the debate. No car gives you reliability and rest of mind like a Toyota, argue with your keyboard, I have both and I am talking from my own practical test.

U guys make the mistake of using only Nigeria to judge... Nigerians no get money to buy brand new benz like the Europeans and Americans or Asians... A Benz G guard is for rugged than a Toyota land cruiser ...go to YouTube and check... These cars have been compared on top gear( the motor show programme on BBC) G guard is the most rugged suv on earth followed by the range rover Vogue ....

4 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by cr7lomo: 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
repent4christ:
If transport companies purchase them Benzis for transportation business will u b able to afford the transport fair??... Nigeria is a poor nation, we can't afford luxury items

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2019
Not overrated. Just that some people especially Nigerians don't actually understand what they are actually.

3 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by cr7lomo: 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Umm, what?

Otedola owns a McLaren Benz
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by IkpuMmadu: 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
Switruth:
OP only u ask for opinion and Na only u dey respond negatively on the issue even abusing people. I own an ML 320. A mad baby. Have you ever seen a Mercedes Benz capsize before. Think before you reply.
i am coming for that ! I was told that is the best SUV ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How A Volvo Truck Is Controlled From Outside With An External Steering / An Accident Involving A Drunk Driver At Ado Rd., Lagos (picture) / Mercedes Is Recalling The G65 Because It Can Go Too Fast Backwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.