Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? (34735 Views)

The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars / Why Mercedes Benz Cars Sale More Than Other Car Brands In Nigeria. / Mercedes Benz Cars Will Soon Cuddle Your Crying Babies To Sleep (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2019
cr7lomo:

Otedola owns a McLaren Benz

Speak of things you know. Mclaren is not Mercedes Benz.

MB and McLaren have a good relationship (MB even had a stake in McLaren), and they joined hands to make the Mercedes-Mclaren SLR. That's all. That's the car Otedola has.

Both are completely different companies.

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by IkpuMmadu: 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
TheBoy1740:
MB is no doubt an amazing car Brand and one of the most satisfying to drive and own. If you've driven one you'll understand. However, BMW, Porsche and other luxury car brands are equally exciting to drive. The thing about Nigerians is that we love following one thing at any particular time, if you remember the Hummer craze of d last decade, you'll understand.
In a few years from now all these Benz craze will die down and Nigerians will worship another brand.
There is nothing like Benz craze
There is nothing like Benz craze ! Benz isn't a car for everyone....even last 20yrs Benz has been a car of repute

3 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by cr7lomo: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Speak of things you know. Mclaren is not Mercedes Benz.

MB and McLaren have a good relationship (MB even had a stake in McLaren), and they joined hands to make the Mercedes-Mclaren SLR. That's all. That's the car Otedola has.

Both are completely different companies.

McLaren hasn't produced for any other car brand except Benz...just abit like Daimler

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by IkpuMmadu: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

Dude the bolded are the problem of most Mercedes cars. They are built to be complicated not sophisticated at the end of the day end up having a lot of reliability issues.

Should I tell you that Toyota introduced reverse camera, electric hybrid, 6 CD loaders and so many other tech. Toyota introduced the 4 wheel drive 4runner a whole two years before the first ever four wheel drive Mercedes debuted and Mercedes gave their own a marketing gimmick name called 4matic.

Toyota is what Mercedes can never be in 200 years despite being the younger car maker.

If speed and performance are the only issue for buying a car (fortunately it isn't) Toyota has made madly fast car like Lexus LFA and the legendary 1984 Supra that still beats 2018 Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, all Mercedes Benz cars etc till today (check the video down) but Mercedes cannot make a car that equals ordinary Toyota Corolla in reliability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9gON__7ys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvZpy953MB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMX6XcV2yoI

In terms of complexity and innovation, give it to Toyota and Tesla. Mercedes, as hyped as they are, are not as half as innovative as ordinary Nissan. They just like making fancy cars and copying BMW, thats all. You can use your Google to find out things yourself.

How man grand prix and formula 1 has Toyota won let's compare with Benz thank you

4 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Switruth:
OP only u ask for opinion and Na only u dey respond negatively on the issue even abusing people. I own an ML 320. A mad baby. Have you ever seen a Mercedes Benz capsize before. Think before you reply.

2 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Switruth: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
[quote author=rapper12 post=77792797][/quote] This is how you fail exams. Have u ever seen with your eyes. You went to movie scenes and cull out pictures.

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
Switruth:
This is how you fail exams. Have u ever seen with your eyes. You went to movie scenes and cull out pictures.
Mumu skip to 2:16. Na so una dey talk aimlessly even when confronted with points cheesy

Let me educate you.

Mercedes actually failed moose test and was sommasaulting recklessly in 1999. It was a serious scandal and Mercedes officially apologized to buyers saying that they will correct the stability of their cars to stop failing moose tests and sommasaulting carelessly. Dumb Nigerians went and started saying that Mercedes don't sommasaulte (just as they said India beat Nigeria 9-1). cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5NBFztA_Vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQuE_zAId1Q

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Philadelphia: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2019
cr7lomo:

U didn't comprehend properly with what he said...he is 100% correct, America and Russia don't hv any other president using the cars they use... How many world leaders use BMW?? All the leaders in the middle East use Benz so as most African and south American leaders...Kim of north Korea also uses Benz so as Turkey....

How can u place Toyota ( mass production ) with a premium brand... So because Toyota is the among the top two most sold vehicles gives it the right to stand with Benz ?? Ask urself how many Bugattis are sold yearly??

You that comprehend, where's your research paper to prove your theories?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Philadelphia: 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
MKULTRA:
Like Benz
Like blackberry
Nigerians overrate shit due to low knowledge

Like iPhone lol

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

Mumu skip to 2:16. Na so una dey talk aimlessly even when confronted with points cheesy

Let me educate you.

Mercedes actually failed moose test and was sommasaulting recklessly in 1999. It was a serious scandal and Mercedes officially apologized to buyers saying that they will correct the stability of their cars to stop failing moose tests and sommasaulting carelessly. Dumb Nigerians went and started saying that Mercedes don't sommasaulte (just as they said India beat Nigeria 9-1). cheesy

Bros no mind dem jare, u kno Nigerians r always sentimental. I've seen countless of crashed somersaulted m/Benz on my road safety friends phone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Switruth: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

Let me educate you.

You no get sense. U don run go YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
Switruth:
You no get sense. U don run go YouTube.
You just confirmed what I said about Benzsheep. Always eager to curse, abuse and baselessly tell you that their German garbage is the best thing since sliced bread without backup.

Well, butthurt kiddy, at least you've seen that what your local kazeem told you is not true. Mercedes is not stable and can fall even more than other vehicles. Now go find a corner to cry yourself to sleep. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Switruth: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

You just confirmed what I said about Benzsheep. Always eager to curse, abuse and baselessly tell you that their German garbage is the best thing since sliced bread without backup.

Well, butthurt kiddy, at least you've seen that what your local kazeem told you is not true. Mercedes is not stable and can fall even more than other vehicles. Now go find a corner to cry yourself to sleep. cheesy
Too much bile on kids of nowadays. You proved nothing my dear.

3 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Switruth: 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

My brother stop speaking like a motor park tout! Since you are so dumb to read that I drive the car everyday on long distance mostly it is really disheartening. I hope your stupidity is not permanent?

Is it that you don’t understand what wear and tear means? For a car I have used for more than 18months without changing the shocks etc!! It is pretty fair and square.. no Lexus will give you such miles without changing its shocks! Conclusively, I have never driven any car with check lights on, I personally hate it.

By the way, what car do you currently drive? I hope you are not one of these under bridge mechanics in Lagos? Cheers.
Abeg no dey reply that guy. An OP that derailed his own post. I have an old ML but that’s what I use to move.

4 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by rapper12: 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
[s]
Switruth:
Too much bile on kids of nowadays. You proved nothing my dear.
[/s]
Didn't expect you to make sense.

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Switruth: 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:
[s][/s]
Didn't expect you to make sense.
. Kids. When they’re mad they reply with a meme. Allow me to sleep abeg. Have been working to stay alive. Just go get some feeding bottles and hit the sack. Good night

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by sharpchap: 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
rapper12:

Dude the bolded are the problem of most Mercedes cars. They are built to be complicated not sophisticated at the end of the day end up having a lot of reliability issues.

Should I tell you that Toyota introduced reverse camera, electric hybrid, 6 CD loaders and so many other tech. Toyota introduced the 4 wheel drive 4runner a whole two years before the first ever four wheel drive Mercedes debuted and Mercedes gave their own a marketing gimmick name called 4matic.

Toyota is what Mercedes can never be in 200 years despite being the younger car maker.

If speed and performance are the only issue for buying a car (fortunately it isn't) Toyota has made madly fast car like Lexus LFA and the legendary 1984 Supra that still beats 2018 Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, all Mercedes Benz cars etc till today (check the video down) but Mercedes cannot make a car that equals ordinary Toyota Corolla in reliability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9gON__7ys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvZpy953MB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMX6XcV2yoI

In terms of complexity and innovation, give it to Toyota and Tesla. Mercedes, as hyped as they are, are not as half as innovative as ordinary Nissan. They just like making fancy cars and copying BMW, thats all. You can use your Google to find out things yourself.
not true if you want to know what will be standard issue in cars in 8 years time go and check a mercedes s class.

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by SouthSouth1914: 6:52am On Apr 24, 2019
Switruth:
Abeg no dey reply that guy. An OP that derailed his own post. I have an old ML but that’s what I use to move.

I tire for the guy.. All Mercedes are durable! There is no old or new.. cheers

3 Likes

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by tope3x(m): 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bro,I was using a Toyota Camry muscle,I thought that was the best,then upgraded to Toyota venza...wow,it was all fun,then I tried Benz...oh my God... pls do not compare a Toyota Camry car with a Mercedes benz
banky3w:

If you've never used any other car apart from the 2 (Toyota and Benz) you mentioned, how can you say there's no more match for just your limited experience? There's a saying that if a child has not seen another person father's farm, he will keep boasting his father's farm is the biggest.... Grow up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by 9icetoo(m): 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
xtivin2:
Honestly, Benz is second to none. Most features that can be found in a Japanese car made in 2018 was already in a benz made in 2008. The interior of Benz is awesome and it brings super comfort and confidence. Ever imagined why most presidents use Benz as official vehicles?..Benz is like buying a Gucci in a superclass boutique and buying same Gucci in the street. The difference is there
Let me give you a shocker. Electronic power steering appeared in a 2007 Honda city before your Benz. Paddle shifters appeared in same 07 Honda city before a Benz of the same class. Let that sink in slowly. Benz are just another group of automakers competing in a harsh market. Benz was "Benz" pre 2000 before the bean counters took over. They haven't recovered since then.
And to the poster who said Benz cannot somersault, I pity you. Can't believe you can still regurgitate that nursery school gist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by Blessing97(m): 12:07am On Jun 11, 2019
mrAMG2:

Lmao!!!

I bought my first car in 2010 bruh. A N2.5m honda accord(dc) paid in cash. I bought my first house in 2017, what did you say your boy bought again?

You or your boy is currently importing N1.5m accidented cars? I currently drive a 2015 honda crosstour, bought brand new, now please tell me how much that is.

I drove a 2008 c300 from 2014 to 2016. I fully serviced that girl 3 times a year and I never for once had any issues, so please, if you don’t know how to take care of your benz, then keep quiet.

You want proof of all my purchases? Lol nigga drop your email
Please let me work for you and under you sir. I promise you won't regret it. :-)
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by ibbabah: 11:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
If u are interested in the Benz WhatsApp group, join through this link

https:///FeuuV44Jfn9GwhrSp2F69a

Edit the link above and add what is missing. Check the link below for guidance.

1 Like

Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by bronx4(m): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2R58PKphsw/?igshid=cqwzrrkl257d purchase your buy and drive Benz with us. Maintenance tips shop
Re: Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? by NewDelhi(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2020
antagonist:
lol, it is funny how all Benz or nothing gang have owned 100 different Benz models

over engineered piece of crap living on past overrated glory
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How A Volvo Truck Is Controlled From Outside With An External Steering / An Accident Involving A Drunk Driver At Ado Rd., Lagos (picture) / Mercedes Is Recalling The G65 Because It Can Go Too Fast Backwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.