Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Obeying His Commands? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obeying His Commands? (244 Views)

Pastor Igwe Ognonnaya Gets Car Gift After Obeying God & Sacrificed His Cars / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand / Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obeying His Commands? by biggboy(m): 7:54am On Apr 21, 2019
The generation we live in now is filled with so many believers who only profess to love God, but do not act, show, practice and demonstrate the love of God to others.

Matthew 15:8 "AMP:These people draw near Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts hold off and are far away from Me."

From the Bible reference above, so many people that think and claim to know and love God are only deceiving themselves because their heart is far from God!

Do you truly and really love God?
Are you keeping and obeying his commands?

One of the way to really show that you love God is by keeping and obeying his commandment.
Obeying the command is not a request or an advise, it's a demand and a command!

Now, you should ask yourself, what are the commands of God that I need to keep and obey?

These commands includes tithing, evangelism, relationship and sex matters, divorce, general christian lifestyle etc.

If you really and truly love God, you will not be selective as to which of his commands to keep and obey!

If your love for God has not been tried, tested and proven to be genuine, then there is no love for God in the first place.

His Command About Premarital Sex

We are now in a generation where premarital sex is rampant, even among some so called believers.

Hebrews 13:4"AMP:Let marriage be held in honor (esteemed worthy, precious, of great price, and especially dear) in all things. And thus let the marriage bed be undefiled (kept undishonored); for God will judge and punish the unchaste [all guilty of sexual vice] and adulterous."

From the Bible reference above, we can see clearly that God is not in support of premarital sex and severe consequences awaits all those involved in this shameful act!

No matter how the world, the devil and his agents may present premarital sex in different ways and forms, we must be wise and be ready to say no like Joseph.

You may be asking, what if I only kiss, peek, hug, and romance without sexual intercourse?
The answer to your question is what is the reason and motive behind your actions?

1 Thessalonians 5:22"KJV:Abstain from all appearance of evil"

From the Bible reference above, we must keep away from everything that appears evil and does not glorify God!

Are you obeying and keeping his command about premarital sex?

If you want to go far in all areas of your life, you must learn to say no to the devil's offer to engage in premarital sex.

His Command About Tithing And Giving

First, we need to understand that there is a difference between tithing and giving, we should not join some new generation churches that says giving should replace tithing.

According to Oxford mini dictionary, tithe is the tenth part of the increase arising from the profits.
Tithe is to paid from profit and not from capital or loss.

Malachi 3:10"KJV:Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

From the Bible reference above, God has commanded us to bring tithe into his house and not to give it to the poor and needy.

The blessings of tithing are numerous, you can check them out by reading Malachi 3:10-13.

Luke 6:38"KJV:Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

From the Bible reference above, what you give is what you get with an added extra!

Do not be weary or tired in giving and helping the needy because you will be duly rewarded and you are indirectly giving to God!

God's word is forever settled and God is not the author of confusion. Let the Holy spirit guide and lead you on how frequently to give, tithe, redeem a pledge and pay your first fruit!

Are you obeying his command about tithing and giving?

Your giving is directly proportional to your lifting. If you give nothing, you will receive nothing, if you give little, you will receive little!

His Command About Evangelism

According to the Oxford mini dictionary, evangelism is sharing news of something in order to convince someone to join or otherwise accept it.

There are several means and platforms that can be used to preach the gospel of Christ.

Mark 16:15"KJV:And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

From the Bible reference above, we have been commanded to preach the gospel of Christ to all creatures in all the world.

The call to preach is not meant for Bishop's, Pastor's, Evangelist's and church worker's alone, it is for every bona-fide and genuine children of God!

However, you cannot offer what you do not have i.e if you are not saved, you can not preach to unbelievers to be saved.

Source: http://www.thebelievershub.com/2019/04/obeying-his-commands.html

(1) (Reply)

Relationship And Religion / Open Heaven 7 May 2019 Prayer Points On Today – Preach The Word I / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/05/19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.