Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? (18990 Views)

Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2019
ednut1:
Why not focus on how u go enter heaven na. And live matter . People are doing it and u cant stop them

They are already on their way to hell. Those doing it that is.

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Iddfx: 9:52am On Apr 21, 2019
God has never spoken directly to a woman.Never!
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 9:53am On Apr 21, 2019
Reference:
As long as God can raise up stones, shows that he does not partake in the discrimination and ridiculous laws and sentiments of men. God is in a real hurry to save mankind. I seriously doubt if He will be picky as to who does His Works.

He sent Jesus... why didn't He send a woman?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Dantedasz(m): 9:55am On Apr 21, 2019
QuickStandard:
I have no time now to into details, cos am on my way to church.

But if you take a deeper look, from the scripture you quoted, you will see that Paul only expressed his own human views

grin
Flip flop,flip flip,flip flop.

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 9:56am On Apr 21, 2019
Dokitadotun:
There are positions that Apostle Paul took because of Jewish religion. A close example was when he had Timothy, a greek christian, circumscised for acceptance among the Jews even though he himself said that circumscision avails nothing before God. Judaism forbids woman from ministering in the sanctuary hence many early Christians find it hard to accept a woman ministering in the sanctuary. In fact Paul himself wrote that Man and woman are equal. However, because of peace he said woman should not minister. Remember we minister to God in the spirit and not the flesh. God is a spirit and we relate with him with our spirit and in the spirit there is no male nor female.

Ministering in spirit is different from ministering to congregation abeg? Don't get it twisted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by kareemkamil(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2019
What I'm always emotional about, is that they will see some Christian saying it right for Woman to preach on alter. What a confused religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by CandidSeeker(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2019
Judges 4:4-5 KJV
And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Beth-el in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Galatians 3:27-28 KJV
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

-Peace.

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by InvertedHammer: 9:58am On Apr 21, 2019
/
How idiotic to let the rules purportedly set in about 2000 years ago be the guiding principle in this day and age? We have many denominations in Christianity because people started picking holes in the book of coercion called Bible. The Bible is a collection of history, stories, fantasy, proverbs, erotica, letters, predictions and revelation. Any bias formed can be confirmed in the Bible. How do you change the mindset of someone who had been indoctrinated and programmed with the Bible since childhood? Therein lies the problem. The same way it is difficult to convince Muslims, Buddhists, etc otherwise. A religion that claims to be the truth and only truth yet finds it difficult to unite on a common ground is a fraud. The division in Christianity is too embarrassing to take it serious. Catholics vs Protestants vs Baptists vs Methodist vs Pentecostal vs Evangelical vs Lutheran vs Adventist...and on and on. There are differences that gave rise to the multiple denominations. Too many freaking doctrines.

/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Dokitadotun: 9:58am On Apr 21, 2019
Kdon2:

Ministering in spirit is different from ministering to congregation abeg? Don't get it twisted
First and foremost bro, you are ministering to God!! Not to people. It is the Holy spirit that touches peoples heart and not you the minister, more so it is not a social gathering but spiritual
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2019
Richy4:
But Deborah was a woman... She was one of the judges in Israel...They should have said haba!! Madam u are a woman, u should be quite..

Women where the first that proclaimed the resurrection of Jesus while their male counterparts were sleeping or hiding...
That temple veil that slits in half when Jesus gave up the ghost got lots significance...including what we are talking about on this thread...

My brother, no where in Israel can a woman lead a congregation it's a sacriledge. The Bible says so. Stop rearranging God's order!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Femich18(m): 10:01am On Apr 21, 2019
midolian:
I think we should stop trying hard to justify what is not...

It is clearly stated in Corinthians that it is a shame for women to speak in church. Whatever questions they have to ask, they should ask their husbands at home...but these days, their husbands will even be seated in church listening to their bitter sermons and nodding their heads to show they are proud of their wives. If Daddy freeze start now, Una go say he is anti-christ..

If the man on the pulpit sees a verse that does not go down well with him, he reads the entire Bible in search of what looks like a counter verse to justify his disobedience of the word of "God"..or go outside the testament if need be. When it comes to matters of tithes, they wee say "Old testament or New testament, all na testament" grin grin

Truth is, the verses of the Bible are selectively followed.

Note; I am not an atheist. Just a blunt and logical believer

God bless you for this. Exactly what I have in mind

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by HeyCorleone(m): 10:04am On Apr 21, 2019
danhiels:
I think this is the opinion of Paul and the time he lived in(traditionally women where deemed inferior by men at that time) see I believe the bible was inspired by God but it was not written by God so men wrote what they believe in their time just like some of our pastors say what they believe now (doesn't mean the apostles intend to deceive don't. know about pastors of now) my point:Deborah became a judge over all the tribes of Israel given anointing and authority by God we would he change over time and say women are not allowed to lead or rule or preach in the church or anywhere else ...God does not change nor lie for he OS not a man that he should be sorry

So by your analysis of "writing what they believe in their time", should we then allow the practice of homosexuality, because, you know, the writers condemning it in the Bible were writing what they believed in their time, when homosexuality was unthinkable?
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 10:04am On Apr 21, 2019
Dokitadotun:

First and foremost bro, you are ministering to God!! Not to people. It is the Holy spirit that touches peoples heart and not you the minister, more so it is not a social gathering but spiritual

Jesus never sent his disciples to God he sent them to people. Jesus didn't come to the world for God he came because of people! I hope that clears the point?
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Richy4(m): 10:09am On Apr 21, 2019
Kdon2:

My brother, no where in Israel can a woman lead a congregation it's a sacriledge. The Bible says so. Stop rearranging God's order!

You don't know your bible man... Go to the book of judges... and look it up...

I wish you understand English properly... U will see that 1 Tim 2 vs 12, Paul was making use of " I" I DO NOT PERMIT IT..". meaning that it was Paul himself that was saying he will not premit women to speak... not the holyspirit.. or something. . Just simple english language... u should learn to read your bible and distinguish when a character in it was speaking in his own accord and when he was lead by the spirit... I am guessing that it's not every thing the pastor says that u believed right? So also Paul is human like u....

2 Likes

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 10:10am On Apr 21, 2019
kareemkamil:

See you, those Muslims you are seen, are the true believers.

Those one that murder in the name of Allah. Abeg nothing is as fake as a religion that kills people under pretense of holier than thou.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by femichill: 10:12am On Apr 21, 2019
midolian:
I think we should stop trying hard to justify what is not...

It is clearly stated in Corinthians that it is a shame for women to speak in church. Whatever questions they have to ask, they should ask their husbands at home...but these days, their husbands will even be seated in church listening to their bitter sermons and nodding their heads to show they are proud of their wives. If Daddy freeze start now, Una go say he is anti-christ..

If the man on the pulpit sees a verse that does not go down well with him, he reads the entire Bible in search of what looks like a counter verse to justify his disobedience of the word of "God"..or go outside the testament if need be. When it comes to matters of tithes, they wee say "Old testament or New testament, all na testament" grin grin

Truth is, the verses of the Bible are selectively followed.

Note; I am not an atheist. Just a blunt and logical believer
You couldn't have said it better.
We Christian's selectively choose and act on what pleases us based on the Bible verse.
Some people believe the old testament is bygone but ask them to show you where Christian's are commanded to pay tithe in new testament , they will not show you.

2 Likes

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Satan66(m): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2019
Akuruoulo:
was there aircraft ? will the Asians and Africans travel to Europe by foot ? use ur head
There were Africans in Rome you fool.
You forget slaves were transported by sea.
Brainwashed folks

2 Likes

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Greatzeus(m): 10:17am On Apr 21, 2019
midolian:

Go and read your Bible and stop making a f00l of yourself..

Bible fall on you!
Answer the questions I asked hypocrite, you all are here breathing hell and fire about a woman preaching in church,but you fornicate,lie and cheat people to make money undecided
Who do you think God is angry at? A woman who is born again and living right but preaches in church or you who fornicates, lie and cheats other people?
Another question for you

2 Likes

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by danhiels(m): 10:17am On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:

I lie?
Mentioned a passage where a black man was mentioned angry
We blacks have being slaves since the beginning.
what about the English and Americans who are slave owners what about Germans where were they mentioned in the bible..... even the bible spoke of a certain Ethiopian top official who was trying to understand the scripture but could not and Philip caught up with him and asked if he needed help and he said very much then Philip hopped on the chariot and went with him.......or you want them to tell records about ojukwu and biafra and Hitler and west Germany abi.... don't use stupidity to justify insanity please
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by danhiels(m): 10:23am On Apr 21, 2019
CandidSeeker:
Judges 4:4-5 KJV
And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Beth-el in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Galatians 3:27-28 KJV
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

-Peace.

simple as it can be

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by chosengocap: 10:23am On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:

Exactly because blacks were being enslaved angry
You worship and praise a man that did nothing to save your ancestors.
You believe he died for your sins while your ancestors were being used servants and human toys.
Funny
All of Jesus disciples were white, no black, no Asian.

Do your research....Jesus and all jews of old weren't white, they all had your color.

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Joshmodest(m): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:

I lie?
Mentioned a passage where a black man was mentioned angry
We blacks have being slaves since the beginning.
Jah bless brother ...
the Bible is seriously racist as well ....we are made to believe Jesus was white , no reference to Africans in the Bible the only cities mentioned were Ethiopia and Egypt that was painted black by the Bible , and we all know how God was against the Egyptians... we all know the Egyptians were looked down on by God's people,such that anybody who married them had gone astray !!!!
All the books were written by white men .. meaning the blacks lack the knowledge to be used by God as at that time !
I still wonder how people can believe in a religion and love a book that encourages things that even the society today regard as inhumane and wrong like Racism ,Sexism , child marriages and Slavery !!

2 Likes

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Geesaintagape: 10:37am On Apr 21, 2019
Nigeria Christians chose what to believe
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by don4real18(m): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2019
Greatzeus:
Most of us still don't understand what great sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf,and what he achieved,when we do,we will then truly be as gods.
In Christianity,there is no tribe,no race,no gender discrimination before God. Jesus didn't pay more price for males than females and vice versa. A woman can old any position in church just as men do,as long as she is qualified.
In other words, you are saying that Apostle Paul's teaching is wrong since he said that women should remain silent in churches, right?

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by HitSong: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2019
Kdon2:

Se na copycat quran be religious book? All na history of Israelites (jews) not even Arab has 10% there!
Lol
This one doesn't even know how the Jews detests Christians. I just laugh when the ignorant fools here celebrate Isreal. Christians population in Israel is not even up to 5%.
Till today, the Jews don't give a fùck about your Jesus. They still think that he's a liar and a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by bigdot1759(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2019
Dokitadotun:

mr. Confusedman
U be commedian? How can u minister to God oooooo
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2019
HitSong:

Lol
This one doesn't even know how the Jews detests Christians. I just laugh when the ignorant fools here celebrate Isreal. Christians population in Israel is not even up to 5%.
Till today, the Jews don't give a fùck about your Jesus. They still think that he's a liar and a hypocrite.

That's your problem. Do jews care about Islam either.? No. Israel is the origin of Christianity. Deal with it.
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Kdon2: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2019
Richy4:

You don't know your bible man... Go to the book of judges... and look it up...

I wish you understand English properly... U will see that 1 Tim 2 vs 12, Paul was making use of " I" I DO NOT PERMIT IT..". meaning that it was Paul himself that was saying he will not premit women to speak... not the holyspirit.. or something. . Just simple english language... u should learn to read your bible and distinguish when a character in it was speaking in his own accord and when he was lead by the spirit... I am guessing that it's not every thing the pastor says that u believed right? So also Paul is human like u....

Your level of understanding is terribly flawed!
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by danhiels(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2019
HeyCorleone:

So by your analysis of "writing what they believe in their time", should we then allow the practice of homosexuality, because, you know, the writers condemning it in the Bible were writing what they believed in their time, when homosexuality was unthinkable?
at least on your own you should know God forbids homosexuality he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality he commanded the other 11 tribes of Israel to desolate their brother tribe of Benjamin because of homosexuality... God never destroyed any one or city for letting a woman lead or minister the gospel ....neither did he condemn it... it was condemned by men who did what they thought was right

1 Like

Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Frankiss44(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2019
kareemkamil:

See you, those Muslims you are seen, are the true believers.

Your opinion
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by HitSong: 10:51am On Apr 21, 2019
Kdon2:

That's your problem. Do jews care about Islam either.? No. Israel is the origin of Christianity. Deal with it.
Sorry o cheesy
Ọmọ Jerúsálẹ́mù grin
At least, the population of Muslims in Isreal is more than 10%
Deal with that too tongue
Re: Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? by Ayostephen1(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2019
All I know is I will never go to the church where a woman is the pastor. A woman can be prophetess but he will do it under a man.In the next life I won't still go to a church that has woman as pastor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Many "Likes" Would Send Many Lives To Hell! / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.